Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

xcheopis posted:

Pssh, he's been dusting ever since his floof grew in, lo these many years gone.

Before arrival of floof:

After arrival of floof:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Why are there not more pet pictures being posted?!?!?

Goons Are Gifts

I want to, but I haven't left the bed today and also I always have to spoiler my pets because they are not as fluffy and typically cute as others and then I'm afraid I could scare someone and then I don't post :smith:
I am considering expanding my pet empire though, so this might change! not really much though because it will probably be another not too fluffy pet. Because I am crazy.

Ass-penny

What are you thinking of getting, GaG?

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

I want to, but I haven't left the bed today and also I always have to spoiler my pets because they are not as fluffy and typically cute as others and then I'm afraid I could scare someone and then I don't post :smith:
I am considering expanding my pet empire though, so this might change! not really much though because it will probably be another not too fluffy pet. Because I am crazy.

Aw, your ants and scorpion are beautiful, GaG!

Goons Are Gifts

rear end-penny posted:

What are you thinking of getting, GaG?

I really don't know, I wanted to ask in PI to get some input, as I am super undecided. Due to weird circumstances that are my typical life, I got my dirty, shameful hands on another terrarium, a quite tall one and originally I wanted to use it to get something I probably could hardly ever post here, a spider. I never really decided which one, but I found a dude that breeds very special types you usually cannot find in stores but only specialized trade fairs and the like. That got my interest and so the past few days I mostly spent with reading myself through a ton of literature about spiders, from the cute jumping ones you know internet memes about over dangerous venomous ones to hairy monstrosities.
I now, however, also realized that this specific enclosure might be perfect for snakes, frogs and climbing lizards, as it's literally made for that. Lizards don't really catch my interest, but snakes do. So now I have to enter a domain I don't know too much about yet and I just started reading about it and just today I went through like six books on the biology of snakes.

Downside of my tendency to read every word ever written about an animal before getting said animal is that it does not improve or help me in my process of deciding what I actually want. :v:

xcheopis posted:

They are, but I can understand if someone doesn't enjoy them as much as I do! The ants got a new outworld lately and I am eagerly awaiting their first scouts to enter this dangerous new world and get his opinion on how it looks. I spent like three days working on making it nice, because I get really really invested in stuff.

Prof. Crocodile

i don't have any pets at the moment, but here is a kitten pile i found on the internet:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Goons Are Great posted:

I now, however, also realized that this specific enclosure might be perfect for snakes, frogs and climbing lizards, as it's literally made for that. Lizards don't really catch my interest, but snakes do. So now I have to enter a domain I don't know too much about yet and I just started reading about it and just today I went through like six books on the biology of snakes.

Downside of my tendency to read every word ever written about an animal before getting said animal is that it does not improve or help me in my process of deciding what I actually want. :v:

Frogs are very neat and, ya know, :wedass:

I have almost stepped on too many rattlesnakes in the woods to want snakes in my house.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Morning goons, I'm easy like Sunday morning over here

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

Snakes are nice! I especially like pretty rainbow snakes. :3:

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i don't have any pets at the moment, but here is a kitten pile i found on the internet:

Argh! All right, no more sugar for the rest of the month. Too much sweetness all in one go.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I love kitten

Manifisto

barnold posted:

I love kitten

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Kitten...... is good

Chewbecca

Unpopular opinion here: kittens rule okay!!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

:stonk:

Chewbecca

I will NOT be taking any further questions!

take the moon

by sebmojo

Chewbecca posted:

kitten alt spotted

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

take the moon posted:

kitten alt spotted

ty manifisto

Chewbecca

What adventures are you having today goons? I went for a bushwalk, and now I'm going to buy an icecream :yum:

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

What adventures are you having today goons? I went for a bushwalk, and now I'm going to buy an icecream :yum:

I plan to spend Sunday doing not much.

Chewbecca

Update: my icecream was a Peters maxibon dare double espresso and it was very good, would eat again :five:

Macnult

Chewbecca posted:

tomorrow morning i’m going mountain biking, then later in the day my old lady and i are gonna swing by a surf shop to see what used boards they have. my younger brother is trying to get into it and i told him i’d teach him how.
there was one guy i spoke with on craigslist about a board but he seems kinda sketchy and i’m not trying to drive an hour out just to be like “ah, yeah, this things hosed” and then drive back home empty-handed

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Also GaG I hope you get a snake! I've known a few very cool snakes in my day. I like your ants and scorpion, but I dunno I think I find snakes more accessible maybe? You have cool animal interests and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Later today (about 15 hours from now) I work, I think I am playing D&D with some coworkers after the fact.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Jinh

I brought home a rat snake as a dumb teen in high school and was not allowed to keep it, and I was pretty close to getting scorpions and I'm also considering jumping spiders now after watching a video about them on the Snake Discovery YouTube channel.

I probably won't get any of them though so please let me live vicariously through you GaG.

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

also snek is good; i love snek

look at it this way, spoilered pets are just extra rad crimepets!!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

Still reading through all of the things. Did you know snakes have two sets of noses, one being their nose and one being their tongue? With the nose they can smell like we can by detecting volatile molecules in gas mixtures like the air, with the tongue they can do the same thing for non-volatile substances, so they can literally sense what the ground smells like. The tongue has two tips instead of one because they can gather various information from both tips and in their specialized smell analyzing organ in conjunction with the brain they can get detailed information about what causes that smell.
Also many can see the entire infrared spectrum of light.

Goons Are Gifts

Whenever I take deep journeys into biological details about other species I find tons of magic and special things that make them so interesting and fun. From parasitic ants over arrow shooting snails to vibration sensing scorpions, multiple brain creatures like spiders to venomous infrared smell hunters like snakes.

Nature is magic!

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tell me more about these parasitic ants.

Goons Are Gifts

As if could ever not advertise for my two ant threads: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931203&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post506338475
And
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886441&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post494310981
The first one is my post about parasites in my A/T ant tread, the second one is ant crew here in byob! We even recruited some ant keepers by now, because I really really like ants

Goons Are Gifts

Also very important: There is a new game out for switch and soon to come for PC on steam as well and I even think ps4 soon or already? I dunno, but it's the bee simulator!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/914750/Bee_Simulator/

I got it for the switch and right now we are live in an audience with her majesty, the queen, to get my very first job:

Chewbecca

Hi goons, one piece of advice for you, if in doubt: POST

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Good morning. :sun:
I really wish I could send some of the rain we got yesterday to the folks out west.
We're under a flash flood watch today. :yaybutt:
It's time to do something about rainfall inequality.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Barking Gecko posted:

Good morning. :sun:
I really wish I could send some of the rain we got yesterday to the folks out west.
We're under a flash flood watch today. :yaybutt:
It's time to do something about rainfall inequality.
As a resident of one of the wettest cities in the country, i agree!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Macnult

found this fella on my bike ride this morning :)

Prof. Crocodile

Macnult posted:

found this fella on my bike ride this morning :)

oh nice!

I wonder if he is related to the turtle I found in the road recently?

it’s sad to think about how turtles living in different parts of the country often can’t get together for family functions or sporting events.

Escape From Noise

Just found out Forums Superstar nut has a PhD!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Nut

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

take the moon

by sebmojo
more like pretty heckin dang good at posting

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Missing the wife and was worried about the kids. But we're doing just swell today. Playing Mario Kart and watching the Spongebob movie. We made wacky little plate spiders earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Zurtilik posted:

Missing the wife and was worried about the kids. But we're doing just swell today. Playing Mario Kart and watching the Spongebob movie. We made wacky little plate spiders earlier.

this sounds great. post plate spiders?