Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SilverMike posted:

How good is the PC port of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3?

60 FPS on potato computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Didn't want my edit lost with the new page, so do you know if it is better to get on PS4 or PC?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost of Starman posted:

Edit: Oh right, more pressing question: my impression is that it's more efficient to use Growth Points for catching up low-level characters than it is for boosting already-decently-levelled folks. Is that right, or does it not really matter in what order / what proportion someone is leveled with XP vs. GP?

You are best off saving growth points to get you over a post-promotion hump.

After level 100 you can loop around and begin at 1 again (with a bonus of course). Going from level 97 to 5 makes your stats suck, so save the growth points to get your guys up to 50 or so after their promotion.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SilverMike posted:

Didn't want my edit lost with the new page, so do you know if it is better to get on PS4 or PC?

That depends. If you have a good computer and don't mind games that don't actually have the 360 controller button images when it prompts you to press something then the PC port is pretty much interchangeable with the PS4 version. I'd say go for whatever is cheaper unless you have a garbage computer then just get the PS4 version.

The game runs just fine on low end computers with low graphical settings but if you want it to be as pretty as possible you'll need something that would have been considered top of the line at some point in the last three years.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I have it on ps4 and it runs great. Also probably the most fun Warriors game I've played in a while, and I don't care about One Piece at all.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

IIRC the PS4 version has some graphical enhancements missing from the PC version, and if you happen to be rocking an Xbone controller there's some weird issues. Otherwise it's fine.

Also worth noting that the DLC is on sale for the first time on PC.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I picked up Pirate Warriors 3 on the sale and I use an Xbox One controller.

Unfortunately the game thinks that the right trigger is permanently held down, even though every other game I play has no issues with the controller. I've googled around and the fixes I've seen haven't worked for me. Has anyone here managed to fix that problem if they ran across it? I've even messed around with joy2key a little and that didn't help.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Well, I bought DW8: Empires, but I can't get the data from Free Alliances imported. I Upload it from FA, but when I try to download it in the full version, I get told it's gone through but nothing happens and my slots are still empty. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck recreating them by hand?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Got SW4-II on sale. It's fun, haven't played a stand alone SW in quite a long time.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

character roster of the srpg

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Wonder why they decided to omit Yue Ying.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Hope we get a localisation of that, reminds me of dynasty tactics which was totally boss.

I wonder when they'll pipe up about DW9, I'm genuinely interested in what they might do being as they implied they were shaking things up. Last time that happened...oh god renbu.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Koei Tecmo talked to Famitsu about the stuff they plan on doing in the future. Here's the thread relevant stuff.

quote:

Shibusawa Kou brand boss Kazuhiro Fujishige

Main IPs: Nobunaga’s Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Winning Post, Daikoukai Jidai, Nobunyaga’s Ambition, etc.

In the next one or two years, we need to work on strengthening the brand.
We’ll be launching new IP. And we also want to steadily establish existing IP like Nobunaga’s Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
We want to put out a single hit smartphone game, so we’re making preparations to do that.

Omega Force brand boss Kenichi Ogasawara

Main IPs: Warriors series, Toukiden, Dragon Quest Heroes, etc.

With Dragon Quest Heroes II, in order to go beyond what users expect, we’ve put far more power into this evolution than in normal numbered titles.
(Regarding Dynasty Warriors 9…) I feel like the evolution from Dynasty Warriors 7 to 8 was insufficient. When the time comes to announce it, it’s going to have a greater impact than you can imagine.
This year, we want to team up with high-profile IP users are eagerly anticipating to put out new content. We’ve already received some offers that we’re anxious to get into the development pipeline.
We… may or may not be working on a project that combines our IPs, but will wow new players. (Laughs.)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Weren't they working on something with a "Major Western IP" or was that just corporate speak for "We made eye contact from across the IHOP so fingers crossed!!"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope they announce something at e3

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm excited to see what Kou Shibusawa's new game is. I know it won't be a Liberty or Death revival, but I can sure hope!

Also KT admitting that DW8 kinda sucked as a jump from 7 is nice. Take your time, boys.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I'm excited to see what Kou Shibusawa's new game is. I know it won't be a Liberty or Death revival, but I can sure hope!

