Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Mendrian posted:

Honestly the worst case scenario for Loomer is that they open some kind of White Wolf vault and release three hundred new books.

all of them about the rich supernatural history of gary, indiana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FutureFriend posted:

all of them about the rich supernatural history of gary, indiana
I would love a book all about Gary, Indiana because I have been through there and you couldn't loving pay me to actually stop in it, my god. There has to be some kind of rank 5+ maeljin of despair living in that city.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

They make BJ Zanzibar's site canon. :unsmigghh:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

So much time spent on the site in the mid 90's I think I even submittedsomething onetime.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My favorite is still the were-squirrel who's Crinos form was +5/+4/+5.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

My favorite is still the were-squirrel who's Crinos form was +5/+4/+5.

That's ridiculous, it'd be +5/+5/+5

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Let us not forget the serious enough to have multiple revisions and paragraph upon paragraph about how they'd interact with the other splats Barney-Hunters.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Loomer posted:

Yeah, that would actually be ideal for me. I'm already planning to end the project when V5 comes out if it isn't already done by then (I'll still finish it, but that'll be my cut off for 'no new books, someone else can take over if they really want' unless OPP/nWW start paying me to do this which is about as likely as me suddenly becoming King of Liberia) so it'd be nice for it to be complete without more books coming in the future. When I started this V20 wasn't even a Thing (that was in its old, really terrible iteration), so I never intended to walk into the hell that is them releasing new books and it was always meant to end. And to be honest, my interest in it has waned. I have more useful things to do with my time these days, so while I still enjoy it, I'm looking forward to it being over. Between coming towards the end of law school, growing responsibilities to my family, Lodges, and other fraternal orders, along with romantic relationships, my free time is dying off. If I'm going to spend chunks of it on terrible roleplaying games from the 90s and 2000s, I want it to be in the form of sitting around a table rolling dice and drinking whiskey with mates.

These final stages are taking so long in large part because of that reduced free time and having better things to spend it on. In the worst (best? Both?) case of me losing interest entirely, I'll publicly release the data and let people finish cleaning and adding to it so that it isn't wasted effort, though I still anticipate actually finishing it myself. The upside of it for other fans of course is that the lion's share is done, and it's a hell of a lot easier to update book by book (reading, what, 10 books a year these days?) than it is to read literally hundreds of thousands of pages of old content, so if anyone does take up the torch - and I kind of hope someone does - they'll have a much easier, less superspergy job ahead of them.

Have any plans to have a short section going over the aborted Exalted connections? Stuff like what splat is analogous to what or stuff like the Scarlet Empress that are a thing in both if I remember right.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Relevant Tangent posted:

DEATHSKATERS

DEATHSKATERS posted:

Advantages and Weaknesses
Skaters can perform sexually with no blood loss, due to the overwhelming hormones of a teen they posses. Skaters can defy gravity on their skateboards.

Merits and Flaws
Can't Skate: (3 point flaw) The skater must also take Sire's Resentment unless said sire also has this flaw.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Yawgmoth posted:

I would love a book all about Gary, Indiana because I have been through there and you couldn't loving pay me to actually stop in it, my god. There has to be some kind of rank 5+ maeljin of despair living in that city.

I'll admit, I've always had a soft spot for the Gary Indiana setting. I mean, it was just a mini-writeup crammed into the back of the book, and even spelled out "this is just a starting point for the Chicago setting", but even so it always kind of stuck with me. Maybe its because I'm from Chicago originally, and/or have been through Gary plenty of times. I just really dug the mood of this decaying modern wasteland being home to a handful of broken and odd immortals. Modius always just felt perfect to me, this elder vampire who essentially picked the wrong city a century ago and has sat there rotting ever since.

Later vampire NPCs seemed more and more to be competent and together, even a lot of the malkavians. City politics more or less "worked", and the game moved more towards stylized "politics" and combat (and then ironically complained that people were doing it wrong with their PCs). But Gary always felt more in line with the desired mood of the original gameline, with broken people playing broken games in the ruins of the modern city.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I can't really imagine how a straight game of Vampire is meant to be fun. I mean I was in MPA school for a little while and I wouldn't want to roleplay as part of a massive and petty politics-laden bureaucracy, let alone make a living in one. At least a setting like Shadowrun, which has its monolithic and inhumane systems of power, is somewhat dynamic. At first the whole "ancient chessmasters are always fifteen steps ahead" thing seems cool but it ends up being kind of dull.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

I can't really imagine how a straight game of Vampire is meant to be fun. I mean I was in MPA school for a little while and I wouldn't want to roleplay as part of a massive and petty politics-laden bureaucracy, let alone make a living in one. At least a setting like Shadowrun, which has its monolithic and inhumane systems of power, is somewhat dynamic. At first the whole "ancient chessmasters are always fifteen steps ahead" thing seems cool but it ends up being kind of dull.
That's when you bust out your overpowered boxer rebellion veteran gangrel and take them out and diablerize them in mist form. (of course I did this accidentally in cod)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Basic Chunnel posted:

To be fair, the whole ancient-chessmasters thing is much less a...thing, in nVamp. The day to day of a Vampire game in nVamp is struggles over territory, petty insults, and the ways in which you piss people off by doing the clearly acceptable and apolitical stuff you want to do.

