Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I feel like a total adolescent asking- Is there a mod that turns creepers into terrorists and when they blow up they yell out, "Allah Ackbar"?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

frogge posted:

I feel like a total adolescent asking- Is there a mod that turns creepers into terrorists and when they blow up they yell out, "Allah Ackbar"?

There probably is. I know of the John cena one. I still cant get angry at dying to one of those.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
God drat! I'm trying to fix some stuff in the BFSR dimensions and I've had two back-to-back crashes interacting with NEI. I searched for some poppies and it crashed. I go back in, have the poppies, clear the search, and it crashes again!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So I'm approaching being finished with TechNodeFirmaCraft EZ. The quests are done (need some polishing and reward tweaking) and I need to finalize a few config tweaks like ore generation, and polish a few recipes off. After that I'm gonna do some playtesting, then it should be good to go.

As I mentioned though, I don't have much in the way of hosting. Is there someplace (preferably free) I could put this if I wanted it to be on one of the launchers? The whole reason I made this in the first place is I wanted to give you guys an entry point into TFC and then I got way, way too carried away with custom convenience settings and it spiraled out into a whole new questline. I'm not really familiar with a lot of the logistics here so just let me know what my options are and I'll do my best to get it to you guys when I can.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

God drat! I'm trying to fix some stuff in the BFSR dimensions and I've had two back-to-back crashes interacting with NEI. I searched for some poppies and it crashed. I go back in, have the poppies, clear the search, and it crashes again!

I've been playing BFSR lately and noticed that when you're in a single player mode and try to go back into the tutorial world from the overworld with the rattle, you die the first time you try going. Seems like RFtools thinks that dimension is unpowered when you first try to load it, but respawning and trying again the world works fine. Might just be a quirk with running it as a single player game and not on a server?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Shipon posted:

I've been playing BFSR lately and noticed that when you're in a single player mode and try to go back into the tutorial world from the overworld with the rattle, you die the first time you try going. Seems like RFtools thinks that dimension is unpowered when you first try to load it, but respawning and trying again the world works fine. Might just be a quirk with running it as a single player game and not on a server?

It's news to me, but I might have coincidentally fixed it today. I am trying to eliminate the hidden chunkloaders that run the extra dimensions. Apparently, I can manually turn their power requirements to zero, and then they no longer need to be powered. So you might wonder what that has to do with you. It turned out the tutorial dimension didn't have one of these runner for it :doh:.

Here's a coarse todo if anybody wants to know whats going on:
1. Make sure people can buy sugar cane in the shops.
2. Do a review of the shops for anything else.
3. Check mod versions and refresh some things--particularly to see if I can fix up NEI crashing, but it looks like 1.7.10 development as really slowed down.
4. Try to kill those stray nether portals that show up again. I thought I nailed them, but I forgot what I did. I'll also make sure stray village.dat and chunkloader files aren't still floating around.
5. Repackage the tutorial dimensions et al and do trial run. I'll verify your problem doesn't happen for me then.
6. Back everything up and start whacking mods to see if I can find the source of the lag in the tutorial dimension. I've got a list and I'm checking it twice.

I'm running with my onboard graphics right now, so the computer shouldn't poo poo its pants and corrupt my save. That has limited me doing any of this stuff for the past few weeks. Oddly enough, the onboard graphics does at least as well as my old video card. Ain't that something?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Logged onto Minecraft to find baby pigs riding chickens raining from the sky.
Which seems to be an FTB xmas thing. First I have seen of it though.

A vid I found of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FuNspMRmF0

Lagging the gently caress out of my game though.

e: or maybe the portalgun mod.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 25, 2016

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

frogge posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I know for a fact there is one of those, they even have a choice between IRA and Al Kyders.

I want to just leave them as Creepers but instead of ssssSSSSS it's the sound clip from when Chopper Reid was talking about getting airport security and he throws the towel on the guy's head and goes "fuckin' blalalala!" and it's obviously a white bloke doing an impression of a terrorist.

I tried to do it myself, went so far as to rip the sound clip out of the video myself with Audacity but I can't figure out how to replace the Creeper hiss with it. It ends up all hosed up and distorted and slow.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Has anybody notice CPU spikes leaving a Chickchunk spot loader active in a different dimension? I am trying to spitball ideas on how Wolfsbane is suffering some serious hiccups on his BFSR server. I am using the spot loader to keep the RF tools dimensions active; I haven't figured out how to keep the dimensions running without any help yet, although I'm talking to McJty about it. When I popped the spot loader, nothing would keep the dimension active, and it would go dormant when nobody was in it. The server would then be fine. As soon as I put that spot loader back down, everything went to hell again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

From what I understand, Chicken Chunks chunk loaders are god-awful and ruin servers. Not just lag, but file corruption as well.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there anything I can do to prevent the bug where you get stuck in bed after sleeping? I'm playing Direwolf's 1.10 pack, and have a White Bed from the Quark mod, and pretty often get stuck sleeping.

