Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mateo360 posted:

I finally found the show I was thinking of. It was Zixx.

I didn't watch much Cartoon Network in the early - mid 2000s but I feel like I would have remembered something as ugly as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It looks like it was literally made in a launch PS2 game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://www.newsarama.com/33804-ben-10-reboot-5-new-shows-lead-cartoon-network-s-2017-18-line-up.html

Here's the slate for the coming year for CN, which includes new announcements, including Craig of the Creek by Matt & Ben of Steven Universe!!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

Teen Titans Go! – Season four of the hit series continues and get ready for the show’s 200th episode as Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg prepare to save the world in a special, two-part episode.

god is dead and we killed him

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

TFRazorsaw posted:

god is dead and we killed him

And replaced him with a newer, better god. :colbert:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

CuddlyZombie posted:

wait, this isn't the American Gods thread

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm sorry I insulted the show. Maybe they can make yet another episode about the criticism they get being unfair to make up for it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm sorry I insulted the show. Maybe they can make yet another episode about the criticism they get being unfair to make up for it.

You ain't getting that collosal donut. Just leave CN to its nonsense and live a life free of elevated blood pressure.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I was looking and found out Zixx is actually a Mainframe/Rainmaker show. This explains everything. They aren't rebooting ReBoot. They are rebooting Zixx and trying get more viewers with a more popular name.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Daniel Chong, the creator of We Bare Bears, says he's answering fan questions all weekend long in preparation for the We Bare Bears bomb this coming month.

http://wedrawbears.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/threebarebears

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yes, maybe they can. And it'd be great :allears:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TwoPair posted:

Yes, maybe they can. And it'd be great :allears:
The Young Justice SERIOUS TIME episode was worth it just for the Liefeldian art.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope Teen Titans Go inspires CN to make more shows like it tbh.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The show isn't funny.

But in other news, The Real Ghostbusters is on Netflix now, and that's great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'd rather more brave and the bold but sure, whatever.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TFRazorsaw posted:

The show isn't funny.

But in other news, The Real Ghostbusters is on Netflix now, and that's great.

I'd say it varies from episode to episode(Oil Drums is hilarious for example)

Also good to know regarding RGB, gives me a good excuse to finally sit down and binge watch it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

People who don't like Teen Titans Go sure like to let everyone around them know exactly how much they don't like Teen Titans Go.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Junpei Hyde posted:

Isn't that the entire reason why we have Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 reboots with 11 minute episodes?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mycot posted:

Isn't that the entire reason why we have Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 reboots with 11 minute episodes?

PPG has always been 11 min episodes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball had 11 minute episodes years before TTG premiered.

E: Oh, the April Fool's goof is googly eyes on EVERYTHING. Even commercials.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mateo360 posted:

PPG has always been 11 min episodes.

I mean more that's why it was an attractive property to pick up and make a Toon Boom cartoon out of.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I've learned never to ask anyone to make something "like" something else I like. It never works out. You might know what you want out of such an arrangement but you will not get it.

I hate dc and I'm fine with ttg pissing off its fans just by actually entertaining kids, in fact watching ttg is probably better for them than most things kids do these days, but it only works because of the particular team on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like they specifically chose to air The Fury so they could put googly eyes on Anime Nicole.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Junpei Hyde posted:

So many amazing episodes of TTG are dedicated to trolling their manchild audience. It's loving hilarious to watch.

It can usually be pretty funny too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Oh, the April Fool's goof is googly eyes on EVERYTHING. Even commercials.

I'm so mad I'm missing this. I caught like 30 seconds of the TTG episode where they spoof Scooby-Doo and it was great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GOD THE PHYSICS ON THE GOOGLES ARE MATCHED TO HOW THE CHARACTERS MOVE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The real funny thing is that this is the most varied day in terms of programming schedule CN's had in years.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope there's a way to relive this level of goofiness outside of April fool's

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Andrew_1985 posted:

So many amazing episodes of TTG are dedicated to trolling their manchild audience. It's loving hilarious to watch.

It can usually be pretty funny too.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I've learned never to ask anyone to make something "like" something else I like. It never works out. You might know what you want out of such an arrangement but you will not get it.

