Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

oddium posted:

bumpy updates because zack moved to california. hmmm but why move across the country. oh

https://twitter.com/enenkay/status/922616264127799296

Good on her! I don't much care for her comic, but that's exciting!

Are they married yet, or still "just" dating seriously enough to move across the country together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hijack basically confirmed to be in the principal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

hijack basically confirmed to be in the principal

Which everyone reading figured out instantly anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update is out.

I had to go back SIX HUNDRED DAYS AGO back to March 2016 to see when the kids entered the teacher’s lounge and yeah (in hindsight) it’s obviously the principal.

Kaliedoscope
Dec 8, 2013
Does anyone else find it a little odd how much discussion of this webcomic has slowed down. I mean, I understand that there’s not much that’s actually happening right now, but there used to be more people who were on the ball when it came to updates.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Kaliedoscope posted:

Does anyone else find it a little odd how much discussion of this webcomic has slowed down. I mean, I understand that there’s not much that’s actually happening right now, but there used to be more people who were on the ball when it came to updates.

Updates were remarkably sparse for a while. The chapter itself has gone on a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if readership, especially among goons, is down.

If we start getting consistent updates again, and we finally close out a storyline, people might start coming back.

(I also think a lot of the earlier charm is being lost, but not sure how globally applicable that personal opinion is - sporadic updates always hurt comics though, and right now it's being coupled with updates that take a long time to move a very short distance)

Kaliedoscope
Dec 8, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

Updates were remarkably sparse for a while. The chapter itself has gone on a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if readership, especially among goons, is down.

If we start getting consistent updates again, and we finally close out a storyline, people might start coming back.

(I also think a lot of the earlier charm is being lost, but not sure how globally applicable that personal opinion is - sporadic updates always hurt comics though, and right now it's being coupled with updates that take a long time to move a very short distance)

I’ll admit, a lot of the comic has gotten a lot duller in terms of art, tone, and story progression, but at the same time, one would think that there would some more hangovers than this.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I promised my wife I'd tell her when the chapter finished so she could get all caught up at once.

I think she's forgotten the comic exists.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm still reading because I'm getting one of the primary things I'm here for: Isabel being a great character. Sadly there hasn't been much to speculate on in a while, which is a shame, I like trying to figure out the direction a story is going. Most concrete thing I can think about in the nearish future is that Max is going to mention that Scrapdragon is a grudge and Spender is going to nerd out about fixing that problem.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'll admit I stopped reading this comic months ago. There are lots of great moments individually and the art and facial expressions are very amusing, but as a whole I just don't feel like the comic has really gone anywhere. I know it's webcomics time, but it's been years and Max has only been in Mayview for like two weeks, tops.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Kaliedoscope posted:

I’ll admit, a lot of the comic has gotten a lot duller in terms of art, tone, and story progression, but at the same time, one would think that there would some more hangovers than this.

Things combine, people would stick around through habit in spite of duller art, tone and progression, but it means they aren't going to come BACK when it resumes updating after another sudden break.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Finally stuff is kicking into gear!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I swear to God, if this is another feint...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
even if it is, the "extra long update" potentially coming on friday implies we'll be seeing hijack one way or another.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Hijack was actually the principal's brain all along!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Hijack was actually the principal's brain all along!

You know, her head does resemble hijack a little bit. :tinfoil:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
the real hijack was the friends we made along the

wait

i think i did that one already

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
New comic! I don't think the principal is Hijack any more.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was Tuesday's, there's none today and now I'm sad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/925961743360131073

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wonder which updates zack isn't excited for

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Countblanc posted:

i wonder which updates zack isn't excited for

The last one :smith:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Table of contents updates.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
SEVEN PAGE UPDATE

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-pages-229-235/

a bunch of reveals!!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is a reveal multiple years in the making, and I take back everything I said about the arc being meandering.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Frankly the most interesting thing about this reveal is Hijack's motivation. Also, Zach's right, I need to reread the chapter now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I don't think anybody called this, except in their fanfics.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The principal seems like a nice person, pop into spirit-time for a minute, make up a story about high spirits, and you should be fine.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Rereading the chapter is reminding me of how much I love everybody.

Also, BAM! Middle panel!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

The principal seems like a nice person, pop into spirit-time for a minute, make up a story about a hi-jack spirit, and you should be fine.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
that god drat fly at the restaurant

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

And on top of it all, it looks like Garcia and Spender are dating?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I called it.

(No I didn’t)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a reveal multiple years in the making, and I take back everything I said about the arc being meandering.

This is a great reveal but wow it really has been three years since this chapter started. He probably should split it at the end of the hitball mini arc. It's gotta be twice as long as any of the other chapters at this point.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was looking for the restaurant fly and ended up rereading Spender and Isabel's heart to heart and it's all there.

Also, now we know who Garcia's type is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't think anybody called this, except in their fanfics.

I jokingly did like 2 years ago, probably.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It honestly makes sense, because wow, if you assumed Spender was interested in dudes, Garcia is totally his type. A brooding, manly loner who is is possibly a werewolf and definitely has some kind of dark secret? Yes, please; I'll have a second helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If I remember right the thread toyed with the idea of Spender being Hijack around the time he has the heart to heart with Isabel because of loving course the one time he’s not an idiot with her wasn’t even him.

I don’t remember Isaac telling Max who Hijack is.