Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kalko posted:

Oh, hey, Kibler did a video about the meta:

Speaking of Kibler, today he introduced his two new doggos to the stream. He and Olivia adopted them this weekend.

He's on right now if you want to catch a glimpse on the doggie cam yourself.

Edit: Worthy snipe :colbert:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

mcbexx posted:

Speaking of Kibler, today he introduced his two new doggos to the stream. He and Olivia adopted them this weekend.

He's on right now if you want to catch a glimpse on the doggie cam yourself.

Edit: Worthy snipe :colbert:

They are S tier doggos

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
when my opponent has an infused rafaam on turn 6 without drawing any extra cards i suspect they're cheating

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Actually played my first enjoyable game against a curse warlock. Played Theotar and stole their Theotar and gave them a curse, then Played the other Theotar, stole their second Ashvein and gave then another curse.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
> when I see my opponent is a warrior, demon hunter, or paladin

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Official Patch Notes 24.0.3 are up

:eyepop:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

goferchan posted:

> when I see my opponent is a warrior, demon hunter, or paladin

Me sowing: Haha gently caress yea!!! Yes!!

Me reaping: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2 mana Bash seems extra spicy not gonna lie

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Great, even more bomb warriors in Duels now.

I played a few last rounds of Deathrattle rogue this morning, RIP. I had a few terrible draw games that tanked my winrate down to 79% :cry:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Buffing Edwin still seems like a really strange choice.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Warhorse is good now? gently caress yes.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Buffing Edwin still seems like a really strange choice.

Some of the nerfs/buffs seem odd. Like Alignment going to just the player who casts it is neat, but it probably should have been reverted to 7 mana.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

PneumonicBook posted:

Some of the nerfs/buffs seem odd. Like Alignment going to just the player who casts it is neat, but it probably should have been reverted to 7 mana.

Gonna be interesting to see how that plays out. Does the card still get played if it can't affect the opponents ability to play cards? Will be looking forward to seeing the change if any in Druid play.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I won’t shed a single tear if Alignment is never cast again, to be honest.

Giving Rogue hyper draw can’t possibly miss, though.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mayveena posted:

Gonna be interesting to see how that plays out. Does the card still get played if it can't affect the opponents ability to play cards? Will be looking forward to seeing the change if any in Druid play.

Yea I'm not sure. I play Druid a lot and you're already losing tempo by casting it, sometimes one or two turns worth depending on what's in your hand. Generally that's fine though because you can make it up quickly and snowball, but part of that is because you're limiting what your opponent can do. Feel like in Standard with Guff hanging out it's not really worth but I'll still use it in Druid Mecha'thun decks though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They could make stand against darkness 3 mana and I would still question standard dude paladin, still seems poo poo. Real good buffs for Demon Hunter, Abyssal Depths -> Vanndar is huge as are the aggro DH buffs.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
drat, wild seed changes alone gave me nearly 4k in dust. feels good.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

golden ara'lon paid off :allears:

full nathria collection now. Prime gaming should also give new loot tomorrow.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
40 card Ouch warrior:

### OUCH!
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Slam
# 2x (1) Warsong Envoy
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Man the Cannons
# 2x (2) Obsidiansmith
# 2x (2) Riot!
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Whelp Bonker
# 2x (4) Burden of Pride
# 2x (5) Razormane Raider
# 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Remornia, Living Blade
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAc6+BQSLoASB3ASI3wSX7wQS7ekDje0DmO0D1fEDlfYDm4EEhqAEjKAEjaAEvKwEkLcEnNQEvNsE/9sEvuIEjuMEtuMEiYMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

12 cards devoted to card draw, has to work!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i don't know if that's a deck that wants renathal but it's cool to hear you're (presumably) having success with it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

2 mana Bash seems extra spicy not gonna lie

Lol I know the context of the game has changed a lot but I would have lost my mind if I saw that and the Slam buff a few years ago

peer
Jan 17, 2004

my enrage warrior ran into the one mage in the world who runs shattering blast to go with varden :shepicide:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Trip report, frenzy warrior is okay but Im eating up relic Demon Hunters.

Also board wide repeatable freezes are still bad!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

According to Reddit, the wildseed cards that were adjacent to stag spirit wildseed can also be dusted for a full refund.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 16, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

peer posted:

my enrage warrior ran into the one mage in the world who runs shattering blast to go with varden :shepicide:

I've seen shattering blast twice so far. Figured some streamer came up with the deck.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Mayveena posted:

According to Reddit, the wildseed cards that were adjacent to stag spirit wildseed can also be dusted for a full refund.

Yep! Remember that you can type "refund" into the search box in collection to see all cards you can DE for full dust.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1559605462408040449?s=20&t=HD_NVv_RIqwMhU94z7waVw

Welp. I'm sure this won't be a disaster at all like the DH launch

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quotey posted:

Yep! Remember that you can type "refund" into the search box in collection to see all cards you can DE for full dust.

Make sure you switch from standard to wild to get the apothecary too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah "last expansion of the year is about Silvermoon City and adds the Death Knight class" has been floating around for quite a while

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

How does dupe protection for guaranteed golden legendaries work? Are you guaranteed to open one you haven't seen, or could you get a golden version of a card you already have the normal one of? Because the Hunter wildseed legendary is like one of only a few in the set I'm missing; I'm trying to run the odds on getting one from that overpriced golden card bundle for the full dust refund

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Quotey posted:

I tried typing "Recently changed" "Recently modified" "nerfed" etc and now i feel silly. Thanks for this.

Death Knight sounds cool. I'm guessing the hero power will be Death Coil since it's iconic to the class. It can deal damage or heal undead in the other games, and it sure seems like undead as a tribe type is overdue. Earlier today I was looking at the warrior / enrage minions, wondering why undead wasn't already a thing.

