Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

mewse posted:

I think we can safely relegate Mayhem's continual legal problems to the b-league thread

It's the only fight available to him these days anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

I thought this was a UFC thread :saddowns:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basically the only thing I remember about Mayhem Miller is the time Nick Diaz kicked him in the head and got MMA removed from network tv forever. That was cool.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

Basically the only thing I remember about Mayhem Miller is the time Nick Diaz kicked him in the head and got MMA removed from network tv forever. That was cool.

Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Many thanks to DumbWhiteGuy

Bellator has terrible drug testing protocols (just kidding, they don't have any)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Mayhem one time told me to kill myself on Twitter, and that was before he went 100% insane woman beater

I am in continual amazement that dude is still alive, tbh

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

you just libelled james thompson

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also it doesn't seem to me like jill peters confirmed very much

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

also it doesn't seem to me like jill peters confirmed very much

this and behoove (just don't like the word) were the only things that stood out to me. Otherwise it's good stuff.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The Jill Peters thing is from the ABC Boxing website, which, yeah, I don't make that super clear. Cuz I'm dumb.

I take full responsibility for the word behoove.

99% of the good stuff is from DumbWhiteGuy, tho.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
So I guess Oplot was a front for a Ukranian militia or something.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/12/12159990/how-an-mma-promotion-harboured-a-pro-russian-militia-in-ukraine-maidan-politics-ufc

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
We've known that forever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I knew about that 2 weeks before Rovert did. I really hope the announcer dude up and left. He was my favorite.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
to me there's two glaring errors, one is that you conclude the article with the word "practices.ctices." and the other is a malicious lie about james thompson that he could sue you over. nothing major.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
willieD is making a friendship is over macro with lobstermobster right now

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

to me there's two glaring errors, one is that you conclude the article with the word "practices.ctices." and the other is a malicious lie about james thompson that he could sue you over. nothing major.

Maybe you're joking but I think he's been pretty open about his experimenting with steroids.

also go upvote this and lets cause a ruckus https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/4sjgm1/is_bellator_mmas_severe_lack_of_drug_testing/

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Maybe you're joking but I think he's been pretty open about his experimenting with steroids.

also go upvote this and lets cause a ruckus https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/4sjgm1/is_bellator_mmas_severe_lack_of_drug_testing/

i know he has, he said he tried them when he was young and they made him feel terrible so he stopped using them. that's really different from "he failed a drug test for steroids"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ripkid posted:

Not too worried bout it

ionathonfallow posted:

Kimbo died because of this poo poo so maybe you should care

confuzzledyo posted:

Kimbo died because of his doing. He knew the risks

:wtchris:

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i know he has, he said he tried them when he was young and they made him feel terrible so he stopped using them. that's really different from "he failed a drug test for steroids"

Yeah I think I called him a steroid liability when I wrote it up and I think that's probably more accurate.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw i think the more people that put some pressure on texas the better, i hope you've got in touch with them

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I've updated that snippet about JT

Again, blame me. I probably smushed the part about him dabbling in roids as a young Large Boy with Kimbo's failure into one catch-all "they both done failed, ay-huck"

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

India Pakistan war? Eek.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

I would argue they are more pro Soviet then pro Russia, but yeah. That's almost word for word the posts lmntbledustman and yuriy made here for years.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

vainman posted:

I would argue they are more pro Soviet then pro Russia, but yeah. That's almost word for word the posts lmntbledustman and yuriy made here for years.

well, the dustman was a contributor/assistant

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

LobsterMobster posted:

I've updated that snippet about JT

Again, blame me. I probably smushed the part about him dabbling in roids as a young Large Boy with Kimbo's failure into one catch-all "they both done failed, ay-huck"

I forgive you

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I might be misremembering but I think Oplot only started announcing in English after Yuriy emailed Kardo and pointed out most of their traffic was from this site

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

does palhares (far left, though obvious) pass the eye test???

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't he get popped for PEDs in the past?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

haha goddamn

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
when he was young he couldn't afford to eat and resorted to eating the clenbuterol meant for the cows, how dare you ridicule him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

Didn't he get popped for PEDs in the past?

Yeah he failed a test badly back when the testing was way less stringent , and will never fight in a respectable promotion again hopefully

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
He would be an X-LEG champ though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

manyak posted:

Yeah he failed a test badly back when the testing was way less stringent , and will never fight in a respectable promotion again hopefully

Given his "I'll try to cripple my opponent while pretending I didn't notice the ref trying to pull me off the leg lock" technique, I'm not surprised.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Who is the black guy who looks like he's made of painted steel

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Sponsored by GAT Nutrition.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

that giant staedtler eraser has Rousimar Palhares' head attached to it.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Eat Bum Zen posted:

It looks like krazy horse so ive decided it's him

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yesss

https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/753949589896441857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
Here's the press release: http://wmmaa.org/news/press-release-emilianenko-vs-maldonado-fightnights-50-st.petersburg-july-2016-is-a-draw-984/

The win was overturned by the World MMA Association (WMMAA), of which Fedor is apparently honorary president.