Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
78% now.

Come on, people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Relax, it's still got 31 days to go and will probably hit its goal in the first week.

Anyway, I admire greatly how Mike and the Rifftrax guys have taken the high road during this whole MST3k redux thing. With people like Trace and Frank chirping not-exactly-positive things, I really appreciate that Mike wants to bring everyone back together, even if just for this one special event. Also, the fact that all these people are both willing and free to appear together to riff an old MST3k classic is confirmation to me that Jim Mallon was the problem the whole time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Overwined posted:

Relax, it's still got 31 days to go and will probably hit its goal in the first week.

Anyway, I admire greatly how Mike and the Rifftrax guys have taken the high road during this whole MST3k redux thing. With people like Trace and Frank chirping not-exactly-positive things, I really appreciate that Mike wants to bring everyone back together, even if just for this one special event. Also, the fact that all these people are both willing and free to appear together to riff an old MST3k classic is confirmation to me that Jim Mallon was the problem the whole time.

They're not riffing Time Chasers together. That's a separate thing.

DivisionPost posted:

The MST reunion will be all shorts, Sketchfest style. One or two will step up to join the guys on each one, and then the finale will have all the guests at once.

And instead of the Belcourt, it'll go down at the State Theater in Minneapolis because of course it will.

These shorts will apparently be all new, never before riffed.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So now I have to wonder what short is so bad, so insane, so utterly batshit that it would warrant an army of professional riffers?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There's only one possible answer...

...they found the legendary lost Norman short.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't there one remaining ACI short they not done?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
Perhaps Mr. B Natural had a brother.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Everything Counts posted:

Perhaps Mr. B Natural had a brother.

No, we saw him in the Snow Queen Fairy or whatever the hell that fever dream was. Snoopy the Brownie.

Or was it Snoopie the Browny?

I'm thinking it'd have to be a longer short like This Is Hormel or Hired! (In its entirety).

Edit: Mention of Norman actually compelled me to look up his filmography, and Doug Macintosh only died in 2012. And all he ever made were the four Norman films.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 9, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is a long shot, but how about a Disney educational short film about the dangers of smoking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMSZp7YkVQg

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RandomPauI posted:

This is a long shot, but how about a Disney educational short film about the dangers of smoking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMSZp7YkVQg

...Featuring Cruella DeVille's half-sister I see.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If they could get them to show up to the MST3K Reunion show, I'd love nothing more than to see Mike riff a short alongside Joel and Jonah Ray.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

If they could get them to show up to the MST3K Reunion show, I'd love nothing more than to see Mike riff a short alongside Joel and Jonah Ray.

Yeah, I think if each trilogy of people do a short each, like Trace, Mary-Jo, and Felicia on one, Frank, Kevin & Bill, and Patton on another, so on and so forth, that would be a loving amazing passing of the torch.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So now I have to wonder what short is so bad, so insane, so utterly batshit that it would warrant an army of professional riffers?

Obviously, it's a companion piece to What is Nothing?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like them to riff the red balloon, anyone else have to watch that multiple times in elementary school?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Obviously, it's a companion piece to What is Nothing?

Is that What is Eternity? Or Life is Meaningless and We All Die?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Canned Panda posted:

Is that What is Eternity? Or Life is Meaningless and We All Die?

No, they already did Setting Up A Room.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Overwined posted:

I dunno, I think Trace/Frank/Josh could have the right to be a little peeved since Joel started the whole MST3K revival without even asking them to contribute in any way (based on their tweets). Seems a little dickish to me, especially considering Trace was with the show from the KTMA era onwards.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobservo posted:

I dunno, I think Trace/Frank/Josh could have the right to be a little peeved since Joel started the whole MST3K revival without even asking them to contribute in any way (based on their tweets). Seems a little dickish to me, especially considering Trace was with the show from the KTMA era onwards.

Except...

Joel Hodgson posted:

Right now, I don't know who will agree to come back and work on the next season of MST3K… but if the Kickstarter is successful, everyone will be invited to take part.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

bobservo posted:

I actually agree 100%. My point is that I admire Mike for staying out of the (maybe very legitimate) muck.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just shy of $20K now!

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Are we there yet?

(We are not. We are $5K and a change short).

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just saw this in the Kickstarter comments!

Mike, Bill, & Kevin posted:

We love the LLLllllllladies of RiffTrax, and we think they are doing a great job. We can't wait for them to join us on stage in June during the Reunion Show. AND! You can expect a full-length feature riff from them - of the Blockbuster MP3 Commentary variety! - in the not-too-distant future.

So the MP3 commentaries certainly aren't dead yet. Just resting.

edit: Have they said if they're doing The Force Awakens yet? Because I really want to continue my collection.

edit 2: This week's release...uh...I really have no idea what I just watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGxTpkrQkY

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 11, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Just saw this in the Kickstarter comments!

