Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

In the Kingdom-building rule subset, does anyone have thoughts or experience with the Black Market? Specifically, how does one explain a government spending 50 build points' worth of resources to create and set up shops explicitly designed for illegal, secret, or illicit wares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's basically a government sponsored drug cartel. You're making illegal good for sale in other countries. They may or may not be illegal for private citizens in your own nation, but they're definitely illegal in the nations you're exporting to.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
Play testing our first VTT-based PFRPG adventure!

We're not planning to sell physical books or PDFs, but interactive webpages that provide all of the "assets" you need to run the game in the VTT: maps, NPC tokens, macros, etc.

Here I'm doing some roleplaying. The party defeated a gang of bandits, and an NPC druid approaches them to tell them tales of undead in the forest, and an ancient enemy returning.

The party stumbles upon the ruins of an ancient cyclops empire, and none of the PCs rolled well enough to know anything about this amazing magical phenomena occuring there, or the heathen ritual being performed by the witches.

INVEST IN KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, PEOPLE!

Nagis the ninja walks in to the glowing cloud and gets zapped by energy-beings, empowered by the strange magic.

After being burned hard by the lightning lashes of some wyrds, Nagis runs away and the rest of the party wades into glowing fog and ribbons of magical energy to slaughter the enemies.

"How hard is it to climb down the rope?"
"Well, you're in full-plate and have a -6 to it."
"How far is it?"
"Twenty feet."
"gently caress it, He'alya just jumps down into the hole."

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Beef Hardcheese posted:

In the Kingdom-building rule subset, does anyone have thoughts or experience with the Black Market? Specifically, how does one explain a government spending 50 build points' worth of resources to create and set up shops explicitly designed for illegal, secret, or illicit wares?

I believe we had someone who wanted to build a black market - his reasoning was his character was going to embezzle the money needed for the market and part of the BP cost was bribes for local guards. Pretty sure we were neutral/neutral with a wide range in alignments so no one was too annoyed with it.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Yeah, you could write off the cost as you're losing money because you've got these 'merchants' that aren't paying taxes or import duties or whatever. The black market is a cost in BP because of the opportunity cost of who would ordinarily be dealing there.

Bribes and stuff is another factor, but the main BP cost is you knowingly turning a blind eye to stuff and covering for them occasionally with inefficient laws etc.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Okay, thanks for the input; it makes more sense now. I talked to another player about it, he described it more along those lines; a city not-quite openly admitting that they're running things like a cartel or syndicate. While any given city is going to develop a black market of some kind at some point, we (the PCs on the ruling council) wouldn't be able to take advantage of it without putting individual roleplaying effort into it. Without the bribes, corruption, and 'underworld infrastructure' that the BPs represent, drug dealers are going to be a mite weary about the Steward just dropping into a bakery and wanting to buy a dime bag.

I had an idea of saving up my personal cash reserves and then dumping it into the treasury and then using that to "buy" a black market that my character would essentially be running; my GM has house-ruled the Black Market BP point down to 10, so it's something that might be feasible further down the line. I'm running a Warpriest of Desna that's been acting as a quasi-ranger/jungle guide (campaign is set in the Mwangi Expanse), and is filling the Verderer role. The mayor is a Paladin of Abadar and has managed to gather a decent number of converts. While my character isn't really evangelical, he's looking at ways to counteract that influence, and ideally by doing something more than trying to win a series of hopeless Diplomacy checks to convince people to worship Desna. I floated the idea of 'splitting' the cost of starting a black market to the Spymaster, who seemed interested at the prospect. He would know who to talk to in order to get the city side of things running, and my character would be able to help figure out ways for various goods to get smuggled in and out through the wilderness.