I hate dc and I'm fine with ttg pissing off its fans just by actually entertaining kids, in fact watching ttg is probably better for them than most things kids do these days, but it only works because of the particular team on it.

Self deprecation is a fine science and I wouldn't recommend everyone chasing GO's exact execution as even it took a while to get where it is now. Which I guess is the ultimate problem of a lot of shows is that they try to be what's popular as they are right now instead of studying how they got to where they are, who exactly was involved, how they were written and possibly improved. "Oh we can be Pheneas and Ferb when they were renowned world wide if we just add a few dumb show-tune like songs! Oh we can be Adventure Time at its Height if we just make teen angst our core focus of the show. Oh we can be TTGO and mock our audience easy."

Hell, GO's style isn't just in cartoons. With how much Zack Schneider hates the source material and its fans, to the point he doesn't think superheros can have serious conversations in their outfits, he hates comic book audiences too and look how well that's worked out for DC films!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 1, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Cyborg's one googly eye is a great touch.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just from googling yeah, it looks like they curated this for maximum effect.

OK, them redrawing Raven's glasses over the googly eyes is a neat touch, can't fault them there.

Hopefuly it will last through to Toonami because oh boy would that be fun.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 1, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just googled this and found this.

Yep, that's pretty great. Hopefuly it will last through to Toonami because oh boy would that be fun.

Please don't touch Jack Episode 4 when its new. I'll let you mock everything else, but just leave Jack as it is in its first ever airing. :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Please don't touch Jack Episode 4 when its new. I'll let you mock everything else, but just leave Jack as it is in its first ever airing. :(

You don't beleive how much I want Sudoku Jack to have googly eyes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If this can continue until midnight, then Dragon Ball is watchable at last.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

If this can continue until midnight, then Dragon Ball is watchable at last.

If CN don't do it TFS will do it in spades and they might go 'round for the rest.

Goodness knows that's the only way to make Tokyo Ghoul edible (sorry).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The trolling would be funny if it didn't miss the mark constantly. They could do a lot with the whole "you want it to be dark and serious" or "you shouldn't change a thing that was for kids into something for adults" if premise if this show weren't already based on the Teen Titans cartoon, which was maybe 80 % childish fun and 20 % superhero drama fair that changed a lot of things that made purists mad. But it never seemed to do a "hey, we're awesome, now here's a 11 minutes about why you're wrong for thinking differently" episode.

I have no problem with the idea of a TT show that strips out that remaining 20 % and just focuses on the gags. But they already had that in the form of the New Teen Titans DC Nation shorts, which were more charming and amusing than anything TTG has forced out. "Mayhem at First Sight" in particular is a favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRVHn8xRbs

They could have just expanded that, and in fact, TTG is based on how successful these shorts were. But instead of using the art style, designs, and staff from those shows (who were people who either worked on or loved the original), they decided to just take the broad strokes and change everything. TTG, meanwhile, is like Family Guy for kids and without the cutaways - its humor is based on the characters being awful to each other, with every joke that might be good driven well into the ground, and then insulting the parts of the audience that don't care for it. Yeah, it's successful as hell (because CN won't stop airing it), but you'd think they'd be content in that and not doing multiple episodes on the premise that the fanboys are sooooo unfair.

really, Mark Twain said it best:

quote:

But the teller of the comic story does not slur the nub; he shouts it at you—every time. And when he prints it, in England, France, Germany, and Italy, he italicizes it, puts some whooping exclamation-points after it, and sometimes explains it in a parenthesis. All of which is very depressing, and makes one want to renounce joking and lead a better life.

Which ultimately describes stuff like "Waffles Waffles Waffles" pretty succinctly.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know how you feel dood but it's really time to just let that ship sail right into the sunset and, god willing, burn up in its 5,505 °C embrace.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ConanThe3rd posted:

You don't beleive how much I want Sudoku Jack to have googly eyes.

But what if it fucks up the close up where his face is covered in blood?! Can they at least edit the google eye to have blood marks on them?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

But what if it fucks up the close up where his face is covered in blood?! Can they at least edit the google eye to have blood marks on them?

Given they've edited the eyes for things like that (Raven's glasses) I wouldn't be too worried about that. Gods of Destruction and Suicidal Tendieces will have their googley eyes this night be there a god in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What JoJo episode are they at?????? :allears: