Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Picked this up last month as a replacement for my 1999 Saab; sorry for the terrible image quality.

2006 BMW 325i

EDIT: (E90)

vvv I am dumb.

TRANS AM 20000 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

General Wiggles posted:

Picked this up last month as a replacement for my 1999 Saab; sorry for the terrible image quality.

2006 BMW 325i (E46)

That's an E90 boss.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You can get an 06 E46 coupe however.

Because BMW.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Drove to the top of the world yesterday.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I really do need to take the drive up Mt Washington one of these days. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

Edit: Speaking of which, here's a dude with a deathwish riding it on a dirtbike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DjEO-tnZo

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 27, 2013

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea same here, it seemed much longer when I was a kid though. I just went earlier in the month in a group thing but it was foggy that day and I wanted to be able to see out this time. I'm kind of afraid of heights and there are some genuinely scary parts near the top. Especially the dirt part. I love it up there though, its kinda spooky sometimes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Hike up so you can actually feel satisfied with yourself.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I want to but that will take a little more planning since its already like a 5 hour drive from here.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

MikeyTsi posted:

You know that if that's a HID retrofit that the backing was black for a reason, right?

Looks like a single projector to me. Which means the light is projected out, not reflected. So I don't see any harm in what he did.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
Went to a little Caterham 7 BBQ. Even though the weather's already getting a little crisp, there's still plenty of time to drive with the top down if you just have the right attitude!

And a couple of shots from the summer that I think I haven't posted here yet:

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

j.peeba posted:

Went to a little Caterham 7 BBQ. Even though the weather's already getting a little crisp, there's still plenty of time to drive with the top down if you just have the right attitude!

And a couple of shots from the summer that I think I haven't posted here yet:

Cute.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Thank you for the new phone wallpaper.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Partially fixed my brakes. I don't seem to have anyway to loosen the bleeder screws, though, so I'm gonna leave it with a mechanic for an hour while I go to school and let HIM do it.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
The older Alfas all washed up before winter storage. I should drop the front of the GTV by an inch or so. Just need to find the time and motivation to adjust the torsion bars. The 75 would need some mapping, brake balance/force testing, a few uniballs instead of rubber/polyurethane to the front suspension, transaxle oil change and maybe a clutch job. Should be enough for the winter, considering the lack of a warm garage.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Is that coolant hose OEM?

:stare:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is that coolant hose OEM?

:stare:

It is, but is a bit more twisted now because the radiator has been tilted back to make room for a front mounted intercooler.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

My "new" 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, which I adore :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DesperateDan posted:

My "new" 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, which I adore :)

Sweet car. Terrible wheels covers.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rhyno posted:

Meh, I like them enough. Certainly not as annoying as the fake S4 badging which will probably be coming off soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DesperateDan posted:

Meh, I like them enough. Certainly not as annoying as the fake S4 badging which will probably be coming off soon.

They look like the cheap replacements my dad bought for his Golf. Yuck.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
All hubcaps are bad, but those arent terrible. My old glossy black spraypainted ones were.

Ah, to be 17 and full of great ideas.

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 11, 2013

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They're hubcaps?? They look like alloys. Get some paint and spray the centres and they'll look at least... 15 times better.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Those are rims, from the A8 IIRC.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They're hubcaps?? They look like alloys. Get some paint and spray the centres and they'll look at least... 15 times better.

They are alloys, and not the originals. Hopefully over the weekend I will get the time to have a better look at what the previous owner did to it (he may have sprayed the middles himself), as well as fit the new stereo (previous owner botched the install of an ipod connector and disconnected the rear speakers and sub) and start a few interior repairs (rear ashtray and glovebox hinge e.t.c).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Muffinpox posted:

Those are rims, from the A8 IIRC.

Seriously? That makes them even worse.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno posted:

They look like the cheap replacements my dad bought for his Golf. Yuck.

Rhyno posted:

Seriously? That makes them even worse.
Calm down over those wheels, bro. :coal:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Calm down over those wheels, bro. :coal:

THOSE LOOK LIKE THE WHEELS THAT KILLED MY BROTHER.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

THOSE LOOK LIKE THE WHEELS THAT KILLED MY BROTHER.

Fell off the guard tower onto his head, did they?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I like the wheels, gives it a very clean, video-game-esque low-poly look. Also, are those S4 blades that were added?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

meatpimp posted:

I like the wheels, gives it a very clean, video-game-esque low-poly look. Also, are those S4 blades that were added?

It's an S-Line that has been rebadged as an S4 (as well as some other mods like an induction kit the size of a wastepaper basket), I think they came with some of the same suspension and bodywork extras but without the really nice bits like the bigger engine. Popping off the S4 badges as soon as I can find the hairdryer, already fed up of BMW's wanting a race at the lights no I'm not, but it feels fraudulent

The alloys are growing on me :)

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

meatpimp posted:

It's a B6 Ultrasport, not an S-line. The USP was the B6 equivalent of the S-line though. Those are B7 S-line blades, however, which don't stick out as much as S4 blades. I'd bet that the wheels are replicas, not OE A8 wheels.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 12, 2013

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.

DoLittle posted:

The older Alfas all washed up before winter storage. I should drop the front of the GTV by an inch or so. Just need to find the time and motivation to adjust the torsion bars. The 75 would need some mapping, brake balance/force testing, a few uniballs instead of rubber/polyurethane to the front suspension, transaxle oil change and maybe a clutch job. Should be enough for the winter, considering the lack of a warm garage.

This is what I wanted my Milano (75) to look like before it rusted into the ground. Very nice Alfa stable!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

DropShadow posted:

It's a B6 Ultrasport, not an S-line. The USP was the B6 equivalent of the S-line though. Those are B7 S-line blades, however, which don't stick out as much as S4 blades. I'd bet that the wheels are replicas, not OE A8 wheels.

That's me schooled!

How would I tell if the wheels are OEM?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

DesperateDan posted:

That's me schooled!

How would I tell if the wheels are OEM?

Next time you have one off, look at the back side of the spokes. You'll see stampings that will tell you who made them, offset, etc. The only reason I say they might be reps is that the spokes look slightly different than the OE versions. No shame in running reps though.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

IMG_1424 by avidMedia, on Flickr

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beautiful.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
I bought some things for my ugly duckling Miata, and now I like it more.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 13, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Can someone post a photo of those huge and ridiculous mercedes chrome wheels? The ones that look almost like deep dish pizza trays? I kinda have an obsession with those things. They are cool and large and shiny and look cool on 90s S class sedans.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Chriskory posted:

I bought some things for my ugly duckling Miata, and now I like it more.

I don't know what it used to look like, but that is far from ugly duckling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Even the go kart track at Road America is fun.

G-Mach fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 14, 2013