Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

me yesterday: ehn our team isn't bad, but really we were just lucky over and over in the tournament

me today: :qq: USA, USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes, specifically Megan Rapinoe, who is the one that makes chuds really mad

But see, she's a lesbian and dyed her hair, so she's just like those fake gamer girls who complain when I breathe down their necks at tabletop night.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hyperhazard posted:

But see, she's a lesbian and dyed her hair, so she's just like those fake gamer girls who complain when I breathe down their necks at tabletop night.

All so she doesn't like Trump and is more famous across the globe than their golden calf Brady could ever be in ten lifetimes.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

https://twitter.com/Lisa_Keegan/status/1148772643807514624

If anyone did this to one of my pets, I would loving murder them

Or charge a pet fee and put some stuff about liability in the lease and get the gently caress on with your life. Who has the time to chase tenants around over their drat pets? Kids and idiots will do just as much if not more damage.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

there wolf posted:

Or charge a pet fee and put some stuff about liability in the lease and get the gently caress on with your life. Who has the time to chase tenants around over their drat pets? Kids and idiots will do just as much if not more damage.

To the landlords, it's about teaching a lesson to those they hold power over.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnnahBackstrom/status/1149064367176073216

Extremely cyberdystopian

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

zoux posted:

Murses are such a hot new accessory that there's a Seinfeld episode about it.

To be fair

https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/status/1148654321896251394

He likes to go by Joey Salads, eh? I bet his middle name of choice is..."Tosses"... :smug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

zoux posted:

Yes the famous Lombardy Trophy, hoisted by Tom Bradi.

I think what many white men don't get about pride movements is that they are in response to a history of shame and oppression, where everyone who wasn't that was denigrated and told to feel ashamed of their gender, expression, race, sexuality, or whatever. So now we have to rehab that history and elevate these classes. Maybe in 100 years we'll be past that and pride movements won't be necessary and I, a brain in a jar in hell, won't have to read tweets about "whens white guy pride parade month hmmmm" every loving day. It's not for loving you, it's for them and if it bothers you so much just ignore it because again, not for you.

Have any of these “oppressed” people pondered the fact that when everyone’s equal, no one will be?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Bogus Adventure posted:

He likes to go by Joey Salads, eh? I bet his middle name of choice is..."Tosses"... :smug:

The well of Joey Salads content is very deep. There are videos of him pissing into his own mouth, and now he is running for office.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oldpainless posted:

Have any of these “oppressed” people pondered the fact that when everyone’s equal, no one will be?

Equality just means everyone is running the same race, and if you lose it's because you just suck.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Those who excel must be placed in metal shoes and clown noses

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

oldpainless posted:

More like oldIncredibleless.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheManWithNoName posted:

The well of Joey Salads content is very deep. There are videos of him pissing into his own mouth, and now he is running for office.

Also paying a bunch of black people to destroy a car with Trump stickers all over it to incite racial hatred.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Instead of paying the women what the men make, pay the men what the women make.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bring back the barter system. Pay everyone two goats for a soccer game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

zoux posted:

Those who excel must be placed in metal shoes and clown noses

looking back i don't know how the gently caress whatever teacher who showed us that story didn't realize how tongue in cheek it's being

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

looking back i don't know how the gently caress whatever teacher who showed us that story didn't realize how tongue in cheek it's being

Well, someone should tell the Libertarian Futurist Society, who put in it their HoF this year

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PepechetGeneral/status/1148735401378451457?s=19

https://twitter.com/PepechetGeneral/status/1148752961813659648?s=19

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
oh no

https://twitter.com/PepechetGeneral/status/1149102498050969600

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
:tinfoil: LEFTISTS!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Im the leftists.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Married before gives the implication that some woman eventually got tired of his poo poo.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

This is my brother. I've posted about him before. He was the one with an affinity for calling Obama a n****r. Hard R.

gently caress this kid. He's such a colossal loving dipshit. Can I sever from this kid for these ongoing egregious instances or would that make me petty?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zipperelli. posted:

He was the one with an affinity for calling Obama a n****r. Hard R.

