Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

people keep saying this.

people are idiots who don’t know how logistics work, especially temperature controlled logistics.

its going to be real hard to distribute that vaccine properly. not impossible, but very very hard. it’s going to be slower than everybody expects.

this isn’t throw it a a cooler with some dry ice. this is keeping container or trailer loads at temperature in a variety of exterior conditions. it gets hosed on the reg for much warmer set points.

but i was promised cold lasers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

:thunk:

:hmmyes:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

oh sure, i'm not saying that it ain't bad and that it ain't gonna get worse, but people were literally predicting widescale riots and starvation and the destruction of the republic. thankfully covid isn't quite as deadly as we gave it credit for.

that said, dark fuckin days ahead.

there will never be widescale riots, americans have severe brainworms

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bar Ran Dun posted:

people keep saying this.

people are idiots who don’t know how logistics work, especially temperature controlled logistics.

its going to be real hard to distribute that vaccine properly. not impossible, but very very hard. it’s going to be slower than everybody expects.

this isn’t throw it a a cooler with some dry ice. this is keeping container or trailer loads at temperature in a variety of exterior conditions. it gets hosed on the reg for much warmer set points.

If you mean like traditional reefer container setpoints it gets hosed constantly because the boxes are trash op, ship your millions in frozen blood products in something that isn't the mangiest loving box on Earth

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Bar Ran Dun posted:

people keep saying this.

throw a bunch of dry ice in a trailer,

imo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CrainsChicago/status/1326643377815875584?s=20

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

I agree with them, indoor dining should be shut down nationwide, it's only fair

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I realized something today; I haven't driven at night since March.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

actionjackson posted:

there will never be widescale riots, americans have severe brainworms

Nah, there will be riots over some Black Friday door buster

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

shovelbum posted:

If you mean like traditional reefer container setpoints it gets hosed constantly because the boxes are trash op, ship your millions in frozen blood products in something that isn't the mangiest loving box on Earth

exactly. use good high quality reefer boxes that can maintain the set point with good competent drivers that install the wall properly or set the baffles right, and who don’t do anything stupid like unplugging the box just because. hire surveyors to watch loading and unloading to ensure the requirements are met and documented etc.

lmao.

yeah we can do all that. I have little to no faith we will. I can see entire loads getting hosed on airport tarmacs going over allowed time out of refrigeration.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I realized something today; I haven't driven at night since March.

Holt poo poo, same

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

L-R
fully clothed
shirt and shoes but no pants
unitard (?)
naked except for socks

consistency, people, consistency

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

someone asked about half-face respirators (this has been mentioned several times, we really should have a copy/paste catchall for this)

You want a 3M 6*** series

Size is denoted by three digits after the ‘6’
6100: small, 6200: medium, 6300: large
Takes 3M bayonet cartridges

Respirator, size medium: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/6200-07025/7693860

Another option, size medium: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/7502/6827884

3M 7093 cartridges are sealed P100 cartridges. Best overall protection. Digikey: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/7093/6827875

digikey is a legit place that ships quickly

yo thanks for this :cheers:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bar Ran Dun posted:

exactly. use good high quality reefer boxes that can maintain the set point with good competent drivers that install the wall properly or set the baffles right, and who don’t do anything stupid like unplugging the box just because. hire surveyors to watch loading and unloading to ensure the requirements are met and documented etc.

lmao.

yeah we can do all that. I have little to no faith we will. I can see entire loads getting hosed on airport tarmacs going over allowed time out of refrigeration.

I hate this because on the ship they're our obsessive priority and we'll throw the whole engineering crew at keeping them cold and then whoops it got left on the dock to rot

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://twitter.com/CruiseLog/status/1326573930711306241?s=20

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lmao.

just have everyone drive to the production facilities and inject it straight off the line

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Didn't expect the return of plague ships this season.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol come on

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013
1200 deaths in the US today with multiple states including Texas and California yet to report.

:mods:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Slum Village posted:

1200 deaths in the US today with multiple states including Texas and California yet to report.

:mods:

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooddssss

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

night driving sucks rear end, every loving rear end in a top hat has LED high beams that they never turn off and they're all angled so they beam directly into your rearview

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

people keep saying this.

all of the initial doses are going to mysteriously disappear as rich people pilfer them hth

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
supposedly someone in my office tested positive

guess I'll find out tomorrow since they'll definitely still have everyone come in lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

aw hell yeah plague ships are back :slick:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
people are going to spread this virus all over the place over thanksgiving and we'll reach new record deaths by christmas

cool cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

night driving sucks rear end, every loving rear end in a top hat has LED high beams that they never turn off and they're all angled so they beam directly into your rearview

i can drive at night. its normal to be able to drive at night. just my $0.02

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

I feel like the good factory headlights now mean there's less ridiculous aftermarkets on the road

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Serf posted:

but i was promised cold lasers

oh my god

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
we have long laughed at goons who cannot drive due to anxiety, but did you know there is a subset of goons who can drive, but not at night? is this ableist? perhaps, perhaps. but it brings me some small joy to think about this type of goon

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Smythe posted:

my wife has astigmatism so driving at night is hell for her

https://twitter.com/UnusualFacts6/status/1109996250273902592?s=19

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SKULL.GIF posted:

This poo poo drives me nuts too

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

shovelbum posted:

I feel like the good factory headlights now mean there's less ridiculous aftermarkets on the road

okay but do you drive a passenger car? every single truck will shine their lights directly at your eyes whether or not they have their high beams on

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Smythe posted:

we have long laughed at goons who cannot drive due to anxiety, but did you know there is a subset of goons who can drive, but not at night? is this ableist? perhaps, perhaps. but it brings me some small joy to think about this type of goon

Cars with bright LEDs that seem focused at the exact right height to shine in to my side mirrors has become extremely commonplace in the last couple of years IMHO and it sucks.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

my wife has astigmatism so driving at night is hell for her

https://twitter.com/UnusualFacts6/status/1109996250273902592?s=19

drat had no idea that was from astigmatism, that’s what it always looks like for me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ah ha, you see? i was indeed ableist, and was outed in a single post. i will return to the cancel chamber to be flogged and castigated by the goon tribunal. :tipshat:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Driving at night sucks and it should stress people out.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

KaptainKrunk posted:

all of the initial doses are going to mysteriously disappear as rich people pilfer them hth

lots of rich people suddenly being "hired" as nurses :thunk:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

inferis posted:

drat had no idea that was from astigmatism, that’s what it always looks like for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Cars with bright LEDs that seem focused at the exact right height to shine in to my side mirrors has become extremely commonplace in the last couple of years IMHO and it sucks.

European cars have headlights that recognize and block out other cars but the tech is illegal there