Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Perturbator - Dangerous Days goes on presale today (as of 5 minutes ago). 75 copies in USA/Canada on colour and 35 on black.

http://www.blood-music.com/store-us/

I already bagged my black one, but the website is choking the gently caress out. Paid way too much in postage, but I don't care. I loving love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_uEt2aoFaI

midge fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Haha, 28 dollars=28 euros. Classy.

e: US shipping 7.50 dollars, EU shipping 15 euro. For a Parisian based artist.

This isn't a very good store.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 23, 2014

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
That link is for the North American store front.

http://www.blood-music.com/store-eu/ is for EU. Although your comments could still be true, I've not checked. Given the state of the CDN I'm happy it's such a gently caress up, the $20 postage however :/

Edit : Oh yeah, 43 EUR to get this to someone in the UK from the EU page. gently caress me. Between this and the Danger EP yesterday I'm glad I didn't spend anything at RSD.

midge fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 23, 2014

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.

trdn89 posted:

I would never have gotten the William Onyeabor thing...

Actually the shop up the street from me had five copies yesterday. Would have been happy to grab one for you. I also found two of the death waltz releases left over, Degradation of Emanuelle and Bronx Warriors if anyone's looking for those.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, sucked up and paid the 45e for the Pertubator record to the UK too. Got on early to make sure I got the splatter, had to at that price! Web store died straight away, which is crazy given that it didn't sell out straight away or anything.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, sucked up and paid the 45e for the Pertubator record to the UK too. Got on early to make sure I got the splatter, had to at that price! Web store died straight away, which is crazy given that it didn't sell out straight away or anything.

There are less copies of the black version (100), I'm not much of a coloured (200) vinyl lover anyhow. Yeah, the stored died 1 minute after the product went live, took me 5 minutes of refreshing to finally get my order through.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Eh I don't really care about issue size, I want the one I like the look of the most. Splatter sold out a fair bit quicker than black, was surprised the price was the same.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
So because I obviously have a problem, I swung into the thrift store again this afternoon. Nothing amazing, couple electro records, and I saw a copy of Al Martino doing the theme from The Godfather. I'm not on board with soundtracks like some of you guys are, but what's better than the music from the Godfather? So I grabbed it.

I was checking it out outside the store, and I flipped it over. Someone had written on the back, but it was big letters. Nobody writes their name on a record like that, unless...

A quick GIS later to see what his autograph looks like, looks like I grabbed a copy of Speak Softly autographed by Johnny Fontaine! How cool is that?

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 23, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

BigFactory posted:

So because I obviously have a problem, I swung into

rehab?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Even worse.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

BigFactory posted:

A quick GIS later to see what his autograph looks like, looks like I grabbed a copy of Speak Softly autographed by Johnny Fontaine! How cool is that?

Looks like Al Martino to me.

Also, it must have been sort of embarrassing to take the punched/cut record to have him sign.

I remember reading somewhere that a Yello album (I think You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess) was intentionally cut/punched in production as a tongue in cheek joke that it would be one of the records to end up that way.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Fors Yard posted:

Also, it must have been sort of embarrassing to take the punched/cut record to have him sign.

Mr. Martino, I found this in the cut out bin, could you sign it?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Isn't it more likely it was signed first then punched?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Bought the LCD Soundsystem live box and an original copy of Velvet Underground at Max's Kansas City today:

The LCD box has to be one of the nicest LP box sets I've ever seen. It's obvious that a lot of love and care went into putting the whole package together. And the music itself sounds fantastic.

The only annoying thing is that the sides are split for DJs with two turntable setups, so it's split up like this:

Record 1 side a
Record 2 side b
Record 1 side c
Record 2 side d
Record 3 side e
Record 4 side f
Record 5 side g
Record 3 side h
Record 4 side i
Record 5 side j

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Surfingelectrode posted:

Bought the LCD Soundsystem live box and an original copy of Velvet Underground at Max's Kansas City today:

The LCD box has to be one of the nicest LP box sets I've ever seen. It's obvious that a lot of love and care went into putting the whole package together. And the music itself sounds fantastic.

The only annoying thing is that the sides are split for DJs with two turntable setups, so it's split up like this:

Record 1 side a
Record 2 side b
Record 1 side c
Record 2 side d
Record 3 side e
Record 4 side f
Record 5 side g
Record 3 side h
Record 4 side i
Record 5 side j

Get one of those old 70s turntables with the stackable disc thing.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

beergod posted:

Isn't it more likely it was signed first then punched?

It usually means that it is unsold/remainder so it wouldn't have had an owner prior to being punched, then it is put in the discount bin to be sold.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Surfingelectrode posted:

The only annoying thing is that the sides are split for DJs with two turntable setups

Buy a second turntable and a mixer. It's so much more fun to listen to records that way, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. So much better than the long pause while you put away the first record then take out the second, then finally get to rock out again, especially if you've got friends over. Do it for the people, it's not just for djs.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 23, 2014

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.

Snowy posted:

Buy a second turntable and a mixer. It's so much more fun to listen to records that way, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. So much better than the long pause while you put away the first record then take out the second, then finally get to rock out again, especially if you've got friends over. Do it for the people, it's not just for djs.

Yeah man. Just drop another few hundo for all the friends (read: kidnapped girls) you entertain (read: murder).

