Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lol, even Disney admits that only season 1-9 are worth watching. Disney+ is live and those are the only seasons available.

Hulu had a marathon going of all the Halloween episodes the last few weeks, but they would play them out of order each night (so it was like season 3, 5, 10, 15, etc. one night). I thought that was weird until I realized that the later nights would only have Seasons 20+ playing for the last few nights otherwise and no one wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just broke in my Disney+ subscription by watching Mr Plow.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does Disney+ display them in the proper aspect ratio? I’m hearing mixed things and that’s poo poo if they’re cropped.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does Disney+ display them in the proper aspect ratio? I’m hearing mixed things and that’s poo poo if they’re cropped.

They're loving cropped. I was so excited I didn't even notice. Gross.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

loving liars said it would be full screen.:lol:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's widescreen garbage for me and there's no option to go to 4:3.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SeANMcBAY posted:

loving liars said it would be full screen.:lol:

It takes up your FULL SCREEN, what’s the problem? :smug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh weird. When I checked this morning, o ly seasons 1-9 were available to me, but now the rest are available. I'll have to find out the exact point the show becomes intolerable to me.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

How is this this such a difficult thing to get right?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1194298167824650240

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

spaceblancmange posted:

How is this this such a difficult thing to get right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Today we are all lettershlock@aol.com

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm guessing something's hosed with the masters or some terrible programming/tech forcing the content to be 16:9 across all the apps or something dumb. are there actually any old 4:3 uncropped shows/movies on disney+

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Last Chance posted:

I'm guessing something's hosed with the masters or some terrible programming/tech forcing the content to be 16:9 across all the apps or something dumb. are there actually any old 4:3 uncropped shows/movies on disney+

There’s plenty of uncropped 4:3 content on there, that’s what makes it so odd.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Last Chance posted:

The 4:3 episodes are (were?) also available on simpsonsworld.com

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Last Chance posted:

Didn't fxx run it in 16:9? They probably just moved those transfers to d+

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Iron Crowned posted:

Didn't fxx run it in 16:9? They probably just moved those transfers to d+

I was under the impression that FX added the uncropped versions later after enough folks demanded it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ritznit posted:

I was under the impression that FX added the uncropped versions later after enough folks demanded it.

I still DVR episodes from FX and they are still broadcasting cropped

Of course they're also broadcasting different cuts than I am used to, so I'm seeing little clips / scenes I've never seen before, which is nice

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No one would notice or care if new simp were cropped badly.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

No one would notice or care if new simp were cropped badly.

But the joke is in the lower corner!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s plenty of uncropped 4:3 content on there, that’s what makes it so odd.

Yeah that's weird, especially since other places were also apparently using the correct ratio'd versions. I've long been using some .. old taped copies of s1-9. And haven't needed to stream anything in a while.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

CodfishCartographer posted:

But the joke is in the lower corner!

:dudsmile:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
it's 100% because of loving idiots who would complain about it being 4:3 and not properly widescreen on whatever the hell device they're watching it on.

Never underestimate the pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

it's 100% because of loving idiots who would complain about it being 4:3 and not properly widescreen on whatever the hell device they're watching it on.

Sounds like my dad who can't stand having black bars on anything so he sets the picture to full zoom.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wirth1000 posted:

it's absolutely this, yes

too bad there's no option to stream 4:3 versions as an alternative but it's not like disney has limitless resources to throw at such things

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or that that wasn't exactly how FXX did it. Gave you an option, baked right into the UI

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Code Jockey posted:

it's absolutely this, yes

too bad there's no option to stream 4:3 versions as an alternative but it's not like disney has limitless resources to throw at such things

in a moment of desperation, I checked to make sure there wasn't

alas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Plan Z posted:

Sounds like my dad who can't stand having black bars on anything so he sets the picture to full zoom.

I really do appreciate that my dad introduced me to letterbox in the late 90's, because I can't stand things not being in the right ratios these days.

Hell I get Antenna TV from two stations, and it drives me nuts when I come home to my roommate watching the one that stretches Three's Company to 16:9

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Iron Crowned posted:

Hell I get Antenna TV from two stations, and it drives me nuts when I come home to my roommate watching the one that stretches Three's Company to 16:9

c o m e a n d k n o c k o n o u r d o o r

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
South Park did a unique thing where they were able to convert all their old 4:3 episodes to 16:9 HD because they still had the files for them and re-rendered them, except for the first episode. But for the vast majority of scenes, they simply expanded the background. The characters are still almost always framed to 4:3, resulting in lots of blank space on the sides especially in the older episodes which had no detail to the backgrounds. It's not that big of a deal, but noticeable if you know to look for it. It does make the oldest episodes not seem ancient by being rendered in 1080p.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

South Park did a unique thing where they were able to convert all their old 4:3 episodes to 16:9 HD because they still had the files for them and re-rendered them, except for the first episode. But for the vast majority of scenes, they simply expanded the background. The characters are still almost always framed to 4:3, resulting in lots of blank space on the sides especially in the older episodes which had no detail to the backgrounds. It's not that big of a deal, but noticeable if you know to look for it. It does make the oldest episodes not seem ancient by being rendered in 1080p.

I didn’t know they did that. That’s pretty rad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyZQl0NmQls

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82j_Qfp_VA

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

On this week’s special Thanksgiving edition of "Treehouse of Horror," the Simpsons are forced to face various Thanksgiving nightmares, including the first Thanksgiving, an A.I. mishap and a dangerous space mission complicated by a sentient cranberry sauce

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

emgeejay posted:

On this week’s special Thanksgiving edition of "Treehouse of Horror," the Simpsons are forced to face various Thanksgiving nightmares, including the first Thanksgiving, an A.I. mishap and a dangerous space mission complicated by a sentient cranberry sauce

This one has to be a joke right? This is the one time that an episode description is actually fake?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

CodfishCartographer posted:

This one has to be a joke right? This is the one time that an episode description is actually fake?

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Homer Votes: Trump is winning 102% lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

emgeejay posted:

That sounds so terrible that I’m almost tempted to watch.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

i wish this could somehow be in the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Why didn;t they just do a regular Halloween one last month?