Obviously we'd need to talk to the GM to figure out how something like this might work; as a group, we've been playing together for years, and there hasn't ever been any major backstabbing or betrayals among the various campaigns that have been run (unless it was played for laughs with a character that was doomed; the GM generally handles PC PVP by having both characters murder each other in GM-controlled combat, then calling the players idiots and telling them to roll new characters). It would be fun if the GM let my character and the spymaster buy it 'under the table', and the other characters then had to figure out where the sudden influx of drugs and crime is coming from (with the players laughing and cursing us at the same time).

Beef Hardcheese fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 13, 2015

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Ok, I'm going to have to roll a new character soon in pathfinder. Lvl Cap is 10, but everyone is min-maxed to hell and back. It's sort of the point. Does anyone know of some good completely overpowered lvl 10 builds? I've looked at Synthesist Summoner, but everything we fight has DR, which is bad for multiple attacks.

My lvl 10 Samsaran conjuration wizard died to unfortunate circumstances. Now I'm looking for something with very, very high single target damage output, and I'd appreciate any advice.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

A friend is possibly making a techslinger+guntank to replace their ridiculous transforming barbarian (not sure what archetype that is but drat) in Iron Gods. How crazy is this going to be?

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Globofglob posted:

Ok, I'm going to have to roll a new character soon in pathfinder. Lvl Cap is 10, but everyone is min-maxed to hell and back. It's sort of the point. Does anyone know of some good completely overpowered lvl 10 builds?
Arcanist 10.

Globofglob posted:

My lvl 10 Samsaran conjuration wizard died to unfortunate circumstances. Now I'm looking for something with very, very high single target damage output, and I'd appreciate any advice.
Just saying, but "high single target damage output" is not the same thing as "overpowered".

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Globofglob posted:

Ok, I'm going to have to roll a new character soon in pathfinder. Lvl Cap is 10, but everyone is min-maxed to hell and back. It's sort of the point. Does anyone know of some good completely overpowered lvl 10 builds? I've looked at Synthesist Summoner, but everything we fight has DR, which is bad for multiple attacks.

Archer Paladin is pretty good for damage and doesn't have to deal with DR. If all you want is damage you could do worse.

Edit: They're also durable as hell.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Globofglob posted:

Full Caster 10

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It depends on how available advanced firearms and advanced technology is. Without advanced firearms he will need to carry a truly absurd number of guns to keep up in damage. Like just cover his coat in pistols that he drops after one shot and only reloads at the end of combat. With advanced firearms he will be among the highest damage dealers possible along with paladin archers and charging barbarians. If he gets high tech stuff without needing to pay for it he's gonna be truly absurd, but if he needs to pay market price for them his techslinger abilities will be mostly useless because tech items are grotesquely overpriced.

As for an overpowered build what do you want to do? Damage, battlefield control, etc?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

PresidentBeard posted:

It depends on how available advanced firearms and advanced technology is. Without advanced firearms he will need to carry a truly absurd number of guns to keep up in damage. Like just cover his coat in pistols that he drops after one shot and only reloads at the end of combat. With advanced firearms he will be among the highest damage dealers possible along with paladin archers and charging barbarians. If he gets high tech stuff without needing to pay for it he's gonna be truly absurd, but if he needs to pay market price for them his techslinger abilities will be mostly useless because tech items are grotesquely overpriced.

I think tech is going to be pretty common in the campaign I am in. We already have a timeworn stungun and I think the DM is letting him start with a timeworn laser pistol since we're a few levels in.

Someone else says that a techslinger can somehow get hundreds of damage at level 6 or so. This is gonna be interesting. :stare:

