Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What I think is the coolest is how if I read the thing correctly, it is a two axis system. So you've got your Hardcore Respectful ROH crowds and your Hardcore Disrespectful CZW crowds and your Family Friendly Respectful Chikara crowds and your Family Friendly Disrespectful wCw crowds or whatever your chosen analogies are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

edit nm

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The "mic performance" attribute determines how readily your worker can gauge what kind of crowd they're dealing with, but I've not seen it have an effect so far.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

What I think is the coolest is how if I read the thing correctly, it is a two axis system. So you've got your Hardcore Respectful ROH crowds and your Hardcore Disrespectful CZW crowds and your Family Friendly Respectful Chikara crowds and your Family Friendly Disrespectful wCw crowds or whatever your chosen analogies are.

I feel like if you played this game long enough you could get a pretty accurate list of 'Towns most/least likely to ever host Wrestlemania'.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The real test of the system is if they make the Rumble, Mania, and Summerslam (along with the Raws after) Hardcore Disrespectful no matter where they are to emulate the Smark Hive Effect we are so familiar with

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Precyse/status/786075396877983744?lang=en

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

The real test of the system is if they make the Rumble, Mania, and Summerslam (along with the Raws after) Hardcore Disrespectful no matter where they are to emulate the Smark Hive Effect we are so familiar with

Someone needs to make a Something Awful/PSP arena

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I haven't bought a WWE game in four years, and I'm quite overwhelmed. Part of that is good -- they've come on quite a bit since then, haven't they? There's a lot of stuff to do, and it looks very good. However, part of it is the bad kind of overwhelmed, because there's absolutely nothing telling me how to actually do any of it. Seriously, is there a tutorial at all? Anywhere? The "tutorial" in MyCareer was just "have a match and then do a promo", I would very much like the game to sit me down and walk me through "this is what you press to do a thing, press it now to practice, okay now here's the next thing". I've figured out that square punches dudes, X does a grab move, L2 runs, O pins, and triangle does a cool move if that's available, but when I did create-a-moveset I had to set like a hundred different things. Also I have absolutely no idea how to make an entrance video, there doesn't seem to be a way to make an arena video (and there are no generic ones, what the hell), and MyCareer is telling me that I need to change my "signature t-shirt" every so often without telling me how to create one at all or how to set what my signature shirt is.

I'd appreciate a bit of hand-holding, is all I'm saying.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Which game did you buy? There are definitely generic videos in 2k17. a few dozen of them

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

to be fair, this like the, what? 19th version of the Yukes style of WWE games?

Its just like Madden every year, they just assume you already know how to play. It sucks though, I agree.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Do they ship games with manuals now? I looked this one up online because I'm pretty sure they changed the inputs for limb targeting. It's pretty legible, as these things go.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There is a manual option in the options menu.... that tells you to go the website where they have it in .pdf form.

I like this game a lot so far, but just a couple days in and there are a lot of things that need fixing. In one match both wrestlers just stopped moving, my opponent on the ground and my own character not responding at all to controller inputs. Another time I wrestled Goldberg as Vader in a fall count anywhere match, and he threw me into the electrical box, stood there until I came out of a groggy state, which took around 10 -20 seconds and threw me into it again. He continued doing this for several minutes until I decided I would never get the reversal timing right and restarted the match.

The whole creation suit is great though, and I look forward to this game being bug fixed because at least it's pretty fun in play so far.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm basic_chunnel on PSN if anybody wants CAWs that date back to the first Smackdown to show up in their Career mode.

Speaking of which, I recommend feuding with Ziggler, the setup for the Zig Zag requires a punch with a very generous reversal window.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Do they ship games with manuals now? I looked this one up online because I'm pretty sure they changed the inputs for limb targeting. It's pretty legible, as these things go.

Nobody has shipped a game with a manual in like 10 years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm basic_chunnel on PSN if anybody wants CAWs that date back to the first Smackdown to show up in their Career mode.

Speaking of which, I recommend feuding with Ziggler, the setup for the Zig Zag requires a punch with a very generous reversal window.

Any move that's done from behind uses that set-up. I played a match with Miz AS Ziggler and only got hit with the Finale when Miz managed to catch me after Baron Corbin distracted me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There's definitely a fair few bugs in implementation. In my career mode, I had an extended two month feud with Ziggler that had me winning every match but one. At Battleground my guy went over in a grueling 5 star match. The result? Ziggler won the rivalry and I was lauded as "the new champion" despite us fighting over the #5 spot in the US title rankings.

