Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

yeah as other said, not really, plenty of us post about that stuff elsewhere, like cspam or d&d or gbs, but BYOB is where we relax and try to maintain chill vibes

I mean there's nothing wrong with the occasional "ugh I'm having a bad day / week" post but we try not to focus heavily on world problems here to say the least, not to say they're not important, this just isn't the place

In here we worship at the altar of denial.

We all know the score and a lot of us are actively working to help Irl but we want a safe place at the end of the day to hide out and stop talking about it.

World getting rough? Chat with us about spoons and frogs.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Chewbecca Postmania is runnin' wild in the forums!

:yeah:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Sneak preview of something I'm working on. (Yes, the cloud game from 2 years ago has been frankensteined back to life!)

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Manifisto

blaise rascal posted:

Sneak preview of something I'm working on. (Yes, the cloud game from 2 years ago has been frankensteined back to life!)

I am excite, this looks really cool

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

blaise rascal posted:

omg

ty manifisto

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Zurtilik posted:

I'm in American time but seem to end up on the latter half of Chewie's posting mania a lot.

lol

Chewbecca Postmania is runnin' wild in the forums!

lmbo

I would like to leave my posting pals something nice to wake up to, but instead I leave them my posts :evilbuddy:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I got mixed dal at the Nepalese grocery and chatted with the guy. Looking forward to making panchmel dal!

take the moon

by sebmojo
its possible i have a slight crush on the barista i get snax from before work. i know u cant do poo poo about that sort of thing tho :( life is cruel

for reference she always looks bored and me tryna chat w her does not seem to lessen her boredom

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

take the moon posted:

its possible i have a slight crush on the barista i get snax from before work. i know u cant do poo poo about that sort of thing tho :( life is cruel

for reference she always looks bored and me tryna chat w her does not seem to lessen her boredom

Invite her to BYOB

Tell her about the Mad Libs and cool sigs.

take the moon

by sebmojo
:hmmyes:

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
its only a v mild crush wish i hadnt brought it to the chill friend places attn

hope everyones well tonite. im happy anytime im not working and can drink all the korean brand instant coffee i want

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
omg im getting paid for an old story and therell be an illustration to go with it :staredog:

i really needed that i think. ive been really gloomy lately.

i wrote it the first and only time ive ever been on acid

----------------

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My aussie coworker, who is the only cool person at my school, is leaving :smith:

Manifisto

take the moon posted:

while it's true, I have never pursued that sort of thing and I always get worried about being a jerk if I do

but tbh it's really not impossible to make that sort of connection (based on others, not myself), if you're prepared to back off if she sends a clear signal that she's not interested

don't be a jerk, but if u like u can just be up front and propose a get together, and expect to handle a rejection gracefully

ty nesamdoom!

take the moon

by sebmojo

Mekchu posted:

My aussie coworker, who is the only cool person at my school, is leaving :smith:

:(

im scared to look @ how many threads im murdering ill take a breather from posting

if my cool coworker left id prolly quit too. theres always a cool one lol

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo

Manifisto posted:

while it's true, I have never pursued that sort of thing and I always get worried about being a jerk if I do

but tbh it's really not impossible to make that sort of connection (based on others, not myself), if you're prepared to back off if she sends a clear signal that she's not interested

don't be a jerk, but if u like u can just be up front and propose a get together, and expect to handle a rejection gracefully

:unsmith: thank you fellow goon i didnt see advice like this coming. im gonna try talking to her more tho autocorrect wanted to make that word stalking so that seems like a bad sign lol

----------------

City of Glompton

blaise rascal posted:

omg :peanut:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

take the moon posted:

:(

im scared to look @ how many threads im murdering ill take a breather from posting

if my cool coworker left id prolly quit too. theres always a cool one lol

Dont feel bad posting. Just posting a thing that is happening in my neck of the woods. Im on conteact til February so ill only have tondeal with 4 months of no cool coworker before changing schools so its not awful. Plus the severance i get ckme February will be pretty sweet.

Escape From Noise

There aren't that many regular posters in BYOB where, I must remind you, lurkers must post, so I think posting a lot or posting three times in a row in a thread (hat trick) is a good thing! Go post in one of my many threads with like 2 replies! PLEASE!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Weird that all of a sudden there's a bunch of gassed threads in BYOB. I thought we didn't do that unless I posted a thread?

Goons Are Gifts

owlhawk911 posted:

Lurkers must post
And posters must lurk
The best time for either
Is while you're at work

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Goons are Great I've messaged you :(

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Goons Are Gifts

Oh don't be sad, we went onto a janitor tour and cleaned up BYOB a bit. Recently there have been a lot of new threads, and that's great! but they tend to bury other threads before they get a chance to shine and grow. We moved some of the threads that tend to turn into listing things, or copied premises, stuff we had recently already, as well as empty threads that died before seeing the day of light and rather low content stuff.