I'd have severed there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you should troll him with the fact they probably make more money than him and therefore are worth more in a capitalistic cov thsn him

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's a course at my university that I took called sociology in sport and while we discussed the of devaluing women's sport, this ought be given it's own unit. When I took it the hottest topic was Kaepernick which of course also took up a couple classes of discussion.

I'm tempted to send this content to the prof.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Zipperelli. posted:

gently caress this kid. He's such a colossal loving dipshit. Can I sever from this kid for these ongoing egregious instances or would that make me petty?

you can do what you want in life. don't keep him around if you aren't committed to fixing him, though, he'll just take you for granted

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm a gender studies grad, and one that I learned is that "employment" just means you are currently getting screwed in every possible way and that my self worth isn't tied to my net worth. And it paired well with my other great degree, philosophy.

(I am periodically unemployed, but mostly because nonprofits want tumblr jargon more than actual gender studies.)

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm done.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Doc Hawkins posted:

did someone on the world cup team scream "i deserve this?" that owns hard enough that i'm tearing up slightly

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1148987304943529986

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The devaluing of a Gender Studies degree is just part of the whole "back in my day I pounded shoe leather and got a job in a factory. loving over educated smartypants liberal youngin's" stuff, but with an added element of sexism/homophobia "loving SJW" bullshit thrown in.

The devaluing of women's sport is really interesting, and I would have love to sat in on that University course. Here in Australia we have a thing with the new AFLW league that despite growing grassroots participation rates among women and girls, growing engagement rates with women, growing audiences, both on TV and at the grounds, an increase in the standard of play of the three years the league has been active, the women get paid a tiny fraction of the men, (not even a living wage for players that have sometimes had to relocate), and the league itself is treated by the AFL as a joke and an afterthought. It also has to deal with the same poo poo being thrown at it that your arsehole brother does.

The combining of the two in the meme is probably bog standard sexism, "bloody outspoken woman!", and American exceptianalism, "bloody soccer, I don't care about it, so nobody else should.", added to the stuff above.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

~The Leftists~ could also vote over 50 to corrupt the poll, but they would accept that result because it fits their narrative.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Jul 11, 2019

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gender Studies majors are gainfully employed at a higher rate than Physics majors or Business majors.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Gender Studies majors are gainfully employed at a higher rate than Physics majors or Business majors.

Do you have a source for this? I want it to throw at people who say my degree will never get me employed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

CommonShore posted:

At a profession directly related to their degree?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You're better off, some people don't become decent human beings until they're bagged and slabbed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Arivia posted:

Do you have a source for this? I want it to throw at people who say my degree will never get me employed.

I'm looking for it, as I did have a source, but I can't find it right now. I'll try a few more google searches adn post it if I find it.

the tl;dr is that to get work in Physics you either need a PhD or get a secondary field like Engineering, and you need to avoid making Astronomy your focus, and that Business is the "Practical" degree that every loving failson and faildaughter who doesn't know what to do takes, so it's super saturated with mediocre people. On the other hand, fields like Lit and Gender Studies tend to attract high quality people and do a better job of filtering lovely ones.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A lëftist once bit my sister

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Please deliver the fiercest of purple nurples upon your brother on my behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

CommonShore posted:

the tl;dr is that to get work in Physics you either need a PhD or get a secondary field like Engineering, and you need to avoid making Astronomy your focus, and that Business is the "Practical" degree that every loving failson and faildaughter who doesn't know what to do takes, so it's super saturated with mediocre people. On the other hand, fields like Lit and Gender Studies tend to attract high quality people and do a better job of filtering lovely ones.

Is there a field where I could wake up each day not hating every minute I have to spend at wor-

Data Graham posted:

A lëftist once bit my sister

Write a book series about Communist Werewolves! Of course!