So the MP3 commentaries certainly aren't dead yet. Just resting.

edit: Have they said if they're doing The Force Awakens yet? Because I really want to continue my collection.

edit 2: This week's release...uh...I really have no idea what I just watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGxTpkrQkY

They strongly implied that they were going to riff it at the Christmas Live show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We're now fully funded.

Stretch goal time.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

The question is, did he talk to them before hand? Maybe letting the folks know beforehand, "doing an MST3K revival, alumni are more than welcome to be a part of it".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How do I submit a movie for them to riff?

The Super Ninja.
There is kinda a softcore sex scene and they break like 100 copyright laws. They steal star wars music! How would anyone now know its star wars music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrCQoW-Z1RQ

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How do we know it's bad though? It doesn't have a wikipedia entry with the critics reviews. Or a wikipedia entry at all.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

PassTheRemote posted:

The question is, did he talk to them before hand? Maybe letting the folks know beforehand, "doing an MST3K revival, alumni are more than welcome to be a part of it".

It would have taken an active effort by them to not be aware of him and Shout Factory going through the process of getting the rights back from Mallon, and Joel been talking for years in very unsubtle ways about reviving the brand as soon as he had the IP again. If no conversations happened through all of that, then their relationship is even worse than some snarky tweets would imply.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Tenzarin posted:

How do I submit a movie for them to riff?

The Super Ninja.
There is kinda a softcore sex scene and they break like 100 copyright laws. They steal star wars music! How would anyone now know its star wars music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrCQoW-Z1RQ

Wasn't the Super Ninja the bad guy in that Chuck Norris cartoon?

(20 seconds of Google later)

Yyyyep.

edit: My god, it's like if there was a Turkish version of a Godfrey Ho film.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 13, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The latest riff is worth checking out. It's like a mundane fantasy quest movie sprinkled with some batshit editing and inexplicable scenes. Plus the saddest Chewbacca ripoff imaginable.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
There's a "Pi day sale" going on right now. A whopping 3.14% off. I guess the argument is that it is off of everything, but I'll be frank, I'd rather no token gesture than a kinda dumb one.

I know it's for a gag, but it isn't very funny, nor useful. I know someone will be thinking "*psh* your being way too picky, it's their company they can do what they like." and they can, but that doesn't mean I can't feel that 30 cents off isn't funny and is a lovely sale.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until a real sale, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom seems pretty funny.

VVVVVVVVVV
No, my fury will know now bounds.

I guess it's more so I'm just disappointed it wasn't a useful sale since there is stuff I want, just not at full price or at a 3.14% discount. Oh well, there'll be one before too long.

Free Drinks fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 15, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're being picky. Plus, ultimately, it's just a marketing technique to find a reason to email their customers and entice them to buy their stuff. Which is fine because they're a good business. Also, it works because you're spreading the info along and someone here is probably reading this and thinking "oh yeah, I meant to get 'x, y, z'"

So it's harmless and still a discount and not dumb on their part at all. So relax.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Gavok posted:

The latest riff is worth checking out. It's like a mundane fantasy quest movie sprinkled with some batshit editing and inexplicable scenes. Plus the saddest Chewbacca ripoff imaginable.

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom? Seems to have vanished from the site for some reason, shame since I was going there to buy it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kojiro posted:

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom? Seems to have vanished from the site for some reason, shame since I was going there to buy it.

huh. Yeah. It says it's unavailable now. I wish I downloaded it.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
While it had a few laughs here or there (not Chewbacca-dogman), the mish mash of scenes from other unfinished movies made it a slog to get through (even though it was like 70 mins long).

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was pulled because of licensing issues. I wonder what those issues were.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RandomPauI posted:

I'm still wondering how the Star Wars Holiday Special is still up after several years.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I wonder if someone was lying about having the rights or something?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I saw it before it got pulled. Was pretty funny. Just a guess but maybe the people who made the movie didn't get rights to the clips which are CLEARLY from some other movies. The cover art portrays some lionheaded bat creature which only shows up during one totally inexplicable scene and kinda just hovers there for about 30 seconds.

I enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Gozinbulx posted:

I saw it before it got pulled. Was pretty funny. Just a guess but maybe the people who made the movie didn't get rights to the clips which are CLEARLY from some other movies. The cover art portrays some lionheaded bat creature which only shows up during one totally inexplicable scene and kinda just hovers there for about 30 seconds.

I enjoyed it.

You can still download it if you bought it. Or at least, I can.

I thought it was okay. It does just feel like a bunch of random poo poo thrown into a blender. Parts are funny, other parts are just :psyduck:. I would say anyone who did not buy it are not exactly missing out.

• Locked thread