Hell, maybe he won because I knocked him out of US title contention and now he can fight for a belt with prestige.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Second time I've won a match and "won" a big promo and still lost the rivalry. This system is very opaque and counterintuitive.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ziggler won the rivalry because he carried you to a 5 star classic

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I rented this from a redbox to play last night. boy it feels stiffer than the older gamer by a lot. I think the overall system is ok but jesus christ when you're on the ground it's like you can't even loving get up unless you use a reversal; you can just wail on someone loving forever. I had to put reversals as unlimited just to have more fun with things. it doesn't make things any easier because the reversal windows is absolutely moronic for certain moves now, like the moments to reverse in 2k13 made more loving sense than here.

the creation suite is nice and they improved the poo poo by 300% compared to the embarrassingly abhorrent number of options in the previous game. part of me wants to go into it but man, I just don't have the time anymore to sit for loving hours and create guys, especially when I can't use custom music on PS4 and it's tied to an especially stiff and slow fighting system. A lot of running attacks look loving dumb when they hit and the graphics system needs a huge overhaul. 2K needs to let go of last gen already because half the characters look like poo poo.

I mentioned the music editor before. It sucks and feels like a monkey tried to remake Audacity with sticks and stones.

Overall just from a day of playing it I would not buy this, and it's legit more fun to watch someone play this game than actually play it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The face capture thing really needs to give you the ability to snip edges.

I guess you could probably upload a custom design that's a big circle with a center cutout and wrap that over the edges too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Which game did you buy? There are definitely generic videos in 2k17. a few dozen of them
Ribbon videos? Not the stuff on the titantron, the ribbon graphics. If there are generic ones of those, I missed them, and I was looking. I went with WWE Classic just to have something that wasn't Generic RAW but wasn't branded to an existing wrestler.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So question, if I were to make an edit for a wrestler, could I edit their hair? I want to give Alexa her pigtails...

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

So question, if I were to make an edit for a wrestler, could I edit their hair? I want to give Alexa her pigtails...

Nope, you cannot change their hair.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 14, 2016

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
For some odd reason, custom alternate attires for HBK and Taker don't appear in the selection screen. Anyone else experiencing this?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One apparent note, going by official forum complaints - as of now you cannot edit title matches in Universe mode, doing so will simply add a duplicate match with the newly chosen participants to the card. You can book extremely long and confusing PPVs this way.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Now i can finally replicate that Vengeance ppv or whatever where Orton and HHH had like 4 matches in the same night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

projecthalaxy posted:

Now i can finally replicate that Vengeance ppv or whatever where Orton and HHH had like 4 matches in the same night.

You're probably thinking of No Mercy 2007

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah that one. It was stupid. It's a shame the Punjabi Prison was never in a game though. Or the Kennel from Hell. Or the old NWA Shark Tank Match. I want dumb match types.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

One apparent note, going by official forum complaints - as of now you cannot edit title matches in Universe mode, doing so will simply add a duplicate match with the newly chosen participants to the card. You can book extremely long and confusing PPVs this way.

Vince Russo Simulation Edition

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

God wrestling wikis are the worst/best

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah that one. It was stupid. It's a shame the Punjabi Prison was never in a game though. Or the Kennel from Hell. Or the old NWA Shark Tank Match. I want dumb match types.

There is some circumstantial evidence that the poster for it happened when someone told Randy about the "Release the Doves" goon meme. Also, the Randy/HHH matches were really good so I can never hate this show.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Are the improvements to the Universe mode and general gameplay worth a poo poo?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gameplay's better, I think. The expansion of red reversals (which when triggered prevent an opponent from reversing your moves for a good 15 seconds) prevent outright cakewalks even when you get the reversal windows down to reflex. Crowd sounds are a little more varied this time too, which I appreciate

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Optimist with doubt posted:

Both men performed a variety of wrestling maneuvers, including a DDT

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Optimist with doubt posted:

The event featured professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds, plots and storylines. Wrestlers were portrayed as either villains or fan favorites as they followed a series of tension-building events, which culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
The spectrum is real and alive on wrestling wikipedia pages.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Aren't like ten of the 100 most edited pages on wikipedia wrestling related?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benoit and Hogan pretty much have to be in the top 100

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm playing NHL 17, CFO$ Adam Rose entrance music is in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Speaking of entrance music, I'm assuming all the generic wrestler themes are noticeably quieter than the real ones (like, you can't hear them over the crowd) because their budget ran out before they could actually test them. They're also basically mid-priced keyboard presets.