Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Actually the new movie was pretty good, had some obvious story cutting, but things flowed, they nailed the turtles characters, the redesigns are pretty good and I cant wait for the sequel.

But keep acting like the old stuff was a precious piece of your childhood.

I love how no one but you mentioned "childhood". Is that a legitimate argument tactic because if that's the case you keep loving the new Ninja Turtle movie because of how much you hate blacks and gays. In fact my complaints on the movie are movie specific whereas your no taste having rear end compliments it with "they nailed the turtle characters", stop acting like this new stuff is good because it massages your childhood's balls.

It was a poo poo movie with poo poo acting, poo poo dialog, a nonsense plot dependant on coincidence after coincidence, riddled with plot holes and nonsense all excused with the defense "oh it's for kids" when it's 2015, I've seen "Up" and "Big Hero 6" and "Toy Story" and KNOW that movies can work for both kids and adults.
The turtle characters were loving terrible. Oh is Rafael the rebel? Well he's a seething ball of barely controlled rage AT ALL TIMES RRRRAAAAAARGH!! Is Donatello the smart one? Well *snort* 99.0005 percent of his dialog better be some sort of smart sounding bullshit *snort* 0.0087 percent. Is Michaeldudeangelo whoa, dude the radical dude one dude? Man keyboard cat who dude!
And there's Leonardo.
Just a poo poo movie all the way around. The rat learned karate from a book he found in the sewers. The bad guys invented a cure for a disease in an old Chinese legend?? They drained the turtle's blood but then replaced it with adrenaline (from a machine that was designed to inject them with adrenaline while it drained their blood???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the ReAction figures are very hit and miss (mostly miss), but I ended up getting the Lo Pan figure from Big Trouble In Little China for $6 today. I quite like it since it feels like a old figure that I would had got for that movie back in the 80s. Still think them just making random retro figures on stuff made in the 90s and on is pretty dumb, but at least the ones for figures that honestly WOULD had a figure like this are fine.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I am learning that people who collect comic book action figures have very strong opinions on comic book movies.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Well, this is a thread about dolls, and nerds who collect dolls, so I think "the redesigns are pretty good" is a pretty good argument. (Of course, I haven't even seen the movie because I thought the trailers looked awful, but big goofy turtle figures do look pretty cool)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rirse posted:

I know the ReAction figures are very hit and miss (mostly miss), but I ended up getting the Lo Pan figure from Big Trouble In Little China for $6 today. I quite like it since it feels like a old figure that I would had got for that movie back in the 80s. Still think them just making random retro figures on stuff made in the 90s and on is pretty dumb, but at least the ones for figures that honestly WOULD had a figure like this are fine.

I constantly see the George McFly figure at my local Target. Whenever I see him, my first thought is always "who the gently caress would buy a loving George McFly figure??" Followed by "well, obviously no one, otherwise he wouldn't be such a peg warmer."

But now you've added that extra wrinkle of what figures would have been made and you're absolutely right. If Back To The Future had a line of figures, they'd definitely have made a George McFly. Conversely though, he'd still have been a loving peg warmer.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Agrias120 posted:

I am learning that people who collect comic book action figures have very strong opinions on comic book movies.

Yeah, you'd think we'd be all atwitter about the Citizen Kane action figures coming out seeing as the reboot

Bushifox posted:

Well, this is a thread about dolls, and nerds who collect dolls, so I think "the redesigns are pretty good" is a pretty good argument. (Of course, I haven't even seen the movie because I thought the trailers looked awful, but big goofy turtle figures do look pretty cool)
I think the figures are ugly, too busy and look like they're dressed in rags for no reason. You think "ninja" you think "streamlined" and silent and such, not literal rags for no reason whatsoever, Leonardo is wearing poorer quality armor over his natural armor. Also the faces are super drat ugly.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Duke Igthorn posted:

I love how no one but you mentioned "childhood". Is that a legitimate argument tactic because if that's the case you keep loving the new Ninja Turtle movie because of how much you hate blacks and gays. In fact my complaints on the movie are movie specific whereas your no taste having rear end compliments it with "they nailed the turtle characters", stop acting like this new stuff is good because it massages your childhood's balls.

