Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shootme
Dec 29, 2001

Excuse me, where can I find Hevi-Shot?
Drove my new project home from my shop today for the first time since towing it home from Indiana.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

shootme posted:

Drove my new project home from my shop today for the first time since towing it home from Indiana.

What's under the hood?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Picked up my 1996 M3 (89k miles) about 2 months ago, drove down to Chicago with my roommate. A few photos after getting home.

He drove back my 1987 325is (120k miles). That is my second e30 I've owned and I love those cars to death, but the M3 is a definite upgrade.

Popete fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 10, 2013

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

anproxx posted:

What are your numbers?

Also, what size are your tiny looking wheels?
It makes like 450ish awhp, last dyno on the old turbo was over 400

The wheels are 17x10 RPF1's

shootme
Dec 29, 2001

Excuse me, where can I find Hevi-Shot?

Larrymer posted:

What's under the hood?

l28 turbo from an 83 280zxt

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Paul Boz_ posted:

Trust me man, why do you think I have such a great neck-up tan? I want to get the license plate MLNOMA but it's tasteless because I work for a large healthcare company :lol:

vvvvvvvv I'm not butthurt. I said I get mixed reactions and asked to avoid a derail (for everyone else's sake) after a derail started. We can keep talking about my car if you fancy.

My forearms and my my neck/face have some color. but my legs look like ghosts

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Nodoze posted:

Are they white enough that they match Paul Boz_'s side skirts or his body paint? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

So this kinda?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

davebo posted:

Are they white enough that they match Paul Boz_'s side skirts or his body paint? :v:

It's a $600 exhaust and the paint matches, gently caress off.

:v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

davebo posted:

Prob the body paint

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nodoze posted:

Prob the body paint

They are both OEM white. Your pasty flesh is aftermarket.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

It's always cool to be screwing around your school, have someone leave you a not about how they love your car, and then you find they took a beautiful picture of your car.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Trucks big

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Nodoze posted:

Trucks big

Ah yes! Here we see the 2 seater in it's natural habitat; surrounded on both sides by massive vehicles and parked at the back of the space to avoid bumper molestation from a less suspecting vehicle operator

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Not even rain stops me from a 3 space buffer.

I had an umbrella.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Nodoze posted:

Trucks big

drat trucks, I was there first. I could barely get in after work.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Guy on the left (stage left) needs to practice his backing skills.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Guy on the left (stage left) needs to practice his backing skills.

Guy stage right needs to practice his forwarding skills.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Shrapnac posted:

Guy stage right needs to practice his forwarding skills.

So are we on the stage? I would have thought the lot was a stage, and all it's vehicles actors.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor car
That struts and frets its hour upon the drive
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of smoke and oil
Signifying nothing.

(Yeah it's forced, I know. Didn't need many changes though!)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I never would have guessed that this would be the thread to turn erudite.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Holdbrooks posted:

drat trucks, I was there first. I could barely get in after work.

The best part of convertibles is putting the top down and getting out without using the doors.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Picked it up about three weeks ago.

Getting badly-needed front tie rod ends and ball joints on Tuesday, always tries to scuttle off of exit ramps :downs:

up next is a gas charged hood prop and boost/EGT gauges, going into an ashtray pod I purchased in a group buy like five years ago.

cosmetically...needs a lot of paintless dent removal, replacement tail lamps, satin red vinyl wrap for everything below the window line, thinking about leaving the top black.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drukqs posted:

Getting badly-needed front tie rod ends and ball joints on Tuesday, always tries to scuttle off of exit ramps :downs:

up next is a gas charged hood prop and boost/EGT gauges, going into an ashtray pod I purchased in a group buy like five years ago.

cosmetically...needs a lot of paintless dent removal, replacement tail lamps, satin red vinyl wrap for everything below the window line, thinking about leaving the top black.

