Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Hot chicks think they are funny b/c guys laugh uproariously at anything they do/say that is mildly comedic. It's not really their fault; they are just surrounded by horny "yes men"

Howard used to talk about that. Hot chick on the phone: "boy she's dumb". Hot chick in the studio: "fascinating; tell me more". This was also one of the areas Robin was really good at, because she could occasionally try to divert Howard back to reality when he was in love. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Jarthus posted:

I cannot believe Howard went to a movie theater by himself with filthy commoners. Of course he was unable to deal with even the smallest human annoyances and interactions.

What did he see? That Miley Cyrus movie "LOL"?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

This has got to be at least the third or fourth Joan Rivers appearance since the last time Gilbert was in the studio.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Every time I flip past the E! channel and her fashion show is on, I find myself wishing as hard as I can for a meteor to demolish the entire studio.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Speaking of repeat guests, Jerry O'Connell has been cast as Herman Munster in the new NBC remake/reboot.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Speaking of repeat guests, Jerry O'Connell has been cast as Herman Munster in the new NBC remake/reboot.

Rebecca must have given him permission. I wonder what he had to give up to pursue his acting career. No Internet for a year?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Rebecca must have given him permission. I wonder what he had to give up to pursue his acting career. No Internet for a year?

I hope not because his shows usually don't last that long.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hi kids. Hope you weren't planning on going to college one day.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
My reaction to that pic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35xfeh9Was8&t=83s

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Baba Booey is getting a podcast on the Nerdist Network.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/06/baba-booey-baba-booey-nerdist-channel-baba-booey/

Surprised Stern is letting him do it. I guess this really is Howard's last contract.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
WhoTF Is Giving Howard Stern Financial Advice?

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06/whotf-is-advising-howard-stern/

Did this rant happen recently?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

WhoTF Is Giving Howard Stern Financial Advice?

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06/whotf-is-advising-howard-stern/

Did this rant happen recently?

The article says it was in 2010.

Also, he seems to think that Howard held on to giant piles of Sirius stock, but I remember multiple articles about how he and Buchwald both filed to sell as soon as that was available to them.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

burmart posted:

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/06/baba-booey-baba-booey-nerdist-channel-baba-booey/

Surprised Stern is letting him do it. I guess this really is Howard's last contract.

Who's ready to listen to Gary talk at 1000 words per second without taking a breath? Seriously Gary, slow down.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

burmart posted:

I'd rather listen to Fred pretending to be Baba Booey talking about inane electronics.

"Well, I like this music player, it plays music"

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I'd rather listen to Fred pretending to be Baba Booey talking about inane electronics.

"Well, I like this music player, it plays music"

I'd rather listen to anyone impersonate Gary giving a list of the top ten albums to listen to on a desert island. These aren't necessarily my favorite albums, but the ones that I would want if I were on a desert island.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

juice bawf

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I'd rather listen to anyone impersonate Gary giving a list of the top ten albums to listen to on a desert island. These aren't necessarily my favorite albums, but the ones that I would want if I were on a desert island.

Them goofing on Gary's Top 10 lists in his audiobook is right up there with Sal's Apology as one of the best moments in the Sirius years.

Anyone have that? I checked on youtube and couldn't find it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

Them goofing on Gary's Top 10 lists in his audiobook is right up there with Sal's Apology as one of the best moments in the Sirius years.

Anyone have that? I checked on youtube and couldn't find it.

Robin's laugh in this clip is absolutely classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoPGTd5wR4s

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Sgt. Peppers"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Anyone have where they made fun of the lists? I never heard that stuff.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Anyone have where they made fun of the lists? I never heard that stuff.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZuABrkfiYg

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Does Gary ever actually call Howard "Boss" anymore? I don't think I've ever heard him actually say it, usually just "Howard."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He, like everyone else on the show seems to save all his energy for his outside of show stuff now. He hardly talks anymore on the main show.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Artie is probably going to be on the Jersey Shore.

Monday's show and last week were really really good shows, in my opinion. Especially last Thursday and Friday with Don Cherry.

Artie asking every guest if Lebron's mom got hosed by a teammate never gets old.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So does anyone want to take bets on how long Howard sticks with his new GTD lifestyle before it drives him insane?

I am guessing this is the book he has been raving about :

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-Free-Productivity/dp/0142000280

Howard is a feast or famine guy so he might love the whole GTD philosophy.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Kelly posted:

So does anyone want to take bets on how long Howard sticks with his new GTD lifestyle before it drives him insane?

I am guessing this is the book he has been raving about :

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-Free-Productivity/dp/0142000280

Howard is a feast or famine guy so he might love the whole GTD philosophy.