It was a poo poo movie with poo poo acting, poo poo dialog, a nonsense plot dependant on coincidence after coincidence, riddled with plot holes and nonsense all excused with the defense "oh it's for kids" when it's 2015, I've seen "Up" and "Big Hero 6" and "Toy Story" and KNOW that movies can work for both kids and adults.
The turtle characters were loving terrible. Oh is Rafael the rebel? Well he's a seething ball of barely controlled rage AT ALL TIMES RRRRAAAAAARGH!! Is Donatello the smart one? Well *snort* 99.0005 percent of his dialog better be some sort of smart sounding bullshit *snort* 0.0087 percent. Is Michaeldudeangelo whoa, dude the radical dude one dude? Man keyboard cat who dude!
And there's Leonardo.
Just a poo poo movie all the way around. The rat learned karate from a book he found in the sewers. The bad guys invented a cure for a disease in an old Chinese legend?? They drained the turtle's blood but then replaced it with adrenaline (from a machine that was designed to inject them with adrenaline while it drained their blood???)

Please post your sources, holy poo poo, hahahahahahahahaha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These drat mutants are too ugly and not ninjas. These creatures raised in a sewer are dressed like poo poo. Why can't Splinter sew them ninja costumes with all the resources they have. Oh wait, they cobble everything they own together with poo poo people throw away.

Jesus, I can't believe im defending this against you, hahaha.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I thought both of the new gi joe movies were really terrible, (I fast forwarded through a bunch of the first one) but still thought some of the designs were cool and I own a few of those toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Some behind the scenes of upcoming ThreeZero properties. You can see the turtles from the new movie, Rick from The Walking Dead, Jon Snow and Ned Stark, and Legion from Mass Effect. Im most excited for the turtles as I really enjoyed the new design.

Man, I really hate those Halo figures. They look AWESOME, but they have like, NO articulation in the body. Squat. It's all set aside for the batteries to go in, so all the AMAZING poses you can bust out with some decent armor based figures like Iron Man you can't do poo poo with those guys.

My girlfriend got me the captain guy from Halo Reach and while it looks pretty cool, it's just annoying. The magnets on the armor to hold other armor pieces on are just way too lightweight so just brushing something will send it flying, and the complete lack of posing ability for the torso has killed any chance of me grabbing a Master Chief.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Please post your sources, holy poo poo, hahahahahahahahaha.

The...the movie? I mean...that's what happened? Ummm...the rat learned to be a karate master from a book he found while sweeping the sewers[1]?

[1]2014 Ninja Turtles movie?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MLA please

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Dir. Michael Bay. Perf. Megan Fox. Paramount Pictures, 2014. Film.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They did not re-release any of the Arcade, SNES, or NES Konami Turtles games when the movie came out.

Therefore I hate it. :colbert:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man, I really hate those Halo figures. They look AWESOME, but they have like, NO articulation in the body. Squat. It's all set aside for the batteries to go in, so all the AMAZING poses you can bust out with some decent armor based figures like Iron Man you can't do poo poo with those guys.

My girlfriend got me the captain guy from Halo Reach and while it looks pretty cool, it's just annoying. The magnets on the armor to hold other armor pieces on are just way too lightweight so just brushing something will send it flying, and the complete lack of posing ability for the torso has killed any chance of me grabbing a Master Chief.

Why are you always brushing things against your toys?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There are a lot of add on armor bits :smith:

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

therealjon_ posted:

The animated Batman figures had a rough run on QC for the first wave. DC Collectibles delayed the second wave to go back and fix things, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm still buying them all since it's my favorite incarnation of Batman too.

My Batman's ankle busted when I was very gently taking him out of the box, so they're pretty hard to recommend.

edit: Jesus this thread got angry in the last couple days.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The only real complaint I have about the 2014 movie turtle toys is that they don't come with enough dick and fart jokes. Like, if you could squeeze Mikey and he farted then maybe I'd be interested.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Mr. Yuk posted:

My Batman's ankle busted when I was very gently taking him out of the box, so they're pretty hard to recommend.

The gently caress did you just say about TMNT???

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Agrias120 posted:

The gently caress did you just say about TMNT???

I don't know I don't know just stop hitting me!!!

For content, Amazon just informed me that the Black Series Emperor Palpatine is up for preorder and releases May 30th, for anyone interested.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm gonna put some sunglasses on ol' Palpy and then I'll have my first RLM action figure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CelticPredator posted:

I'm gonna put some sunglasses on ol' Palpy and then I'll have my first RLM action figure.

