Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Who wants a chance to win a PS5! (lol, lmao) Or just grab your 40 primos

https://hoyo.link/69MxBBAd

I guess the point is you draw cards and when you get all the unique ones you can grab your primos and get entered for the real prizes. There's a trade mechanism but also me and someone else just drew all the unique cards in order making it entirely pointless?

Anyway, have a video I tried to turn into a gif but failed at not making it either 30 MB or really lovely quality
https://i.imgur.com/UcXh1Ca.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Al-Haitham at 77 pulls off of the primos I got from that web event to stay above 20K. Lots of options open for if I want to get Dehya now. Can even consider going for some Hu Tao or Yelan constellations as well since I have nothing to lose really staying on 50/50 through the last 3 banners now.

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2023

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Just finished the quests (:() and got some new world quests afterwards(:toot:). That tribe, combined with the traveller's insane ignorance, sure is.. something.

Super spoilery about the falcon stuff with Tadhla: Gotta love it when the game forces you to fight your new friend. Except, oh, in this single fight, you kill the person. The traveller lets almost every evil person in the game just run off after beating them up a bit, but this brainwashed friend of ours SHALL DIE. Like, what the gently caress.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

valuum posted:

Just finished the quests (:() and got some new world quests afterwards(:toot:). That tribe, combined with the traveller's insane ignorance, sure is.. something.

Super spoilery about the falcon stuff with Tadhla: Gotta love it when the game forces you to fight your new friend. Except, oh, in this single fight, you kill the person. The traveller lets almost every evil person in the game just run off after beating them up a bit, but this brainwashed friend of ours SHALL DIE. Like, what the gently caress.
I've left this quest in my log for three days. you're all monsters for doing it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

No Wave posted:

I've left this quest in my log for three days. you're all monsters for doing it.

I thought it'd be like every other quest where you talk it out afterwards! lovely move mihoyo :(

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

valuum posted:

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous how heavy the game goes on that. Still, you've known her for like 3 days, she's just a person you know. Real hosed up how happy she is that you're beating on her, but whatever. Also, you should just be glad Babel had the sense to send her and not Jeht. Tadhla is just what Jeht's meant to be, and would be if her father hadn't left the tribe after Babel(maybe) tried to kill him off some indeterminate time ago.

No Wave posted:

The Azariq situation could have been totally avoided if she just asked him why he wanted to depose babel. I get that Jeht's already in too deep having assassinated so many people but Lumine and paimon could have pulled her back a bit sheesh.

Not really. There's no way he's walking back from his brilliant "marry jeht and rule the tribe from the shadows" plan. He's committed to that plan, Jeht's committed to doing what Babel asks so she has a place. The only thing that would nudge her off that is if Babel actually tried to get Jeht to disappear you like the rest of the tribe's elders.

No Wave posted:

The actual bad part of it is after that, really.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

welp prefarming done, 22k primos + 30 wishes to toss on getting C1 spy mommy tommorrow :pray:

good luck on your pulls everyone

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

welp prefarming done, 22k primos + 30 wishes to toss on getting C1 spy mommy tommorrow :pray:

good luck on your pulls everyone
I was hoping to see some leaks about the reruns in 3.5 by now. I might have to bail out and wait for an official announcement if I lose the 50-50.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

I was hoping to see some leaks about the reruns in 3.5 by now. I might have to bail out and wait for an official announcement if I lose the 50-50.

Cyno, Eula, Albedo are the rumored ones. Eula is all but confirmed, the other are :shrug:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just want my Lioness already. D:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

No Wave posted:

My progress on that chain is walled because there is a quest that's making me do something I do not want to do.

