Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

morestuff posted:

If you found out about Hinkie's legit Phila12345 account you could pretty easily rig up four dummy accounts with the same follows.

A random AI enthusiast noticing a handful of "weird tweets" in the middle of Sixers Twitter and deciding to run elaborate data analysis just seems weird to me, but someone running a yearslong con to sabotage Colangelo is obviously less likely. Though given the fanbase maybe not a ton less likely
What about the accounts legitimately belonging to Colangelo (either or both) but the tipster being Hinkie? Strikes me as less unlikely than the random AI enthusiast story. Still weird, but in a much more explicable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StoolGreenie/status/1001661922066890753?s=19

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Check out Bryan when Bryan get up. His collar ain’t even get up that high. Find a new slant.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

The Maestro posted:

Check out Bryan when Bryan get up. His collar ain’t even get up that high. Find a new slant.

If I had a medium size ladder....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

morestuff posted:

If you found out about Hinkie's legit Phila12345 account you could pretty easily rig up four dummy accounts with the same follows.

A random AI enthusiast noticing a handful of "weird tweets" in the middle of Sixers Twitter and deciding to run elaborate data analysis just seems weird to me, but someone running a yearslong con to sabotage Colangelo is obviously less likely. Though given the fanbase maybe not a ton less likely

But the Phila12345 account never tweeted, so how would anyone find out?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I just read an article with statistics and video backup on why Kevin Durant's shoes keep coming off. I read the entire thing. NBA fandom in 2018.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-kevin-durants-shoes-keep-falling-off/

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The idea of some outside party doing it falls apart when you consider that the 3 accounts went dark just hours after the call came in to the 76ers, which happened a week before the article came out. That means those accounts can only be people high up in the Sixers, or Ben Detrick, or maybe someone else at The Ringer, which is the universe of people aware of it in that timeframe. I am going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't anyone at the Ringer because the Sixers would sue them out of existence if it was.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also the rep that was contacted said he only spoke with BC

And one of the accounts that went dark hadn't tweeted in months

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets beat guy asked Morey how he intends to go after a max free agent and Morey said he has "new math". Prepare for a cba loophole the likes of which you've never seen.

Seriously I don't know how they could make it work.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dejan Bimble posted:

Gathering up armloads of first round picks at any position has helped Boston rebuild. I'd say that non lottery picks tend to be overvalued, but when your team is guaranteed to be bad (spend a few minutes visualizing Jordan Clarkson ineffectually trying to break down a defender, then passing to Kevin Love, who's doubled and has to pass to a wide open Jeff Green, over about 100 possessions per game over 82 games) , you might as well get what you can.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this Cleveland squad could be a playoff team next year without LeBron. A lot of their players are uncomfortable in the low usage role next to LeBron and have been more successful in the past with higher usage. Also they should improve for playing together more.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this Cleveland squad could be a playoff team next year without LeBron. A lot of their players are uncomfortable in the low usage role next to LeBron and have been more successful in the past with higher usage. Also they should improve for playing together more.

The East still isn't as good as the west but it's not THAT bad anymore. The 7th and 8th seeds were the Bucks and Wizards, both of whom are better stocked than the Cavs sans Lebron

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best players on the Cavs is a small Center that just rebounds, very old JR Smith, and very old Kyle Korver.

What in the world do you think the team can win 42 games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Tae posted:

The best players on the Cavs is a small Center that just rebounds, very old JR Smith, and very old Kyle Korver.

What in the world do you think the team can win 42 games

kevin love isnt on your list of best players?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dead of concussions

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The East still isn't as good as the west but it's not THAT bad anymore. The 7th and 8th seeds were the Bucks and Wizards, both of whom are better stocked than the Cavs sans Lebron

Kevin Love is very capable of shouldering a big offense role. If he stayed healthy I think the team might be a "Flirting with 40 wins" type team, which might be good enough to make a push for the 8th seed, but it's a stretch. I think the let down from losing Lebron would submarine them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Love can’t play 80 games. I doubt he can play 40 anymore.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Kevin Love is very capable of shouldering a big offense role. If he stayed healthy I think the team might be a "Flirting with 40 wins" type team, which might be good enough to make a push for the 8th seed, but it's a stretch. I think the let down from losing Lebron would submarine them.

