Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

more boots not more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the small text is very perplexing. really nothing to fit in there. can't make it too annoying politics guy. self referential too cringe, etc

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

how about

USAIDS
the sex disease

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

USAIDS
HI Vladimir

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/status/1588685439749468162

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its impossible. you can't fit a quip in there thats not stupid. it shoudl just glass break and the tag falls away to an orc howling

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

usaids
im gay

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he is so short

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
He's so handsome. To be honest, I wish we could ban people for pro-Zelensky opinions so that way I could have him all to myself!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

missed opportunity to actually post this on new years.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hoping russia loses

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

how about

USAIDS
the sex disease

kinda on the nose

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

speng31b posted:

i wonder how long the thread in the mod forum would be about this

I'm happy to do a gangtag but uh, I gotta say no on the aids thing, sorry :(

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

sum posted:

This was such a shocking admission from Arestovich that I actually tracked down the original interview and put it through Google Translate and yeah, it looks like he said that?

I don't know if Arestovich is actually in on any internal intelligence or if he's just connecting the dots and spitballing but it's hilarious to just straight up say that most of the army's equipment has been exploded but things will be ok once winter comes because the 300,000 extra enemy troops will be cold.

Is it still working for Zelensky or his he now out of the loop? It isn't exactly the thing you would want to be saying even though he is trying to spin it with cold weather.

I mean it is possible that Ukraine is running into their own manpower shortages and supply issues after all. However, it does make the Russian narrative around Kherson a bit bizzare, they are still hunkering down for a massive offensive after evacuting the population.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Nov 5, 2022

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

we need more witches to curse Putin.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Calibanibal posted:

Busy cursing Brady

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

not sure if they can overcome the duginist mystics doing a counterspell

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

if only we had a witchcraft thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

so probably at least a dozen pages

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

honing my boundless anger and resentment into a potent psychic blade... I need a coven to guide my curse through the astral plane and strike true at Putler's black heart

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just say no to aids

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its a little more, uh, aggressive

E: wow, paint devoured a lot of pixels. I am not a good graphics design person

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Nov 5, 2022

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Azathoth posted:

Making me do all this extra work of removing a letter :mad:

Anyways yeah, probably better without the usaid tagline unless any of you funny guys think of something.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Making me do all this extra work of removing a letter :mad:

Anyways yeah, probably better without the usaid tagline unless any of you funny guys think of something.

Yours is much better. Although the logo on the privatization site has 'from the American people' on it and makes it much funnier, to me

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

honing my boundless anger and resentment into a potent psychic blade... I need a coven to guide my curse through the astral plane and strike true at Putler's black heart

Something Awful should not advocate for doing battle on the astral plane, lest you find a powerful hex brought down on the website. Jeffrey cannot afford 24/7 psychic protection for the servers, and he's had one visit from MAGUSA already. I beg you to stand down, or at least not post about your mind blade on the forums

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Nix Panicus posted:

Yours is much better. Although the logo on the privatization site has 'from the American people' on it and makes it much funnier, to me

I figured that'd look unreadable at this scale but it looks alright actually.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

They forgot to tell us what to think. Is this a warning or a selling point?

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao. from that privatization site

the game was rigged from the start

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

So that key icon thing that comes up in there, could someone explain to me what that is? I don't recognize it and uh...well, I feel like I need to ask.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

So that key icon thing that comes up in there, could someone explain to me what that is? I don't recognize it and uh...well, I feel like I need to ask.

it's the logo of the state property fund of Ukraine i think

https://www.spfu.gov.ua/

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Azathoth posted:

its the website logo on the privatiztion site https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...share_permalink

quote:

One hundred years ago Lenin’s Bolshevik henchmen on the Soviet gunboat Red October seized the islands from American settlers. They arrested the settlers and detained them for years, with some dying in captivity. Joseph Stalin’s forces subsequently used the islands to imprison and torture dissidents, including Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg.

Today the islands are home to a state-of-the-art Russian military base, from which Mr. Putin can threaten American sovereignty. Last month, the U.S. Air Force intercepted Russian bombers menacing Alaska’s borders, part of a projection of force where Wrangel Island plays a strategic role.

Indications are that what lies underground at Wrangel could be no less valuable, including potentially large quantities of oil, gas and other minerals.

If Mr. Putin has forgotten this history, Joe Biden may well remember it. Thirty years ago he ran the Senate Foreign Relations Committee debate during which Sen. Frank Murkowski (R., Alaska) said that a vote in favor of a 1991 U.S.-Russia boundary treaty would in no way prejudice potential future U.S. claims to the islands. Sen. Jesse Helms (R., N.C.) also emphasized this, saying, “I doubt that the State Department will make use of the opportunity to press U.S. claims to the five islands—even though the right to do so is preserved.”

Today, that opportunity has just made land.

Mr. Dans is a co-founder and portfolio manager at Amberwave Partners, an investment manager. He served as counselor to the U.S. Treasury undersecretary for international affairs (2020-21) and as a Commissioner of the U.S. Arctic Research Commission (2021).

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lenin sucked, im glad he died

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

speng31b posted:

it's the logo of the state property fund of Ukraine i think

https://www.spfu.gov.ua/

lobster shirt posted:

its the website logo on the privatiztion site https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

Much appreciated.

Looks good for a gangtag! I'll give folks say 24 hours for anyone to come up with alternatives or improvements or whatever and unless folks would like a different one we'll go with that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

https://www.spfu.gov.ua/ua/news/9102.html

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Re Tag: Too obscure and not terribly amusing.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Corky Romanovsky posted:

don't sign your posts

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

I bought this bridge and now the government blew it up?

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Corky Romanovsky posted:

It's as funny as this thread is, so seems like a good fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I am strongly in favor of the stupid tankies itt having a stupid gangtag to ID them on sight. Just so I know who to hate without having to remember usernames or avatars