Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785037949739913291?t=uOeZdWf-cUzD0On_I5a6vQ&s=19

Honestly I'll watch this. The dude makes fun dumb shows that are good for a season or 3.

Why wouldn't this be on Max? Shouldn't that be the home of all things Scooby Doo or are they seriously going to jettison every bit of non-reality based programming they have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785037949739913291?t=uOeZdWf-cUzD0On_I5a6vQ&s=19

Honestly I'll watch this. The dude makes fun dumb shows that are good for a season or 3.

Yeah, this could be fun if he brings some Legends of Tomorrow energy to it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Why wouldn't this be on Max? Shouldn't that be the home of all things Scooby Doo or are they seriously going to jettison every bit of non-reality based programming they have?

They are farming out (and possibly selling if the debt problems stick around) all the IPs they have.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eh, Netflix has Star Trek Prodigy these days too, so it's not like those THE HOME OF [WHATEVER] deals mean anything any more, especially when Zazlav or someone like him gets involved

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
*thinking hard about this news* that means they can put Breaking Bad characters in MultiVersus

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

*thinking hard about this news* that means they can put Breaking Bad characters in MultiVersus

Lol Jessie fighting Shaggy and still losing

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

bring back matthew lillard

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Bro Dad posted:

bring back matthew lillard

Was there a big fan backlash when they recast the voice for Scoob!?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Boy NCIS having a Mossad agent in its ranks did not age well

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

she has a sick backstory too lol

quote:

Born in Be'er Sheva, Israel on November 12, 1982,[2] Ziva is one of three children fathered by the fictional Mossad Director Eli David, the other two being Ari,[4][20] an older half brother, and Tali, a younger sister who was killed in a Hamas suicide bombing at the age of 16.[26][27] Her mother, Rivka (Weronika Rosati),[24] is infrequently mentioned throughout the series; she is referred to as having taught Ziva how to drive and preferring that she play with dolls instead of "boy games" like Battleship and G.I. Joe.[4] By 1991, Rivka took her children and left Eli because she could no longer tolerate the nature of his work. They apparently attempted to reconcile at some point, though, according to Ziva, they divorced when she was 13 due to Eli's indiscretions with a female Mossad operative.[28] In the Season 9 episode "Safe Harbor", it is confirmed that she is deceased, having been "killed" prior to the beginning of the series.[29]

As a child, Ziva took ballet,[4] though her father never came to any of her performances.[30] At some point, he also taught her how to play baseball. Since her early childhood, Eli trained her in combat tactics and espionage (according to Ziva, one of her earliest memories of childhood was her father leading her and her sister into a forest, blindfolded, then leaving them there to find their way out again). She commented in "Tribes" that her childhood best friend, a Muslim, was killed in a retaliatory Israeli air-strike when she was twelve.[31] She explains her upbringing to Tony: "You and I come from two totally different places. In my world, you grow up fast. You have no choice."[32]

Directly after high school, Ziva was in the Israeli army (Tzahal being Israel Defense Forces) for two years as is compulsory for all Israeli women. Contrary to speculation, she claims she volunteered to join Mossad as soon as she was eligible, and was not motivated by the desire to avenge the death of her sister.[27] During her time at Mossad, Ziva was part of a special operations unit known as Kidon, which is part of the Metsada (which is now code named Komemiute). This unit specialized in assassinations, paramilitary operations, sabotage, and psychological warfare. Her position was control officer. As a result of early, intensive training, she is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and shooting, later attempting to teach a class on knife throwing at NCIS.[26]

Ziva is scripted as someone who "has had to do awful things and watch awful things in her life";[33] she has "seen 12-year-old suicide bombers in Israel"[34] and gone hungry long enough to resort to eating maggots.[35] In the third season, she recounts an incident in which one of her friends from Mossad had been beheaded after infiltrating a Hamas cell in Ramallah; Hamas terrorists sent his head back on the overnight express, leading her to view captivity as worse than death.[36] Ducky later told Gibbs that, "Agent David has been through things you and I can't even imagine" and suggested that she was the only one who could relate to a suspect who had been abused.[37]

Ziva has been involved in operations in Cairo, Egypt (where she met Jenny Shepard, who later became Director of NCIS), in Iraq before its occupation, in Paris where she worked with partner Namir Eschel, and in Eastern Europe alongside Jenny Shepard, which was followed by six months in the United Kingdom on counter-terrorist operations directly prior to working with NCIS.[38] According to Jenny, Ziva saved her life in Cairo two years prior to Ziva's first appearance in the series.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd say a Scooby-Doo show would work great with a shoestring budget and some hammy acting, but then there's the question of Scooby himself. CGI, probably. Though it'd be great if they went all Roger Rabbit.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

do it like Wilfred

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i haven't seen a lot of musicals, but if you're a Noob definitely check out a bunch of Stephen Sondheim productions. company, merrily we roll along, Sweeney Todd, into the woods and assassins are cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also lol modern MASH reboot that's a limited series and ends with the entire MSF cast being killed by the Obama drone strike