A quest requiring you to C6 Bennett?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when will ayaka be rerun already

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they didn't do any tie-in event for her skin either so presumably she has an event upcoming. if those end up being the characters next patch then they're also pushing the shenhe re-run out really far.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't know why, but for some reason I find Ayaka incredibly off-putting. She seems incredibly loved in the community though so I'm sure it's just a me thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She's voiced by Hayami Saori, aka Yor Forger. Just off that alone she's great.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I don't know why, but for some reason I find Ayaka incredibly off-putting. She seems incredibly loved in the community though so I'm sure it's just a me thing.
Ayaka is a years long phenomenon new players won't ever really be able to understand. There was all this talk during the first year of the game about people being obsessed with/saving for Ayaka (due to having a flashy kit in beta) that wasn't really true. Not many people like her looks and pretty much no one likes her personality. Her rerun was a six week long banner that caused everyone to roll her out of boredom + the previous year where abyss layouts pushed her really hard. But she has really good gameplay and can travel over water forever so she's fun to own and play. She's still probably my favorite character to use after a year and a half.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, I enjoy using her and don't care about anything else. She's fine. The costume is not particularly appealing.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ayaka falls under the "extremely boring, quiet, overworked girl" archetype that plagues this game. Throw them all in the garbage can and give me more weirdos like Fischl imo

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ayaya is still the only character in the game with an actual reasonably long skirt that goes below the knee in some places and flows nicely with her sprint and atttack animations.

Everyone else has leggings or pants or miniskirt-esque things or regular short skirts (above knee). The severe lack of long-skirted characters is a hideous oversight on hoyo's part. Give me nice long flowing fabrics dammit!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Vargs posted:

Ayaka falls under the "extremely boring, quiet, overworked girl" archetype that plagues this game. Throw them all in the garbage can and give me more weirdos like Fischl imo

Also - her story quest in the Inazuma chapters is just a long string of "OOOOH AYAKA AND THE TRAVELER SHOULD FALL IN LOVE. SHE LOOOOOOOVES YOU." which I felt didn't land at all.

The Yoimiya story quests was S-tier lighting fireworks with friends. The Ayaka story quest was D-tier boring girl simps for you.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

sushibandit posted:

Ayaya is still the only character in the game with an actual reasonably long skirt that goes below the knee in some places and flows nicely with her sprint and atttack animations.

Everyone else has leggings or pants or miniskirt-esque things or regular short skirts (above knee). The severe lack of long-skirted characters is a hideous oversight on hoyo's part. Give me nice long flowing fabrics dammit!

Her skirt flows with her animations really well, I have to imagine it was a massive pain for the Animators to get that working correctly.

I am a fan of Ayaka's base outfit, it has a bunch of details that basically boils down to what if someone crossed Samurai armor with a fancy Dress. Her attack chain flows into her charge attack really well and is fun to use.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I play so much ayaka. and I just can't bring myself to buy this. I don't even own it and this hat haunts me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
outfit sux

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ayaka is the proper perfect princess Yamato Nadeshiko archetype. You see anything more than a proper skirt and tights would serve to embarrass her and therefore is out of the question thus the attire. :colbert:

Also there's a surprising amount of fanart of her Springbloom Missive outfit.

Eimi posted:

She's voiced by Hayami Saori, aka Yor Forger. Just off that alone she's great.

That again also carries a lot of weight. At some point we're probably going to get a scene where somebody insults Onii-sama and then she'll do the whole ice princess thing and people will say the character is cool. Then again probably not, but she's supposed to be in the next event dueling somebody so there's a chance for her to do something besides act all proper and polite.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 7, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

No Wave posted:

I play so much ayaka. and I just can't bring myself to buy this. I don't even own it and this hat haunts me.

That is an incredible angle.

Good thing that's what you'd be looking at 95% of the time if you bought it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Also - her story quest in the Inazuma chapters is just a long string of "OOOOH AYAKA AND THE TRAVELER SHOULD FALL IN LOVE. SHE LOOOOOOOVES YOU." which I felt didn't land at all.

The Yoimiya story quests was S-tier lighting fireworks with friends. The Ayaka story quest was D-tier boring girl simps for you.

I hate her idle lines where she acts like she is perpetually on a date with the traveler. Lady, you are the only character present on-screen and you are here to murder some fungi because your element doesn't gently caress up their drop tables. Please stop asking where we're going for a romantic walk.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Vargs posted:

Not that Fischl isn't one of the best characters and we don't need more like her (we do,) but I'd rather have the current overworked girls get less overworked and have to figure out something else to fill some time.

I mean, most of them are doing it to themselves, and the one who isn't (Ganyu) is presumably more "not standing up for herself" than "in an actual horrible situation," unless Ninguang and Keqing are terrible people.