Nice, looks like a border front, toms sides and you've got the rev5 spoiler! Ooh is that a genuine border vented bonnet? Does it also have the radiator relocated?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

My first new-ish car, 09 Chevy Malibu. After an 88 caddy and a 90 cutless cierra, it feels like I've gone 50 years into the future.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

drukqs posted:

I was never a big fan of Gen 2 MR2's until recently, but that is gorgeous

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

Here are a couple of exhaust videos prior to adding a resonator and recircing BPV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeb1Rgzgbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZG9GBUN3C4

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

anime and cars posted:

Nice, looks like a border front, toms sides and you've got the rev5 spoiler! Ooh is that a genuine border vented bonnet? Does it also have the radiator relocated?

Seems like the stock location, I don't remember how its supposed to be situated from my previous MR2. The vents in the hood could theoretically improve cooling.

The hood is extremely rough, needs re-epoxying and it will be wrapped in vinyl to hide the numerous imperfections.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drukqs posted:

Seems like the stock location, I don't remember how its supposed to be situated from my previous MR2. The vents in the hood could theoretically improve cooling.

The hood is extremely rough, needs re-epoxying and it will be wrapped in vinyl to hide the numerous imperfections.

It puts the radiator at an angle so that the air can flow out of the hood vents. Your photo the rad looks like a bit like its sitting at an angle, but im probably not seeing it right.

Dunno what difference it would make seeing as when the cooling system is working properly on an sw its pretty drat good even on track.

Red with a black roof will look good, although i've always wanted a sonic shadow car.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
My wife and I are trying to have our first child, so my 2 current cars (1987 MR2 and 1993 240SX) were not going to cut it anymore. I picked this up last weekend:

Has a few mods done already (Kooks headers, cat pipe, Corsa catback, Rotofab intake). Sorry for the crappy cell phone photos.

Now its time to sell the 240SX.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My G8 has been doing family duty for the past three years, and done it well. Congrats. Its a great car and nobody will know what it is, or where its from. The 19" sport wheels look alot better than my factory 18's. But OEM bridgestones run $300+ per tire.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I'm torn. On one hand G8 GT's are awesome and the best sleeper outside maybe the new Chevy SS, on the other hand silver is the worst possible colour for any car ever.

Wicked car though man.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

drukqs posted:

Nice. Mk2's are my personal favourite. I'll probably be tarred for this but I'm actually a big fan of the snorkel intake (TOM's?) because it reminds me of an F1 car from 1975.

Edit: It's too bad North America never got the two-tone black roof/grey MR2.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 20, 2013

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samu posted:

I'm torn. On one hand G8 GT's are awesome and the best sleeper outside maybe the new Chevy SS, on the other hand silver is the worst possible colour for any car ever.

Wicked car though man.

No man, red.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I had a very vivid dream last night that I had a turbo installed on my BMW.

It was really fun!

:sigh:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Chinatown posted:

I had a very vivid dream last night that I had a turbo installed on my BMW.

It was really fun!

:sigh:

It's a sign, don't leave destiny hanging

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
I look forward to when sixth-gen police Caprices start hitting the used market in a few years.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

animeliker posted:

Nice. Mk2's are my personal favourite. I'll probably be tarred for this but I'm actually a big fan of the snorkel intake (TOM's?) because it reminds me of an F1 car from 1975.

Edit: It's too bad North America never got the two-tone black roof/grey MR2.

The snorkel was designed only to work with the non turbo cars though, as the genuine toms snorkel came with an airbox that hooked straight to it. This only mates up to the 3S-GE engined cars, as all the other ones have different TB locationss.

99% of the time all they do is mess up the airflow in the engine bay as the undertrays and vents are designed to push air upwards out of the enginelid. So if I ever see one fitted I automaticaly assume the owner is a moron.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

anime and cars posted:

The snorkel was designed only to work with the non turbo cars though, as the genuine toms snorkel came with an airbox that hooked straight to it. This only mates up to the 3S-GE engined cars, as all the other ones have different TB locationss.

99% of the time all they do is mess up the airflow in the engine bay as the undertrays and vents are designed to push air upwards out of the enginelid. So if I ever see one fitted I automaticaly assume the owner is a moron.

When I ever get around to the V6 in my AW11, I'm going with an extra OEM side vent on the driver's side and relocating the filler neck. Hear some of that sweet V6 behind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dear powershift,

Stop fuckin buying cars.

Sincerely, your wallet.

I'll have better pics in the morning, but yeah, she's a boat.