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

In Training posted:

also lol modern MASH reboot that's a limited series and ends with the entire MSF cast being killed by the Obama drone strike

Colonel Blake's plane being shot down by Azov lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

do it like Wilfred

i feel we are entering a period where you could make an "Adam West Batman" level of campiness live action Scooby Doo where Scooby is played by an adult man in a bad dog suit and it could work

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

i feel we are entering a period where you could make an "Adam West Batman" level of campiness live action Scooby Doo where Scooby is played by an adult man in a bad dog suit and it could work

Have a crossover with someone who does their best Adam West impression.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Modern MASH would *be* Azov - they are all "combat medics", after all

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Frank as Acting CO demanding Hawkeye wear his Sonnenrand patch as per uniform code

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

i haven't seen a lot of musicals, but if you're a Noob definitely check out a bunch of Stephen Sondheim productions. company, merrily we roll along, Sweeney Todd, into the woods and assassins are cool.

Assassins is c-spam as hell and whips rear end

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Merrily We Roll Along is the show I saw actually (with Groff and Radcliffe, they were great)

I can see why the boomers hated it, because there's nothing in their lives they wouldn't sell or compromise to get a leg up

but it felt shockingly contemporary

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cookie Cutter posted:

Modern MASH would *be* Azov - they are all "combat medics", after all

Modern Clinger shows up in a dress "I'm hoping to get transferred to the medical emergency jack off squad in the Gaza theatre"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KirbyKhan posted:

Modern Clinger shows up in a dress "I'm hoping to get transferred to the medical emergency jack off squad in the Gaza theatre"

J*I*Z*Z

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG45GfgD2JU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

indigi posted:

like for a lot of people "the billionaire doesn't care what people are saying about him" is completely true. but not for Steinfeld
seinfeld, a slightly funnier musk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Merrily We Roll Along is the show I saw actually (with Groff and Radcliffe, they were great)

I can see why the boomers hated it, because there's nothing in their lives they wouldn't sell or compromise to get a leg up

but it felt shockingly contemporary

Yeah I'm surprised it was a flop - it felt like a fairly straightforward rags to riches to rags parable that would have slotted in nicely with 80s & 90s ennui about Selling Out.

I actually think it seems kinda less relevant these days bc post-2008 nobody worries about "selling out" they either get pissed bc they don't even have the option to sell out lol, or become grindset hustlers, different anxieties that manifest.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Well there was also a black character in MASH who's nickname was spearchucker that probably couldn't be done today either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh yeah speaking of musicals I saw Urinetown recently which is a very nihilist 90s rear end script. But it was a fun time. Very taken aback that the final line is an exclamation to "praise Malthus" lol.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you cant call blacks and broads dumb and get huge laughs anymore????? cancel culture has gone way out of hand

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

all this talk about selling out has got me thinking about How to Get Ahead in Advertising
(1989). really funny movie with the cool guy in withnail and I

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You couldn't make the episode of Wings with Col. Oliver North as a guest star today

Because of woke

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

gradenko_2000 posted:

You couldn't make the episode of Wings with Col. Oliver North as a guest star today

Because of woke

man i was not ready for that poo poo when i rewatched Wings a while back

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Because of woke

what the gently caress

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the hackett brothers were assets?!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://wings.fandom.com/wiki/Take_My_Life,_Please

*adding string to my pinboard*

"what did Thomas Hayden Church know and when did he know it?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how much cocaine was smuggled through the nantucket airport

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just went down the NCIS wiki rabbit hole. Apparently, there was a one season show called First Monday in the JAG/NCIS universe, which was about the Supreme Court:

Justice Joseph Novelli (Joe Mantegna), a newly appointed moderate Supreme Court Justice
Chief Justice Thomas Brankin (James Garner), the football-obsessed, conservative Chief Justice of the United States
Justice Henry Hoskins (Charles Durning), Brankin's best friend and a conservative justice, who often spouted limericks during conversation
Senator Edward Sheffield (Dean Stockwell), a liberal U.S. Senator who plotted to get Novelli impeached. Following the show's cancellation, Sheffield became a recurring character on JAG. The character later became the Secretary of the Navy.

I need to find clips of this because this sounds impossibly bad.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

how much cocaine was smuggled through the nantucket airport

They were probably transporting VIPs and their “dates”. Those types love islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i used to work at an airport for billionaires. they dont bring drugs with them because there's still security and theres always plenty wherever they're going. really it seems like they buy private planes just to take their little making GBS threads dogs on vacation with them