Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ld517g/how_i_thought_that_i_had_encountered_a_paedophile/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i dont like wacky goon thread titles but "gently caress, it's a paedophile den. It looks like Arthmoor really decided to go creative with this one" is too funny to pass up

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean I thought arthmoor was big into feature creep but wakka wakka

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Best thing about Morrowind is there's no kids in it, so mods don't have to account for them one way or the other.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This is a legitimately funny story. I wouldn't put it past the guy either.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dalris Othaine posted:

yeah I checked - everything's done except like 1% of Bloodmoon. Sadly, Oblivion jank is almost as much of a pain to deal with as Morrowind jank these days :(

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

:eyepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
what a grand and intoxicating innocence

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

You're right, looks like everything is done except for that 1%.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I am aghast to learn that children in the game have character models without clothing. Horrifying

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Spellsiphon bugged out on me and made me unable to attack so I tried to uninstall it (EDIT: following its recommended process) and that corrupted my save.

Spellsiphon is officially on my shitlist and I am abandoning my magic-only run.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 7, 2021

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I installed some NPC mods (wanted to try Interesting NPCs for my first playthrough since 2014, even though I've heard some not so great stuff about it) and am running into some blackface bugs with it. Apparently it's with multiple mods affecting the same NPCs, so I've tried various suggested fixes - ensuring that my load-order for plugins and loose files is the same, deactivating some face/skin mods to see if it fixes things, no dice. Then I ran SSEEdit and tried to apply conflict filter and that didn't show anything either, nor did manually checking out the file for one of the affected Interesting NPCs show anything.

So basically I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone know of a reliable way to fix this? I'm barely into the game, but the vanilla NPCs have so far all looked perfectly good at least, so if I can't figure out any solution I might just uninstall Interesting NPCs instead.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

I installed some NPC mods (wanted to try Interesting NPCs for my first playthrough since 2014, even though I've heard some not so great stuff about it) and am running into some blackface bugs with it. Apparently it's with multiple mods affecting the same NPCs, so I've tried various suggested fixes - ensuring that my load-order for plugins and loose files is the same, deactivating some face/skin mods to see if it fixes things, no dice. Then I ran SSEEdit and tried to apply conflict filter and that didn't show anything either, nor did manually checking out the file for one of the affected Interesting NPCs show anything.

So basically I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone know of a reliable way to fix this? I'm barely into the game, but the vanilla NPCs have so far all looked perfectly good at least, so if I can't figure out any solution I might just uninstall Interesting NPCs instead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Cool thanks, I'll test it tomorrow

E: Seems to have worked, thanks! I googled black face fix or something and found a different mod that said it didn't work after all in the description (lol) so I guess I was just unlucky with my search results

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 8, 2021

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Was going to reinstall Skyrim SE and try Wabbajack, but then I saw Elysium is 100GB. Are there decent mod packs that are only like 20GB? I'm assuming a lot of it is Hi-res textures, but I'm still running an i5 4750, GTX 760, 8GB of RAM, with a 240GB SSD.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shyfted One posted:

Was going to reinstall Skyrim SE and try Wabbajack, but then I saw Elysium is 100GB. Are there decent mod packs that are only like 20GB? I'm assuming a lot of it is Hi-res textures, but I'm still running an i5 4750, GTX 760, 8GB of RAM, with a 240GB SSD.

You're gonna probably have to mix and match on your own.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

After a couple of days of realizing I've been out of the mod game for too long I'm gonna try and go through the STEP guide first to get my sea legs back under me, so to speak. I tried this this weekend and I hosed a bunch of poo poo up + realized a bunch of the mods the STEP Guide wanted me to install were from LE and not SE, so it's gonna be a slower task of hunting down some of the specific SE versions of those mods and/or using Cathedral to convert them to SE in the case of no existing copies.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Monathin posted:

After a couple of days of realizing I've been out of the mod game for too long I'm gonna try and go through the STEP guide first to get my sea legs back under me, so to speak. I tried this this weekend and I hosed a bunch of poo poo up + realized a bunch of the mods the STEP Guide wanted me to install were from LE and not SE, so it's gonna be a slower task of hunting down some of the specific SE versions of those mods and/or using Cathedral to convert them to SE in the case of no existing copies.

Assuming you're using the SE version of the STEP guide, I think the only LE mods it asks for are just pure textures and such, which don't need any real converting (though optimizing through the Cathedral tool is never a bad idea).

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

I'll have to check the exact size after work tonight, but try QWEST!, its made for lower end computers.

https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/info?machineURL=qwest
"If you can run vanilla Skyrim, you should be able to run this."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Come Nerevar, friend or traitor, come. Come and look upon the heart, and Akhulakhan. And bring Wraithguard condom, I have need of it.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

The only small one I know of is Tales from the Northern Lands. Which looks and plays amazing, if you don't mind the overall art style and RPG loot. It's also, probably and oddly, the most visually consistent pack because the style easily covers up all the flaws inherent to Skyrim that photorealistic graphics packages are trying to work around.

Someone else mentioned QWest! but even it's something like 60gb, it's just most of that space is taken up by new assets from large quest mods and lightweight replacement of the old textures as opposed to major graphics overhaul. But that's a good option for you too if you can afford the space. The next version of TPF is in beta and supposedly works well on lower end machines but I don't remember how big it is and may not work well all the way down to a GTX 760.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Fantastic Alice posted:

I'll have to check the exact size after work tonight, but try QWEST!, its made for lower end computers.

https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/info?machineURL=qwest
"If you can run vanilla Skyrim, you should be able to run this."

