Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maher has a mild meltdown toward the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

But you've always been the caretaker, Mr. Mulaney

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/ZSharf/status/1790115503270248873

“That’s so not true,” Maher warned. “Either one of us could get canceled in the next two minutes.”

lmao what a freak

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

During an April interview with Katie Couric, Maher also railed against cancel culture as it pertains to filmmaker Woody Allen. Maher said “I don’t think he committed that crime” in reference to Dylan Farrow’s molestation allegation against Allen, adding: “There was two police investigations that exonerated him.”

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/3/38/Vo_phantom_lancer_plance_lasthit_06.mp3/revision/latest?cb=20201018134243

Couric pushed back against Maher’s defense, telling the podcast host that there’s “some pretty damning” evidence out there that supports Dylan Farrow’s molestation claim. Couric said Allen’s desire for his girlfriends to “dress up in little anklets and Mary Janes and baby doll dresses” was one such piece of evidence.

“Do you think he’s the only guy who likes that? Really?” Maher questioned. “Do you think he’s the first guy who wanted his girlfriend to dress in anklets and baby doll [dresses]? That’s what we grew up on, that’s what we find sexy … that doesn’t make you a pervert.”

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bill Maher is lucky the term evolved away from "this person is boring now" else he be cancelled immediately and permanantly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

aids

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nichael posted:

Maher has a mild meltdown toward the end.

i love the way burr talks to maher. everyone should treat him like the smug piece of poo poo he is

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

the only time bill maher's show was funny was the time roddy piper pulled his pants down and stuck his rear end in bill's face

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just reminds me of when Chris Matthews had that on-air freakout about the Bernie bros coming to lynch him in the street

like... tell on yourself a little more, you old fucks
we know they suck, and I guess it's comforting in a way to know that they know they suck and they're always worried about it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SomethingBeautiful posted:

the only time bill maher's show was funny was the time roddy piper pulled his pants down and stuck his rear end in bill's face

bill thought roddy was going to beat his rear end lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIpsFgZ3gAc

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It is said a lot, but really never enough, that Maher is uniquely loathsome for reasons that go beyond politics or ideology. He is devoid of any talent. The Chris Matthews analogy sort of works, but Matthews had a weird sort of charisma that is at least memorable. Bill Maher only positive contribution to art is Paul Rust's New No Nos.

I wouldn't resent Maher as much if he could land a joke. Any joke.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Weird how the people who rant about cancel culture are the ones who seem most suspiciously vulnerable to it 🤔

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he was right to be afraid of the hot rod

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Adam Carolla is making some god-awful anti-woke cartoon for a chud streaming network, and yet he's still funnier than Maher as I've seen him successfully make a joke. Not having any concept of comedy is incredibly unattractive, and I have to speculate that Maher is a nepobaby or got ahead through blackmail or some poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

It is said a lot, but really never enough, that Maher is uniquely loathsome for reasons that go beyond politics or ideology. He is devoid of any talent. The Chris Matthews analogy sort of works, but Matthews had a weird sort of charisma that is at least memorable. Bill Maher only positive contribution to art is Paul Rust's New No Nos.

"Owen Hart, dead" really hits. Bill is such a loving idiot. Watches people hit each other and not understand it hurts stupid

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've never seen Sting without his face paint

he was always my favorite though, back when I watched

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nichael posted:

I was also thinking about Paul's New No No's bit after that clip lol.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mfw woke mafia tells me to not genocide

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CaptainBeefart posted:

I was also thinking about Paul's New No No's bit after that clip lol.