Jean learns to trust the people under her and properly delegate and suddenly has time to not be behind her desk.
Ganyu points out that currently she's doing so much work that three people couldn't cover for her and gets Ninguang hire more people.
Keqing just . . . stops being such a stick in the mud? Does she even have a reason she's overworked?

Peacetime gives Ayato way more time for his normal Yashiro Comission duties and suddenly Ayaka keeps getting ready to work on things only to find out they're already done.

Layla can stay overworked, because she's disabled and presumably has a normal amount of work with no accommodations, and as someone who also has debilitating sleep problems (here's hoping CPAP is basically loving magic and just hasn't kicked in yet), that is incredibly loving relatable in a way that "I am my own boss, and I have decided to be a really bad one" is not.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 7, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

I really hope the Hydro Archon is another chunni. "Magical Girl of Justice!" is right there, Hoyo!

Captain France posted:

unless Ninguang and Keqing are terrible people.

quote:

Keqing just . . . stops being such a stick in the mud? Does she even have a reason she's overworked?

Keqing overworks herself by choice partially to prove she isn't just a nepo baby, but mostly to prove humans can rule Liyue ENTIRELY BY THEMSELVES, Thank You Very Much, Geo Dad!

The problem is she inflicts her absurd standards on her employees, who always promptly quit inside of three months. That rate of turnover is not the marker of a good boss, Keqing!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ganyu is definitely doing it to herself, she's a magical adeptus who could just chill out in the mountains relaxing or screwing around with hobbies all day like her mom. But she's been choosing to fill out paperwork for 19 hours a day every day for the past several hundred years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's not that many actual Over Worked Women despite the memes

I wouldn't even say Ayaka is overworked, unless you just considered every Important head of a corporation or a high ranking family Overwork because, well the job is demanding.

Like Jean/Ganyu are clear examples of overworked because they are literally sleeping and nodding off during cutscenes. Maybe like 5 girls out of 40 are like that?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Yeah. What I mean by "unless Ninguang and Keqing are terrible people" is that presumably they don't realize how incredibly overworked Ganyu is or that it's a problem for her. Like, if she asked them to I assume they'd deal with it and get her down to a reasonable workload.
(I know from the lantern rite that Keqing knows Ganyu is a little overworked, but there is a difference between "I'll pull an all nighter for a big time sensitive thing" and "I work 19 hours a day.")

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Vargs posted:

give me more weirdos like Fischl imo

Is Faruzan one of these? I assumed her "hundreds of years old" thing was an act of some kind, but haven't bothered to play her to find out or look up her backstory.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

gandlethorpe posted:

Is Faruzan one of these? I assumed her "hundreds of years old" thing was an act of some kind, but haven't bothered to play her to find out or look up her backstory.

quote:

She is a renowned professor of the Sumeru Akademiya and member of the Haravatat Darshan. She recently returned to the Akademiya after solving a puzzle and escaping the ruins that trapped her a century ago.

EDIT: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Faruzan/Lore

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

should I level Tig, Collei, or Yaoyao next if I have a maxed Nahida and want more dendros especially for Abyss????????????????????

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

She was asleep for it. So she's more like a time traveler and the age stuff is a joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

faruzan was trapped in riven: the sequel to myst for 200 years

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Faruzan is Rip Van Winkle.

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

should I level Tig, Collei, or Yaoyao next if I have a maxed Nahida and want more dendros especially for Abyss????????????????????
Depends on whether you need damage, healing, or dendro output. Tigger can put out a good chunk of damage but does not have consistent dendro output compared to collei or yaoyao. Yaoyao's dendro output isn't fantastic, but it comes with healing which is always nice, etc. Collei is ...eh, DMC would probably be better unless Collei is high constellation?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

kk thats what I thought

it's a C3 Collei incidentally

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ganyu is definitely doing it to herself, she's a magical adeptus who could just chill out in the mountains relaxing or screwing around with hobbies all day like her mom. But she's been choosing to fill out paperwork for 19 hours a day every day for the past several hundred years.

Ganyu needs to be in the next Golden Apple, just so she can finally take a drat vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

faruzan was trapped in riven: the sequel to myst for 200 years
As if anyone could beat Riven without a guide in only 200 years.