Surfingelectrode posted:

Record 1 side a
Record 2 side b
Record 1 side c
Record 2 side d
Record 3 side e
Record 4 side f
Record 5 side g
Record 3 side h
Record 4 side i
Record 5 side j

Hahaha, I knew Murphy would find some way to tell his fans to go gently caress themselves even further. Have fun changing the record twice as often.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

the only thing my friends complain about when they come over is the long pause between side a and b of Earth 2

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Surfingelectrode posted:

Record 1 side a
Record 2 side b
Record 1 side c
Record 2 side d
Record 3 side e
Record 4 side f
Record 5 side g
Record 3 side h
Record 4 side i
Record 5 side j

Jesus, I wonder if the regular non-RSD release will be like that as well?

Trash Talk's new LP is up for pre-order on their site, as well. Black or limited edition colour.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
You guys and your "friends"

~cuddles records tightly~

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think friendless shut-ins would also enjoy the smooth flow of music that two turntables provide.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I don't even know what models would have that. Wasn't it only like 70s/80s tables?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

WASDF posted:

I don't even know what models would have that. Wasn't it only like 70s/80s tables?

Your turntables don't have reverb/delay?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Mine's from the late 1950s I think.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I went to a strange record store of sorts, Crate Records, a "vinyl record and reclaimed product store and production studio" in East Williamsburg Brooklyn. http://www.wrecordsbymonkey.com/blog-2

They have some innovative advertising, cut up and silkscreened record wedges stuck into the dirt around trees where dogs poo poo:

So the place is part record store where everything is $1, with the remaining records going into products like iphone cases and bracelets made by the enthused and somewhat manic proprietor Monkey. He says he works in volume so he just wants to keep the records moving by keeping them so cheap. He gets them from large scale local market vendors who don't want to sell $5 records. They sell them to him for .10-.30, he sells for a dollar. There seemed to be a decent selection considering the price, and they are sorted by genre so it's not a total crapshoot.

Supposedly he wants people to be able to get the good stuff, then the rest is turned into trinkets like bracelets which have apparently already made him a million dollars. He also does pop up shops in Whole Foods, so maybe it's true.

It feels a little strange to see all these records getting chopped up and turned into flyers, coasters, etc. He had 8 2LP copies of Ride the Lightning that he turned into stool seats! But I'll be checking in there more often to see what might turn up.

:barf:

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 25, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shiiiiit I knew Human Head wasn't selling RSD releases, but I just now find out about this:

quote:

The prize for the most inventive Record Store Day celebration goes to Williamsburg vinyl emporium Human Head. The store will be hosting a record-cutting expert, who will burn any song you bring in — on CD or mp3 — onto a 7-inch vinyl while you wait. The store will not be selling official Record Store Day releases, but it promises discounts on all inventory in the store.

gently caress there's so many things I would have put on a 7" and it's right around the corner practically :smithicide:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
If it makes you feel any better, the line there was really long (made the store kind of hard to navigate :v:)

I totally forgot to check out The Crate, sounds interesting. Thanks for the trip report.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Snowy posted:

Shiiiiit I knew Human Head wasn't selling RSD releases, but I just now find out about this:

gently caress there's so many things I would have put on a 7" and it's right around the corner practically :smithicide:

This owns. Regardless of the quality, it's a cool thing to have.

Don't even get me started on the resale value of such an item when you are the only person who owns a certain song on a 7 inch record

CD quality and mastered, but you know people will pay far out the rear end for it.

e: Wait, is it legal to just press someone else's song unto vinyl?

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 25, 2014

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It probably falls under the Audio Home Recording Act, like making a mix CD/tape whatever.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: Wait, is it legal to just press someone else's song unto vinyl?

I'd guess they wouldn't want to press other people's music, but that seems like a waste of an opportunity anyway.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Usually people who cut records tend to shy away from advertising the fact that they have the capability of reproducing copyrighted material. Most will outright refuse. This guy obviously gives no fucks. Could be a mutually beneficial arrangement for both, a gimmick for the record store and a way for the lathe troll to drum up legitimate business.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Snowy posted:

I'd guess they wouldn't want to press other people's music, but that seems like a waste of an opportunity anyway.

Unless you like money.

Press some Jack White demo unto a 7 inch, throw it on eBay as the only copy in existence, and watch it skyrocket.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I was going to put that Medieval MAN song from Warcraft 2 on vinyl. That would get serious cash, right?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cemetry Gator posted:

I was going to put that Medieval MAN song from Warcraft 2 on vinyl. That would get serious cash, right?

It's only $20 if you can get them to press it http://meeprecords.com/#pricing

Or you can invest in your own lathe and join The Secret Society of Lathe Trolls: http://www.lathetrolls.net/

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Unless you like money.

Press some Jack White demo unto a 7 inch, throw it on eBay as the only copy in existence, and watch it skyrocket.

A good way to bilk CPL out of some money.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

A good way to bilk CPL out of some money.

I like Jack White, but I don't go for any of that gimmicky bullshit people fall all over themselves to buy on ebay.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

I like Jack White, but I don't go for any of that gimmicky bullshit people fall all over themselves to buy on ebay.

Speaking of which, we've had blood filled vinyl so the only place left to take it is a big, thick 12" filled with jizz.

I wonder who the brave soul will be.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Speaking of which, we've had blood filled vinyl so the only place left to take it is a big, thick 12" filled with jizz.

I wonder who the brave soul will be.

That'll be the centerpiece of Wayne Coyne's nonstop attention whoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Paging Surfingelectrode