Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre policing CC now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

theyre policing CC now??

They've done it in the past. They've removed Benoit before.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Perry Normal posted:

Which one is yours? I'd be down for a good Brody.

The one by JeffDL84

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Every time I talk myself out of buying this, something pulls me back in

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

The career mode is unplayably buggy for me, I can't progress at all.

I've been squashing everyone in NXT but I never move beyond #10 in the rankings. I had a rivalry with Samoa Joe, I won every match and every promo but he somehow won the rivalry.

I think im gonna give up on this game

Tho that Meltzer arena might change it

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I never touch any of the Career or Universe Modes. I just make and download CAWs and arenas, and create shows, and have fun playing exhibition matches. So I never deal with all the frustrations from the other modes, just occasional glitches in matches that are usually more funny than anything else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

The career mode is unplayably buggy for me, I can't progress at all.

I've been squashing everyone in NXT but I never move beyond #10 in the rankings. I had a rivalry with Samoa Joe, I won every match and every promo but he somehow won the rivalry.

I think im gonna give up on this game

Tho that Meltzer arena might change it

Make sure you're actually wrestling guys in the rankings. I think you literally have to beat the guy immediately above you to move up.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Re: 2K17

Is there some kinda "trick" to getting the CPU to stay down for a pin ? as regardless of meters/limb damage etc they are able to get out it seems.. very frustrating.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mfny posted:

Re: 2K17

Is there some kinda "trick" to getting the CPU to stay down for a pin ? as regardless of meters/limb damage etc they are able to get out it seems.. very frustrating.

Finishers, and make sure you're actually doing significant damage. It goes WAY past red in this one. You can get to grey if a match goes long enough.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There are only a few circumstances in which a pin will work. They have to be on their last half-health bar (so, red and black). At that point you can either pin them off a signature / finisher, which is the most straightforward way, or you can use a leverage or dirty pin. If you've got a high-level combo pin ability they'll work after you've whittled down an opponent's health and stamina.

That said, higher card workers will have the Resilience ability, which is either a contextual (up to 2 times) or guaranteed (1 time) get-out-of-pin free card. It also seems like this game will randomly throw a miracle 2.9 kickout from nowhere now and again. I actually achieved the irl impossible a few days ago - I hit a finisher on an obliterated opponent, got 2.9, then immediately pinned again and got 3.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

There are only a few circumstances in which a pin will work. They have to be on their last half-health bar (so, red and black). At that point you can either pin them off a signature / finisher, which is the most straightforward way, or you can use a leverage or dirty pin. If you've got a high-level combo pin ability they'll work after you've whittled down an opponent's health and stamina.

That said, higher card workers will have the Resilience ability, which is either a contextual (up to 2 times) or guaranteed (1 time) get-out-of-pin free card. It also seems like this game will randomly throw a miracle 2.9 kickout from nowhere now and again. I actually achieved the irl impossible a few days ago - I hit a finisher on an obliterated opponent, got 2.9, then immediately pinned again and got 3.

New ability for 2K18: That Was 3! - After a kickout at 2, you can attempt to convince the ref it was actually a 3-count. (10% chance of success)

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Chikara did that once, tried to find the vid but couldn't.

It's probably a really effective tactic against human players since the window to kick out is so small. Cheap, but effective.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Make sure you're actually wrestling guys in the rankings. I think you literally have to beat the guy immediately above you to move up.

How do I make sure I wrestle them? So i have to call out the #9 ranked guy?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

How do I make sure I wrestle them? So i have to call out the #9 ranked guy?

If you don't cut promos or actively seek a feud, the game should just book you against them on NXT TV.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think that's actually true. I'm slowly climbing the ranks of the tag team division and since art imitates life, my dude Triple H never actually shows up on the card and I end up only working singles matches against Dean Ambrose (though tag team run-ins will feature Trips coming out with me). Your rankings increase with popularity, I think. Put on good matches and you'll rise faster. "Faster" being a relative term here.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't think that's actually true. I'm slowly climbing the ranks of the tag team division and since art imitates life, my dude Triple H never actually shows up on the card and I end up only working singles matches against Dean Ambrose (though tag team run-ins will feature Trips coming out with me). Your rankings increase with popularity, I think. Put on good matches and you'll rise faster. "Faster" being a relative term here.

I think im in a weird situation where i've been beating people too easily and only putting on 3.5 star matches, therefore never raising popularity.

Also im not 100% certain on how promos work but i think im doing okay.

But god drat I shouldnt be crushing the champion like 5 times in a row without getting a title shot or a better ranking, 2k

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

My Hulk Hogan was removed from. Community creations. It sucks too, I had 699 downloads before they took him off. I was hoping I could just coast on that one to hit the silver rank.

Not a certainty, but I doubt it was a targeted removal. Looking at community creations today, there seems to be a lot of missing uploads that were available up until recently. They really need to figure out what is going on there, the hashtags barely work and apparently CAW's with a lot of logo's are currently causing save data corruption for many.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
So I missed the preorder. How do I buy oldberg?

Edit: wasnt there supposed to be a Nitro stage? I thought I saw it in the previews.

gypsyshred fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 20, 2016

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
What's the caw limit in the old gen?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there an easy way to turn babyface from a full heel meter? Or do you have to do weeks of promos and hope you pick the babyface lines?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

gypsyshred posted:

So I missed the preorder. How do I buy oldberg?

Edit: wasnt there supposed to be a Nitro stage? I thought I saw it in the previews.