Thanks. I'm going to give this a try. I've been cleaning up some old files and backing stuff up elsewhere to make room.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Any recommendation for quest sorting mods? I have only played a handful of hours and that quest list is already looking mighty disorganized. Either by region or some way to categorize them by priority would be great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Any recommendation for quest sorting mods? I have only played a handful of hours and that quest list is already looking mighty disorganized. Either by region or some way to categorize them by priority would be great.

This lets you hide ones you want to ignore, but they'll still mark themselves as completed if you beat them on accident.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23028

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Christ. Qwest! finished and failed so I relaunched Wabbajack and now it's an even bigger install and I need 53 more mods.

When it says to move the files to your Games folder does that mean I should move the files to which of these?

C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Qwest\downloads
C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Qwest\
C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data

Same for ENB. The Readme says copy d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll to your game folder. So just copy them to C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition? And do I only copy those files and ignore all of the others?

And I get it'll likely be an issue if I ever need to update Qwest! using Wabbajack, but I don't have enough space to maintain the Quest\downloads folder as well as the size of the eventual install. Can I delete the Qwest\downloads folder after installing?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

You probably shouldn't be downloading wabbajack mods into your skyrim folder, it should all be downloading to like c:\qwest or c:\games\qwest.

But you'd copy them to C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. If it works leave it, if it doesn't, move everything in C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Qwest to its own folder, repair your skyrim installation in steam, then re run wabbajack pointing it to where you moved the files so it won't have to redownload.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 10, 2021

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've never really used Wabbajack but is it possible to set it to download to a data drive and only do the actual install on your SSD?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I didn't directly download it. The instructions had me download a program to get steam to download Skyrim somewhere else besides the default folder and had me download Qwest to another separate folder. I was just wondering what they meant when they said "move it over" because that could mean a couple different things for file placement.

Going to abandon this though until I get a bigger ssd. It would have been fine to simultaneously have the downloaded files and the installed files, but then the total size of both combined went up almost 20GB since I started this yesterday. I just don't have the room for 120GB.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

I didn't directly download it. The instructions had me download a program to get steam to download Skyrim somewhere else besides the default folder and had me download Qwest to another separate folder. I was just wondering what they meant when they said "move it over" because that could mean a couple different things for file placement.

Going to abandon this though until I get a bigger ssd. It would have been fine to simultaneously have the downloaded files and the installed files, but then the total size of both combined went up almost 20GB since I started this yesterday. I just don't have the room for 120GB.

Stuff in the Game Folder Files folder in your Qwest install folder goes in your Skyrim Special Edition folder.

C:\Games\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
This one. Its also where you'd put the 2 files from the ENB thing you can get on your own.

docbeard posted:

I've never really used Wabbajack but is it possible to set it to download to a data drive and only do the actual install on your SSD?

Yes. You can set the download folder to a different one, yeah. Just set the download folder in Wabbajack to whatever you want. Can even use the same folder for multiple lists.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 10, 2021

Peanut!
May 12, 2019
What's the preferred combat mod these days? I tried Combat Gameplay Overhaul but it was incompatible with a bunch of other mods and the dodge roll was disorienting in first person.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Peanut! posted:

What's the preferred combat mod these days? I tried Combat Gameplay Overhaul but it was incompatible with a bunch of other mods and the dodge roll was disorienting in first person.

I've actually used CGO since my last full re-install last year and I actually really like it. The caveats I have, however, is that I don't use any other combat mods with it, and I turned all the options down to like 25% because it's WAY over-animated at the mod's intended levels. But I really like the way it lets you roll, the stance switching options, and the procedural leaning.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gonna see if I can get my mid-range rig to handle ENB improvements. What's the difference between ENB and SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB? I don't quite understand what ENB is, exactly.

Edit: Looks like you need a manager specifically for installing and configuring ENBs. Any recommendations?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 12, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
ENB is basically a third-party post-processing filter that is applied on top of the native graphics processing of the Skyrim engine. Most of them end up making the game look like oversaturated rear end. The difference is only in the visual effects that are applies, so you can pretty much see what you'll get in the screenshots.

Personally, I never bothered. I've not yet seen an ENB filter set that did not look like poo poo.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think ReShade has a better user experience and has better results than ENB.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Well, poo poo. ReShade it is, I guess. Any recommendations?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

you can download the effects and any number of presets. reshade has an in-game menu so you can swap between presets on the fly. Its actually pretty rad imo

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Pollyanna posted:

Well, poo poo. ReShade it is, I guess. Any recommendations?

The only Reshade type mod I use is, instead of actual Reshade, I use Imaginator (with option MCM plugin) and turn the "Pixar" setting up one notch. This, plus ELFX (Enhanced Lighting FX) mod are all I need for lighting and color.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Gonna see if I can get my mid-range rig to handle ENB improvements. What's the difference between ENB and SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB? I don't quite understand what ENB is, exactly.

Edit: Looks like you need a manager specifically for installing and configuring ENBs. Any recommendations?

Read over this page here, it'll guide you through setting up an ENB preset through ENB Man and Mod Organizer 2. The ENB itself is the program needed to run the graphics set up, SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB is one of the ENB presets on Nexus. Anything up on Nexus that says ENB is simply a pre-set.

I use Re-Engaged and it's really pretty, but even on a 6GB graphics card which itself is overclocked, I can usually only get like 40FPS with my mod setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: at the idea of needing a top tier 2021 rig to play Skyrim.