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Hmm. I've got a brawler in my group's Iron Gods game with the Pummeling Strike feat tree and Power Attack. She and our group's barbarian hit like dump trucks (he's got a +1 Vicious Keen Chainsaw, I've got a +2 Amulet of Mighty Fists. We fight constructs.)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Oh right you said Iron Gods. So mild spoilers there is a +1 chainsaw in module two of Iron Gods. The chainsaw is bare-none the best, non-mounted, two handed weapon in the game provided you can recharge it semi-regularly. If your party has it play a paladin, cavalier, or barbarian you should be set for most of the rest of the campaign. Just grab the feats power attack, furious focus, cornugon smash, and hurtful. Use your starting gold to enchant it the chainsaw with cruel. Assuming a point buy that allows maxed strength you should be dealing 37 damage per hit before class abilities or further magic items., and each hit has the chance to inflict shaken and sickened. If you are a barbarian raging this damage jumps to 40 damage per hit. Assuming that same barbarian has taken the beast totem powers he gets to full attack on almost every attack thanks to pounce and gets two claw attacks that deal around 17 damage per hit so a usual average of 114 damage per round, assuming no other items.

You could easily make this much much higher with mounted charge shenanigans but that's a bit silly and will lead to your GM separating you from your horse all the time.

Also if you make it keen a chainsaw as a critical range of 15-20 meaning you'll crit on about 30% of attacks.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nihilarian posted:

Archer Paladin is pretty good for damage and doesn't have to deal with DR. If all you want is damage you could do worse.

Edit: They're also durable as hell.

Yeah, if you don't want to go the full caster route, archer paladins are incredibly, incredibly good as long as you're fighting smitable targets relatively often. Archery's main weakness is lowish per hit damage, and smite completely changes that. Add to that all of the paladin's other bonuses and immunities and you've got a powerhouse character. Not overpowered, but very powerful still.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hey I'm going to be in a Curse of the Crimson throne game. Is Paladin going to be any good in that or should I go inquisitor instead?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Paladin will be fine as long as your group dynamics allow for it. There are a lot of smitable foes and most of the most dangerous encounters are double-smite-damage ones (evil outsiders, evil undead, and/or evil dragons).

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Zurai posted:

Paladin will be fine as long as your group dynamics allow for it. There are a lot of smitable foes and most of the most dangerous encounters are double-smite-damage ones (evil outsiders, evil undead, and/or evil dragons).

Yeah I have no plans on being a tight rear end paladin or anything and mostly being chill 'come back to my city and bring justice!' totally playing the not-arrow.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
For an overpowered build, there is already a party of a smite melee Paladin, a Slayer with an obscenely high stealth score, and the third is a magus with obscene amounts of damage and a focus on snowball.

I need to make something that has a distinct chance of killing one of them, but has the stats of a level 10 PC. It's a spy in the ranks type of thing, but it's going on for a few sessions to make it more believable, and the DM doesn't want me to show my hand early by doing things a PC can't do. I was thinking Brawler with the feat line up to bonebreaker, because neckbreaker requires 12 ranks in a lvl 10 max game, or a Ninja.

Globofglob fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 14, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

OK. Would someone tell me who on earth thought the Celestial Dire Tiger was a sensible thing to give a level 11 PC as a choice of Summons? Or who thought that the Summoner as a class was a good idea at all? 5 attacks at +20 to hit, and each doing 25+ points of damage on a Smite. Oh, and a free grab on the attacks. You aren't meant to one-shot CR12 monsters as a single L11 PC using a fraction of your resources.

Edit: A Level 10 Summoner is pretty overpowered. And at level 11 (with the Tiger I've just mentioned) becomes ludicrous.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

neonchameleon posted:

OK. Would someone tell me who on earth thought the Celestial Dire Tiger was a sensible thing to give a level 11 PC as a choice of Summons? Or who thought that the Summoner as a class was a good idea at all? 5 attacks at +20 to hit, and each doing 25+ points of damage on a Smite. Oh, and a free grab on the attacks. You aren't meant to one-shot CR12 monsters as a single L11 PC using a fraction of your resources.

Edit: A Level 10 Summoner is pretty overpowered. And at level 11 (with the Tiger I've just mentioned) becomes ludicrous.

If you can't do that in this broken-rear end game, your poo poo is severely underpowered.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Encounters become weird coin flip scenarios past a certain level. It's either going to be an enemy or a PC that gets one-shot and dropped.

