Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, can I get a scumdoc link? I love reading docs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also just curious, did you think anyone would buy "two-man scumteam"?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad I rethought TMM

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
For the curious, this setup is based on a completely vanilla game Asphyxious ran a while back with Transformers flavour but with a central conceit that the particular flavour was really boring.

That's pretty much how I feel about Archer: Vice. There are some highlights of course, but so much of the show is devoted to needlessly explaining why they're in the drugs game for the first half of the season that it really drags. Add to that Pam and Cheryl Cherlene becoming one dimensional for an entire season and yeah, it's not my favourite season.

In Gaspy's game town lost in part because they believed scum fake roleclaims. I added the Godmother and town-investigating 3P roles so that nobody would get the vanilla-ness straight away (there was no cop). As it turned out Opop's "claim" worked really well for scum so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
scumdoc

The 3P secret wincon I added because (1) playing 3P straight can suck and (2) I wanted to incentivise good posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I probably should have killed Anidav over Rurea on N5, but I was pretty well screwed either way since I was closing in on the Opop/SSV scum team, but nobody except Kash wanted to really look hard at Opop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For the record you were good scum TMM. I don't know what it was specifically that made me turn around on you, but for some reason I knew it had to be right

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Also just curious, did you think anyone would buy "two-man scumteam"?

Not really, but since I think everyone had figured out it was an all vanilla game so maybe it could have been true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yeah people not wanting to lynch opop is the stupidest play I have ever seen in a mafia game. E V E R.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

For the record you were good scum TMM. I don't know what it was specifically that made me turn around on you, but for some reason I knew it had to be right

What would you have done if I had jumped on the Anidav vote right away? Would you have waited for a few minutes longer? I didn't really want to jump on him first because I didn't know how it would make me look.

If Opop had been around a bit more, we would have won when you dropped that anidav vote. I sent him a PM and then just constantly was refreshing the thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i was waiting to see if SSV or you jumped on it right away. I had another tab open with my unvote already typed

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
So the lurking beaver conspiracy... was right all along?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

i was waiting to see if SSV or you jumped on it right away. I had another tab open with my unvote already typed

I was hoping Opop would vote quickly because I had another tab open with my anidav vote typed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it was a gamble, but I know how SSV plays when he's scum. It was a risk I had to take

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My entire defense was essentially: I wasn't protecting one scum, I was hunting another and I couldn't get Opop flipped for the credit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i figured you wanted opop because lurker and dumb pbs thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The scumdoc is pretty much a giant empty Opop column and TMM and I being amazed nobody lynched opop after the PBS gambit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh btw, I was the one who changed PBS's bazinga vote to a self vote. I couldn't help myself. I didn't care if I counted or not, I just thought it would be loving hilarious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Oh btw, I was the one who changed PBS's bazinga vote to a self vote. I couldn't help myself. I didn't care if I counted or not, I just thought it would be loving hilarious.

I spent the rest of the day laughing hysterically over it too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I figured it was in the spirit of Mallory to rig the vote.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That was a great moment to witness.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You were correct in the doc.

You should have killed me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

that was amazing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

you monster

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just noticed your new avatar. That's incredible.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

You were correct in the doc.

You should have killed me.

Yeah, but the problem was that I wouldn't really have a leg to stand on if I killed you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well sorry about that

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

Well sorry about that

Ehhh..no worries, poo poo happens. It was still a good game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
opoop why did you nk me i was jhust shitposting man. :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

opoop why did you nk me i was jhust shitposting man. :(

All of the decisions were mine. I controlled Opop like a puppet with the NKs. I killed you because I thought you were the cop and wanted to use that to help get Opop hung. I really thought this was a cop result and you were trying to get another investigation in:

busb posted:

firstly dont meta anidav's play, because it wasnt anidav.

secondly opoop is always scum ##vote opopanax

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Good game Bird & Co, very entertaining. Quick question, did MMG ask to be subbed out or was it shenanigans?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommofork posted:

Good game Bird & Co, very entertaining. Quick question, did MMG ask to be subbed out or was it shenanigans?

MMG wasn't really making archer jokes liked I'd hoped and I was worried he would be lurky after he asked for a later deadline so I archerized (yes he's a verb now) that position. I had that idea about Fulton extract/Conway and it sort of went from there.

(Sorry for being a dick about that MMG)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

TMMadman posted:

All of the decisions were mine. I controlled Opop like a puppet with the NKs. I killed you because I thought you were the cop and wanted to use that to help get Opop hung. I really thought this was a cop result and you were trying to get another investigation in:

uh yeah but i also said random alignment poo poo about.. SSV? i think?

anyway i can't believe you idiots lynched PBS he was the only one actually posting well and intelligently in the game, the rest of us were p much bumbling idiots

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

MMG wasn't really making archer jokes liked I'd hoped and I was worried he would be lurky after he asked for a later deadline so I archerized (yes he's a verb now) that position. I had that idea about Fulton extract/Conway and it sort of went from there.

No problem, happy to get a win based purely on some posting :woop:

Problem is I've only watched the first two seasons of Archer so didn't want to be called out on my old references.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Birdstrike posted:

Haha nice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

uh yeah but i also said random alignment poo poo about.. SSV? i think?

anyway i can't believe you idiots lynched PBS he was the only one actually posting well and intelligently in the game, the rest of us were p much bumbling idiots

Tbh that result makes me strongly doubt power role claims in the future

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Amazing game strike

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Amazing game strike

Man, these non-Auspol games are too slow for me, but the constant substitutions and those voting shenanigans were pretty fun to watch.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This was amazing btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It was very fun to mod.

Also as Podima noticed, I accidentally posted the final flip in the previous game thread (which I kept open because I wanted to quote some things in that thread) :eng99:

For now I have some vague thoughts about a second Alpha Centauri (well, "Auspol Crossfire") game down the track.

Alternatively I may finally figure out how to do justice to Sealab 2021: The Game.

• Locked thread