Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mueller is a waste of time because everyone knows Trump is corrupt, not enough people care, and the vote requirement to impeach is so high that will never ever happen because the GOP will support him as long as he keeps their pockets full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if you really think election meddling is a dire injustice i think you should also take a page from the book of chomsky and be more concerned with the immoral actions of your own nation over those of others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDE9VqvB6EA

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean what can you do when the entire GOP is criminal scum and the dems don't have the balls to shut everything down

The dems are in on the grift, why would they want to do anything about it?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
All you need to know about Schumer is that when Hillary was looking for a Senate seat to carpetbag to she picked his electorate.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Jamie_Maz/status/1005113320603574272?s=19

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i could win schumer's senate seat if it was empty, you let wallstreet do whatever and defend israel murdering palestinians

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Percelus posted:

if you really think election meddling is a dire injustice i think you should also take a page from the book of chomsky and be more concerned with the immoral actions of your own nation over those of others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDE9VqvB6EA

being aware that Trump is never going to be held accountable for any of his crimes, Russia-related or otherwise, because impeachment is a political act is concern over what America does and is doing

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I will take whatever I can get to nail this son of a bitch against the wall

the #resistance isnt going to do a goddamned thing about Trump, and neither is the Mueller investigation

the entire point of it all is just to build a narrative so they can wave it at him in 2020. but the thing about that is that the Dems knew about the Russian collusion in 2016 and still managed to completely blow it because they were scared of McConnell. so why should we expect them to handle it any better in 2020?

besides, back before all the signs of actual Trump campaign involvement with Russians came out, the national hysteria on Russia was kind of offputting for me because there actually isn't a problem with Trump deciding to change US policy on Russia. it's his right as president. until the investigators started finding indications of possible collusion, it seemed more like the foreign policy establishment lashing out against a potential status quo change, just as they did against Obama when he pushed for better relations with Iran and Cuba

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

gradenko_2000 posted:

being aware that Trump is never going to be held accountable for any of his crimes, Russia-related or otherwise, because impeachment is a political act is concern over what America does and is doing

idk most of trumps crimes are sleazy run of the mill self-enrichment schemes that while lovely don't nearly disgust me to the degree of his policies which are resulting in broken lives and dead bodies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Percelus posted:

idk most of trumps crimes are sleazy run of the mill self-enrichment schemes that while lovely don't nearly disgust me to the degree of his policies which are resulting in broken lives and dead bodies

come on, don't move the goalposts. Trump being a sleazy real-estate fucker still makes those crimes just as domestic as ICE raids. If you want to argue that the latter is more morally reprehensible, sure, but that's not the Chomskyan standard you were bringing up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

This thread can't even focus on CHIP defunding without yapping about Russia.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

let's say you get a non-corrupt gop bloodsucker to replace trump who carries out all the same reactionary policies

great, you made a huge fuss about the thing that sucked but didn't actively drive society towards the cliff

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we were the succ all along

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we have become the baddems :negative:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

gradenko_2000 posted:

come on, don't move the goalposts. Trump being a sleazy real-estate fucker still makes those crimes just as domestic as ICE raids. If you want to argue that the latter is more morally reprehensible, sure, but that's not the Chomskyan standard you were bringing up

no the difference is that trump being a sleazy real-estate fucker is primarily a concern for mueller and his team because normal people can't carry out a criminal investigation meanwhile the other poo poo is politics the thing normal people can get involved in

however cia meddling in other nations poo poo is policy

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Trump's going to eat Dems lunch lmao

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1005116358240227328?s=19

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

who loving called that yesterday in this very thread :smug:

Percelus posted:

he doesn't even need to push for healthcare, making weed legal alone with shatter any hopes for the dnc without making real waves since the donors and wallstreet more or less accept it's inevitable

if he signed the executive order tomorrow he could even slam schumer for only proposing decriminalization

even a sad brain weed punk like me can outflank the baddems inbetween mmo poopsocking sessions

Percelus has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Jun 8, 2018

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1005074252981260289

the russians are trolling the eric garlands of the world

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Percelus posted:

who loving called that yesterday in this very thread :smug:

even a sad brain weed punk like me can outflank the baddems inbetween mmo poopsocking sessions

imagine getting outmaneuvered by this guy lol

*looks in a mirror, is chuck schumer*

!!!!!!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

This legit owns in so many ways.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's going to cause a bunch of dems to start spouting off why weed is bad

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

knowing more about him now, reines did seem like a great choice to play trump in debate prep, so uh good job with that i guess hillary

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1002277217718677506

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Phone posted:

it's going to cause a bunch of dems to start spouting off why weed is bad

chelsea clinton was ahead of the pack on this issue

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the counter to this would be for dems to push harder by demanding that weed convictions be expunged from ppl's records, but as that might go against their tough-on-crime stance, that'll more than likely be a 'no.'

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Percelus posted:

chelsea clinton was ahead of the pack on this issue

that kennedy guy also

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Doesn't Boehner lobby for legal weed now? Maybe he's been talking to Trump.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Lessail posted:

that kennedy guy also

you mean escaped lab mutant Joe Kennedy?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, i know trump's ending of the ban will be worked out in such a way as to be a giant-assed cash grab for corporations, but the fact that dems got their dicks caught in their zippers again on this is really loving shameful in a long register of shameful bullshit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

like, i know trump's ending of the ban will be worked out in such a way as to be a giant-assed cash grab for corporations, but the fact that dems got their dicks caught in their zippers again on this is really loving shameful in a long register of shameful bullshit.

What's funny is if Dems had been yelling about legal weed for a while and then Trump does it, it actually would have made the Dems look like they accomplished something even if it was all Trump's idea.

Sorry did I say "funny?" I meant "loving infuriating"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Man who could have guessed that refusing to take the lead on any social or economic issues and indeed actively sabotaging those progressives who try so to do would lead to the party getting outflanked on things???

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Trumps legalizing it just to bully sessions

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

like, i know trump's ending of the ban will be worked out in such a way as to be a giant-assed cash grab for corporations

it would be a giant-assed cash grab for corporations under baddems too though

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eh, I'll believe it when he doesn't change his mind after ten minutes in a room with Stephen Miller or whoever.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

idk i think except for sessions everyone will fall in line because at the end of the day money is being left on the table if it doesn't go through

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

(Spoiler: He's not going to end the ban on marijuana. But he will absolutely blame Democrats for it not being ended.)

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

yeah i understand the pessimism but really follow the money is the only thing that ever makes sense in our society and the results of legalization in every state so far has really 'woke' corporate america on this issue

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Orin Hatch’s legacy is gonna end with him voting to legalize weed and then defund chip (which he helped start)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also, I think the Mueller investigation is at least moderately likely to see a nonzero number of rich corrupt assholes in jail, though almost certainly none of them will be Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Percelus posted:

yeah i understand the pessimism but really follow the money is the only thing that ever makes sense in our society and the results of legalization in every state so far has really 'woke' corporate america on this issue

Yea legal weed is just like gay marriage, it makes the economy numbers go up so it's gonna happen eventually.

• Locked thread