That led me to a really dumb idea. Since anyone can be raised as a death knight, maybe you can create a dual-class archetype from existing heroes and cards. IE - I can turn warrior into a death knight, and pop into a match with whatever new death knight hero skin and power they invent. I'd have limited access to warrior cards. Likely just warrior undead minions, but the new DK cards would define the playstyle and archetype. Sounds interesting thematically, and possibly easier on player's wallets since you can pull from your existing collection. I know that sounds like more of a reason NOT to do it, but since adding demon hunter they've made strides to make the game more accessible for new players.

Anyways, that probably works better as a duels concept. But maybe they'll do something neat like reintroduce those Frozen Throne hero cards into standard. Make them available as part of the DK core set, even print a new variant for Demon Hunter.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Look they started with Demon Hunters which means they NEED to go backwards from the WoW classes. The next class should be Monk!

(There will never be a Monk class)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

paid money to post posted:

That led me to a really dumb idea. Since anyone can be raised as a death knight, maybe you can create a dual-class archetype from existing heroes and cards. IE - I can turn warrior into a death knight, and pop into a match with whatever new death knight hero skin and power they invent. I'd have limited access to warrior cards. Likely just warrior undead minions, but the new DK cards would define the playstyle and archetype. Sounds interesting thematically, and possibly easier on player's wallets since you can pull from your existing collection. I know that sounds like more of a reason NOT to do it, but since adding demon hunter they've made strides to make the game more accessible for new players.

I think dual-class cards in Scholomance were a hit, and with DK's identity I could see them at least doing something similar to that. Maybe every class gets some "corrupted" (poo poo, we already used that keyword!) cards and they function as dual-class DK cards, but as a DK you're restricted by only being able to include corrupted cards from one other class in your deck. Idk, it sounds like a fun expansion gimmick, but I'm not sure if it's something they'd want to keep doing in perpetuity

edit: this is kind of similar to what Runeterra is doing with "neutral" heroes, where by including them in your deck changes deckbuilding requirements from needing cards from specific regions to caring about other stuff. Like "you can only put minions with battlecries in your deck" or something. It's worked out okay there I guess -- you end up with some very linear "connect the dots" deckbuilding where archetypes feel very railroaded, but that might be a flaw of the card design they've done and not inherent to the mechanic

goferchan fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 17, 2022

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Look they started with Demon Hunters which means they NEED to go backwards from the WoW classes. The next class should be Monk!

(There will never be a Monk class)

I dunno, Chen Stormstout is pretty conspicuously absent as a Legendary considering how he's a fairly high-profile WoW character. Death Coil sounds about right for the DK hero power. Deal two damage to an enemy minion or heal a friendly Undead minion for two?

DK will, of course, be ludicrously overtuned upon release the same way DH was, because Blizzard's design methodology across all of their games is to err on the side of too much rather than too little power so that people actually play the new character, and because it's generally easier/better to nerf than it is to buff. And I'm not saying I disagree with that approach, just that it's going to make the game suck all over again for weeks after release.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

goferchan posted:

I think dual-class cards in Scholomance were a hit, and with DK's identity I could see them at least doing something similar to that. Maybe every class gets some "corrupted" (poo poo, we already used that keyword!) cards and they function as dual-class DK cards, but as a DK you're restricted by only being able to include corrupted cards from one other class in your deck. Idk, it sounds like a fun expansion gimmick, but I'm not sure if it's something they'd want to keep doing in perpetuity

Ooh, that sounds more reasonable. And I would say "unholy" should be the gimmick word, but that most certainly will be a spell school.

goferchan posted:

edit: this is kind of similar to what Runeterra is doing with "neutral" heroes, where by including them in your deck changes deckbuilding requirements from needing cards from specific regions to caring about other stuff. Like "you can only put minions with battlecries in your deck" or something. It's worked out okay there I guess -- you end up with some very linear "connect the dots" deckbuilding where archetypes feel very railroaded, but that might be a flaw of the card design they've done and not inherent to the mechanic

That's interesting. I really need to give this game another try.

Edit: The real question is. Who will be the default DK hero? Arthas sounds too predictable, give me Thassarian.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 17, 2022

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1559605462408040449?s=20&t=HD_NVv_RIqwMhU94z7waVw

Welp. I'm sure this won't be a disaster at all like the DH launch

Skip over Monk for DH then double back for DK, lol. Punchman just isn't edgy enough, I guess

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

paid money to post posted:

Ooh, that sounds more reasonable. And I would say "unholy" should be the gimmick word, but that most certainly will be a spell school.

Honestly, I don't think they'd add a new one. They didn't add spell schools so long ago that they wouldn't have had plans for Death Knight when they decided on them, and most Death Knight abilities could safely be stuck in either Shadow or Frost.

Also, Illidan seemed like the too-predictable option for Demon Hunter too, so we'll see what happens.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baller Ina posted:

Skip over Monk for DH then double back for DK, lol. Punchman just isn't edgy enough, I guess

look I love monk too but DH and DK are way more popular, you gotta admit

I'd imagine monk's next up

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Blockhouse posted:

look I love monk too but DH and DK are way more popular, you gotta admit

I'd imagine monk's next up

I'd legitimately be surprised if a Monk class ever happens. It's the least played class in WoW and afaik has always been since its inception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PneumonicBook posted:

I'd legitimately be surprised if a Monk class ever happens. It's the least played class in WoW and afaik has always been since its inception.

Why would that stop Monk from happening? They're gonna keep pumping out classes because it's a good tentpole feature that pulls players in. It's not like they're going to do DK and go "nah we're good"