Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Is iRacing down for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

It's patch day - iRacing's website is creaky even when every subscriber isn't simultaneously trying to download a new build and F5ing the store to buy Le Mans.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Helicon One posted:

It's patch day - iRacing's website is creaky even when every subscriber isn't simultaneously trying to download a new build and F5ing the store to buy Le Mans.

Oh dang, I had no idea that was happening. This is my first patch day I guess. I haven't been playing iRacing for very long.

e: I guess I'll go run laps in pCars in the mean time, lol.

Serjeant Buzfuz fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 6, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm probably going to get suspended after telling the "REALY THREEWIDE?!" guy to "pull over and eat a loving bag of flaming dicks you coward"

I should just shut off coms. But I'm an idiot that thinks I need to hear people whine about my restarts.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Worth it. I love you.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Norns posted:

I'm probably going to get suspended after telling the "REALY THREEWIDE?!" guy to "pull over and eat a loving bag of flaming dicks you coward"

I should just shut off coms. But I'm an idiot that thinks I need to hear people whine about my restarts.

I love you too.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

You can use my account.

Edit: I think I'm going to do pickup cup and 3 wide it every chance I get.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Somebody reported me. So far nothing has come from it, but this person had their last name listed twice. And I said something along the lines of "how does that even happen, unless you have an Alabama wedding and both siblings want to keep their last name."

Some people need to learn to chill out.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
listen man, your race doesnt matter, you ruined THEIR RACE

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't mind something in the OP like

I know we go on and on about Gooncar and it looks like every second post is someone talking about how awesome our smashy races are, but there also people in this thread (like me!) who don't Gooncar for whatever reason and just come here to talk iRacing with Goons because our forums are rad. So if you're a iRacer then please feel free to post, being part of Gooncar is certainly not a requirement.

It's along the lines of 'this is actually the fun part of iRacing'.. which it might be for you but isn't for me. I have plenty of other games like PCars which are great for servers with friends, but iRacing I take more seriously because it's got all the awesome multiplayer infrastructure behind it.

Basically, I know sometimes this thread looks like it should in 'Private Game Servers' rather than generally about iRacing.. but don't worry because there are other people here who also don't Gooncar.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
please post about iracing related things in the iracing thread, including racing with each other at a set time, or just talk about iracing in general. thank u in advanced

in big bold letters at the top of the op.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah there's no need to tell people they don't have to take part in gooncar, they can just not take part in gooncar.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Agreed, but I'd also maybe get rid of the line "Welcome to the actual fun part of iRacing.", cause, I dunno, that's kinda a weird thing to say.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
god forbid we say nice things* about gooncar to try to make people interested in it.

* that may or may not be true.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't do gooncar and I post here. I love seeing all the clips and you guys talking about it. But even making it to the actual tryhard races I do is a stretch.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dont get mad Osh. Just dont put in the OP that Gooncar is the height of iRacing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The height of iracing is watching bad drivers rant at about the injustice of other bad drivers. Every now and then you get a racist or misogynist. It's pretty magical.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No misogyny, but girl iRacers.. I've seen like one I think in the 5+ years I've been with the service. Are there any in the other timezones?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Im sitting here seething with rage that you dont agree with me the gooncar is better in every way than either the iracing grand prix series, nay, better than real life f1 it self with equally skilled drivers. Truly we should be paying minto hundreds of dollars for this opportunity to show our skills on a truly worldwide stage!!!

Or maybe i just want more people to show up and drive cars with us. One of the two, honestly.

Also every girl iracer i see crashes into me, obviously they want a piece of this sweet rear end. :smuggo:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You insist on driving at times that suit America and Europe. These are obviously small civilizations in comparison to Australia. It's frustrating.

If I did come to Gooncar, I would probably crash into you too. I have never seen your rear end.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

If I did come to Gooncar, I would probably crash into you too. I have never seen your rear end.

And i promise you i would rage much harder than i am now.

But yes i agree that scheduling a single time for 3 different continents is hard. But we will still say good things about gooncar to maybe entice other people into being interested. Even if we have to use hyperbolic statements about the quality of gooncar*

*gooncar is good.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

OhsH posted:

Im sitting here seething with rage that you dont agree with me the gooncar is better in every way than either the iracing grand prix series, nay, better than real life f1 it self with equally skilled drivers.
Gooncar might actually be better than these things, though.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Gooncar might actually be better than these things, though.

I dont like f1, or iracing pro leagues, so i am inclined to agree.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

No misogyny, but girl iRacers.. I've seen like one I think in the 5+ years I've been with the service. Are there any in the other timezones?