Nitro stage was part of the goldberg preorder, it gave you 98 goldberg 04 goldberg nitro and halloween havoc with the giant inflatable pumpkin

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Brokenogre posted:

Nitro stage was part of the goldberg preorder, it gave you 98 goldberg 04 goldberg nitro and halloween havoc with the giant inflatable pumpkin

That also sounds awesome, Id love more WCW content. Should I bug a gamestop or is this more of a waiting game? How did the preorder get handled last year?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

gypsyshred posted:

That also sounds awesome, Id love more WCW content. Should I bug a gamestop or is this more of a waiting game? How did the preorder get handled last year?

I personally preordered digitally, but i know gamestop usually handles the preorder content by printing a code on the recept, your best chance is to go to walmart and look for a gamecase with a "PLAY AS GOLDBERG" tag on it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait until it is on PC for $20 with all the DLC. It's not even worth that, but certainly don't spend new game money on it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Castor Poe posted:

Bruiser Brody

Downloaded. I'll let you know how I like him.

remusclaw posted:

Not a certainty, but I doubt it was a targeted removal. Looking at community creations today, there seems to be a lot of missing uploads that were available up until recently. They really need to figure out what is going on there, the hashtags barely work and apparently CAW's with a lot of logo's are currently causing save data corruption for many.

I think some of it is they have some sort of "did you mean..." system like google results in place that they also give you results close to what you searched for in case you mistyped or are trying to sound out a word you haven't seen written. Talking about Bruiser Brody, I tested searching for "brodie" once instead of "brody" and it gave me all the same results. They're still figuring out how to balance the thing, I think. Searching for "chikara" used to bring up a ton of results for the joker - I assume "did you mean joker instead of chikara?" - but it doesn't do that anymore, so hopefully they're working on improving that.

EDIT - Just did RnR Express vs The Rockers, tornado tag elimination match. Jannetty got locked into his crawling animation and the RNRs stopped registering that he was there, so they double teamed me until they beat me. Now they're just standing around looking confused while Jannetty crawls forever.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 20, 2016

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Perry Normal posted:

EDIT - Just did RnR Express vs The Rockers, tornado tag elimination match. Jannetty got locked into his crawling animation and the RNRs stopped registering that he was there, so they double teamed me until they beat me. Now they're just standing around looking confused while Jannetty crawls forever.
Eugh that happened to me in a Royal Rumble match in 2k14. Somebody got stuck on the top rope like a gargoyle and the A.I. couldn't find him. We played through a 40 man Rumble thinking the A.I. would knock him down once there was nobody else in the ring or the "three guys left in the ring" cutscene would trigger. Nope.

I also had a joke Create-a-Finisher called The Aztec Suplex, which was not the Ultimo Dragon Aztec Suplex it was a generic slap to the face followed by a schoolboy. I gave it to an incredibly weak, super resilient, and somewhat unsettling CAW of Ma-Ti from Captain Planet, whose signature to set it up was a dramatic slow motion shove.
Anyway for some reason about 40% of the time when used on a bot the Aztec Suplex animation would freeze after the roll up, but the game would still count to three. Eventually the animation would release and Ma-Ti would be declared the winner. This was obviously hilarious, so we kept it, and from then on any non-elimination match had this idiotic extra element of having to make sure anybody playing Ma-Ti was never left alone with a CPU player. It also worked on the beefed up Undertaker from Beat the Streak mode so Ma-Ti had an absurd 3-minute squash for the hardest mode in the game.

drat man I actually want to buy this dumb game again because it's probably broken in all kinds of fun ways.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
so nintendo has a partnership with Spike Chunsoft, so that whole rumor of Fire Pro for the new nintendo console might be true?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

GenericMartini posted:

so nintendo has a partnership with Spike Chunsoft, so that whole rumor of Fire Pro for the new nintendo console might be true?

i would get a new console for a good fire pro game but not going to hold my breath

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Another minor AI glitch from 2K17... The ref AI seems utterly baffled by Grand Amplitude. I hit it twice in an exhibition match against the NAO, and the ref didn't even try to count the pin.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't have the game yet but FYI, don't put your PS4 into Sleep Mode while on the title screen, seems it could wipe out all your poo poo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/56zis1/wwe_2k17_ps4_save_data_loss_warning/

Just had this bug happen to me and corrupt the MyCareer data when I hit "Continue". But when I selected the "Load" option, it worked just fine. So I don't know what the gently caress except Yuke's continues to be a garbage developer.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
In Universe mode, don't set someone to do interference in a Last Man Standing match. They'll never stop attacking long enough for the ref to count.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

game sounds real good this year

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

Another minor AI glitch from 2K17... The ref AI seems utterly baffled by Grand Amplitude. I hit it twice in an exhibition match against the NAO, and the ref didn't even try to count the pin.

Was Gable the legal man?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Its good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Was Gable the legal man?

Tag finishers work like double teams. You tag by doing them, so yes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been playing a lot of WWE Champions on iOS since launch. It's the Bejeweled style game. It's gotten a lot more liberal with the premium currency, now you can roll the dice on getting a new character about once a week.

I play it enough that I gave them the $5 for the beginner pack, but you could easily play it without spending any money.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

GenericMartini posted:

Well, if the Switch is the replacement for the Wii U and the 3DS, it's much more likely that Spike Chunsoft would be making a Danganronpa, Fossil Fighters, Shiren the Wanderer or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for the system. It's not impossible, but don't get your hopes up.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is it possible to use the locked managers in MyCareer? I bought Dibiase and I can't figure out how to hire him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nope, Career is explicitly supposed to be modern WWE.

That could actually be a neat hook for a later game though. Start in the territories and try to work your way to WWF/WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
One of the main things that frustrates me about TEW is how it handles transitions in company size. I'm playing as WWE and rose from National to Global, but then after the grace period ended I crashed back down to National. My booking was consistent, it wasn't like I was booking shows that lost me popularity or anything. It's not really intuitive.

I usually cap my company at National to prevent this, but I forgot this time and whoops now my game is screwed