NEW NO NO

if I see a Bill Maher clip, I can just close my eyes. checkmate!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

Adam Carolla is making some god-awful anti-woke cartoon for a chud streaming network,

Lol cool

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
conservatives finally have caught up to brickleberry technology

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

"how'd you get the job"
lmao

Dr. Killjoy posted:

conservatives finally have caught up to brickleberry technology

it's making me nervous!

i heard some young kids talking about how hip it is in a liberal coffee shop!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he should have

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
bill maher the n word guy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
dailywire heist film of Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Dave Rubin, and Adam Carolla breaking in the Hollywood Sign for a trove of primo 2010 transphobic jokes

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Nichael posted:

Adam Carolla is making some god-awful anti-woke cartoon for a chud streaming network, and yet he's still funnier than Maher as I've seen him successfully make a joke. Not having any concept of comedy is incredibly unattractive, and I have to speculate that Maher is a nepobaby or got ahead through blackmail or some poo poo.

he also hired Kyle Dunnigan to do a voice on the show, who does a really good Bill Maher impersonation.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/ansonmount/status/1789445287376757236
this sucks. pike is probably my second favorite captain (after sisko obviously).

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

well sting continues to be cool and good so you picked a real one.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sonatinas posted:

well sting continues to be cool and good so you picked a real one.

gently caress yeah

what about Goldberg
he's the other name I remember as sticking out
guy was loving fierce but I fear I can see him having turned out to be a dirtbag or something, though I will hope not

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/ansonmount/status/1789445287376757236
this sucks. pike is probably my second favorite captain (after sisko obviously).

I just threw my copy of Crossroads in the trash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CaptainBeefart posted:

I just threw my copy of Crossroads in the trash

let's no go that far

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the milk machine posted:

bill maher the n word guy

i'll never forget how he sneered at his audience when they didn't clap loudly enough after his "sorry if you were offended" followup to that episode

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i'm finally watching Ricochet based on this thread's recommendation and it's a truly unhinged thriller like only the late 80s / early 90s could have produced

a dude gets circular sawed in the chest

A+

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
glad to see more people watching the best movie of all time

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael posted:

let's no go that far

that was Seth Romatelli's breakout film.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

he retired this year in a match that featured his two sons dressed as other versions of him and an absolutely insane ladder spot

https://i.imgur.com/KgwjvJ4.mp4

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

speaking of movies with circular saw murder i rewatched The Carpenter (1988) and its just as delightful as ever. Wings Hauser and Lynne Adams camping it up in a slow but gory horror / thriller. a couple moves into a house under renovation and one of the renovators is terrifyingly competent at his job. is it a home invasion? is it a ghost? is it a dream? does it really matter? ooOOooooOOoooo spooky :) id favorably compare it to a Lifetime movie, but with better production values and more graphic violence. its a cuddle and nap on the couch movie, an old afghan and two cups of cocoa movie, would recommend.

afterwards i caught Caregiver (2007) and eeeeh, maybe? a halfway house for criminal women gets a new caregiver, deaths soon follow! id also compare it to a Lifetime movie, but with worse production values and more nudity. id actually compare it to if i stood up from a dead stop and made a Lifetime movie with no preparation or forethought - the locations are okay and the actors are competent and the shots are decently framed and the script understands the ebb and flow of these movies, but every line sounds like a cold table read and the camera keeps shaking and everything feels so hastily done. the movie has its (intentionally and unintentionally) funny moments and theres enough cheesy stuff that it could be good for a bad movie night, but i could also see people getting bored with it.

(normally this is where id put trailers for both movies but youtube only has two dodgy transfers of The Carpenter (1988) in its entirety and no evidence that Caregiver (2007) even exists)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

he retired this year in a match that featured his two sons dressed as other versions of him and an absolutely insane ladder spot

https://i.imgur.com/KgwjvJ4.mp4

That loving rules
I am assuming there was someone laying there but the gif looks like he just jumped into glass for the hell of it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wow Sting was still wrestling up until this year? He was my favorite as a kid. Hell he'd been doing it since before I was born. Mad props.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That loving rules
I am assuming there was someone laying there but the gif looks like he just jumped into glass for the hell of it

there was, but that’s Darby Allin and he’s the kind of guy who would just jump through glass for the hell of it. even sting went through a pane but I don’t have that one saved.