At CR12 you're in the realm of save-versus-death effects so a summoned monster with crazy melee abilities shouldn't be so surprising.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Encounters become weird coin flip scenarios past a certain level. It's either going to be an enemy or a PC that gets one-shot and dropped.

At CR12 you're in the realm of save-versus-death effects so a summoned monster with crazy melee abilities shouldn't be so surprising.

All the more reason to end one's campaigns around Level 12. Partly due to this, partly due to the original 3.X playtesters not bothering with levels after this, and partly because a lot of the core dynamics of the game change past this point.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Libertad! posted:

All the more reason to end one's campaigns around Level 12. Partly due to this, partly due to the original 3.X playtesters not bothering with levels after this, and partly because a lot of the core dynamics of the game change past this point.

Isn't this why PFS also stops at lvl 12?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Transient People posted:

If you can't do that in this broken-rear end game, your poo poo is severely underpowered.

Part of it is that the second most powerful PC is a well made Ranger and part of it is everyone has a level/2 bonus to all saves as a house rule to cut down on the one shots. (Yes my Summoner is severely underpowered. I've been trying to keep them that way. We have a monk in the party...)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Transient People posted:

uh huh. My mad bomber alchemist can do that without breaking a sweat, and the party wizard and druid could probably do worse.

Anyway, has anyone shelled out the :10bux: for the Pathfinder Unchained PDF? I'm kinda tempted to do it myself but my DM will probably bar it anyway. :sigh:

From the Paizo boards, it does sound like Unchained is bringing a lot of ideas from The D&D Edition That Did Not Happen to Pathfinder: Inherent bonuses to replace the need to constantly upgrade the Big Six! Magic items that level up with you! Variant multiclassing that allows you to take a few abilities from another class instead of having to take everything! Expendable resources for martial characters!

(edited to add: Apparently it won't be available for PDF purchase for another couple weeks. Paizo subscribers are getting early copies though.)

Selachian fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 15, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah after looking at your post I looked it up, sounds like it is available to subscribers right now, and available everywhere on the 29th.

Also some stuff people have mentioned:

quote:

Barbarian Rage became 2 temp hp per level and untyped hit/dmg bonus

Summoner Summon Monster SLA was untouched
Black Tentacles became a 4th level spell for them - Haste is 3rd
Pounce is now 3 pts and level 7 required
Free evolutions based on eidolon type

Variant Multiclassing
>Rogue mutliclass gives Sneak Attack 4d6/evasion/uncanny dodge/trapfinding
>Bard grants bardic knowledge, some performances (including inspire courage and competence), versatile performance, and lore master.
>Monk grants unarmed strike, evasion, a ki pool, and the AC bonus.
>Oracle grants a mystery, a curse, revelations, and orisons.
>Sorcerers do grant their bloodline and bloodline powers.
>Witch grants hexes, a familiar, and cantrips.
>Magus grants arcane pool, magus arcana, and spellstrike.
>Alchemist grants alchemy, bombs, mutagens, and poison use.
>Druid grants wild empathy, a companion, and wildshape.
>Ranger grants, track, favored enemy, and favored terrain.
>Fighter grants bravery, armor training 1 & 2, and weapon training 1 & 2.
>Paladin grants detect evil, lay on hands, smite evil, mercy, and divine bond.
>Cavalier grants an order, challenge, tactician, and order & tactician abilities.
>Cleric grants spontaneous casting and the bonus language, one domain's 1st level power, reduced channeling, and the same domain's 8th level power
>Wizard grants grants school abilities and cantrips
All class abilities granted work as the original class feature. You also get the limitations (ie. Paladins vmc are LG etc.)
Class abilities granted count for feats/prc requirements etc.