One of the recent times, when I loaded the game back after quitting, the bed had been replaced with two trapdoors. Was weird.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

From what I understand, Chicken Chunks chunk loaders are god-awful and ruin servers. Not just lag, but file corruption as well.

What's the 1.7.10 fallback then? Anything?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Probably immibis's dimensional anchors?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Railcraft admin anchors?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Forge Essentials. Has a map that you can use to claim chunks.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Devor posted:

Is there anything I can do to prevent the bug where you get stuck in bed after sleeping? I'm playing Direwolf's 1.10 pack, and have a White Bed from the Quark mod, and pretty often get stuck sleeping.

One of the recent times, when I loaded the game back after quitting, the bed had been replaced with two trapdoors. Was weird.

That was a 1.10 thing I could never figure out/fix.
Is it happening after teleporting?
I noticed it happening too soon after teleporting either through a map mod and also with RFTools teleporter.
But if you wait like 10 mins you sleep fine.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

OgNar posted:

That was a 1.10 thing I could never figure out/fix.
Is it happening after teleporting?
I noticed it happening too soon after teleporting either through a map mod and also with RFTools teleporter.
But if you wait like 10 mins you sleep fine.

Yeah, I always teleport back and then sleep. I guess I should bring a bed down into the mine with me, and cut out the teleporting home step.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Has anybody notice CPU spikes leaving a Chickchunk spot loader active in a different dimension? I am trying to spitball ideas on how Wolfsbane is suffering some serious hiccups on his BFSR server. I am using the spot loader to keep the RF tools dimensions active; I haven't figured out how to keep the dimensions running without any help yet, although I'm talking to McJty about it. When I popped the spot loader, nothing would keep the dimension active, and it would go dormant when nobody was in it. The server would then be fine. As soon as I put that spot loader back down, everything went to hell again.

There is an admin only power source,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpP9IwqeDv0

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

The issue is with keeping the power source resident with a chunk loader. I was previously using a creative cell tucked away in some bedrock. It was not the best, but people would really have to work to knock out the stuff it was powering to throw their own thing in.

Anyways, I did find a solution the involved editing RFTool's NBT files to make the maintenance cost zero. The "actual cost" stored in the exported JSON was not the right value.

My problem now is how to percolate the fix. I am hoping McJty can change the setpower command so that max meant infinite. I could then add something to run that command on each world start or whatever. This would seemlessly deploy that fix, but people would still have to delete the spot loaders in their active games.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The issue is with keeping the power source resident with a chunk loader. I was previously using a creative cell tucked away in some bedrock. It was not the best, but people would really have to work to knock out the stuff it was powering to throw their own thing in.

Anyways, I did find a solution the involved editing RFTool's NBT files to make the maintenance cost zero. The "actual cost" stored in the exported JSON was not the right value.

My problem now is how to percolate the fix. I am hoping McJty can change the setpower command so that max meant infinite. I could then add something to run that command on each world start or whatever. This would seemlessly deploy that fix, but people would still have to delete the spot loaders in their active games.

Well wouldnt it work if you put the infinite power source, chunk loader and world tab + charger within the dimension?

or why not have a hidden admin room with all the tabs being infinite powered with chunk loader in overworld with the world probe thingy to turn off the power use when the dimension is not being used.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Well wouldnt it work if you put the infinite power source, chunk loader and world tab + charger within the dimension?

or why not have a hidden admin room with all the tabs being infinite powered with chunk loader in overworld with the world probe thingy to turn off the power use when the dimension is not being used.

The Overworld is randomly-generated. I was doing the whole thing with putting the chunkloader with the dimension builder inside the dimension it ran. That was the problem. CPU would spike when leaving that dimension, and TPS would suffer. It turns out I can edit RFTool's data files, eliminate the RF cost, and not need any apparatus. I am just waiting on some correspondence with McJty to try to make something more permanent so I can distribute it retroactively.

My issue with ChickenChunks is I was using a spot loader. I have had lots of support issues from that mod, and the CPU utilization thing compelled me to find a better way.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The Overworld is randomly-generated. I was doing the whole thing with putting the chunkloader with the dimension builder inside the dimension it ran. That was the problem. CPU would spike when leaving that dimension, and TPS would suffer. It turns out I can edit RFTool's data files, eliminate the RF cost, and not need any apparatus. I am just waiting on some correspondence with McJty to try to make something more permanent so I can distribute it retroactively.

My issue with ChickenChunks is I was using a spot loader. I have had lots of support issues from that mod, and the CPU utilization thing compelled me to find a better way.

..wait, are you saying the rftools nobody-in-a-dimension CPU spike is caused by having the dimension builder inside the dimension?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Black Pants posted:

..wait, are you saying the rftools nobody-in-a-dimension CPU spike is caused by having the dimension builder inside the dimension?

Yes, please clarify this, Rocko. We are both extremely interested in hearing more about this and everything related to it.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm reading this as:

Dimensional builder with creative energy cell inside the dimension it's generating: player leaves for the overworld and the dimension unloads, attempting to use the rattle to return to the dimension results in dying.

