Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

odo must have had to deal with so many random perverts looking to act out their otherwise impossible fetishes over the years.

Nah they have holodecks those impossible fetishes are well and truly acted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

No hologram can shame you like Odo can though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Nah they have holodecks those impossible fetishes are well and truly acted out.

by that logic no one would ever go to risa.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Dr Zimmerman wants to rub his bald head on Leetas brains

naem posted:

SNW’s Riker

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

naem posted:

SNW’s Riker

I said it before and I'll say it again, she looks like a god drat Final Fantasy character somehow, I can't explain it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mycomancy posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again, she looks like a god drat Final Fantasy character somehow, I can't explain it.

I can see it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I like that when they need to show that the villain of the episode is serious and strong that they beat up Worf but then in In Purgatorys Shadow, Worf goes 7-0 against the Jem Ha'dar

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I like that when they need to show that the villain of the episode is serious and strong that they beat up Worf but then in In Purgatorys Shadow, Worf goes 7-0 against the Jem Ha'dar

Undefeated champion of the Gamma Quadrant.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

No hologram can shame you like Odo can though.

Sub: Tell me I'm bad, Constable. Tell me I'm worthless scum.

Odo: Harrumph.

Sub: Holy- [chokes back a sob] Aubergine... I'm saying the safe word. Aubergine.

Odo: [grunts]

Sub: You're a monster. gently caress you. [runs off crying]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Riker: Computer! Where is Lt Barclay?

Computer: Lt Barclay is in podcast editing bay 7.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dr Zimmerman wants to rub his bald head on Leetas brains

Riker is 28 when TNG starts

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

The Jem Ha'Dar just give up fighting him since they can only kill him not defeat him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's basically the same as homer simpson's boxing career.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So why kill off Jadzia with only one season to go?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Cause in the '90s gay characters had to tragically die.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

TheKingslayer posted:

“Hey would it be okay if my character either have less screen time or more to do?”

“Hey, Terry says she wants out, kill that bitch asap”

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Do kazons have bony ridges on their scalps or do they all just wear elaborate beehive hairdos because it’s in fashion at the time we see them? Would they still be unable to wear hats if you shaved their heads?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Do kazons have bony ridges on their scalps or do they all just wear elaborate beehive hairdos because it’s in fashion at the time we see them? Would they still be unable to wear hats if you shaved their heads?

It's not hair.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not hair.

Well whatever it is it’s disgusting.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So racist

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Seriously not everyone just has water on their planets

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I don’t care for the Kazon

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
ChickenHeart DS9 S2 watchthru trip report: The Jake/Nog moments in this series has shown that I'm a complete and utter sucker for the "kids from different societies bond despite friction between their cultures" trope.

"Sanctuary" was pretty flat otherwise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Not all species keep their genitals in the same place

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

Sub: Tell me I'm bad, Constable. Tell me I'm worthless scum.

Odo: Harrumph.

Sub: Holy- [chokes back a sob] Aubergine... I'm saying the safe word. Aubergine.

Odo: [grunts]

Sub: You're a monster. gently caress you. [runs off crying]

:lol:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Rom having tunable hearing is very silly

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Because she was an actress trying to have some career continuity by signing into other show when DS9 was winding down, and doing so without getting approval from the god king of Star Trek, Rick Berman.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The eternal answer to many "Why?" questions about Star Trek, "Because Rick and/or Gene was an rear end in a top hat." :allears:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

ChickenHeart DS9 S2 watchthru trip report: The Jake/Nog moments in this series has shown that I'm a complete and utter sucker for the "kids from different societies bond despite friction between their cultures" trope.

"Sanctuary" was pretty flat otherwise.

It's amazing watching Nog and Jake in the early seasons that it's Nog who gets the big storyline and character development, and Jake just kinda.... gets tall and is there. Still in the main credits though!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

It's amazing watching Nog and Jake in the early seasons that it's Nog who gets the big storyline and character development, and Jake just kinda.... gets tall and is there. Still in the main credits though!

they had no idea what to do with that kid

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

still better than wesley though

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

redshirt posted:

I've said this before, I am 99% certain that it was done purposefully to avoid accidentally making him the Wesley Crusher 2.0. If Jake never does anything he cannot be hated for being boy wonder or superchild.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Just rewatched the “Nog lost a leg and got PTSD” episode and while I never liked Vic Fontaine I had to admit he grew on me a little after that one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Der Kyhe posted:

I've said this before, I am 99% certain that it was done purposefully to avoid accidentally making him the Wesley Crusher 2.0. If Jake never does anything he cannot be hated for being boy wonder or superchild.

I figured it was an "accidental" breakout role similar to Damar. He was just kinda meant to be "The Best Friend", but evolved in the role over time being a good actor and they gave him more to do. Jake getting largely sidelined just kinda happened from falling into the gaps between everyone else's storylines.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Wasnt there a USS Nog in Disco

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

a real rude dude posted:

Wasnt there a USS Nog in Disco

Yeah, and the class was named after his actor, the Eisenberg Class.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Think it was in Picard, not Disco, which would make more sense since Disco happened before DS9

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was in Disco season 3/4, so the 32nd century.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scratch Monkey posted:

Think it was in Picard, not Disco, which would make more sense since Disco happened before DS9

The Nog appeared in the 29th century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

redshirt posted:

I wonder if Jake and Nog spent so much time sitting under that Promenade railing because geometrically, it was one of the few possible ways to get them both in the same shot after Cirroc Lofton suddenly sprang up to about eleven feet tall.