Stamina system is meh
>burn to reduce twf penalties
>burn to defend against grapples

Monk got
>full BAB
>Flurry is now extra attack at full BAB
>at level 11 they gain an additional attack
>monks gain ki powers at 4th level and every 2 after
>Unchained monk does not work with all archetypes
>Abundant step at 8th level

Rogue got
>weapon finesse at level 1
>dex to dmg for one weapon at level 3

quote:

Should note Unchained Monk is now d10 HD and 2 good saves (Fort/Ref - Will is now poor)

quote:

>class whos theme is meditating and putting mind over matter to resist all kindsa poo poo
>poor will saves

wut

quote:

If it makes it better:

Flurry of Blows now adds one attack at highest attack bonus, and at level 11 adds a second attack at highest attack bonus.

quote:

That's 1 less attack

quote:

That's in addition to TWF.

I have to say what at this, I don't remember PF Monks being able to combine unarmed with TWF.

Ah.

quote:

Yup, but at a higher success rate:

>Monk
18/18/13/13/8/8/3
>Unchained Monk
20/20/20/15/10/5

You can't get extra from Two-Weapon Fighting or Rapid Shot, but you can get extra from Haste.

quote:

Well I don't have the book. Just going by what I get told/can find. So far we have:

>Rage = +2 hit/dmg and 2 temp hp per level
>Greater Rage = +3 hit/dmg, and 3 temp hp per level
>Mighty Rage = +4 hit/dmg, and 4 temp hp per level
AC penalty and Will bonus don't change.

Raging Swimmer is now a swim speed
Raging Climber is now a climb speed

Basic poo poo like that really.

quote:

Most class abilities are Ki Powers now. Ki Powers basically being Qinggong Monk. So you have select them. This means that you can't use most archetypes with it. For example:
>Diamond Body is a ki power

>Sorcerers do grant their bloodline and bloodline powers.

quote:

Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior/Martial Master Fighter with Sorcerer VMC for Orc Bloodline? Could be fun. Does VMC actually grant caster levels and spells?

quote:

So here's some more info on Stamina:
>Con + BAB = stamina pool

And here's how you can spend it:
>Combat Reflexes = spend 1 to get a second AoO off the same trigger
>Power Attack = Allows you to turn off the feat at the end of the turn
>Improved Trip = Spend stamina to defend against trips
>Improved Grapple = Spend stamina to defend against grapples
>Two-Weapon Fighting = Spend stamina to lessen penalties by 1 for every 2 stamina - this lasts until end of turn
>Improved Two-Weapon Fighting = Spend stamina to make an extra attack with off hand when making an AoO

Lot of the uses are Swift or Immediate actions.

quote:

>Untyped Rage Bonus
Android barbarian just went from impossible to best rage cycler.
Sparky the angry robot feels no emotion, except hate.

quote:

so is it time for wildshape Fighters, Barbarians and nature Paladins?

Personally curious about throwing that on the new monk.

quote:

This is an interesting question. What martial class would benefit most from being able to wildshape? Probably fighters, right? Wildshaping into a tiger or allosaurus or poo poo? You can take Natural Weapons for weapon training, can't you...?

Variant Multiclassing's gonna hit Paladins hard, though. Most paladin builds need too many feats to make it worth losing half of them, even for sweet class features, I'd say.

Maybe I'm wrong. Greatsword Pallies might have enough feats to spare...

quote:

Yeah, Fighters will probably go up a tier with all the multiclassing. Brawlers will probably be good too as its a free size change and Martial versatility can make up for the feats, a ranger with a natural weapon style will probably be good along with slayers that choose them as talents. If you wildshape into stuff like giants or apes any twohanded build will be great.

And that thread mostly devolved into talk that had nothing to do with Unchained.

