Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Scalia's demise was crazy. I don't think there's ever been a more obvious murder that everyone just short of shrugged at because dude was such a huge prick

:what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im imagining someone trying to punch Steve Miller and getting their hand caught in a pair of jaws that open up vertically in his forehead, like a monster from The Thing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Scalia's demise was crazy. I don't think there's ever been a more obvious murder that everyone just short of shrugged at because dude was such a huge prick

wat

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

zegermans posted:

QUestion why is Star Trek derided for it's technobabble but everyone thinks the Tears in the Rain speech was good even though it was also dumb technobabble?

It's Rutger Hauer, gently caress off. The legend improvised it on the spot.

No seriously, gently caress off.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thomas gonna retire to work his dream job at the coke can factory

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

paranoid randroid posted:

im imagining someone trying to punch Steve Miller and getting their hand caught in a pair of jaws that open up vertically in his forehead, like a monster from The Thing

Some people call him the space cowboy.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

It's Rutger Hauer, gently caress off. The legend improvised it on the spot.

So the poor man's Dennis Hopper?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
scalia was an inside job

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

zegermans posted:

QUestion why is Star Trek derided for it's technobabble but everyone thinks the Tears in the Rain speech was good even though it was also dumb technobabble?

If you can't tell the difference between those two things, which are both cool and good btw, then you're an emotionless replicant who wouldn't turn over a turtle to save its life

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

argh, lawyers!!!!!!

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

i'm having sex right now

Jelly, I've never shitpost while getting my d wet.

You're living the hedonistic life I want

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

wtf

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

an alternative universe as in the election was a catalyzing event for me and, i presume, a bunch of others to get my/their sadbrains treated [again]

an alternative universe wherein i somehow find myself preferring Ted "Persecuted" Cruz for president

an alternative universe where the major connecticut city in the NYC metro area is spelled with an m rather than an n (??????????)

fella ain't wrong!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I cannot believe an incredibly fat man who appeared to have been made of baby seal grease died in his hunting lodge.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's true

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

ABOUT loving TIME JESUS CHRIST

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

not federally. debtor's prison was totally a thing in the early phases of the union, the were mostly phased out because they created a de-facto slave class and that wasn't so cool after the whole you know civil war thing

might be unconstitutional on the state level but i doubt it.

even if it can be argued to be unconstitutional (like the implementation of it unfairly targets minorities or something and that's innate to the nature of the law) that takes dumb amounts of time.

the 13th amendment specifically exempts criminal punishment from the slavery ban

which was the point, to redirect the slave market to the carceral state

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

and those fuckjing smug rear end bears with the teeth in those kids' books, them too

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Al! posted:

argh, lawyers!!!!!!

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

zegermans posted:

the rich man's Jeroen Krabbe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ahahahaha

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

zegermans posted:

Ze, everyone laughs at that speech. It had so much potential of being something poignant and moving that it's failure poignantly moved a lot of people ... to scornful parodies.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

It's true

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how tho

they fill like 2 totally different niches

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zegermans posted:

trek babble is plot xritical but the key part of the batty speecj was the stufg you could understand at age 11 like his genuinw humqn emotions and awareneas of not only hua mortality but of thq fleeting nature of all nhuman works and thoughts, of one persons smallness in the grand tapestru of humaniry and humanitya smallneas in time ans spact

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
Trump(35): Reach out and punch face

nice

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

petit choux posted:

its been a month, lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

petit choux posted:

Hard to believe but Trump's only been prez for one month

we're 2% through this poo poo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvjf3laL_U

Huh SPencer?!? Eat some of that you dumbo.

Also all their songs about being gay.

Al! posted:

"an alternative universe where protesters aren't paid by george soros, where muslims aren't planning to kill your children, and where a 1500 mile long wall across the sonoran desert seems like a stupid idea"

I just remembered that Bannon straight out believes that immigration caused the ebola scare

quote:

[quote]Bannon kept his word from the Embassy party, and he and I met for dinner two weeks later in New York, at The Odeon, a cheery bistro in lower Manhattan. He arrived buzzing with intensity, with two pens clipped to his shirt collar. Over the next 90 minutes he barely touched his food and never took off his coat. He was too busy trying to bring me up to speed on the world as he and Breitbart saw it — the world that everyone else was missing.

There was lots of news on the docket, little of it grounded in accepted fact: Bannon described what he claimed were 10 counties in the Rio Grande Valley under full operational control of the drug cartels, and exposed only by the diligence of Breitbart Texas: “It’ll blow your loving mind. We’ll take you on poo poo in Laredo and these other places; you literally will think, ‘I can’t be in America.’” U.S. immigration policy he said, had been designed expressly to undermine the labor market: “When you flood the zone, as Jeff Sessions says, with 50 million workers…” Then there was a theory that Ebola was spreading in West Africa because of the negligence of President Obama: “By the way, he’s never been briefed” on the virus. ISIS is actively plotting to assassinate the pope.

https://news.vice.com/story/steve-bannon-breitbart-white-house

The most powerful man in America everyone

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh you mean like in this webcomic?

zegermans posted:

Mods??

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

its been a month, lol

I think I finally understand that time is relative poo poo Einstein was talking about.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao zegs got probated for that post as i was typing

anyway where's the tweet

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
New Constitution:

Elections are nationalized, redistricting is independent or computerized, sortition for house of representatives

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
oh joy michelle fiore is back in nevada running for things

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

steve miller and stephen miller are different people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH850qp85Zk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

oh joy michelle fiore is back in nevada running for things

isnt she the one who aided and abetted that armed takeover of that bird sanctuary????? that everyone was let off the hook for

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

The most powerful man in America everyone

oh cool hes operating on a Louie Gohmert level of cognizance

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CrumFUNist! posted:

both lovely people iyam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CrumFUNist! posted: