Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Some dude who maybe existed has a bunch of his aspects and they have people who embody them and get cool gem related powers or lame spear related powers. Probably. :v:

now explain how taric turned white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Neurolimal posted:

He has a rare medical condition called vitiligo, duh.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So what exactly is an adc supposed to do against Zed now, other than get poo poo on? He can 1v1 my adc through Janna shield and then disappear a screen away and there's nothing he or I can do about it because QSS got gutted.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Stay grouped, buy a GA/Sterak's, flash away from the shurikens

As a support you should just exhaust the dude

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
well my 8 game winning streak comes to an end on a rengar ult

seems fitting since that streak came from switching up and playing adc more

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mystery Prize posted:

So what exactly is an adc supposed to do against Zed now, other than get poo poo on? He can 1v1 my adc through Janna shield and then disappear a screen away and there's nothing he or I can do about it because QSS got gutted.

Buy Zhonyas.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Etrips posted:

Christ, Malzahar and Zayra are both insufferable midlane. Who the hell thought this was a good idea.

I thought you said Zarya mid for a moment.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
How the heck are people getting adc so frequently? I've been queuing bot/mid with mid secondary and it's all I get and I hate the role for the most part

stump collector
May 28, 2007
when i queue mid bot i'm almost always adc so i don't know

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mid is the most common role so you're almost always gonna get bot unless you pick mid/jungle or mid/top. Most ADCs are really weak right now in general because Riot nerfed them all and instead of just buffing their counters so there's more counter-play. So right now if you're an ADC main that isn't a godlike Ezreal or Lucian or Kalista you're probably just getting blown up immediately because of how strong mages are rn.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Luna Was Here posted:

How the heck are people getting adc so frequently? I've been queuing bot/mid with mid secondary and it's all I get and I hate the role for the most part

maybe queue as two roles you enjoy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the two bot lane roles are the easiest roles to queue for in the entire game. It's very rare I don't get ADC if i queue for it

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Mid is the most common role so you're almost always gonna get bot unless you pick mid/jungle or mid/top. Most ADCs are really weak right now in general because Riot nerfed them all and instead of just buffing their counters so there's more counter-play. So right now if you're an ADC main that isn't a godlike Ezreal or Lucian or Kalista you're probably just getting blown up immediately because of how strong mages are rn.

i'm responding to a guy talking about getting mid when he wants to play adc

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

exethan posted:

i'm responding to a guy talking about getting mid when he wants to play adc
oh, yeah. I always pick support/mid and every now and then I get mid for some reason. One time I got it three times in a row and I don't loving know why

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

ImpAtom posted:

I thought you said Zarya mid for a moment.

To be fair, I first typed that instinctively. Had to pause for a second and correct myself.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

I want to live in the magic elo where there's good supports and bad ADCs

rabidsquid posted:

If you have bad teammates I have some bad news for you :kiddo:

Compared to my own skill, when I've played support in ranked there have been some loving horrid ADCs that must never play it, some that were on par with me, and 0 that I would say were better because they all hosed up majorly in some way or another (including me, my fall down is early farm). Occasionally you'd see an adc main on Vayne or something but they are an ADC main in Silver/Gold elo, 100% they go for 1vX outplays and die. I'd consider myself on par with them because #1 I don't do that #2 They are getting matched with me #3 if they were as good as they think they wouldn't be here.

I kinda pride myself on my ability to not die as an adc but I know I play too safe, which is why I like Jhin. I got a 3v5 penta on him by standing way back behind my 2 team mates and ulting, then cleaning up with 4th shot crits and q bounces.

I suck at top and mid so I never play those, and I'll never have too because it's top and mid that I won't play. But people who get put into their off roles are going to be very bad at them compared to the skill level of their elo, so yes, bad team mates exist without the smug poo poo.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 13, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
graves q hurts http://plays.tv/video/573554109404641f7d/heal

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ignite Memories posted:

Thanks guys, I'll try and figure something else out. Maybe I can get away with vel'koz.

just play mecha sion support it's good trust me but only with that skin

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

But that's the skin I bought for him, and he doesn't like support very much.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Just do what I do and play ER Ashe. poo poo Volleys, Hawkshots, and global stun ults everywhere. Doesn't really matter if you're behind since that's all extremely useful stuff to do anyway and helps make comebacks happen.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ignore people trying to talk you out of Mecha Lane, go AP Malphite, delete the enemy laners with a dubba charge at 6

Support-carry lane is for group queuers, kill lane chill lane

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you actually really hate everyone buy healbot Soraka.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

if they were as good as they think they wouldn't be here

Whenever someone talks smack in a game to me, this is my reply.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

exethan posted:

when i queue mid bot i'm almost always adc so i don't know

I get whatever role I put second far more often they I get the one I put first regardless of what two roles I pick.

To the point I got mid going support/mid one time. I think it might be deliberately weighted backwards.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
reaper soraka is by far the best soraka skin but i dunno if it's available through the store anymore. if it is buy that instead of whatever other crap skins are available

edit: it's apparently not available anymore. guess everybody else is poo poo out of luck

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Warmachine posted:

Whenever someone talks smack in a game to me, this is my reply.

It's also something you need to tell yourself when you get mad about your "lovely" teammates.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I personally prefer order of the banana soraka because you get a bitchin' fruit hat and a nice dress

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Reaper particle effects are really hard to see. Love it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
If you wait like five months you can buy reaper soraka

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

Targon is one of those boring fucks who always makes his characters in RPGs a pasty white dude who looks exactly like him but handsomer and in better shape and whines about how it ruins his immersion if the main character of a game isn't a straight white male. So when Taric became an aspect Targon retconed him into a straight white guy.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

this is actually about the opposite of what happened. zed got buffed but hes banned every game and with mages being in every game and mr itemization nerfs it was a net buff for sustained ad damage. tanks cant build two damage/armor items straight up every game without at least the potential to be punished.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I get whatever role I put second far more often they I get the one I put first regardless of what two roles I pick.

To the point I got mid going support/mid one time. I think it might be deliberately weighted backwards.

I think riot mentioned at some point that they reweighted it so people could get their second choice a bit more often. Over the past couple weeks I've gotten mid/top multiple times while queuing as support/fill so I don't even know (but I was incredibly lucky and someone dodged most of the time that I got shoved into top lane)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when i queue top/mid i would say i get it something like 70/30 top/mid over 10 games. usually 7 top games followed by 3 mid games which makes me thing they did something interesting to enforce some kind of ratio but it could also be a huge coincidence.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I've been queuing mid/jungle in ranked for awhile and my current % is roughly 68/32, which seems fine to me.

e: I haven't played ranked in 6.9 though, so it may have changed.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If anyone gets sent toplane and they don't want to play it just lock in Maokai or Malphite and farm while waiting for teamfights or tp gank opportunities to happen. They are never bad picks and the only annoying matchups are into ranged bullies. Bonus is if you face a Riven main you can easily just poo poo on them by existing, which is pretty good by itself.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I've noticed is the selection seems to be fixed once it's made. If you get your secondary role but someone dodges, you'll get your secondary role again. This seems to be true as long as you stay in queue, no matter how many times there's a dodge, and even for contested roles like mid.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I just noticed the Champion.gg statistics got updated for this patch

http://champion.gg/

:wtc:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

usually theres some funny/surprising things in the highest/lowest winrates but the stats for this patch were exactly as expected

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Radical posted:

usually theres some funny/surprising things in the highest/lowest winrates but the stats for this patch were exactly as expected

is 36% wr the newest low? have we gotten lower than that before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, my vayne winrate :grin:

• Locked thread