I take this mostly from an Ordo perspective because that's basically all I usually play or want to play, but like...a lot of Vampire is just the PCs pissing people off and that becoming a recurring pissing match.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i have a feeling that any character i made in oWoD would be constructed around the goal of "diablerize Caine, then God" in much the same way that all my ideas for nWoD changeling eventually come back to "how feasible would it be to make a dirty bomb out of iron filings and then shove it through the Hedge to Arcadia"

i'm a creature of simple tastes (and should probably stick to Mage because it's clearly what i was meant to play)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's basically a question of how you're going to gently caress that up. The ancient chessmasters 15 steps ahead is the lie the Camarilla tells, the truth is that they're centuries old monsters with powers you don't understand, but on the other hand the last time they understood how the world worked horsepower was literally a horse. If you're not going to gently caress up the ancient chess game, what are you going to do instead? It's basically about how you're going to meet your needs in a completely new environment, and oh yeah, you're basically the remnants of some other dude riding around on this implacable hunger for blood but if you admit that everything around you will annihilate you rather than confront the truth of their own existence.

There was an entire clan built around diablerizing God, it worked out really well for everyone involved.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Yawgmoth posted:

Desiden posted:

I'll admit, I've always had a soft spot for the Gary Indiana setting. I mean, it was just a mini-writeup crammed into the back of the book, and even spelled out "this is just a starting point for the Chicago setting", but even so it always kind of stuck with me. Maybe its because I'm from Chicago originally, and/or have been through Gary plenty of times. I just really dug the mood of this decaying modern wasteland being home to a handful of broken and odd immortals. Modius always just felt perfect to me, this elder vampire who essentially picked the wrong city a century ago and has sat there rotting ever since.

Later vampire NPCs seemed more and more to be competent and together, even a lot of the malkavians. City politics more or less "worked", and the game moved more towards stylized "politics" and combat (and then ironically complained that people were doing it wrong with their PCs). But Gary always felt more in line with the desired mood of the original gameline, with broken people playing broken games in the ruins of the modern city.

Good news! Dust To Dust is literally a campaign set in Gary, Indiana. I did a brief write up of it in this thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712435&pagenumber=218&perpage=40#post462766434

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Can every Requiem vampire do post-mortem Embraces, or only the Mekhet?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

The important thing to remember is that literally all of that stuff is an irrelevant sideshow to the all-important goal of fighting the Souleaters and their parasitic space disease masquerading as a Discipline.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pope Guilty posted:

All of them can, Mekhet just do it more often.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Pope Guilty posted:

Any of the Kindred can perform a post-mortem Embrace, though outside Clan Mekhet, the practice is either so uncommon as to be nearly unknown (1e), or known but considered unclean and distasteful (2e). In 2e, it can even occur through unintentional exposure of an appropriate corpse to potent Kindred blood.

1e suggests products of the post-mortem Embrace often show quirks of their undead nature, such as nonstandard Disciplines.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

xanthan posted:

Have any plans to have a short section going over the aborted Exalted connections? Stuff like what splat is analogous to what or stuff like the Scarlet Empress that are a thing in both if I remember right.

No, I don't actually know a great deal about Exalted so it'd require me to read a whole lot more stuff to do it. Exalted's also never really managed to appeal to me. I guess watching Lost Boys and the buffy movie as a kid wired me to like terrible 90s vampire stuff and I just didn't have an equivalent primer for Exalted.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
There are basically zero significant connections anyway.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Did they remove soak rolls from 2e nWod? I have been looking through VTR 2e and didn't see them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They haven't been in nWoD ever.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
I have been playing nWod wrong for quite some time then.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

psudonym55 posted:

I have been playing nWod wrong for quite some time then.

Like... how were you even figuring them? They're not listed anywhere or have any way to derive them in the 1e core. There's just a static Defense value.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014

bewilderment posted:

Like... how were you even figuring them? They're not listed anywhere or have any way to derive them in the 1e core. There's just a static Defense value.
Roll stamina, each success reduces damage by 1. The only gm I ever had for nWod had a bad habit of mixing up VTM and VTR rules. Pretty sure I got it from there.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
I have questions. Questions about angels.