EDIT:

Okay another thread with mostly similar info, but some more:

quote:

What's the cost of variant multiclassing?

quote:

Half your feat. So no feat at level 3,7,11,15,19

quote:

One ki power gives flight.
One gives discordant blast
Cobra Breath allows you to neutralize poison and spit it at people
Flying Kick gives double damage on an unarmed attack
Foot Stomp can prevent people from getting away
Elbow Smash can give you an extra attack for nonlethal

Most of the attack ones can be used as part of a Flurry. Couple are debuffs.

quote:

Here's the VMC for gunslingers:
>3rd level = proficiency in firearms
>7th level = Gunsmith class feature
>11th level = Amateur gunslinger feat
>15th level = 3rd level deed of your choice
>19th level = 7th level deed of your choice

quote:

Somewhat. There are still a bunch of things I am unsure of. Especially with how poisons etc. work now. But to fix some things on it:

Unchained Rogue
>Weapon Finesse at level 1
>Dex to Damage with Finessable weapon at levels 3, 11, 19
>Level 5 they get Signature Skill
>Signature skill advances at 10, 15, 20

For example, if you take disguise you get:
>Disguise in 1d3 mins
>No penalties for age, gender, race
>Disguise as a standard action

Stealth gets:
>less penalties when moving
>get better at sniping
>deny dexterity bonus for entire round

quote:

>Full caster vmc great, martial VMC bad

Never change paizo

quote:

>Witch gives cantrips, familiar, and hexes
>Druid gives wild empathy, animal companion and wildshape
>Cleric gives spontaneous heals, bonus language, 1st and 8th level domain powers and channelling
>Wizard gives school, familiar, cantrips, school powers and arcane discovery or bonus feat

Meanwhile:
>Gunslinger gives proficiency/gunsmithing/amateur gunslinger and two deeds

quote:

Druid gives you an ac and loving WILDSHAPE?

Fighter vmc druid is a reasonable class now, wow

quote:

Half-Orc Crossblooded Orc/Draconic Sorcerer VMC Admixture Wizard. I call him the Master Blaster. Is it totally suboptimal? Yes. But it's the 9th level caster with the most brutal dakka of all.

quote:

I wonder if we'll see any Drow Arcanist (Occultist) VMC Divination Wizard with the Blasphemous Covenant alternate racial trait.

quote:

>Summon Monster SLA was untouched

I thought that was the thing people hated the most about the Summoner. Won't this mean people will still just build Skilldolons and flood the battlefield with their super-summons?

I was hoping Summoner Unchained would be more about a bond with your outsider stand/partner, but sounds like he's staying right on my GM's banlist.

quote:

PFS thinks the strongers part of a Summoner is the Eidolon, that's why they think Synth Summoner is the strongest poo poo ever.
Yeah that seemed like the one thing it needed to change, not quite the Eidolon so much as their crazy summons.

quote:

At the stage pathfinder is at (ridiculous content and complete super hero brokenness), this book should have been 100% buffs across all classes that struggle at high level play.

A new monk and new rogue makes sense, nerfing anything - particularly the best spell-less class - is retardation beyond comparison. The gestalt/multiclass system is a great idea but shouldn't be so feat intensive that archers would have to sacrifice so much to do it. As it stands it's more full caster wanking, and does nothing to solve any of the problems in the game whatsoever.

People that dislike pathfinder want the following things:
>spell-less classes capable of utility (movement speeds, abilities to dispel magic, etc.)
>a completely new maneuver system (effective combat control outside casting)
>more updates and more options for fighter types (especially not just feats)
>new feats reducing the ridiculous chains to 1-2 feats (who gives a poo poo if there is overlap)
>getting rid of the big 6

Every release is the opposite of this. Loads of spells, new magic items no one will be able to buy or sacrifice a slot for, and feats requiring prerequisites that make no sense (pic related; a feat with ability and feat prerequisites already covered by having "mobility" for a poo poo benefit). They are actually making worse and worse content, and occasionally making something worthwhile (obviously) on accident.

quote:

>Hey guys, let's write a book dedicated entirely to Martials!
>Ok, poo poo what do we put into it?
>I know, how about full-page spreads explaining the parts of a sword!
>And full-page definitions about the different ways of hitting things with a weapon!
>Also, let's talk favorably of all of those feat taxes and trap options as if they're not bad!
>Oh, oh, I know! More magic items for non-martials!
>And as icing on the cake, let's put spells in it!
>loving BRILLIANT!

