Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell yeah, just used my free $10 gift card to buy The Wizard, a movie I've never seen in full. Thanks, Rifftrax :) Merry Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hell yeah, just used my free $10 gift card to buy The Wizard, a movie I've never seen in full. Thanks, Rifftrax :) Merry Christmas!

It's their best non-live riff in a while. A good decision.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In the spirit of the season I picked up Have a Mary Jo Christmas... and I Believe in Santa.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Wizard is pretty bizarre for the fact that they spend all that time and money on learning every NES game (playing them in arcades for some reason) and in the end the entire contest is like two games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

The Wizard is pretty bizarre for the fact that they spend all that time and money on learning every NES game (playing them in arcades for some reason) and in the end the entire contest is like two games.

Well it got him trained to deal with those annoying birds in Ninja Gaiden.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

muscles like this? posted:

You forgot the part where the first game was one that he had already learned before their multi-day cram session, and the second hadn't been released yet, rendering the entire montage narratively pointless (except for showcasing lots of Nintendo games at once, which was obviously the true point).

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Paper Kaiju posted:

You forgot the part where the first game was one that he had already learned before their multi-day cram session, and the second hadn't been released yet, rendering the entire montage narratively pointless (except for showcasing lots of Nintendo games at once, which was obviously the true point).

The montage scene was 100% relevant and I will not hear otherwise!!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So how's Death Promise? I'm thinking of getting either that or Rock 'n Roll Nightmare with my free Riffbux.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Evil Mastermind posted:

So how's Death Promise? I'm thinking of getting either that or Rock 'n Roll Nightmare with my free Riffbux.

It's kind of like Escape 2000 meets Guy From Harlem.

But Rock 'n Roll Nightmare is the better riff imo. If only for the :psyboom: ending.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Mastermind posted:

A lot of folks here liked it, but I thought it was only average. I thought rock n roll nightmare was more entertaining.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Rock 'n Roll Nightmare is the better of the two, but Death Promise is still great. Depends really on if you crave a movie from the '80s or '70s, neither really are a bad call and they really follow a hell a lot of tropes from their respective genres/decades.

I'd like to give a special shout out to Hawk, the Slayer. It is probably the Rifftrax I've watched the most since I tend to have riffs on when going to bed and Hawk just has a melodic flow to it that jives well with what I'm looking for. Also Jack Palance is a human treasure, and it would be worth the cost if it were just the scenes with him.

Also there seems to be at best mixed impressions for The Dark Power and Alien Outlaw, but both of them I would put on my top 10 riffs, Mike's Lash LaRue voice gets me every time. The Dark Power is the better of the two, but I enjoy watching them in a pair, though the screaming from the girls at the end of The Dark Power is admittedly pretty jarring and loud.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Free Drinks posted:

...I tend to have riffs on when going to bed ...

I thought I was the only one who did this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Free Drinks posted:

Also there seems to be at best mixed impressions for The Dark Power and Alien Outlaw, but both of them I would put on my top 10 riffs, Mike's Lash LaRue voice gets me every time. The Dark Power is the better of the two, but I enjoy watching them in a pair, though the screaming from the girls at the end of The Dark Power is admittedly pretty jarring and loud.

The screaming was so loud and long I stopped the movie several times and considered asking for a refund.

There's a lot of love for The Wizard, I think I'll get tonight.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I guess I'm gonna have a Rock & Roll Nightmare, then!

I already have Hawk the Slayer and both Lash LaRue movies; I actually like the Lash movies because they're just so...nonsensical.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

I thought I was the only one who did this.

I actually felt a little weird typing that, but that IS the reason I've watched Hawk so much, and it's the internet so who gives a poo poo if falling asleep to Kevin Murphy's sultry voice is weird.

RandomPauI posted:

The screaming was so loud and long I stopped the movie several times and considered asking for a refund.

There's a lot of love for The Wizard, I think I'll get tonight.

Yeah, it's really annoying, though nothing they've shown or done will be as annoying as Disembodio singing at the end of Galaxy Invader. The riff is top tier, but the singing over the credits is probably my most hated thing ever done by anyone involved with mst3k or rifftrax. And I've watched Joel's old stand up (sorry Joel, I like your humor, but your routines in the 80's were hard to watch). Thank god they've stopped using Disembodio in VoD riffs.

The Wizard is absolutely worth the buy. I was actually a little worried when they officially announced the riff since I genuinely enjoy The Wizard as a movie on its own even today, but the riff met and exceeded all my hopes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Judging by the posts I will get Rock N Roll Nightmare as well.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
It's worth it just for being a classic Awful Movie Review.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rirse posted:

Judging by the posts I will get Rock N Roll Nightmare as well.

