Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
phase 2 kos is a master piece .. i've beaten him like 15 times and i still havent learned his moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kos was really fun, but I had way more trouble with Laurence. I think those bosses like Kos and Maria who are really tightly designed to be hard are way easier than stuff like Laurence's second form which kind of feels like it belongs in a different game.

Kos and Maria are really cool because their moves are all really understandable and beatable, but if you gently caress up once, you're in a world of trouble and if you gently caress up twice, you're dead, because of the ways they can use them and string them together.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can rush the buzzsaw pretty quick, right? i've never played with it before...

STR / mid-level arc would be pretty fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

you can rush the buzzsaw pretty quick, right? i've never played with it before...

yeah, its not too hard to do the first lvl of the dlc at lvl 20 or so. u may want to run past some of the hunter enemies though cos they take about 5 parries each with no dex. but they do drop early 12% phys gems if youre not doing chalices

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Yeah you can suicide run everything pre Ludwig pretty easily.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty sure i'll always do chalices on every character i run. i like them too much not to.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Dan Didio posted:

Kos was really fun, but I had way more trouble with Laurence. I think those bosses like Kos and Maria who are really tightly designed to be hard are way easier than stuff like Laurence's second form which kind of feels like it belongs in a different game.

Agreed

Laurence's first form is also a guy you fought earlier except like 15% bigger and it messes up the ranges... i feel like there are certain moves i have to memorize when they're coming from off-screen and i-frame through them, which feels bad to me even though it works

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm finally going to play dark souls on pc. Can I just plug my ds3 in? Do I really need dsfix

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game looks way better with DSFix. Idk about the DS3.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

isnt ds3 just recognized as an xbox pad?

the dsfix makes it look a lot better and it takes no work at all lol. there is a world of difference between 30 and 60

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I cannot wait to see blighttown at an acceptable framerate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I cannot wait to see blighttown at an acceptable framerate

Its a wonderful experience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also to get a ds3 working properly you will probably need a program that tricks the computer into thinking its an xbox controller. I use InputMapper which works well but I also think its russian spyware

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ds4windows is the good one

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i just watched a bunch of people's first times fighting ludwig to hear freaked-out reactions to his second form because i miss not knowing what would happen

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

i just watched a bunch of people's first times fighting ludwig to hear freaked-out reactions to his second form because i miss not knowing what would happen

I got to watch my buddy freak out live, I watched him play the DLC. Doubly great because he always went for the MLGS in the souls games and was kind of disappointed by Ludwig's holy blade appearing to be an homage rather than a one to one recreation

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the stake driver is so cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

defiled chalce can suck my whole rear end in a top hat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

defiled chalce can suck my whole rear end in a top hat

if you got past the dog youre over the worst of it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ij ust got to the dog >_<

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

ij ust got to the dog >_<

play it careful and patient, hes not hard, he just punishes you with death if you get greedy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i really like fighting the fire dog

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love all three defiled bosses. killing them is such a huge adrenaline rush.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I started the chalices because I wanted to plat this as my first but they were really bad

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
And I didn't even get to the hard ones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hard ones are where the chalices get fun. I initially hated them bc I thought there were just boring but now I have a character with all 3 FRC chalices available and it's fun to hop in and roll the dice to see what happens

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I went through a phase where I played chalice dungeons for several hours a day and I don't regret any of it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I went through a phase where I played chalice dungeons for several hours a day and I don't regret any of it

same. i didnt want to accept the game was over on NG++++ with my fifth character

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre fun if u do them at the right level. hintertomb at 20-30, rank 1 and 2 chalices at 20-30, 3 at 30-40, 4 at up to 50 etc.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im just gonna say it. bloodborne is the greatest console game ever made

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

wow...

Dec 26, 2012

its real good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
BOTW might be giving it a run for its money, but Bloodborne is very close to my favorite videogame ever

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

journey imo

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

BOTW might be giving it a run for its money, but Bloodborne is very close to my favorite videogame ever

Those are strong words. I am also playing BOTW right now and am really enjoying it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

good pair of games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been thinking of replaying bloodborne again. Idk what weapon I should try tho

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Look forward to recognizing the cleric beasts scream in BOTW

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I been thinking of replaying bloodborne again. Idk what weapon I should try tho