Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

X-O posted:

I like the idea of Lemire being back but why can't he do a good solo book though and play to his strengths?

EDIT: Oh Jesus, Hawkman is not at all what I meant.

Yessssssssssssssssssss

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/888523348648632320
https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/888528349630431241

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What are the odds on Shaner actually drawing more than one full issue?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's drawing less than one at the moment. He probably designed them, but it's Ivan Reis on the comic.

Edit: 'Brimstone' from Justin Jordan and Philip Tan.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/21/brimstone-joins-dc-dark-matter-by-justin-jordan-and-philip-tan/

That's seven Dark Matter comics now.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 21, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Wait is this Phantom Girl like from the Legion or Phantom Lady?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Surely the LOSHer.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is actually hilarious.

(Alternatively, watch Marvel railroad this by announcing an actual FF return in the next five minutes or something)

(I don't actually think they'll do that but wouldn't it be a hoot?)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's drawing less than one at the moment. He probably designed them, but it's Ivan Reis on the comic.

Edit: 'Brimstone' from Justin Jordan and Philip Tan.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/21/brimstone-joins-dc-dark-matter-by-justin-jordan-and-philip-tan/

That's seven Dark Matter comics now.

This sounds just enough like an Etrigan book name to be disappointed.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

This is actually hilarious.

(Alternatively, watch Marvel railroad this by announcing an actual FF return in the next five minutes or something)

(I don't actually think they'll do that but wouldn't it be a hoot?)

If Pearlmutter mysteriously died in the next 48 hours I'm sure it would happen. But then again I wouldn't put it past him to have the Marvel Bullpen synced to his black heart and destroy itself when he dies.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Black Hammer is fantastic and i like Metamorpho so I'm back on board for a DC (non YA) book now.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

I liked Azz’s Wonder Woman but a lot of the rest of what you listed is garbage. N52 Superboy? Seriously? Even liking Red Hood like you do I find it hard to believe you or anyone could have liked N52 Superboy.

The N52 was a creative failure and a long and painful drown out one that took DC years to admit. And lucky for us they eventually did. That’s not to say there weren’t a few nuggets of quality in there, but it was a rough few years.

Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Justice League, ivampire, Dial H, Demon Knights, Jeff Lenire's Green Arrow, Justice League Dark, Justice League Canada, Frankenstein agent of shade, Fury of Firestorms, G Morrisons Action Comics, Batman Eternal, the first 24 issues of Earth 2. I could go on forever.

New 52 was a success that could have been an even bigger success if DC actually planned it out better and didn't let editors mismanage it. It refreshed and overhauled the DCU when it desperately needed it and for that I'm grateful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/888570548384432128

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I'd be much more interested if it were a solo Mr. Terrific book. And not at all related to this Dark Matter stuff.

Well Mr. Terrific had a solo at the start of the N52 and it was pretty ghahahahhah I can't finish that sentence.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

Well Mr. Terrific had a solo at the start of the N52 and it was pretty ghahahahhah I can't finish that sentence.

A solo Mr. Terrific by Lemire would be something I'd really be into though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

All those Metal books trying to look bad rear end, and all I really needed was a hilarious shot at the Fantastic Four, and Milkman Man.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jordan7hm posted:

Black Hammer is fantastic and i like Metamorpho so I'm back on board for a DC (non YA) book now.

Black Hammer is one of the best books of the year for me but his DC stuff was rough. Animal Man was great till Rotworld but good Justice league stuff was very meh. I think he is a guy that does better independent stuff and I thought he was done with the big two after his Marvel stuff ended.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Everyone is done with the big two until the times comes that they have bills to pay.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:worship:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

I thought for a second that said "Milkman Dan," and I was wondering why there was a "Red Meat" crossover in DC Comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

I thought for a second that said "Milkman Dan," and I was wondering why there was a "Red Meat" crossover in DC Comics.

Filed under "things I never knew I wanted or needed until now."

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Mr President posted:

Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Justice League, ivampire, Dial H, Demon Knights, Jeff Lenire's Green Arrow, Justice League Dark, Justice League Canada, Frankenstein agent of shade, Fury of Firestorms, G Morrisons Action Comics, Batman Eternal, the first 24 issues of Earth 2. I could go on forever.

New 52 was a success that could have been an even bigger success if DC actually planned it out better and didn't let editors mismanage it. It refreshed and overhauled the DCU when it desperately needed it and for that I'm grateful.

In spite of several more characters being turned into gays or racial minorities due to the new 52 reboot, you mean?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuns with Guns posted:

In spite of several more characters being turned into gays or racial minorities due to the new 52 reboot, you mean?

:golfclap:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I feel like I'm missing a joke, what's the deal with the Milkman?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's the biological father of most DC superheroes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nuns with Guns posted:

:zoomed:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I thought MrPresident was banned from BSS

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

I thought MrPresident was banned from BSS

Things take time.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
So whatever happened with All-Star Batman and Robin? Not the current ASB, the "Goddamned Batman" Frank Miller-Jim Lee gong show from like 10+ years ago. The art was pretty good, the story pretty meh, but I'm just super curious to understand why they never finished the thing. It seemed to be selling well, and DC did put out an Absolute edition (which seemed bizarre given that there was no conclusion to the story).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Things take time.
Looks like BSS isn't the only forum annoyed by his poo poo, at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

So whatever happened with All-Star Batman and Robin? Not the current ASB, the "Goddamned Batman" Frank Miller-Jim Lee gong show from like 10+ years ago. The art was pretty good, the story pretty meh, but I'm just super curious to understand why they never finished the thing. It seemed to be selling well, and DC did put out an Absolute edition (which seemed bizarre given that there was no conclusion to the story).

Miller got sick.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Miller got sick.

I didn't know that. How did you come across this? Anything more to the story?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

I didn't know that. How did you come across this? Anything more to the story?

It's all second hand but it lines up with his drop from the public eye.

Speaking of Frank

https://www.newsarama.com/35592-superman-year-one-by-frank-miller-john-romita-jr.html

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That announcement set my house on fire.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok what the gently caress was Superman this week?

The shittiest most jingoistic Superman comic I've ever personally read. And the story with the homeless vet was like something you'd read in a viral "poo poo that didn't happen" Facebook clickbait video. And then Clark told off the waitress. You could have heard a pin drop. And that homeless vet's name was Albert Einstein.

On the other hand, I was pretty sick of the running kite man gag,and then Batman went and made me actually care about and like the character. Hell yeah.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kite man rules

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's all second hand but it lines up with his drop from the public eye.

Speaking of Frank

https://www.newsarama.com/35592-superman-year-one-by-frank-miller-john-romita-jr.html

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
After seeing what King did with kite Man I'm looking for his reimagining of condiment King

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ok what the gently caress was Superman this week?
I don't know but I hated it as much as you did. It was like the ugly bastard offspring of a bumper sticker and wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean it was patriotic, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. I don't get the hullabaloo, I'm Aussie.