Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Bust Rodd posted:

Methanar at D&D: this castle sucks. I’ve slayed the dragon, boned the barbarian witch babes, pulled the flaming sword from the cryptic Puzzle Cube. Nothing is working, nothing makes me feel better. I go to sleep.

Dungeon Master: Ok you regain all your special abilities and magic spells

Methanar: God what’s the point

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Methanar at D&D: this castle sucks. Ive slayed the dragon, boned the barbarian witch babes, pulled the flaming sword from the cryptic Puzzle Cube. Nothing is working, nothing makes me feel better. I go to sleep.

Methanar: God whats the point

lmfao

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

Bust Rodd posted:

Methanar at D&D: this castle sucks. Ive slayed the dragon, boned the barbarian witch babes, pulled the flaming sword from the cryptic Puzzle Cube. Nothing is working, nothing makes me feel better. I go to sleep.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIZ36GI4p8

In 2014 I wanted to do something similar to this. Take a picture every day. And for almost 3 years I did. Nearly every day I took a picture until one day it just sort of stopped. A daily habit for over 1000 days turned into about 25 occurrences in 150 days. Then it stopped. The last picture was taken the day I left red deer to move to lloydminster to move into the house I bought shortly after.

When I look at the old pictures I don't see anything good. Its all regret and embarassment, I wasn't happy in those pictures either. The same two emotions that have dominated my life since I was 3 years old, as far back as I can remember.

I just went and shaved out of disgust at what I saw what I look like unshaven. So I had to stare at myself for 15 minutes shaving disgusted at myself. I looked horrible for years consecutively because I didn't shave, have proper haircuts or take care of acne and I'm covered in acne scars forever now because of it. My hair is thinning and falling out and my skin is ruined: the damage is permanent. What an unbelievable waste. I was crippled by so many people for so long I didn't know to even fix anything about myself.

I spent 3 years resisting starting the pictures again and I don't know why. I don't know why I did that. I kept telling myself that it was too late to start again and I had already waited too long. I probably told myself that after a month after the last picture and kept saying it. The same reason I kept denying myself trying wow again and so many other things. "It's already too late".

Last friday my psychologist referral finally came through and the receptionist offered to help me figure out how insurance coverage works because I didn't know which was extremely nice of her. She said she'd call me back on Monday after figuring it out. I've heard nothing back. I went through all of my insurance documents again to finally figure it out myself and there is actually an applicable clause hidden in there for mental health. Obviously the answer is call the psychologist's office and stop waiting to get the appointment arranged but I'm too embarrassed and stupid to have made the call yet.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 14, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Call the psych you dumbass.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Do drugs until you die imo

Everyone should do drugs until they die tbh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im sorry Im maybe a little confused, arent you a Canadian citizen? Dont you have access to public mental healthcare?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
fuckin' ha, no. therapy here goes betwen $60 and $200 an hour, and the free ones are worthless. said as someone who's bounced around the system for 15 years

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Yeah you can see a psychiatrist for free through your clinic/GP but the wait times are abysmal and they're just doctors who will diagnose and prescribe to the best of their ability. Long term repeat-session talk therapy is still out of pocket/minimally covered by employer health plans, though as said there are free therapists but they're either "you only get to see me three times and I'm a student trying to get my degree" style or the therapist equivalent of a public defender lawyer.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Word. I really felt great about my time with a student therapist when I lived in Philly, he was absolutely excellent and it was only $25 a session, I was in crisis going twice a week. My new guy is $88 a visit and so I cant go as often as Id like and sometimes its like whelp I gotta get new tires, no therapy this month so I get it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why did we wildly rubberband from -30 to +8 in <48 hours

Climate change is going to kill us all.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

Why did we wildly rubberband from -30 to +8 in <48 hours

Because the polar cell has been failing for like 14 months. This is kind of, like, the end of the world.

Typically, the poles have tight pockets of cold air that does neat stuff like push the jet stream away, keep the ice frozen, maintain precipitation patterns, and more! Now, because we done hosed up the atmosphere, that tight pocket is starting to look like those flappy arm men outside car lots. Just super cold air blending down into super warm air and all of it loving with everything everywhere. When its done well have an equable climate which is a fun thing to google while you imagine what happens to all the life that got used to our current climate, ice ages and all, over the last 66 million years or so.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tuyop posted:

Because the polar cell has been failing for like 14 months. This is kind of, like, the end of the world.