You didn't get the Funko Pop RLM figures?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

You didn't get the Funko Pop RLM figures?

Oh don't even. I'd buy a Pop Rich Evans so goddamn fast.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

boom boom boom posted:

Oh don't even. I'd buy a Pop Rich Evans so goddamn fast.

I want Cop Rich Evans from the RoboCop review.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr. Yuk posted:

Im gonna hold off for the proper blue-highlights BTAS style Batman. By then hopefully theyll have their poo poo together. Shame about Catwoman though, shes apparently one of the worst ones and if she gets re-done it'll be the TNBA style.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

CelticPredator posted:

I want Cop Rich Evans from the RoboCop review.

That's the SDCC exclusive. Regular Rich Evans and "I loving LOVE STAR WARS!" Rich Evans get wide releases. They sell out super quick tho, half the time all that's left is a shelf full of Jacks.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Im gonna hold off for the proper blue-highlights BTAS style Batman. By then hopefully theyll have their poo poo together. Shame about Catwoman though, shes apparently one of the worst ones and if she gets re-done it'll be the TNBA style.

Not that I mean this to be an endorsement, but the Catwoman & Mr. Freeze I got along with Batman managed to not break during the package removal process, so they at least have that going for them. It's a real shame the QC is so shoddy, because the sculpting on all of them is outstanding.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr. Yuk posted:

Not that I mean this to be an endorsement, but the Catwoman & Mr. Freeze I got along with Batman managed to not break during the package removal process, so they at least have that going for them. It's a real shame the QC is so shoddy, because the sculpting on all of them is outstanding.

Im not buying anything less than a Heart of Ice Mr. Freeze. Some of the design choices in this line are just mindboggling. Heart of Ice is like the thing that BTAS is remembered for, aside from creating Harley Quinn. And they go with lovely skullhead spiderlegs Mr. Freeze.

Baffling.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Im not buying anything less than a Heart of Ice Mr. Freeze. Some of the design choices in this line are just mindboggling. Heart of Ice is like the thing that BTAS is remembered for, aside from creating Harley Quinn. And they go with lovely skullhead spiderlegs Mr. Freeze.

Baffling.

It's a little odd the Joker wasn't in wave one, but given that they're retooling wave 2, I'm kinda glad. That said, I never minded the Mr. Freeze redesign. It was less outright odd/bad than the Joker & Catwoman redesigns.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

For what it is worth, DCC seems to have been pretty good with their customer service regarding the first wave. Dealing with Bunko was a pain in the rear end for the GOT figures though. Anyways, the QC stopped me from buying any, but I'm holding out for TAS figures because I never watched the redesigns anyways.

DCC just released their Arrow Deathstroke figure and it is amazing. http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=24360

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Travis343 posted:

Baffling.

They're doing three characters from one set of designs and one from the other in each wave, then flipping for the next wave. They'll hit original Freeze sooner or later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

DCC just released their Arrow Deathstroke figure and it is amazing. http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=24360

It's great, he's sitting in my box of loot here in the store that I really need to clean out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The faces on the others look really rough though. Good thing he wears a helmet.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I would give Michael Bay or Megan Fox a hasty handy if I could get my mitts on a farting/pooping Michaelangelo toy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've been re-reading old 90s Venom comics, and I'd love to see a wave devoted to the Life Foundation symbiotes (or some sort of all-symbiote wave). Maybe do a "the Madness" Venom as the BAF, I dunno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anybody got an Iron Monger BAF torso?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Rhyno posted:

Anybody got an Iron Monger BAF torso?

Judging by the product release pictures, that was the one that came with Iron Patriot? If so, then yes, I have an extra one.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ServoMST3K posted:

I would give Michael Bay or Megan Fox a hasty handy if I could get my mitts on a farting/pooping Michaelangelo toy.

And when you squeeze him his dick... er I mean his shell gets hard? Hey if you are offended by this post then maybe you aren't a fan of the new movie. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Havoc904 posted:

Judging by the product release pictures, that was the one that came with Iron Patriot? If so, then yes, I have an extra one.

What would you like to get out of it kind sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Rhyno posted:

What would you like to get out of it kind sir?

Let me dig through my extra parts containers the next couple of nights and see if it is still there (I thought I remembered seeing it last month). If so, I'm not worried about compensation. Just message me your address and I will throw it in the mail at the end of the week.