BYOB is the :justpost: forum, but we want to keep the sacred first page of byob available for everyone and their threads. If yours gets gassed, don't be mad or sad, you didn't do anything wrong and it's not a punishment or anything, just post again!
Fluffie has this neat FAQ about gassed threads in the rules thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765039&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post460507432

Removing threads is never a punishment towards the OP, it's just us cleaning up and sorting BYOB, the posting forum.

Escape From Noise

Sorry to sow the seeds of conspiracy.

I'm making dinner at the moment. Trying to be healthy so it's gonna be some steamed and pan fried veg with a sauce I got a while ago with sesame and chilies. Also gonna have rice and miso soup. Mmmm yeah. One of the vegetables I'm going to make is Chinese yam, which is called "nagaimo" here, which means "long potato" and it's white and goopy. lol

Pizzatime

are you sure they're not just using your love of Japan to sell you overpriced horseradish

Goons Are Gifts

lol
:geoduck:

Escape From Noise

Pizzatime posted:

are you sure they're not just using your love of Japan to sell you overpriced horseradish

Nagaimo and wasabi are very different. Also wasabi tastes different than regular horseradish. Less harsh

Pizzatime

Nagaimo and wasabi are very different. Also wasabi tastes different than regular horseradish. Less harsh

you know that kinda sounds like a yes

Escape From Noise

Pizzatime posted:

you know that kinda sounds like a yes

I guess. If starchy potato has the same taste as wasabi to you.

blaise rascal

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh don't be sad, we went onto a janitor tour and cleaned up BYOB a bit. Recently there have been a lot of new threads, and that's great! but they tend to bury other threads before they get a chance to shine and grow. We moved some of the threads that tend to turn into listing things, or copied premises, stuff we had recently already, as well as empty threads that died before seeing the day of light and rather low content stuff.

BYOB is the :justpost: forum, but we want to keep the sacred first page of byob available for everyone and their threads. If yours gets gassed, don't be mad or sad, you didn't do anything wrong and it's not a punishment or anything, just post again!
Fluffie has this neat FAQ about gassed threads in the rules thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765039&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post460507432

Removing threads is never a punishment towards the OP, it's just us cleaning up and sorting BYOB, the posting forum.
I don't think byob threads should get gassed unless they are awful. If they are uninteresting, that's a self-fixing problem, because they'll fall off the front page.

blaise rascal

Not to mention that uninteresting threads can be made interesting by interesting posts.

But hey, that's just me.

take the moon

by sebmojo
it sucked getting my thread gassed but mostly cuz i wanted it to be funny and knew it wasnt :/

take the moon

by sebmojo
if too many new threads were posted rn the itt i make a webcomic thread could drop to page 2 par example i think

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
oh nvm that happened

gas more threads. gas all of the threads

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

We have very low standards for threads in general and :justpost: is a mentality, but yeah, for example a great and lovely and creative thread like the webcomic one would fall down the first page if we all go and make 20 "post ITT right now!" threads. Not that those threads have to be bad or couldn't become better with great jokes and fun, but there only are 40 spots on the first page of BYOB, at least two spots are already taken by the chat and rules thread, so some sort of house keeping is fruitful I think. As said, gassing is not being mean or that we hate you or your threads and it's not about popularity either, it's just making room to give everyone a chance to shine.
Also, don't forget we goldmine very actively, too! Everyone deserves a spot there.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm writing my congressperson if any of my threads get gassed. I have a lawyer on retainer and my dad works at Nintendo. So you better be careful who you're hecking with GaG!

cda

by Hand Knit

blaise rascal posted:

I don't think byob threads should get gassed unless they are awful. If they are uninteresting, that's a self-fixing problem, because they'll fall off the front page.

i think if one person is making a lot of threads, some of them might get gassed and thats ok. i say this as a person who will sometimes make like 6-10 threads in a 20 minute timespan. i would rather see a page 1 with 30 threads by 30 different posters even if theyre on different levels than a page 1 with 30 threads by 3 different posters even if theyre really good thread concepts

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
amd there's two ways to acheive that. one is for me to have an idea for a thread and either go "nah..." or write it down somewhere and wait to post it until later, the other is for me to just post and accept that some of them are gonna get culled and thats not a big deal

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i gaze across the vast stretches of icy blue byob, my eyes focusing on a lone mod clubbing threads to death like baby seals, their purple blood greasing the wheels of the tiny subforum, their last bleating cries echoing in my ears as i'm lulled into a peaceful slumber, they fade into the distance... "hurf de durf, it's byob time..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Luvcow posted:

i gaze across the vast stretches of icy blue byob, my eyes focusing on a lone mod clubbing threads to death like baby seals, their purple blood greasing the wheels of the tiny subforum, their last bleating cries echoing in my ears as i'm lulled into a peaceful slumber, they fade into the distance... "hurf de durf, it's byob time..."

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!