Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I think you guys missed the key detail that the theater place actively seems to encourage it, or at the very least slam anyone including newspapers for calling it out. There's a bad time, and then there's a bad culture for a business.

This is fair and understandable.

PiedPiper posted:

Yeah, some people in the theather were laughing at the scene from Django Unchained where dogs were attacking the slave. Another idiot was explaining to his girlfriend what, in his opinion, was really happening in Shutter Island. Which would've been ok, really, if only this dude had a grasp of such concept as whispering.

But no, it turns out I was in the wrong for not liking these people. I guess I should've laughed with them.

This is taking someone providing a dissenting opinion out of context and silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is a theater near my house that just opened up that serves you dinner and stuff while the movie is happening and you can order from menus and all that stuff and it's all very fancy and expensive and all it sounds like to me is a really expensive way to be constantly distracted while you're trying to watch a fuckin movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cinema Cafe is expensive but frankly my favorite way to watch a movie. Footroom, food, and mudslides.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What is a mudslide?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

What is a mudslide?

http://liquor.com/recipes/mudslide/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's gross

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's actually delicious.

Also when I say cinema cafe I really just mean drafthouses in general but it's a rare thing that I am going to bother to drive to the loving Commodore.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Rodyle posted:

It's actually delicious.

CJacobs posted:

There is a theater near my house that just opened up that serves you dinner and stuff while the movie is happening and you can order from menus and all that stuff and it's all very fancy and expensive and all it sounds like to me is a really expensive way to be constantly distracted while you're trying to watch a fuckin movie.

QFT.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DumbparameciuM posted:

Mr McLure, I have these crazy super best friends who says that Platinum shouldn't make a Berserk game right now...are they crazy?

HAHAHA! No Billy, just ignorant!

E: Agreeing with Pat makes me feel dirty

I would definitely love a Platinum Berserk game. I know this may be a weird a opinion but I kind of want to see Platinum being able to branch out a little more. I feel like they have just become the "Action game guys" and get work accordingly. I personally would think it would be cool to see them try to take on another genres. Could you imagine a Platinum RPG, Puzzle Game, or even a shooter?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As someone that knows poo poo about Godzilla, every time I hear the opening for his theme I keep expecting it to be followed by GET THE gently caress UP SIMON SAYS GET THE gently caress UP

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

Nah you don't know what you're talking about. It's the only way I'll watch a movie in a theater now. There's a small chain in the Boston/southern New Hampshire area called Chunky's Cinema Pub that has you sit at a rectangular table in car seats ripped straight out of old Lincolns that recline, and has decent food, though it can very rapidly get pricy for what amounts to chain restaurant food. The pub fries and High Noon BBQ nachos are well worth it though, and you can order a pitcher of margarita or bucket of beer if you want.

http://www.chunkys.com/

As a tall person with long legs, I can't sit in cramped theater seats without my legs hurting after a while or at least being extremely uncomfortable. The seats in Chunky's alleviate that entirely. Also, the matinee tickets are six bucks, it's dirt cheap to see a movie there. I think Showcase Cinemas is like, 14 bucks per ticket at this point, and they've got the lovely sticky floors and garbage seating and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqZFWKbTZU
(video is kind of obnoxious but shows what the theater is like inside)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

cmykjester posted:

I would definitely love a Platinum Berserk game. I know this may be a weird a opinion but I kind of want to see Platinum being able to branch out a little more. I feel like they have just become the "Action game guys" and get work accordingly. I personally would think it would be cool to see them try to take on another genres. Could you imagine a Platinum RPG, Puzzle Game, or even a shooter?

They made a shooter, it's called Vanquish. For the RPG stuff, Scalebound may have you covered.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

As someone that knows poo poo about Godzilla, every time I hear the opening for his theme I keep expecting it to be followed by GET THE gently caress UP SIMON SAYS GET THE gently caress UP

I always expected to hear DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

They made a shooter, it's called Vanquish. For the RPG stuff, Scalebound may have you covered.

