Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

when did this become the Kremling Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“yeah actually they will”" post="“480164112”"]

infomercial v/o: But isn’t there a BETTER way?
[/quote]

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

elf help book posted:

He should be forced to keep his avatar.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dont buy tropical freeze unless youre absolutely sure you want more donkey kong country, is my advice

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

dont buy tropical freeze unless youre absolutely sure you want more donkey kong country, is my advice

It's markedly better than Donkey Kong Country Returns or any of the SNES games IMO. Maybe the best side scroller I've ever played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked DKCR more than TF I think. But they're both cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Will the Switch version of Ys VIII be the new, unfucked version?

Idk if they've said anything about bringin those changes from PC to console, but maybe they will patch the PS4 version whenever the new translation is completed. But also it doesn't really matter because the story is 100x longer than necessary and you can just skip every cutscene after the first like 15 minutes. They made Ys a 30 hour story driven EPIC but the plot is still "adol fell off a boat"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Probably the only bad thing about the Retro games is that Donkey Kong has teeth

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i am on board

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Idk if they've said anything about bringin those changes from PC to console, but maybe they will patch the PS4 version whenever the new translation is completed. But also it doesn't really matter because the story is 100x longer than necessary and you can just skip every cutscene after the first like 15 minutes. They made Ys a 30 hour story driven EPIC but the plot is still "adol fell off a boat"

PS4 and Vita get the new translation the same day the PC version releases, January 30th

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the PC "remaster" of dark souls going to cost money. Or will it be a patch or like, 5 dollar add on.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Is the PC "remaster" of dark souls going to cost money. Or will it be a patch or like, 5 dollar add on.

money probably

The remake runs at 1080p on the PS4 and Xbox One with 60 FPS.
This is a REMAKE of the game using Dark Souls 3’s engine. Expect Combat differences.
Native 4k resolution on PC
Remaster renders upscaled 4K on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One while the PC version will feature resolution upto native 4K.
The remaster will feature up to 6 player online, like Dark Souls 3.
The multiplayer now has dedicated game servers rather than p2p

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

:cawg:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

http://nintendoeverything.com/dark-souls-remastered-will-cost-40/
Dark Souls: Remastered will cost $40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

money probably

This is a REMAKE of the game using Dark Souls 3’s engine. Expect Combat differences.
Remaster renders upscaled 4K on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One while the PC version will feature resolution upto native 4K.

Oh it's in DS3 engine, interesting. That's curious! Also probably means the 6 player online is going to be the thing where 90% of invasions are 3v1 in the hosts favor...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched the direct. Mario Tennis with the gameboy story mode stuff is going to be loving awesome, as is the Payday 2 Switch Timed Exclusive Hacker character Joy. Can't wait to hop online with everybody in my switch version of Payday 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It’s 50% off on PC if you own it already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It’s 50% off on PC if you own it already

Sick, I would consider it for 20 bucks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

New Nintendo Direct including The World Ends With You Final Remix and DARK SOULS REMASTERED

Holy gently caress

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Puck passing isn't in the mobile version, doesn't look like it's in the Switch version either

Going by the trailer it looks like you'll still control your partner with buttons and Neku with touch on the Switch version (which isn't how the mobile version works), but they also said something about joycon controls being a new option

wait if you’re controlling the other character how is there no puck passing?? beat can suck my fat chode if he’s not building combos

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/951511574702907392

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sounds like they should call it quits on the whole console thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

their games surely would sell better on xbox one and pc

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like the twewy final remix will have new content featuring the girl teased at the end of the iOS version

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

t(<_<t)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2 for the win. I'm missing splatfest this weekend tho :(

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

[extremely hosed up and brain damaged gbs guy voice] the sales might be high but the fun value calculations just dont add up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

money probably

god yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hyped for tropical freeze with minor additions, unironically. its the best platformer

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i got tropical freeze as a christmas gift and im just gonna sell it and get the switch version now

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I can't wait to play tropical freeze

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Tender Bender posted:

Probably the only bad thing about the Retro games is that Donkey Kong has teeth

cranky kong smiles and wheezes gleefully and generally behaves as though they electroshocked his personality out of his brain cuckoos nest style

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As "guy who never owned a WiiU" I'm unbelievably hype at everything so far. A Captain Toad Deluxe or even a whole new game would be sweet though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

captain toad was already set up like it was supposed to be a downloadable game in 3 episodes, add 3 more episodes and get it out

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just need the Pikmin Super Compilation or whatever now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

where the gently caress is mario maker switch nintendo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

next week... in game magazines

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Couldn’t resist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
As someone who bought a wii u after a switch I am feeling some type of way