Yeah the threads sometimes get sidetracked.

quote:

Both reduce the recommended WBL.

One is inherent bonuses, like you just get scaling resistances and AC bonuses.

The other is items such as cloaks give resistance bonuses based on how much gold they cost. Amulets give nat. armor bonuses based on their gold cost.

I like the inherent bonuses more, but either is an upgrade to the base system. Its nice to be able to actually use those item slots on cool poo poo now.

quote:

Hot drat, thats means you can do MoMS with Sacred fist and a variant multiclass in druid and become a god.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 15, 2015

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
So, after a long hiatus, I've got my Pathfinder table getting together again. Two months ago, I was struggling to get three players together. Now I have twelve, with three more asking me to run a game. So.... crap. Five are brand new to tabletop role playing, but they're all players that I'd really like to play with. I'll be discussing it with the party at large this Friday, hopefully with a mind to splitting up the party into multiple groups. Just wanted to fish for ideas on how to handle this.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

So does Unchained work with PFS? Because if it doesn't then most tables are going to kiss it goodbye and GMs are going to consider it 3rd party or optional.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So does Unchained work with PFS? Because if it doesn't then most tables are going to kiss it goodbye and GMs are going to consider it 3rd party or optional.

They haven't said anything official about what is allowed yet.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

What's the cost to do that variant multiclassing?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

PFS legality is always determined a few weeks or months after release.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Yukari posted:

What's the cost to do that variant multiclassing?

quote:

Half your feat. So no feat at level 3,7,11,15,19

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That variant multiclassing has so much potential for some absurdly overpowered builds.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

That stamina stuff sounds kind of half added.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

quote:

VMC Wild Shape

spoiler:
You get it at level 15 and it is usable 2/day for small/medium animals. At 19th level it works like a 6th Druid and is usable 3/day.

Well there goes the dream of playing a non spellcasting Wild Shaper.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

quote:

At the stage pathfinder is at (ridiculous content and complete super hero brokenness), this book should have been 100% buffs across all classes that struggle at high level play.

A new monk and new rogue makes sense, nerfing anything - particularly the best spell-less class - is retardation beyond comparison. The gestalt/multiclass system is a great idea but shouldn't be so feat intensive that archers would have to sacrifice so much to do it. As it stands it's more full caster wanking, and does nothing to solve any of the problems in the game whatsoever.

People that dislike pathfinder want the following things:
>spell-less classes capable of utility (movement speeds, abilities to dispel magic, etc.)
>a completely new maneuver system (effective combat control outside casting)
>more updates and more options for fighter types (especially not just feats)
>new feats reducing the ridiculous chains to 1-2 feats (who gives a poo poo if there is overlap)
>getting rid of the big 6

Every release is the opposite of this. Loads of spells, new magic items no one will be able to buy or sacrifice a slot for, and feats requiring prerequisites that make no sense (pic related; a feat with ability and feat prerequisites already covered by having "mobility" for a poo poo benefit). They are actually making worse and worse content, and occasionally making something worthwhile (obviously) on accident.

Repost this forever.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Seriously, I was really looking forward to the variant multiclass druid for Wild Shape on a non spellcaster until I learned how late you get it and how neutered compared to the actual Druid it was.

Was really hoping for a non caster wild shape character when the hybrid class book was first mentioned, but nope. No non caster shapesgifters. Except for the rare 3rd party class that is either worse than the wild shape druid at it, or that has a questionable feature that overshadows the shapeshifting part and potentially breaks the class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

quote:

nerfing anything - particularly the best spell-less class

wait what, did i miss something