There's one that I see on occasion in Indy Fixed, and rarely in some other series. The pink and black "Dominatrix Racing" paint scheme is a nice touch too.

Gooncar:

Shine posted:

So it was an hour of belching, wrecking, yelling, and generally people being GBS. :psyduck:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
^^^^^ hey that was friday night gooncar, totally different.

IOwnCalculus posted:

There's one that I see on occasion in Indy Fixed, and rarely in some other series. The pink and black "Dominatrix Racing" paint scheme is a nice touch too.

I know theres a leila who did sprint cars. Anybody who drives sprint cars in iracing are batshit.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

IOwnCalculus posted:

That is one of two women I am aware of (Krysta). That one is very weird. The other is Leila who Ohsh just mentioned and she is awesome.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I assume every woman driver is a actually a 13 year old boy who needed his mom's credit card. And he promised to take the dog for a walk every day for his account but never does. That little poo poo.

Edit: but some don't care about that and just go off the handle. I just like to watch people rage. It's also a good thing about gooncar.

The General fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 7, 2016

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
One of the things I like about iRacing is the usual gamer stereotypes don't apply. The servers are full of grown men who talk like adults and are happy to help out.

but, Australian and NO OVALS so YMMV

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Tony Montana posted:

but, Australian and NO OVALS so YMMV
You've said this, or something approaching this, probably 15 times in the thread. So I'm starting to wonder if you actually believe Australians and road racers are something other than insufferable right turning assholes from another part of the world as some other insufferable left turning assholes.

Road or oval, top or bottom split, B open or rookies - everyone reverts to childhood when they've been wrecked. The nationality just determines the accent, and the series just determines which direction they were turning when it happened.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Aussies also swear a lot more.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'll edit the Gooncar bit to sound more sarcastic or something but I'm not saying it's not the best part of iRacing bc it fuckin is.

Also if you want Gooncar races in your timezone put some goddamn sessions up jesus it's not hard.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Actually no I've changed my mind, I talk at length about how iRacing is good in the first post and walk through loads of questions about it, then have a couple of paragraphs in a separate post about Gooncar so I'm pretty sure it's fine.

I also don't care enough about people who don't want to be part of the social aspect to sell iRacing to them, if I'm honest.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The only Australian I can remember on iracing was the dude who decided to spend several laps bitching about me because when he was lapping me I "braked way too early" for Druids Bend at Brands Hatch and that I wasn't being considerate for lead lap cars when I braked at my normal mark. I wasn't lead lap pace (about a second and a half a lap off at the GP track in GT3s, probably back half of the field but not way off) and no one else complained but he went on and on, I muted the chat then a lap later unmuted it when I still saw him talking and he was still going on about it. The lesson that we can learn is that when you mostly race with Euros or Yanks, you'll probably remember the person with the different accent who annoys you for some reason, and totally ignore the other normal people that you race. I get that in some races, if I'm talking a lot (Sometimes you get dragged in, last time it was explaining the wave around rule to someone in Indy car who was confused why they never got their lap back, you really should know that poo poo but there's no harm in explaining it) I'll get asked where I'm from and occasionally some story about how their fifth cousin is Scottish and how much they like Haggis or some poo poo: and at this point it's only been an issue with one dude, probably because I'm the right kind of foreigner.

There's a women iracer from Poland (I assume, she certainly has a Polish name) who appears in my Skip races every so often, I only know this because we're equally slow but can control the car, so we actually have fun racing each other. There are probably more than you'd think kicking around, it's hard to tell when someone has a gender neutral name, and to this day I've never seen a women racer bother with iracing in game audio chat, which is probably sensible considering some iracers but means that they probably fly under the radar more than dudes.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Don't you give up on us, Vando.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The only Australian I remember is Largepotato because he actually races with us. Or did once, on the worst Friday Gooncar that ever existed. I hope he comes back, we can change :(

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

The General posted:

I assume every woman driver is a actually a 13 year old boy who needed his mom's credit card.

Conversely, I assume there's a bunch of women racers who got their names amended by customer services to avoid the rampant chat misogyny, dick pics and facebook stalking that would follow otherwise.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Vando posted:

The only Australian I remember is Largepotato because he actually races with us. Or did once, on the worst Friday Gooncar that ever existed. I hope he comes back, we can change :(

Have I actually done a Gooncar? I can't remember it.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Anybody down for doing the petit le mans?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Only if you promise not to wreck on the last lap this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Do they have schedules up somewhere for S4 yet? I am not good at navigating the site. :(

• Locked thread