Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So who are your guesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
https://x.com/Twitchus_Christ/status/1224184332056694784?s=20

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Thanks, I hate it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Quackles posted:

School Announcements

• To confirm: There are no power roles in this game that are not stated in the OP.

I wonder if there's a "standard" Maf definition of "power roles."

I might suggest "anything with an active ability" would be sufficient (but not necessary) to fall into the "power role" camp. While I could see arguments that "guessing a player name to them abscond and win" isn't quite active, that seems like a bad argument.

I'm already voting Hal and can't vote them again. Well.

##vote Hal

Just in case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just why

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh that was in response to Tired not Cube lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Although I do still find Cube pretty sus. If you think the spy claim is inherently suspicious, why not vote for Muzzles who didn't claim it first? If one of them is faking it, I'd think the second claim is obviously more likely.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Although I do still find Cube pretty sus. If you think the spy claim is inherently suspicious, why not vote for Muzzles who didn't claim it first? If one of them is faking it, I'd think the second claim is obviously more likely.

My team has 4 alive right now and we need to remove one of us or we lose (unless we elim the MM).

I am pro also-eliminating-PMuzz, maybe also someone else.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Someone else like a third person? That'd be pretty cool.

Actually I got an idea

##unvote

Since I think most of y'all probably agree I'm pretty "town" how bout I stay on deck in case anything goes wonky at the last minute

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok finally got to review the teams and having 2 spies would be a nice symmetry with the 2 claimed survivors. I could believe it, setup-wise. But Phantom, can you ease my mind about a couple things? Actually I just got one question first for now cause I got distracted by something different that'll be in my next post:

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I can confirm that I am scum, but I'm only on one scumteam and y'all know that. Or rather, most of you know I'm not on your team.

Idk if we burned a day by not responding to Sub Rosa because I thought they were just making a trap and I didn't want to hurt my team by responding

That question is: Did you seriously think this post would work, lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This post made me do a double take:

CubicalSucrose posted:

Hal is most likely to be the MM from our room. I posted a screenshot of my full role PM first. TMor volunteered to out themselves today. Nat actually outed themselves (plus the rest of us, a bit less excited about that).

So if it's anyone from our place, it's Hal. Since we still have four, we need to get rid of one today regardless, so it should be Hal.

a screenshot? could we get a freebie modkill in here? :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Going to take a brief break to work on my last minute music league votes, but the main other thing I wanna ask Muzzles is who specifically they guessed when and why. Something we can actually judge the thought process of instead of this vague "oh I guessed some people no longer with us" likely story.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I didn't accuse you of being the mastermind. I said I had suspicions about you. Because you've been shady all day by completely misrepresenting what's been said in our masonry.

Go back and read all of our masonry chat today and tell me where I opposed full claiming in the thread. I never did, even though I knew it would out me as a spy.

We're also no closer to finding the mastermind, just talking about voting out the only information gathering roles in a flipless game. But feel free to keep putting yourself on the back, Toal

Lol, nothing feels closer to killing scum than this

When you accused me of being shady it was before I had come to the thread, how can I be misrepresenting what you say in the discord when all of our discord mates can see what you say. Otherwise you're putting one event before another and messing up the timeline to appear more sympathetic in thread.

This is a lot of words to say that your post feels like flailing so in not moving my vote.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

This post made me do a double take:

a screenshot? could we get a freebie modkill in here? :v:

I did wonder when I saw it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Actually yeah that's a genuine question, I'm pretty sure that should be a modkill because otherwise we could just all post our role pms as screenies in our chats?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I did wonder when I saw it.

Wait for real he posted an actual screenshot? I thought maybe Cube misspoke with a bit of hyperbole while he was busy puffing himself up as so not the scummiest member of your team.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Actually yeah that's a genuine question, I'm pretty sure that should be a modkill because otherwise we could just all post our role pms as screenies in our chats?

Maybe we can't, though. Maybe someone has special privileges, hehe

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh if someone on my team is going down it's cube for sure.

Again, I just don't buy the MM being on two teams if this game is remotely winnable for the MM.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Idk it just makes more sense for there to be two MM split between four teams

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I asked the mod first.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CubicalSucrose posted:

I asked the mod first.

Ok but why tho

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

I asked the mod first.

Like I was on the "maybe it's one of us" train from the start.

I did a screenshot and did it first.

TMor copy/pasted text.

Hal said that it matched what they had. Also said they didn't have an action. And kinda joked about not sharing details with other scum team members.

Nat was just like, sames.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Like I was on the "maybe it's one of us" train from the start.

I did a screenshot and did it first.

TMor copy/pasted text.

Hal said that it matched what they had. Also said they didn't have an action. And kinda joked about not sharing details with other scum team members.

Nat was just like, sames.