Add spot loader: the dimensional builder remains loaded, using the rattle to return to the dimension is fine, but overworld lags like hell.

Change rftools to not require power at all for that dimension: works fine without the spot loader, no more overworld lag, but no way to push the change to existing games

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Yeah, but what specific thing about having the builder in the dim is making it lag and why?

On DPT, we've got a lot of RFTdims that have the builder/tab/power source nested in the dim itself. We've seen lag and we wanna know if this is something that needs to be corrected.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
The situation is from Wolfsbane server. I saw it myself. It goes like this:

1. Start 2 players in RFTools dimension. This dimension has a creative dimension builder with a creative energy cell and spot loader from ChickenChunks.
2. One player goes to Overworld. All okay.
3. Another player goes to Overworld. So both are in the Overworld now CPU utilization for RFTools dimension surges. TPS drops.
4. One player goes back to RFTools dimension. Things stabilize.

So there is the problem. Let us continue:

5. We bust the spot loader. It appears that this can work. I have not dallied with it enough because I found better.
6. Restart after setting the RF maintenance cost to zero. Then it appears no builder is necessary. You can put the dimension tab in a chest encased with bedrock at this point.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

scuba school sucks posted:

I know for a fact there is one of those, they even have a choice between IRA and Al Kyders.

I want to just leave them as Creepers but instead of ssssSSSSS it's the sound clip from when Chopper Reid was talking about getting airport security and he throws the towel on the guy's head and goes "fuckin' blalalala!" and it's obviously a white bloke doing an impression of a terrorist.

I tried to do it myself, went so far as to rip the sound clip out of the video myself with Audacity but I can't figure out how to replace the Creeper hiss with it. It ends up all hosed up and distorted and slow.

Speed up your sample by 50% (or 100%, I forgot) in Audacity. Creepers use the same sound as TNT, just slowed down.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The situation is from Wolfsbane server. I saw it myself. It goes like this:

1. Start 2 players in RFTools dimension. This dimension has a creative dimension builder with a creative energy cell and spot loader from ChickenChunks.
2. One player goes to Overworld. All okay.
3. Another player goes to Overworld. So both are in the Overworld now CPU utilization for RFTools dimension surges. TPS drops.
4. One player goes back to RFTools dimension. Things stabilize.

So there is the problem. Let us continue:

5. We bust the spot loader. It appears that this can work. I have not dallied with it enough because I found better.
6. Restart after setting the RF maintenance cost to zero. Then it appears no builder is necessary. You can put the dimension tab in a chest encased with bedrock at this point.

did you try adding the probe to make it stop using power when the dimension is empty, how does that change the state?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
What's the theoretical maximum fuel reactivity for Big Reactors? What controls how high it gets?

770,000ish rf/t, 2.0 mB/t fuel usage

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

What's the theoretical maximum fuel reactivity for Big Reactors? What controls how high it gets?

770,000ish rf/t, 2.0 mB/t fuel usage

IIRC someone did similar experiments earlier in the thread and came to a similar number.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Hey, just poking here for people who want to try the newly released SKyfactory 3, my old server thread is back up for it.

Poking over, go back to stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

StealthArcher posted:

Hey, just poking here for people who want to try the newly released SKyfactory 3, my old server thread is back up for it.

Poking over, go back to stuff.

Has anyone with 8 GB of system memory gotten Skyfactory 3 to run reasonably well? It seems like it doesn't honor the maximum memory size of 4 GB that I allocate through Curse, and will overrun up past 9 GB including use of the system page file before crashing out.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Devor posted:

Has anyone with 8 GB of system memory gotten Skyfactory 3 to run reasonably well? It seems like it doesn't honor the maximum memory size of 4 GB that I allocate through Curse, and will overrun up past 9 GB including use of the system page file before crashing out.

Ouch, i was thinking of dling this to see how it is, but thats way too harsh on the ram.

Quantum Milkman
Jun 18, 2009

Devor posted:

I have 16GB of RAM and I still experienced this same behaviour, including the crash. I did eventually get the pack to run, but it idles in gameplay at well over 10GB of RAM in use. It is a really hefty modpack.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What's the hook this time? Because the description is "A skyblock unlike anything you've ever seen!" and then its description is literally every skyblock I've ever seen.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

What's the hook this time? Because the description is "A skyblock unlike anything you've ever seen!" and then its description is literally every skyblock I've ever seen.

It's on 1.10 I guess.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Quantum Milkman posted:

I have 16GB of RAM and I still experienced this same behaviour, including the crash. I did eventually get the pack to run, but it idles in gameplay at well over 10GB of RAM in use. It is a really hefty modpack.

That is insane. Is it running ten iterations of Decocraft, or something?

KawaiiInbou
Jul 9, 2011

0 : 59 : 56
Hey goons. It's been an exceptionally long time since I played any minecraft, let alone modded, but I'm getting the itch again and looking to put together my own semi-light setup. As far as I can tell, Dimensional Doors is dead, at least for now. Are there any other comparable (and, ideally, good) mods that have a 1.10.2 version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

well this time you don't get rewards for quests to speed things up