Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

shut the gently caress up about immigration and customs enforcement engines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
never thought i would see long winded posts crying about three olives in 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What if we gave Mona Lisa bigger boobs and a surfboard

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Your new pal sucks but who is he

Is he someone at all famous or is he a random anon

he's another vapid souless techbro that thinks being an chatbot prompt typist makes him a master of the universe.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ded posted:

never thought i would see long winded posts crying about three olives in 2023

I assume because you don’t know enough words to get there

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

how many glasses of #wine🍷 do you think Linda has had tonight? #sports

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume because you don’t know enough words to get there

let me tell you about ice and my apartment coffee maker

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

kazil posted:

how many glasses of #wine🍷 do you think Linda has had tonight? #sports

Who needs wine when you have the comforting embrace of #sports?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Decolonozation = genocide, you heard it here first folks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean you assume tonight is different from other nights

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

I'm listening...

Can you also enlarge it to poster size for my dorm room?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

shyduck posted:

The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

shyduck posted:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Munch is such a downer, plugged The Scream into my custom AI and now he's so happy walking along the bridge with his family, doggo behind, lit in vibrant fluorescent lighting. oh yeah and the guy is snoop Dogg now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Articulated said

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hope catshit losing bfff status sooner/first means he comes out on top/better, and the current hanger-ons like antman, doge coin, and silver all get dragged into the sinking wreck of birdsite.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MunchE posted:

Threads launched a webapp a while ago. They also seem to be aggressively tweaking their algorithm to show current/relevant poo poo rather than just random "What's your favorite color" posts from Celebrities

My mistake; it was halfway down the search page behind the phone app, the wiki page for the movie, the Slack variant, the imdb page for the movie, and the magazine.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Now this is art! Da Vinci was a hack

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
that art thing has got to be satire. no one can be that dense. still racist tho

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

hahahaha at Elon getting called a cuck for thanking the ADL just a bit ago

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

i hope catshit losing bfff status sooner/first means he comes out on top/better, and the current hanger-ons like antman, doge coin, and silver all get dragged into the sinking wreck of birdsite.

Can’t they all just become irrelevant and die in obscurity

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Play posted:

This doesn't actually address anything I said. The vast majority of cars in the road are ICE. That's not going to change anytime soon. Carmakers have invested into EVs primarily because the law requires them to in terms of emissions, and because they are massively subsidized. The idea that GM or Honda or Toyota will sell primarily EVs within a year or two, or that EVs will outnumber gas vehicles on the road within that time span, is ludicrous. You are wrong and you don't understand how the car industry works. Nothing happens in one or two years because it takes longer than that just to design a model and start producing it in numbers.

Your characterization of me is pretty hilarious as well. I suppose your normal response to actual reality is to call those who disagree with you poor, but you should work on that. I said in my post that I used to own an EV, and currently I own an Acura. Maybe it is just a fancy Honda, of course it is, but obviously that's fine because it has the features I need. Plus, I like Hondas and Toyotas.

I know people who drive Jaguars and Bentleys and even Lamborghinis. But I know a whole lot more people who drive absolutely normal cars, and wouldn't spend forty grand on a vehicle, much less 80. They generally buy used, and that means ICE.

Apple is completely different, even relatively low earners can afford to spend a thousand dollars on something like a phone. Buying a car is a completely different proposal, literally 40 times more expensive in your cheapest example.

Go look at how much the average person makes in this country. It's about 60 grand, but obviously most of that is spoken for: rent, groceries, health care, clothes, etc.

Anyways I've comprehensively demonstrated how wrong you are so I guess I will stop there.

No one thinks that anyone was going to immediately start smelting 10 year old ICE cars and besides leases, kind of, automakers don't give a gently caress about anything but a new car sale, which is quickly accelerating towards EVs in every major market for new cars. Dealers do and are attempting to sabotage EV sales accordingly, but auto makers already hate their dealers and eventually consumer demand will force dealers hand. And you didn't understand what I said, I said given the time horizon of car development, in 2-3 years EVs are going to start to appeal to a lot more market niches in new car sales and auto makers will adjust their investment in ICE development accordingly.

Look, for a long time 3rd-4th owner ICE cars are going to be appealing to people that can't afford more, ICE cars will still be a good chunk of production for awhile, like you can still buy a new Chrysler 300 that was last redesigned in 2011, but car companies in the next couple of years will invest all the new gadgets, gizmos and technology into EVs, you know, the reason people buy new cars.

quote:

Go look at how much the average person makes in this country. It's about 60 grand, but obviously most of that is spoken for: rent, groceries, health care, clothes, etc.

Absolutely, AND THEY DON'T BUY NEW CARS!

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 18, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

All these companies aren't pulling ads. They're just pausing them.

They still support Musk.

The response to someone tweeting "Hitler did nothing wrong" shouldn't be a "time out". These guys are effectively saying that they're going to go sit in a corner and think about what musk did wrong.

Frankly, it seems like an endorsement to me. They will continue to pay him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If the used car market doesn’t settle the gently caress down, i don’t know if people are gonna be jazzed about buying cars at all, be it new, used, gas or electric

Ed:

ymgve posted:

that art thing has got to be satire. no one can be that dense. still racist tho

His pinned tweet is saying the us government engineered covid and did it intentionally, he’s that dense

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Busters posted:

All these companies aren't pulling ads. They're just pausing them.

They still support Musk.

The response to someone tweeting "Hitler did nothing wrong" shouldn't be a "time out". These guys are effectively saying that they're going to go sit in a corner and think about what musk did wrong.

Frankly, it seems like an endorsement to me. They will continue to pay him.

pretty much this

they'll be back in a bit now that Musk has assured the Rapture crowd that he won't interfere in that domain anymore (read: before sometime next week)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

at the very minimum, step 1 of repairing the relationship with the lost advertisers would be for Musk to stop loving posting and well...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

kazil posted:

at the very minimum, step 1 of repairing the relationship with the lost advertisers would be for Musk to stop loving posting and well...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Only paying us more can free you from the tyranny of the advertisers whose money we accepted

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Advertisers are supposed to be how Twitter pays the "creators" lol

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

gently caress X Premium Plus. Make X Premium Minus where you can't see Musk and he can't see you.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
How long until Musk openly endorses the Empty Land myth in his tantrums about decolonization?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Captain Hygiene posted:

Only paying us more can free you from the tyranny of the advertisers whose money we accepted

Surely this will bring advertisers back

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It's a conspiracy. It's always a conspiracy. No chud ever fails by being an idiot shitheel, it is always a loving conspiracy. :rolleyes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I just realised that GTA VI will 1000000% have a Elon Musk parody character with an in-game social media site called Hi-TLR or something like that.

And it will be very very cringe.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

He's going to stay up all night, high as a kite, high-fiving his inner circle about how advertisers are bad actually, and then have a rocket launch early in the morning.

That rocket blowing up might just end him lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

He's going to stay up all night, high as a kite, high-fiving his inner circle about how advertisers are bad actually, and then have a rocket launch early in the morning.

hope they figured out how to make the emergency self-destruct work and don't lie about it this time!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would've been one of the suckers who would pay pre-Musk Twitter any price they asked for access to TweetDeck, even if they wanted hundreds of dollars a month, because of how much I relied on it for work (and not wanting to drop $20,000 a year just for Bloomberg Terminal access at home).

Now I've gone through the process to wean myself from using Twitter entirely because lmao at relying on that platform

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kazil posted:

I will be amazed if that thing makes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love how the media still often refers to Musk as “mercurial” lmao