Er, correction. I asked folks to post first, TMor pasted text first. Mod had said it was okay to share within our scum channel.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok finally got to review the teams and having 2 spies would be a nice symmetry with the 2 claimed survivors. I could believe it, setup-wise. But Phantom, can you ease my mind about a couple things? Actually I just got one question first for now cause I got distracted by something different that'll be in my next post:

That question is: Did you seriously think this post would work, lol

If I'm honest, I don't really think about what "works" and doesn't. This is only my third game and I died pretty early in the first two. Like I've said, I lied to protect my teammate because I'm still convinced everyone is going to murder each other after we find the Mastermind. Because in my role it says I don't automatically win when the Mastermind is killed, but I clarified and I can basically wait until the next night and then guess them after they've been revealed and then I win. But I told Punk everything in our masonry and I told him it was completely up to him what he wanted to share

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Bifauxnen posted:

Going to take a brief break to work on my last minute music league votes, but the main other thing I wanna ask Muzzles is who specifically they guessed when and why. Something we can actually judge the thought process of instead of this vague "oh I guessed some people no longer with us" likely story.

First I guessed NeverHelm on... night two? Sorry the nights have blended together. I suspected them because the way they were talking in our masonry just didn't feel like it matched the way they talked in the thread and I know that probably doesn't make sense but they just seemed so like cool and calculating and it spooked me.

Then I guessed Windward after the SR swerve and I had already thought they probably weren't the MM but at that point it just didn't make sense to me how they kept dodging the vote and it really felt like they were being kept around as a distraction and even in my masonries we hadn't been talking about anyone else. So I voted for them anyway the next day because it just felt like the best play and I feel mean saying that but it just felt like finding out for sure they weren't the MM made me realize we weren't going to get any actual MM hunting done with them around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I got busy yesterday and I’m traveling most of the day today.

A dual spy seems to fit since there are 4 teams of 4 so I mostly believe Phuzz, although Punkreas makes it sound like the claim came out in a more suspicious way

Was that claim after I had publicly made mine?

Still seems very odd the MM would be on multiple teams though so I tend to believe that is a real claim

Obviously I’d like a chance to get my win condition tonight rather than be voted out today but I also suspected I’d be eliminated as soon as I had to claim unfortunately

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I am mod-confirmed not going to be modkilled. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The op says the only roles in the game is despair and mm, I don't think I'm going to invite hal or pmuzz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wait, there's nothing I op that says no power roles.

If you guys knew there were multiple scum teams why didn't you back sub rosa up though?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

If you guys knew there were multiple scum teams why didn't you back sub rosa up though?

It wasn't the OP it was a separate mod post.

I didn't back up SR because they weren't on my team and their particular Maf skills are extremely well-suited to a game like this (i.e. I was scared of them). Also it didn't seem to advance our wincon to out us at that point in time.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Toalpaz posted:

Because NeverHelm told me not to. And also I really did think Sub Rosa was lying because I thought my two teams were the only teams and everyone else was Town

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Like if you can literally just copy paste your role PM everyone in scum chats should do it and confirm everyone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CubicalSucrose posted:

I am mod-confirmed not going to be modkilled. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Can we please kill obvious mastermind bending the rules

##vote Cube

I know this sounds meme-y but I'm asking here, seriously, why would anyone decide as soon as the game starts that hmm, you know what the mod of this experimental and dubiously-balanced game needs? Me bugging them to give me special permission to cheat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quackles posted:

Quackles’ Basic Rules of Mafia Games

1. Do not quote, screencap, etc. any messages received privately, until the game is over.
This includes private channels, DMs, etc.

2. Don't edit your posts in gameplay channels, or the thread.

3. If you are out of the game, don't talk in the thread, or any gameplay channel other than the observer channel.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
people usually c/p their roles nowadays because its important for people to actually know what the hell is their teammates are gonna flip as

i would still prefer to go with hal and pmuzz together

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

people usually c/p their roles nowadays because its important for people to actually know what the hell is their teammates are gonna flip as

i would still prefer to go with hal and pmuzz together

Yeah people usually assume that's fine within a scumchat where you're confirmed you're all aligned together. But here that is very much in the air. And even then it wouldn't be a literal screenshot of the discord messages.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway I just asked now even though I was expecting a silly snarky in-character Monokuma response and got told to copy paste instead

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah c/ping text is pretty normal, especially if you have a weird role. A screenshot is unusual.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

For those wondering, Cubical asked about copy/pasting his role DM certain places, and I said he could. But he screenshotted instead and I didn't realize it.

For anybody else who this applies - and you know who you are: that same copy/pasting is OK.

I would request that y'all not get carried away and start screenshotting everything specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i have nothing of interest to screenshot

anyone interested in a hal/pmuzz/cub push? idk if the cub thing is really that big of a deal but it is pretty weird when c/p is so whatever over screenshotting