Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Optimistic of them that they haven't shaded the end of the chart grey there to mark it as a recession.

"Look this might still turn around any day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Informative? Useful? I also included death toll (except I couldn't find totals for flu/mumps/chickenpox).

(green one next to Spanish flu is COVID)

(orange one next to COVID is Spanish flu)

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

klafbang posted:

Informative? Useful? I also included death toll (except I couldn't find totals for flu/mumps/chickenpox).

(green one next to Spanish flu is COVID)

(orange one next to COVID is Spanish flu)

tableau's got that animate feature now, time to get cracking

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/TenantsUnitedHP/status/1240009801075232770

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

This is supposed to be the awful/funny graphs thread, not the good/cool graphs thread.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WholesomeMeme/status/1241061950097784832

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
From the PYF politoons thread

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Saw that, bothered me too.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

they clearly just made the diagram based on the original quote before it was revised

"The fear of not being enough,
and the fear of being too much
intersect to form a non-empty set
which is where the true fear is"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I fixed it:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

:allears:

from the lack of gradient in the legend to the lack of range in the legend, there's just so much to love here. it's rather legend-ary

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I got it, eventually, but woof.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trabant posted:

Ouch

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Trabant posted:

i assume it's either goatse or loss but i'm not seeing either so far

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Clue: The percentages sum up to 100%.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm so sorry for ever impugning pie charts. This is all my fault :negative:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Trabant posted:

The ever elusive pie chart as a (misused) bar chart as opposed to the all too common bar chart as a pie chart.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Not a terrible chart, but a terrible misreading of a chart

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1242484117373100037

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1242551578038611971

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The bull trap's a bitch

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Ah yes, noted great economic year 1933

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Zemyla posted:

Not a terrible chart, but a terrible misreading of a chart

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1242484117373100037

Always nice to include a simple chart that disproves your dumbass comment.

E: "you" referring to Ms. Coulter here.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ha ha ha

ha ha

ha

gently caress

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Memento posted:

Ha ha ha

ha ha

ha

gently caress

This maps to students in school, spiking for finals, right (before march 2020, that is)?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

This maps to students in school, spiking for finals, right (before march 2020, that is)?

Oh! Thanks, I was trying to come up with something and getting nowhere.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Vavrek posted:

Oh! Thanks, I was trying to come up with something and getting nowhere.

The big long dip is for summer vacation, the big downward spike at the end of each year is for Christmas break, the smaller downward spike just before that is probably for American Thanksgiving, and it peaks just before summer for spring finals. Interesting that there seems to be a significant difference between fall and spring baselines, with spring consistently higher. Is exponential growth a topic more likely to be taught in the second semester of a year-long course? Do students give more of a poo poo in the spring? I don't know.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

DontMockMySmock posted:

The big long dip is for summer vacation, the big downward spike at the end of each year is for Christmas break, the smaller downward spike just before that is probably for American Thanksgiving, and it peaks just before summer for spring finals. Interesting that there seems to be a significant difference between fall and spring baselines, with spring consistently higher. Is exponential growth a topic more likely to be taught in the second semester of a year-long course? Do students give more of a poo poo in the spring? I don't know.

If I were teaching a year-long algebra course, I would definitely have exponential functions in the second semester.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

DontMockMySmock posted:

Properties of the exponential function are usually after Christmas in AP Calculus, so that's probably it. College level calc classes would be offered both semesters, but most high schoolers would have it in spring.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Saw an all-gears-spinning-same-direction business diagram in the wild today. I'm not expecting everyone to learn physics but I'd have thought that was legendary enough to not end up in marketing by this point.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

zedprime posted:

Saw an all-gears-spinning-same-direction business diagram in the wild today. I'm not expecting everyone to learn physics but I'd have thought that was legendary enough to not end up in marketing by this point.

The other one I see all the time is where it's just two gears of different sizes, but one is simply a scaled version of the other with the same number of teeth. Like this company with signage up at a construction site near me:

How are those gears supposed to mesh?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

The other one I see all the time is where it's just two gears of different sizes, but one is simply a scaled version of the other with the same number of teeth. Like this company with signage up at a construction site near me:

You ever seen a really really tall person married to a really really short person?

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

This is likely what is called a "dead cat bounce"

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Kangxi posted:

This is likely what is called a "dead cat bounce"

yeah, I do love posting stock exchange information as though that gain happened in a vacuum with nothing else around it. it's not like it fell like 6000 points right before that or anything.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Low hanging fruit, I know, but still

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Perhaps they are the same size, but one is farther away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There may be a few issues with this survey.