Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Good riddick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

beast

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bartok posted:

LOL WWE is owned by the guy Jeremy Piven played on Entourage.

Psyched for Summerfest.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I assume he knows but I'm honestly surprised. I could see what stops a UFC fan from being a fan of WWE (hell I know what can stop anyone from being a fan from WWE), but what specifically about UFC stops WWE fans from crossing over?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

I assume he knows but I'm honestly surprised. I could see what stops a UFC fan from being a fan of WWE (hell I know what can stop anyone from being a fan from WWE), but what specifically about UFC stops WWE fans from crossing over?

I don't particularly want to watch people intentionally try to hurt each other.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
The fighters don't stop in the middle of bouts to talk to each other. UFC just doesn't understand cinema.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When I was younger I liked watching boxing and wrestling. I don't watch boxing anymore mostly because I don't have HBO.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dana white please hold a mortal kombat style wwe tournament on your private island

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dana white please hold a mortal kombat style wwe tournament on your private island

That actually brings up something i hadn't thought of. WWE is billions of dollars into sportswashing Saudi, while UFC's billions of sportswashing dollars are in Abu Dhabi and thus the UAE instead. I wonder if any of that will change and which side TKO will back.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

No storytelling. WWE fans watch for angles and bad skits, not matches, and there's no Fiend equivalent in UFC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
UFC doesn't have a single box-like structure

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ufc doesnt have heart ufc doesnt have roman reigns and the bloodline

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

do you see how much they cry every time someone bleeds in aew?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hulk hogan already defeated the best fighters ufc had to offer before he was even a wrestler what does ufc have to offer

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

do you see how much they cry every time someone bleeds in aew?

They don't cry because of blood, but because it happens in AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kennel posted:

They don't cry because of blood, but because it happens in AEW.

It's this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i know now why you cry and its because you're a mark, jack

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The nice thing about fed stans is they don't have to have a reason to like ufc. Their programming has been changed, so by next week they will all love ufc and genuinely believe they always have.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The WWE Universe has always loved Dana White’s PowerSlap

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The WWE Universe has always loved Dana White’s PowerSlap

What did you change the channel faster for - Powerslap or Young Sheldon?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Davros1 posted:

WWE's CFO Frank Riddick is departing the company. He's been there for 13 years.

I thought they already got rid of CFO?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Uce

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

hate to admit it but young sheldon

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dana's right, but he's also answering that from a "we're definitely not a monopoly here!" perspective as well.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hate to admit it but young sheldon

I race to the remote for both. And my tv sometimes doesn't stop the audio even after the tv is off for a few seconds.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Davros1 posted:

they had to get rid of anyone who might make Dwayne think of Vin Diesel

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Thus ends the Chronicles of Riddick :(

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

frankly, good riddick

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shard posted:

I happened to watch a Young Sheldon ep one week for whatever reason, and it was...kinda alright. Not ever something I'd go out of my way for but it wasn't offensively bad like powerslap.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hopefully he got to take a riddick bow before he left

Ugh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i am deeply fascinated by power slap

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Davros1 posted:

why do i get pictures of sabu when i google this guy's name

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

That DICK! posted:

i am deeply fascinated by power slap

The napoleon blownapart vid on it is incredible

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So why did Becky just show up in NXT and take the title? Was there some build to this, or just did it for no reason in particular?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Pylons posted:

I don't particularly want to watch people intentionally try to hurt each other.

Between Gladiators, Ullamaliztli, boxing and MMA among others, our monkey brains have enjoy people suffering for sport for millennia. Pro wrestling is not immune to this no matter how much we attempt in vain to justify our behavior.

If you prefer 8-bit pixel versions, SA's Dr. Spritesworth has posted a review of WWF Wrestlemania to his Youtube Channel while fellow Goon Random Stranger did the same for Wrestlemania Challenge on the Famicom (albeit a few months back). Give them a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8eOl5nrnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-IRzKuniU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

So why did Becky just show up in NXT and take the title? Was there some build to this, or just did it for no reason in particular?

Tiffany Stratton "accidentally" mentioned her in a promo a couple weeks back as having historically won the title is about the extent of the build.

Island Nation posted:

Between Gladiators, Ullamaliztli, boxing and MMA among others, our monkey brains have enjoy people suffering for sport for millennia. Pro wrestling is not immune to this no matter how much we attempt in vain to justify our behavior.

If you prefer 8-bit pixel versions, SA's Dr. Spritesworth has posted a review of WWF Wrestlemania to his Youtube Channel while fellow Goon Random Stranger did the same for Wrestlemania Challenge on the Famicom (albeit a few months back). Give them a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8eOl5nrnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-IRzKuniU

This is a really weird response to my post.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WWE fans only love big giant dudes and the big giant dudes division of the UFC is the most boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Pylons posted:

This is a really weird response to my post.

It sounded better in my head.