Can't wait for the Hamilton tie in DLC.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Also KT admitting that DW8 kinda sucked as a jump from 7 is nice. Take your time, boys.

New Genghis Khan, I loved the old two, that would make my day. Hell, new Celtic Tales would rock too.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Finally I will get a Gintama musou game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i didn't know Kou Shibusawa has a brand boss

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

In SW4E if I invade a territory with more than one of my castles adjacent to it, who participates in the battle? Can I just move my good officers to the front before a fight or is there some kind of reappointment penalty?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tempo 119 posted:

In SW4E if I invade a territory with more than one of my castles adjacent to it, who participates in the battle? Can I just move my good officers to the front before a fight or is there some kind of reappointment penalty?

You can pick your starting 8 from any officers adjacent to the location you're invading, with 2 more as reinforcements. I think? There's no penalty or even time taken to move officers, but having more than 8 xp'ed up will be helpful later.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Stelas posted:

You can pick your starting 8 from any officers adjacent to the location you're invading, with 2 more as reinforcements. I think? There's no penalty or even time taken to move officers, but having more than 8 xp'ed up will be helpful later.

This is 100% accurate. This applies to defensive battles too, so it's usually smartest to keep your best officers in territories that are adjacent to as much of your border as possible.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

In Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate's gauntlet mode is there some method of increasing enemy aggression that I don't know about? I remember the first time I tried the crater level where you first meet Hundun all the enemies piled into the centre resulting in a chain of exp fevers. Conversely, the last time I played all the enemies stayed where they are. In fact, that's happening in most battles in gauntlet mode now.

Also, gently caress Koei for releasing the best exp map as part of a PS4 only DLC.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Death Zebra posted:

In Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate's gauntlet mode is there some method of increasing enemy aggression that I don't know about? I remember the first time I tried the crater level where you first meet Hundun all the enemies piled into the centre resulting in a chain of exp fevers. Conversely, the last time I played all the enemies stayed where they are. In fact, that's happening in most battles in gauntlet mode now.

Also, gently caress Koei for releasing the best exp map as part of a PS4 only DLC.

It goes up over time, as the miasma increases. Higher miasma levels = more aggressive, more numerous, tougher enemies. They start dropping EXP Fevers around miasma level 65. If that's not happening for you, I couldn't say why.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Death Zebra posted:

You can get an exp farm map DLC for PS3/Xbox. Its not the same one, but it's there.

I had to use it quite a bit recently when I accidentally deleted my saves, and had to power level back up to Choas level in a hurry.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm a bit weirded out by the lack of DLC for SW4E. I wanted to make my mans pretty, drat it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
There's all the DLC for SW4/4-2 which works in it still.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, really? Shiiiiit. I played SW4 on PS3 but got SW4E on PS4.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Better news: the DLC is crossbuy for PS3/PS4/Vita.

Just don't confuse it with the Chronicles 3 DLC packs.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

KT's got something planned for reveal at E3.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Heads up: DQ Heroes is on sale this week on PSN, though for some reason it's only the Digital Slime Edition and not the normal one: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dragon-quest-heroes-digital-slime-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHRDIGITALSLIME

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Heads up: DQ Heroes is on sale this week on PSN, though for some reason it's only the Digital Slime Edition and not the normal one: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dragon-quest-heroes-digital-slime-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHRDIGITALSLIME

The reason is that this week's sale theme is entirely extended/bonus editions.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ImpAtom posted:

The reason is that this week's sale theme is entirely extended/bonus editions.
Oh, right. :downs:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So what's the farming map for tomes in SW4-2? Leveling characters is fine with the exp skill (and having gold is also a non issue), but I never have enough tomes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

KingShiro posted:

So what's the farming map for tomes in SW4-2? Leveling characters is fine with the exp skill (and having gold is also a non issue), but I never have enough tomes.

I haven't played it in a while but I'm pretty sure the best way for tomes is to do the tower. I think there are even specific floors that pay out in like 20 of each tome.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Don't have a link because I'm at work but a DW fighting game just got announced for mobile. It will have a preview at E3 and I really hope that wasn't supposed to be the surprise announcement from Omega Force.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it's a port of the first Dynasty Warriors on PS1

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its by perfect world, so this isn't the game omega force was working on, i hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY