Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im just gonna play dragon quest until the 18th instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The good news is it means we'll have one more IB where you can stunt on low light scrubs, assuming you poopsock your way to 400 light in the next couple weeks which shouldn't be too hard considering we've all figured out the best ways to level up.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Considering I'm already at like 385 I'm not even going to bother banking poo poo.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Super No Vacancy posted:

im just gonna play dragon quest until the 18th instead

This is the pro strat actually

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Would you guys use this in Crucible? With HCR, of course.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

In case some people aren't using PGS, we are still trying to get a 6th person to blindly raid WOTM tonight at 8PM CST. We're mostly in 360s so no pressure or anything, just having fun figuring out as much as we can on our own.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

FordCQC posted:

Would you guys use this in Crucible? With HCR, of course.

Unfortunately no. I like scout rifles, and you have a solid one, but they're hard to use when drag-snipers can kill your long range game and almost everything else will meet or beat you closer.

If you like it though go ahead. It can only make you better to learn how to make it work.

Psychic Fetus
Nov 5, 2009
I just fell into a PS4 and have had an interest in Destiny since its release, but since it was never on PC it never mattered. Now thats changed so I ask as someone who has time to commit to grinding but no friends that currently play it. Is this worth buying? My understanding is its sort of borderlandish FPS RPG. I nearly bought it used for 5 bucks but the store clerk told me not to as its unplayable without the updates and dlc content etc. So enlighten me or point me to where this question has already been answered. Its available for 60 bucks on the psn store with everything i think...

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Destiny isn't super grindy unless you make it to be. There's some fun pve stuff to do, and some pretty polarizing PVP stuff (it's awesome or terrible). PS4 goons are pretty chill and were usually doing something. The guns aren't totally random but rather all fit different archetypes and then have random perks and sights and stuff that can make two of the same gun kinda different. Different classes are fun and the various sub classes are all pretty good.

If you shoot stuff for an hour or two each night it's not bad and if you wanna sperg and minmax everything you can do that too.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Destiny isn't super grindy unless you make it to be. There's some fun pve stuff to do, and some pretty polarizing PVP stuff (it's awesome or terrible). PS4 goons are pretty chill and were usually doing something. The guns aren't totally random but rather all fit different archetypes and then have random perks and sights and stuff that can make two of the same gun kinda different. Different classes are fun and the various sub classes are all pretty good.

If you shoot stuff for an hour or two each night it's not bad and if you wanna sperg and minmax everything you can do that too.

Destiny is a beautiful but insane woman with a good puss game. You hate yourself for not being able to say no but you keep going back.

Buy it.

gently caress twilight thigh gap. Only played trials on it once dont know good strats.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
200 SC and no Ophidians. I'm done with the game for a while.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Xur is selling non legacy glove engrams. Just buy those.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Xur is selling non legacy glove engrams. Just buy those.

That's what I did. 8 saved glove engrams, 100 SC a week+ in 3oC, 200 in coins of glove engrams today.

It's basically a game breaker requirement in high end matches now and it's rng locked. Be back when Xur sells it.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 14, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
For some reason I thought you meant 3ofC

Well that's RNG for ya

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's basically a game breaker requirement in high end matches now and it's rng locked. Be back when Xur sells it.

what about titans and hunters?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Awesome! posted:

They can get hosed

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm probably average at crucible (gold or silver on all game types on guardian.gg), but I think crucible is one of the best parts of this game. It's got problems, but it's really satisfying and fun any time I play. The raiding and PVE content is solid enough to make this one of two games I keep coming back to (the other being rocket league).

Psychic Fetus
Nov 5, 2009
Ok so ill buy this destiny, but is there any truth to needing all of this dlc or can i get the original and play it through until the dlc for each expansion, or is it all or nothing?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy the collection with all the stuff for $60

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Emron posted:

I'm probably average at crucible (gold or silver on all game types on guardian.gg), but I think crucible is one of the best parts of this game. It's got problems, but it's really satisfying and fun any time I play. The raiding and PVE content is solid enough to make this one of two games I keep coming back to (the other being rocket league).

I was average too but I've been having real hard times lately with the pvp. I dunno if it's just because all the scrub players have moved on or if I've just become drastically worse. Having every player have a 50% win/loss doesn't seem to be a priority for the matchmaking system - I'm in the top 25% with 48%. Something definitely broke between TTK and ROI because my kdr has literally halved.

Crucible is cool in balanced matches but terrible when you're getting stomped every game. Doesn't help that a good portion of your endgame time needs to be spent there.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is this good? Going through my vault.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have no idea but that range looks pretty bad.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Day 1 drop whaddup

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Edit wrong thread

Calidus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 15, 2016

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is not like the others decent for pve at least? I just got a crowd control, hidden hand, explosive rounds and it seems like it'd be fun to tool around with

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Also LDR with underdog, perfect balance/HLS/oiled frame, mulligan

vs but not forgotten with perfect balance/hammer forged, AP rounds/snapshot, spray and play/life support

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also LDR with underdog, perfect balance/HLS/oiled frame, mulligan

vs but not forgotten with perfect balance/hammer forged, AP rounds/snapshot, spray and play/life support

Id go the not forgotten with PB, snap and life support for pvp.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Finally got the Adept pulse from the lighthouse.

Seems pretty decent. Wish it had full auto.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I really like mine even without snapshot. The hcr is niiiiice.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

I'm trying to think of a time where Warlocks weren't OP as poo poo, maybe during year 1?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Took me 10 engrams (190 SC) to get it.

I dunno what's up with Bungie's "Weighted towards what you don't already have" algorithm but it's not working very well. OA was literally the only exotic left in the game I didn't own and decrypting 3 Grasps followed by random Titan poo poo was pretty disheartening.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

qbert posted:

Took me 10 engrams (190 SC) to get it.

I dunno what's up with Bungie's "Weighted towards what you don't already have" algorithm but it's not working very well. OA was literally the only exotic left in the game I didn't own and decrypting 3 Grasps followed by random Titan poo poo was pretty disheartening.

I got two of them the first time I took my warlock through the raid.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

qbert posted:

Bungie's "Weighted towards what you don't already have" algorithm
i dont think this is a thing. or if it is it was programmed by literal apes.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I got my sick pythons pretty quickly after ROI dropped from an engram, but I've been decrypting special engrams with the same poo poo but no trespasser until just now. Bungie gonna bungie.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the only thing that is statedly weighted towards stuff you don't have is legacy engrams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did my first ever Raid which ended up being Vault of Glass and it was tremendous fun, thanks very much to the american goons I played with!

• Locked thread