Or Nier 2.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I love VanQuish, and am looking forward to Scalebound. What I am basically saying I am afraid of them making the same game over and over because of their reputation. I'm sure the Transformers game will be good but it just feels like they are treading similar ground.

It's similar to how I feel about the souls games where I'm pretty cold on Dark Souls III because at this point I've played like 4 of them and it's getting a little bit stale at this point.

I'll probably still play both and I feel like Nier has the potential to be one of the best games ever. I just like seeing people attempt to tread new ground.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cmykjester posted:

Yeah I love VanQuish, and am looking forward to Scalebound. What I am basically saying I am afraid of them making the same game over and over because of their reputation. I'm sure the Transformers game will be good but it just feels like they are treading similar ground.

It's similar to how I feel about the souls games where I'm pretty cold on Dark Souls III because at this point I've played like 4 of them and it's getting a little bit stale at this point.

I'll probably still play both and I feel like Nier has the potential to be one of the best games ever. I just like seeing people attempt to tread new ground.

I will gladly play a new souls game every 1-2 years for the rest of my life.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

cmykjester posted:

Platinum Berserk would be interesting. Most of Platinum's games involve an agile and highly mobile main character, basically Serpico. Guts, on the other hand, is basically a human killdozer, smashing through enemies with frightening strength and unflinching focus. He gets more jumpy/dashy when the Berserker Armor activates (there's your DT right there), but for the most part he uses his wits, muscle, and focus to win fights.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I just extra found it funny when Liam was all "Ugh, these people who go JUST because it was a japanese movie, fuckin weebs..." when it pretty much seems his whole life and most of his interests outside of his semi-country upbringing hinge on "So... this was made in japan huh?"

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I just realized Tormentum is basically Silent Hill 2.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

theCalamity posted:

I just realized Tormentum is basically Silent Hill 2.

They're practically the same game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk what Woolie's obsession was with trying to prove the Souls games were better Berserk games than what would fit with Platinum, because he's super wrong. The KLK game would fit for sure, but man he was like trying desperately to explain why he didn't want a Berserk platinum game.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Of all franchises for Platinum to make a character action game out of, Berserk is like, the MOST fitting. Either that or FotNS.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
only if it has Tough Boy, the other forgotten FotNS opening

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I sincerely hope we get a blind playthrough of ride to hell 2

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Of all franchises for Platinum to make a character action game out of, Berserk is like, the MOST fitting. Either that or FotNS.

My only concern in this scenario would be the story. I'd prefer something smaller in scale, sort of what Guts' Rage did.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

holy poo poo that looks really bad.

Man, Itagaki really poo poo his career super hard.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

The boss shooting directly at the player nonstop and still missing is a nice touch.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

KLK is not worthy of this threads time much less a video game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

KLK was pretty bad both compared to the director's previous work and in general.

From and Platinum could both make really rad Berserk games.

E:
I would also accept a Jojo Part 4 game, or a Cromartie game as Matt suggested, from the Yakuza devs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Nah you don't know what you're talking about. It's the only way I'll watch a movie in a theater now. There's a small chain in the Boston/southern New Hampshire area called Chunky's Cinema Pub that has you sit at a rectangular table in car seats ripped straight out of old Lincolns that recline, and has decent food, though it can very rapidly get pricy for what amounts to chain restaurant food. The pub fries and High Noon BBQ nachos are well worth it though, and you can order a pitcher of margarita or bucket of beer if you want.

http://www.chunkys.com/

As a tall person with long legs, I can't sit in cramped theater seats without my legs hurting after a while or at least being extremely uncomfortable. The seats in Chunky's alleviate that entirely. Also, the matinee tickets are six bucks, it's dirt cheap to see a movie there. I think Showcase Cinemas is like, 14 bucks per ticket at this point, and they've got the lovely sticky floors and garbage seating and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqZFWKbTZU
(video is kind of obnoxious but shows what the theater is like inside)