It affected me more than any other MST3K/Rifftrax movie I've ever seen. I spent hours in this laughing daze, trying to come to terms with what I had just watched. The payoff is even better than the Ice Cream Bunny showing up in the firetruck.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to use my free $10 to get Santa's Village of Madness and Jurassic Park

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Vicissitude posted:

It's worth it just for being a classic Awful Movie Review.

Here it is. http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/rock-roll-nightmare/1/

That is one of the reasons I started regularly going to SA. And now I feel old seeing that it is nearly 16 loving years old. The review was written closer to the release of the movie than it is to now. Ugh.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I have almost none of the VoDs and just got my coupon! Are there any absolute 100% essentials or are they all relatively good? I generally dig bad sci-fi/fantasy when it comes to MST, but good riffing would trump that.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gaspy Conana posted:

I have almost none of the VoDs and just got my coupon! Are there any absolute 100% essentials or are they all relatively good? I generally dig bad sci-fi/fantasy when it comes to MST, but good riffing would trump that.

Jesus. Umm...Try Gavok's list http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/rifftrax/251285/rifftrax-25-on-demand-movies-you-need-to-watch

They're all good. Take whatever interests you. Though he didn't put Zindi the Swamp Boy on there--which I love. It's like those live action Disney kids adventure movies--except miserable and grim.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 27, 2015

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
So with my free 10 bux....do I get Cool as Ice or that fuckin' weird new Santa and the Child Soldiers thing?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mr. Fowl posted:

Jesus. Umm...Try Gavok's list http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/rifftrax/251285/rifftrax-25-on-demand-movies-you-need-to-watch

They're all good. Take whatever interests you. Though he didn't put Zindi the Swamp Boy on there--which I love. It's like those live action Disney kids adventure movies--except miserable and grim.

That list is good, but the correct answer is Guy from Harlem.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys. I kinda like the Wizard. The riff is good but I kinda just like the movie so far. I'm only 2/3 the way through it so I hope it doesn't let me down.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Someone said I Believe In Santa gets crazy early on. I'm 40 minutes in and I'm still on board with the insanity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

For anyone asking, the correct answer for what to spend your money on is always going to be ROTOR. Only because you should already have Guy from Harlem.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ballz posted:

That list is good, but the correct answer is Guy from Harlem.

I'm going to have some burnt steak and lovely Scotch! GUY FROM HARLEM!

(so great)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

RandomPauI posted:

Someone said I Believe In Santa gets crazy early on. I'm 40 minutes in and I'm still on board with the insanity.

It gets pretty crazy early on, then just goes fill on crazy shortly after. It's seriously one of the most bizarre movie ploys I've ever come across.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

It gets pretty crazy early on, then just goes fill on crazy shortly after. It's seriously one of the most bizarre movie ploys I've ever come across.

Compared to the Room or Ice Cream Bunny it's a normal movie until like the 45 minute mark. Then it gets special, and it doesn't let up. And there's still 15 minutes left. I don't know where else this movie can go. I think this is my favorite bad xmas movie next to Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny Live.

Wait, is Santa delivering Xmas presents to a house with a menorah on the mantel? This movie keeps on giving in ways big and small. I can't wait for this to get the Live treatment.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr. Fowl posted:

I guess I know what I'm using my $10 for then.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

For anyone asking, the correct answer for what to spend your money on is always going to be ROTOR. Only because you should already have Guy from Harlem.

Everything about ROTOR is strange. From the completely unrealistic dialog to the changing "R" to that bizarre loving ending where a guy who has barely been in the movie unceremoniously kills the main character.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its nice that the Dallas police department has an LA branch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally watched Rock N Roll Nightmare, and yeah it was very worth it. Also the twist toward the end just came out of nowhere and I couldn't stop laughing when it happened.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

How is the Rifftrax app coming along?

I've been finding myself trying to come up with riffs for TFA (good movie, but there's plenty of stuff to make fun of).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

I've been finding myself trying to come up with riffs for TFA (good movie, but there's plenty of stuff to make fun of).

I couldn't get it to work at all (in regards to syncing) :(

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

SirPhoebos posted:

I got it to work fine, but it crackles like a motherfucker over Bluetooth. Tried two different speakers and three different phones with the same effect.

If you've got an AUX cable and a sound system to plug it into, it's fine but ehhhhhhhh

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Humble Weekly is Rifftrax:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I already own Super Mario Bros. thanks to a free $10 store credit code they sent me a couple months ago so you guys can have my bundle code, first come first serve: byAoePaB

Redeem it at http://www.rifftrax.com/humble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I have everything in that bundle :(

• Locked thread