He'll give it up in due time. He said the Inbox Zero part of GTD was already driving him insane.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

musclecoder posted:

He'll give it up in due time. He said the Inbox Zero part of GTD was already driving him insane.

That is what made me think of this - he said he deleted all of his email. Dummy. I predict a huge flame out.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Artie is probably going to be on the Jersey Shore.

Monday's show and last week were really really good shows, in my opinion. Especially last Thursday and Friday with Don Cherry.

Artie asking every guest if Lebron's mom got hosed by a teammate never gets old.

Disappointed it will just be him shrugging his shoulders and getting yelled at by one of the idiots on the show. It would be awesome if Jersey Shore used the tape of N&A making fun of Jwow (or whoever it was they were making fun of) to explain why that guy was yelling at Artie. I know they won't, but it would be great.

Don Cherry killed on the show. I was honestly expecting it to be another Dan Falato gently caress up and Don wouldn't be on the line. Joe Walsh was supposed to show up last night, but he might come on at another time this week.

I don't remember if anyone mentioned it here, but the Danny Aiello show was also really good. That guy has led a pretty interesting life. A little arrogant in my opinion, but it was still a great show and it's neat to see that Artie has some pretty good interviewing skills himself.

porkfriedrice fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 6, 2012

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Jarthus posted:

I cannot believe Howard went to a movie theater by himself with filthy commoners. Of course he was unable to deal with even the smallest human annoyances and interactions.

His annoyances were all true, regardless of his status/OCD/phobias. People in theaters are really loving annoying.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Qaz Kwaz posted:

His annoyances were all true, regardless of his status/OCD/phobias. People in theaters are really loving annoying.

When we saw Avengers, here was a 4 or 5 year old kid in the seat behind me who started crying and chanting "I'm scared I want to go home" over and over the second the lights went out. He cried all movie.

A few rows behind that, there was a couple with a kid who was in a stroller. That kid also cried on and off all movie.

I am totally with Howard on this.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I loved his rant. Elephants in their bare feet waddling for drinks.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

People in general are really loving annoying.

e. I remember watching "No Country for Old Men" in the theater and during a scene where Javier Bardem pulls out a shotgun hearing "What is that, some kind of shotgun?" from the person behind.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 6, 2012

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

When we saw Avengers, here was a 4 or 5 year old kid in the seat behind me who started crying and chanting "I'm scared I want to go home" over and over the second the lights went out. He cried all movie.

A few rows behind that, there was a couple with a kid who was in a stroller. That kid also cried on and off all movie.

My friend took his 2 1/2 year old to the movie, which I thought was a little strange. I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how inappropriate it was, but I asked him after hearing the discussion on the show yesterday. He claims the kid loved the movie.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Kelly posted:

There's a theater here that has fully-reclinable La-Z-Boys and is 21+ only. It is well worth the extra money to go there.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm going to double my meat intake just to spite Sam Simon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kelly posted:

I've found that with Comic book movies, if you to a matinee the weekend it opens, it's not so bad. Then again I rarely go to see movies in the theater. The last movie I saw was Dark Knight and the only reason I went this time was because they just opened a few imax screens down the road from me.

I remember Howard being in the theater for the Beer League debut. That must have nearly killed him.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

There's a theater here that has fully-reclinable La-Z-Boys and is 21+ only. It is well worth the extra money to go there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Bonzo posted:

I've found that with Comic book movies, if you to a matinee the weekend it opens, it's not so bad. Then again I rarely go to see movies in the theater. The last movie I saw was Dark Knight and the only reason I went this time was because they just opened a few imax screens down the road from me.

I remember Howard being in the theater for the Beer League debut. That must have nearly killed him.

Agreed. I'm surprised as how much better behaved and appropriately aged kids at matinees are than kids who go to evening movies. The same can be said of the adults who go to the films.

When I first saw Avengers, it was opening weekend and I went to a matinee showing. Everyone there was of an appropriate age (since it's a PG13 movie...accounting for different kids being able to handle the violence differently, I generally put this line at about 9 or 10) and everyone kept quiet and weren't problems. When I went to see it again on a date night with my wife, we went to a 9pm showing at the same theater and sat next to a 3 year old who chatted the whole time. The adults behind us chatted the entire time too.

My wife and I swore that we're never going to a non-matinee ever again. Although, we'll be taking my 4 year old to see her first movie soon, and I worry that it's going to go horribly. It will be Pixar's Brave, but if you go see something like that, you should probably expect kids to be awful during it. We'll leave if it's an inappropriate level of awful.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

This is exactly why I only go to the movies in the early afternoon on weekdays :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Did anyone watch Jon Hein's Fast Food Mania show? I'm thinking of taping it tonight, but I also don't want to get angry watching that doof go to all these awesome places and order a plain hamburger...