Typically, the poles have tight pockets of cold air that does neat stuff like push the jet stream away, keep the ice frozen, maintain precipitation patterns, and more! Now, because we done hosed up the atmosphere, that tight pocket is starting to look like those flappy arm men outside car lots. Just super cold air blending down into super warm air and all of it loving with everything everywhere. When its done well have an equable climate which is a fun thing to google while you imagine what happens to all the life that got used to our current climate, ice ages and all, over the last 66 million years or so.

This sounds like really good poo poo to be talking to the depressed suicidal goon about.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The DSM-V acknowledges that the best course of treatment for depression is to tell the afflicted that nothing matters and that we're all going to die.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I really want to move somewhere cold and snowy from my current climate of cold and rainy. Change my mind.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Arrhythmia posted:

The DSM-V acknowledges that the best course of treatment for depression is to tell the afflicted that nothing matters and that we're all going to die.

well yeah but the climate won't kill us for years, might as well be happy in those last few years/decades instead of being sad anyway.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Bedshaped posted:

I really want to move somewhere cold and snowy from my current climate of cold and rainy. Change my mind.

canada is full

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bedshaped posted:

Cold and snowy is great, and if I could go to a place like that as well I would.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Cold and snowy is great, and if I could go to a place like that as well I would.

have you ever felt your eyes freeze

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Have you felt snot freeze?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I live a bit south of Calgary and worked outdoor snow removal for years. I'd take a long winter over a long summer in a heartbeat.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
move to outer space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a7clqqbHZI

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Arrhythmia posted:

Have you felt snot freeze?

I somehow left my fly open during a ski day at - 27C and I'm pretty sure I was close to cock frostbite.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Move to Australia, anywhere except Melbourne and enjoy actually nice weather

Also you'd probably walk into a job doing k8s

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

abigserve posted:

Move to Australia, anywhere except Melbourne and enjoy actually nice weather

Also you'd probably walk into a job doing k8s

Is australia still good about immigration from other commonwealth countries?
I heard they went hard anti-immigration like everyone else.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

move yourself regularly into the therapist's office

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Methanar posted:

If you're a knowledge worker I think it's pretty easy. I have a few friends who got citizenship.

The only thing I will say is that not being a citizen disqualifies you from getting a security clearance which basically disqualifies you from all government work

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cheer up OP. You could be like me who got a very desperate unsolicited job offer in Taber this week.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lol at guy living south of Calgary who doesn't think he lives somewhere cold and snowy. Canadians, am I rite

Methanar posted:

gently caress no. It's nearly impossible to stay permanently without marrying an Aussie. My visa currently has a 31 month wait for approval. You can stay for two years pretty easily though if you're young and don't mind working in slave conditions on a farm in the outback for part of it

Also Melbourne weather is amazing by Canadian standards. Sure it goes between 18c and 45c within hours but I'll take it.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 22, 2020

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I keep hearing mixed things about Australia. Come with me to New Zealand OP. Itll be like a tropical adventure 😎

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm at a Chinese buffet but i showed up 15 minutes early and they are still setting up. The lady dropped some tongs and still set them out lol

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

which buffet and what's the ratio of white people over 60 to literally anyone else

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

subpar anachronism posted:

which buffet and what's the ratio of white people over 60 to literally anyone else

1:4

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...!4d-113.4915257

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I made the mistake of volunteering to do work that was blocking a developer yesterday and today.

Woops forgot I was supposed to stop trying to help because initiative is only ever punished here.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

poo poo, I went to this place once with my husband. The one green thing on the buffet was a sad tray of broccoli and everything else was beige or coated in corn syrup. It was super gross.

Also how is therapy going OP?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Post good chinese food buffets to try

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Methanar posted:

I made the mistake of volunteering to do work that was blocking a developer yesterday and today.

Woops forgot I was supposed to stop trying to help because initiative is only ever punished here.

I volunteered to send poo poo out early today and got chewed out by my manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ thats work dude, I just roll with it and try to not rock the boat.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Methanar posted:

This phrase is an oxymoron in Edmonton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Methanar posted:

I dont know of any good buffets, but All Happy Family Restaurant is my favourite Chinese place in town. Try their peaches and shrimp or peaches and chicken. Its good stuff.