Do angels in Cover count as being Manifested? Are they immune to Essence bleed? Do they have to stay within Open Infrastructure? Does tapping them with their Bane cause them to immediately be shunted into Twilight, assuming they fail the roll? Do they still only take bashing damage from lethal attacks despite to all appearances being human? Can they use their angelic powers? If yes, do they have any incentive to take angelic form other than shock & awe?

Further, how does an angel's Essence economy work? Since many angels don't have cultists, a habit of preying on other angels or the Numina necessary to steal from other entities, by RAW their only way to regain Essence is to spend time around Infrastructure, which they then consume as fast as they get it just to stay active. Does that mean they only have so much Essence to spend? Does the God-Machine send them out with a finite amount of "spending money" and if they blow through all of it, tough poo poo? There are references to angels being "refueled" by Infrastructure, though. Does that imply that angels who run out must enter a facility and voluntarily hibernate for weeks, or do they have a faster way to top off?

What's the limit on what counts as "Infrastructure", anyway? Does a hunter angel have to return "home" to "rest" every day, or does its current "hunting ground" count as part of the Infrastructure that sustains it?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Someone asked this on the Onyx Path forums and a persuasive-to-me answer was that angels do follow those rules as a basic template, but the God-Machine has effectively unlimited Essence available to feed angels with, unless you want to do a story where they're starving due to badly maintained local Infrastructure. They're not out there on their own like some rogue spirit or ghost. I honestly don't think about the ephemeral entity rules too much when I run Demon, but a simple answer would be "Cover is a Manifestation Condition that prevents Essence bleed as long as the angel is following the mission that Cover was created for."

e: if you think of it in terms of spy fiction, a CIA agent or corporate enforcer on the job still needs to actually spend money from their paymaster to get things done in the field, but they're not going to run into a situation where The Establishment literally can't afford to buy them a hotel room or w/e.

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 22, 2016

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
This is a kind of bizarre question but I'm trying to learn how to Storyteller. This has mostly taken the form of running a 'Vampire Slice-of-Unlife' game for a friend (They requested a lower-stakes game with no grand conspiracies or her lone Mekhet saving the city, which I'm happy to oblige them until I get my legs under me for how to eyeball challenges appropriately).

I'm currently shamelessly ripping off an early mission from Bloodlines and having her go after some mortal thugs that injured/killed a ghoul to get revenge and retrieve a macguffin, but I'm trying to think up some minor tasks that she might get called on to do, since I'm still using the 'You need blood' and 'The covenant wants you to Do A Thing' as primary motivations right now. There are plenty of '100 free Vampire plots!' but a lot of them are much larger scale than what I want.

Can anyone point me at a good place for ideas?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
You could maybe re-flavor some of these: https://boccobsblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/101-dd-quest-ideas/

Like, you can change this:

quote:

Slavers are capturing peasants and merchants on the highway and selling them to mindflayers

to this:

quote:

Humans are capturing ghouls in the sewers and selling them to creepy doctors

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Crasical posted:

This is a kind of bizarre question but I'm trying to learn how to Storyteller. This has mostly taken the form of running a 'Vampire Slice-of-Unlife' game for a friend (They requested a lower-stakes game with no grand conspiracies or her lone Mekhet saving the city, which I'm happy to oblige them until I get my legs under me for how to eyeball challenges appropriately).

I'm currently shamelessly ripping off an early mission from Bloodlines and having her go after some mortal thugs that injured/killed a ghoul to get revenge and retrieve a macguffin, but I'm trying to think up some minor tasks that she might get called on to do, since I'm still using the 'You need blood' and 'The covenant wants you to Do A Thing' as primary motivations right now. There are plenty of '100 free Vampire plots!' but a lot of them are much larger scale than what I want.

How's this: Someone from the local paranormal tabloid managed to spot your player doing rather overt supernatural poo poo and has now hired private investigators to figure out their name so that it may be run as a big expose on vampires. Word about this reaches the ears of the player's superiors, who now wish to teach them a lesson in personal responsibility by making them clean up their own mess.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Crasical posted:

Find a lever to pull that consistently gets a reaction from the player. Usually this is something they have already told you that they are interested in - you've already got Covenant membership as a thing they're interested in but look also at Clan, any allies or mortal friends the character might have, Aspirations if you're playing CoD and finally anything related to their general character concept. "Something potentially malevolent and supernatural has intruded into X person's life, go deal with it" is the smallest unit of most supernatural stories. A <ghost> is <haunting> your <mortal grandmother> or the like. Most things in Vampire should either come back to other vampires or the state of being undead, ultimately, just to keep things on-theme, but that's a huge amount of flexibility for most games. Games get too big when they focus on elders and larger conspiracies. Focus on neonates and small, petty conspiracies instead.

