Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Len posted:

Sorry for being too specific.

She may have won a bunch of stuff but I don't get it because I don't find her that funny.

Better? But it's okay to not like things because humor is subjective and I understand my taste is broken. Hope this helps.

It’s clever, cute and reference based, but the references are to, like, classic authors and weird fashions from history. The kind of thing where I say to myself, this was funny and I appreciate the perspective, but I never laugh.

Although if she had anything to do with inspiring the rappin nerd play I may have to consider her an enemy of the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mysterious frankie posted:

It’s clever, cute and reference based, but the references are to, like, classic authors and weird fashions from history. The kind of thing where I say to myself, this was funny and I appreciate the perspective, but I never laugh.

Although if she had anything to do with inspiring the rappin nerd play I may have to consider her an enemy of the people.

The government shutdown prevented a friend of mine from going to see the play and I feel like it was probably doing him a favor.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Len posted:

The government shutdown prevented a friend of mine from going to see the play and I feel like it was probably doing him a favor.

Urban legends say that if you see it three times your clothes magically turn into a lands end button down tucked into khakis, and a lanyard autographed by Joe Biden materializes around your neck and can never be taken off.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sounds loving awesome actually

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Sounds loving awesome actually

The lanyard’s band is said to bear the logo of the Seattle Seahawks. Mind you, this is all conjecture. Anyone who has seen Hamilton thrice is way too busy workshopping with their improv group, Wonk’s Entertainment, to confirm.

E: it’s a seriously huge improv group. The fbi are thinking of labeling them a gang.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The obsession with her is that a G G G GIRL!!!! was briefly on the forums and nobody could handle it even 1%

Absolutely the best part of it was the droves of Apology Goons tracking her down to say "we're actually not all bad and many of us really like you and would like to you please please come back or at least post a forgiveness letter or maybe mail me some of your hair!!"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The obsession with her is that a G G G GIRL!!!! was briefly on the forums and nobody could handle it even 1%

Absolutely the best part of it was the droves of Apology Goons tracking her down to say "we're actually not all bad and many of us really like you and would like to you please please come back or at least post a forgiveness letter or maybe mail me some of your hair!!"

so did she send you hair?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Len posted:

Dunno but for some reason that's the only person goons have respected the wish of and his comics don't get posted here

It's because he asked very nicely. Instead of having a Barbara Streisand kind of meltdown he basically just went "well I mean I can't actually force you people to stop but it would make me very happy if you'd not post my work online, thanks." It's like the opposite of the Streisand Effect.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"cease and desist before you hear from my attorneys" is courteous, I suppose, but not Asking Very Nicely. Coupled with his poor understanding of the internet, it's not at all surprising that people like to take jabs at the incredibly wealthy luddite boomer.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"cease and desist before you hear from my attorneys" is courteous, I suppose, but not Asking Very Nicely. Coupled with his poor understanding of the internet, it's not at all surprising that people like to take jabs at the incredibly wealthy luddite boomer.

Eh, when it comes to intellectual property rights you do kind of have to be pretty vigilant. Look at Prince; he was really aggressive about it. I'm not a lawyer but I think there is also issues with like silent consent in that case. If you never sue anybody or make any legal threats then you've basically said "yeah do whatever" accidentally. I have no idea how well that holds up in court though. Even so that reads to me more like "hey I really don't want to have to sue anybody, OK? That just sucks all around for everybody involved but I also would be pretty happy if you'd not post my stuff everywhere." It struck me as more of a thing where he was saying "yeah I could start throwing around lawsuits but I'd rather not do that, thanks." I really do think he gets that that sort of thing would be like playing whackamole, all told, so instead of throwing around lawsuits he just said it would make him happy if you didn't post it so a lot of people went "OK, we won't."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's because he asked very nicely. Instead of having a Barbara Streisand kind of meltdown he basically just went "well I mean I can't actually force you people to stop but it would make me very happy if you'd not post my work online, thanks." It's like the opposite of the Streisand Effect.

Versus the lady who was like "hey stop making fun of my miscarriages" which gave us the SA reply of "your toxic womb is crowding heaven"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Probably because Goons react differently to Men Doing Thing and Women Doing Thing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gary Larson, your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded!!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Len posted:

Versus the lady who was like "hey stop making fun of my miscarriages" which gave us the SA reply of "your toxic womb is crowding heaven"

There was way more to it than that. We didn't hunt down some random lady that was having problems.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Len posted:

Wasn't that lady an insane evangelical that thought that God commanded her to keep trying to have babies even though doctors were like "no, stop, your reproductive system doesn't work right and you can't have a successful pregnancy?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Johnny Aztec posted:

There was way more to it than that. We didn't hunt down some random lady that was having problems.

Was it? It was before my time but it read like there was a front page article made mocking them. Then the moms got angry and sent hostile emails and rather than going "ya know maybe it's not okay to mock people dealing with grief" 2004 SA doubled down on mocking them.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Len posted:

She told Lowtax she hoped he loses his kids in the future so he can know what it’s like.

Edit: It was Zack “Geist Editor” Parsons

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/were-all-gonna/

“She wasn't alone. Many wished the death of my unborn children, some more coherently than others.”

ParserGirl has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Feb 16, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ParserGirl posted:

She told Lowtax she hoped he loses his kids in the future so he can know what it’s like.

She was being made fun of for her :stare: way of handling grief.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It was 2004. Commenting on other people's pregnancy was the only connection to fatherhood goons could dream of.

Now that Computer Toucher is a high paying job, goons are attracting mates and are less concerned with some random broad losing a lot of babies.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

ParserGirl posted:

Talk about unlikely curses.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/OmegaBlack1631/status/1096617142902874118

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

glad to see Junji Ito is jumping on the garf meme

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm not a lawyer but I think there is also issues with like silent consent in that case. If you never sue anybody or make any legal threats then you've basically said "yeah do whatever" accidentally.
Nope. That's sort of true for trademarks sometimes, but creative works (such as comics) are covered by copyright, and copyright is extremely flexible. As the author (or copyright holder) you can basically change your mind on a whim at any time. You can let allow copies of your work to be distributed freely by anyone until the day you suddenly decide to no longer allow that. You can allow certain people to make copies or even disallow specific people from making copies and you can change your mind on that at any time too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

aahahaha

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nobody tell me if that's an edit or not.

Also is that the same artist that did the Ultimate Warrior comic that would be forgettable were it not for the edit?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

Also is that the same artist that did the Ultimate Warrior comic that would be forgettable were it not for the edit?

Yep, Zen Pencils. The original comic strips are trash but the edits are usually great.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm pretty partial to dril pencils, myself.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

"Hark! A Vagrant," from the song of the same name

this is the one, thank you

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm pretty partial to dril pencils, myself.

same

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

it took me a long time before i learned this was an edit of the original comic

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What did they do beside replace his war bonnet with a feather pompom from a vaudeville stripper butt?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was all :hmmyes: these are good I like them, then I scrolled up and was mildly surprised to see it was Randaconda

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't get that wedding night comic. Do they open their heads and play with the contents for sex?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I don't get that wedding night comic. Do they open their heads and play with the contents for sex?

Don't you????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

What did they do beside replace his war bonnet with a feather pompom from a vaudeville stripper butt?

It's Scooby-Doo in the original