If a push were to happen it would be almost entirely due to a Kevin Love resurgence yeah, I don't think Jordan Clarkson and the rest are gonna be the engineers of a playoff run. However Love gets hurt every other day so him shouldering a whole season's burden would be pretty unlikely imho

They'd have to bring in Olynyk if they want Kevin to shoulder anything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

The offense won't be the problem though. The Cavs defense would be Suns/Kings level of abysmal, and Lebron's historically good offensive playmaking is what keeps the team afloat.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

The offense won't be the problem though. The Cavs defense would be Suns/Kings level of abysmal, and Lebron's historically good offensive playmaking is what keeps the team afloat.

The defense would have actually improved from this season if they got to Suns/Kings level.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1001926559924551680

Condolences to our theoretical pistons fans

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You guys forget how bad the East is. That dogshit Pistons team won 39 games.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

You guys forget how bad the East is. That dogshit Pistons team won 39 games.

Andre Drummond would be the most dependable player on either team at this point. Blake is basically Kevin Love in terms of fragility so that cancels out

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Cavs would be closer to winning 20 games than making the playoffs without LeBron. Their best starter after Love (who would miss half the season if he shouldered a full load) would be George Hill?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kevin loves played a lot of games every year with the cavs and other than getting kelly olynk'd has never had a major injury? stop making things up about kevin

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

kevin loves played a lot of games every year with the cavs and other than getting kelly olynk'd has never had a major injury? stop making things up about kevin

Kevin Love played one more game than Blake Griffin this year my man

He gets concussed frequently and that adds up

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

#Pray4Dejan

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Like any reasonable person , he would fake an injury if he was required to play an entire season with George Hill, Jeff Green and Jordan Clarkson

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kevin Love played one more game than Blake Griffin this year my man

He gets concussed frequently and that adds up

what is frequently? hes had 2 with the cavs in 4 years?

and luckily there are you know, other years than this year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

what is frequently? hes had 2 with the cavs in 4 years?

and luckily there are you know, other years than this year

He missed 22 games last year too, are you drunk

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

22 games, on a team with 2 other all stars? oh no. he played 70+ games 3 years in a row before that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I can't figure out what point you're trying to make, you think Kevin Love is durable? Cool, good luck with that

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The last time LeBron left they were immediately one of the worst teams in the league for four straight years even with Kyrie.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can't figure out what point you're trying to make, you think Kevin Love is durable? Cool, good luck with that

i think making up a world where hes just going to fall to pieces if he has to touch the ball is laughably dumb and a perfect case of recency bias. hes currently hurt so he is always hurt

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

i think making up a world where hes just going to fall to pieces if he has to touch the ball is laughably dumb and a perfect case of recency bias. hes currently hurt so he is always hurt

I think ignoring the fact that he's missed half a season's worth of games over the last two years is laughably dumb as well so here we are

Kyrie's played more games

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think ignoring the fact that's missed half a season's worth of games over the last two years is laughably dumb as well so here we are

he hasnt though? hes been in deep playoff runs every single year for 3 years in a row. his season has been longer and hes played in a majority of the games. where we are is you making stuff up about my boy kevin

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

he hasnt though? hes been in deep playoff runs every single year for 3 years in a row. his season has been longer and hes played in a majority of the games. where we are is you making stuff up about my boy kevin

I'll post the cinny buns if Kevin Love plays more than 65 games next year

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

BWV posted:

The Cavs would be closer to winning 20 games than making the playoffs without LeBron. Their best starter after Love (who would miss half the season if he shouldered a full load) would be George Hill?

There were teams trying all season to lose as many games as possible and couldn't go that low. Basically if your team is not trying to tank, you should easily win 30.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ive had 2 endure 4 years of aggro dumbo pming me that they should trade kevin love for, like, brandon jennings n poo poo i will let no slander pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1001913999179431936

First I'm hearing about this.

• Locked thread