* A local vampire owned an ethnic restaurant when they were alive and now their (still living) children own it; they try to eliminate competition from afar. This has resulted in a lot of strife in the neighborhood, particularly as the locals aren't really sure who is behind the wave of vandalism and violence against local restaurants. Characters might care if an ally is affected, or perhaps a covenant middle-manager suspects the involvement of hunters or other supernaturals.

* Another local vampire uses their leverage over a group of five specific police officers to bully and rob local gangs. A vampire with inroads in the gangs is asking for help dealing with what he perceives to be very aggressive cops who turn out to be ghouls.

* A group of 3 or 4 drueger have taken up residence in the sewer and have been feeding on animals. While they are attracting unwanted attention, they also seem to have a crude society of sorts and display slightly higher intelligence than is typical for their kind.

Stuff like that. These are small stories that can be one-and-done or spun into something bigger.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Kellsterik posted:

Someone asked this on the Onyx Path forums and a persuasive-to-me answer was that angels do follow those rules as a basic template, but the God-Machine has effectively unlimited Essence available to feed angels with, unless you want to do a story where they're starving due to badly maintained local Infrastructure. They're not out there on their own like some rogue spirit or ghost. I honestly don't think about the ephemeral entity rules too much when I run Demon, but a simple answer would be "Cover is a Manifestation Condition that prevents Essence bleed as long as the angel is following the mission that Cover was created for."

e: if you think of it in terms of spy fiction, a CIA agent or corporate enforcer on the job still needs to actually spend money from their paymaster to get things done in the field, but they're not going to run into a situation where The Establishment literally can't afford to buy them a hotel room or w/e.
Physics / metaphysics is one of those things that tends to come up a lot in Demon, for better or worse. Sure, one assumes that angels in the field always have the aether / essence tap on (much in the same way a demon who has Gone Loud does), but one of the tricks in the Demon lore that you sort of have to (well, you don't have to, but it's nice to) square with play is that the God Machine's power is only seemingly infinite - it a physical thing and literally everything it does requires some physical cost and expenditure. 99% of the time a demon goes on the offensive against the GM, they're trying to disrupt a supply line.

Thematically, it would make sense if angels could be disrupted in the same way - say, by isolating them and wearing them down. Angels are stupendously powerful and it would be about the most foolhardy thing a demon could ever attempt short of storming command infrastructure (also, far costlier and less clever than simply manipulating an angel into falling), but it ought to be possible. Then again, if I'm remembering correctly, ghosts gain essence when acting or existing in proximity with the emotions or places that anchor them to the material world, and if the same goes for angels then it should be literally impossible to try and outlast an angel that is devoted to hunting you.

Speaking of which, since an angel is principally an entity in Twilight that manifests materially, is there any real long-term point to destroying its material body? It's said that the angelic body is so costly to produce that hunter angels are more repo men than hit men, but if the body of an angel is in twilight, besting it in combat just causes their projection to dissipate. Definitely a setback but nothing that affects them long-term.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Daeren posted:

It's not omniscient, it merely has the most terrifyingly comprehensive intelligence-gathering system that could ever exist. It sets up Infrastructure for a number of reasons, but one of the biggest is to get what it needs to where it needs it. You knock out the right bits of Infrastructure, and if it's not flying blind in an area, it might at least be flying without hands.

Though, even without Infrastructure, angels are constantly gathering intelligence in the field, and cultists can report if sufficiently informed on what's needed. Hell, all it might have to do is tell the cultists "Go find me three senile widowers with type O blood" and let them go handle it. It's not the most efficient or guaranteed method of doing it, but it might not have the resources required to do it the right way.

That's an important thing to remember - the God-Machine is not omnipotent. It is working off a set of resources and opportunities, and in any given area, it might end up being stretched too thin to do everything it wants at 100% efficiency. This is especially possible if a plucky ring of demons starts smashing important things with sledgehammers, requiring it to divert resources from neighboring sectors to send some hunter-killer angels in, which weaken those sectors, which give those demons opportunities, and so on. It's a gargantuan mechanistic process with staggering amounts of redundancies to cover for moments like this, but it's quite possible that a sneak attack at something particularly vulnerable can send an entire region's timetable off a cliff.