That looks like a great way to be constantly annoyed while you're trying to watch a movie. So, thanks for the prime example I guess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope, you're still wrong! But I'll keep enjoying the superior movie experience and you can keep going to lovely old style theaters without ever having tried it. :)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

KLK is really awesome and super fun and entertaining, it's kinetic inertia and pacing is perfect and the action is super cool. You guys are loving boring dullards if you weren't thoroughly entertained by KLK, not a single moment was wasted in that cool little series.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah no moments wasted except for mako's family, those classic molestation scenes, anything with nudist beach, etc, etc, etc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

KLK is really awesome and super fun and entertaining, it's kinetic inertia and pacing is perfect and the action is super cool. You guys are loving boring dullards if you weren't thoroughly entertained by KLK, not a single moment was wasted in that cool little series.

Where did you pull this quote from?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Yeah no moments wasted except for mako's family, those classic molestation scenes, anything with nudist beach, etc, etc, etc

I'll obviously give you the second one, but Nudist Beach and Mako's familty were cool, gently caress off. KLK was at its best when it was silly as gently caress high-school adventure anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

I'll obviously give you the second one, but Nudist Beach and Mako's familty were cool, gently caress off. KLK was at its best when it was silly as gently caress high-school adventure anyway.

He was saying that Mako's family were the best characters and were not in the show enough and Nudist Beach was completely wasted because they showed up and were established and did all of nothing after Aikuro exposits to Ryuko about life fibers. There's also a million other things the show drops the ball on and this is not counting the already established molestation and incest.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

Where did you pull this quote from?

Me. I said it. Other than some really stupid and questionable decisions (the whole creepy thing and the stupid costume designs), Kill La Kill was super entertaining to watch and really had kickass pacing and design and action. There hasn't been an action series so well paced like that in a while and really had a good way of visually communicating the action and general hysteria, the backgrounds were really awesome color wise, it really drew you into the action and really communicated the hype super hard. I think it's an extremely solid 9/10, with the one point for stupid decisions they made like the creepiness and costume designs and ending. I thought it was a really charming in how utterly it just bulldozed forward and didn't take itself super seriously but at the same time made some loving awesome fighting and action in general.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 15, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Nope, you're still wrong! But I'll keep enjoying the superior movie experience and you can keep going to lovely old style theaters without ever having tried it. :)

Is this really, sincerely something you are acting smug and superior about? Really?

edit: Before you say "you're doing the same thing", I already said before that it is my opinion that it looks like a crappy way to watch a movie. You are acting like I'm objectively wrong because you have personal issues with movie theaters which is like what??

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 15, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

The mom had some moments and Mohawk's fight is good but the son, husband, and dog suck, and NB never actually does poo poo. Mako herself goes back and forth between funny bits and completely ruining scenes that were THIS CLOSE to actually having a set tone. Really though the big problem is just that Ryuko and Ragyo are a terrible heroine and villain combo. Cut Ragyo and all those repetitive loving bits where Ryuko gives up fighting, and just have it be 13 episodes of Ryuko vs Team Satsuki.

Also just let them fight with the uniform mode Kamui because they look a billion times cooler.

E: the best Imaishi series is P&S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Chief posted:

He was saying that Mako's family were the best characters and were not in the show enough and Nudist Beach was completely wasted because they showed up and were established and did all of nothing after Aikuro exposits to Ryuko about life fibers. There's also a million other things the show drops the ball on and this is not counting the already established molestation and incest.

Oh, nevermind then, I read it completely wrong. Probably shouldn't reply to the thread while watching subbed stuff, too much information for my brain. In that case we're completely in agreement.

KLK had a very good start, then it kinda shat the bed. I still think it's fine, though the blatant fanservice and...those scenes make it less palatable on hindsight.