This is part of why the God-Machine likes to stay hidden, in my book. A statistically insignificant chunk of humanity screwing with its plans is an annoyance. Seven billion people smashing anything that the people who can see the gears point at is a considerably larger problem, and while it could be solved with temporal manipulation or just sending in the archangels, that, again, costs a shitload of resources. Far, far simpler to just stay quiet and keep its manipulations so secret and bizarre nobody can really stop it. That, and it's mentioned a few times as being more or less completely okay with the status quo, to the point where it cleans up other supernatural messes on occasion.
Replying to an old post here, but my interpretation of the God Machine's always been moeled after a La Carre intelligence service on steroids. It is omniscient - some of the fiction hints toward the possibility that the God Machine really does have the number of every insurgent Demon out there - but it's also, in its way, a massive and chaotic bureaucracy.

The GM is a terrifyingly powerful entity operating well, well, well below capacity. Any demon at any time could be made dead to rights by the mountains of surveillance transcripts, photos, and profile analysis that the GM keeps on them. But the God Machine and its angels are not creative - they don't realize what they have until other circumstances put them in a position to analyze it and act on it. It's why approaching or even making collaborating with non-hunter angels is (usually) not the catastrophic mistake it initially appears to be. As a field agent, an angel's encounter with a non-hostile demon will be logged in its daily report. It's only dangerous to the demon if the angel's superiors notice the encounter in the log and decide it's something to investigate. That can happen, but there's no guarantee that it will both ping the radar in the first place and provoke a concerted response against the demon. Not immediately, at least.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 23, 2016

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Kellsterik posted:

I honestly don't think about the ephemeral entity rules too much when I run Demon, but a simple answer would be "Cover is a Manifestation Condition that prevents Essence bleed as long as the angel is following the mission that Cover was created for."

I normally don't either, but this time I've got hunter angels on my players and I'm trying to get a feel for their limits. Particularly their endurance, and whether they can be chased off by their bane like a normal materialized entity.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Physics / metaphysics is one of those things that tends to come up a lot in Demon, for better or worse. Sure, one assumes that angels in the field always have the aether / essence tap on (much in the same way a demon who has Gone Loud does), but one of the tricks in the Demon lore that you sort of have to (well, you don't have to, but it's nice to) square with play is that the God Machine's power is only seemingly infinite - it a physical thing and literally everything it does requires some physical cost and expenditure. 99% of the time a demon goes on the offensive against the GM, they're trying to disrupt a supply line.

One thing I keep being reminded of is how resource collection is flavored in Warhammmer 40k: Dawn of War. Rather than an actual resources like gold or mineral, it trades in Requisition, because even though relative to you the Imperium/craftworld/warp has effectively unlimited resources, those resources are stretched over an entire galaxy and if you want a piece of the cake you're gonna have to prove you're worth it.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Then again, if I'm remembering correctly, ghosts gain essence when acting or existing in proximity with the emotions or places that anchor them to the material world, and if the same goes for angels then it should be literally impossible to try and outlast an angel that is devoted to hunting you.

Hanging around their anchors is just their maintenance supply, the equivalent of how angels are sustained by Infrastructure. A ghost gets bonus Essence from being remembered; it's spirits that can soak up extra juice from things that are particularly resonant with their nature. As I said, angels by default only get it from Infrastructure or when mortals sacrifice things to them.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Speaking of which, since an angel is principally an entity in Twilight that manifests materially, is there any real long-term point to destroying its material body? It's said that the angelic body is so costly to produce that hunter angels are more repo men than hit men, but if the body of an angel is in twilight, besting it in combat just causes their projection to dissipate. Definitely a setback but nothing that affects them long-term.

A materialized entity isn't just projecting; its actually, physically there. Its just that physical or twilight, destroying the body only takes it out of action for [Corpus] days at most. To truly destroy an ephemeral entity you must destroy it and empty its Essence reserves. You can do that partly because inflicting aggravated damage (generally through its Bane) causes the entity to lose Essence - but almost all of them have way more Essence than Corpus, which is another reason I'm pondering just how much a hunter has to work with.

The entity does reform somewhere, though, and fobree angel that will always be an actual place on Earth - or there abouts. If you can figure it out where its home base is, after you "kill" it it should be relatively easy to go there and finish the jib.

Of course there's also an argument that if an angel gets destroyed by mortals or uppity demons th GM is pretty likely to just go "well this unit is clearly defective" and scrap it, but thats ST fiat territory.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
White Wolf survey, here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HT8GSSP Takes 15-20 minutes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Aww, they're so gung-ho about LARPing

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Aww, they're so gung-ho about LARPing

I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Night10194 posted:

I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Because the people who bought out White Wolf bought it first and foremost for their LARPs and not for the tabletop game that people actually bought and played.