Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Rick_Hunter posted:

Six dogs, actually. Can't remember all the names (Ta'aurc, B'ael, Tou'aurg(?), 3 others).

Yeah that makes sense. 5 didn't seem right to me.

I think I was conflating the ones that hang out around near right and drain, and then somehow missed it while looking for it during a howl (maybe someone was beating it up)

I'm not sure I follow you on getting to drain- the path we took was to go through the middle, then through canyon's entrance that has the tree, then cut right and get to the drain. If you book it you can make it before any dogs get there and then immediately reverse course back to mid-canyon entrance. You're saying to go to canyon's entrance nearer the corner- or go to middle then all the way through canyon- and then follow the dog as it moves along the wall towards drain?

oh yeah additional tip:

two dogs start in the safe room, so you don't want to stand by the ground level doors when first activating the event. Get up top and wait a second before dropping through the hatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Lol my welcome back is a 6.2GB update for a raid I'm not gonna run anytime soon.

It turned into a 50mb update... what?

Ularg fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 14, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Ularg posted:

Lol my welcome back is a 6.2GB update for a raid I'm not gonna run anytime soon.

If you're on PS4 that's not actually 6.2gb, it's just how Sony patches their games. It's 'preparing' the 6.2gb of data to receive the patch which is actually only about 50mb or so.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If you're on PS4 that's not actually 6.2gb, it's just how Sony patches their games. It's 'preparing' the 6.2gb of data to receive the patch which is actually only about 50mb or so.

Oh thank God.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That is how Bungie patches its turds, Jesus loving Christmas. They should have dropped this system since Ps4 is loving slow at calculating the crc and if for some reason reason the file is corrupt then it makes you re-download everything

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

That is how Bungie patches its turds, Jesus loving Christmas. They should have dropped this system since Ps4 is loving slow at calculating the crc and if for some reason reason the file is corrupt then it makes you re-download everything

Does it still take all night to load a map in their editor to move a resource a couple inches?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I don't know about that, I had to download 5 gigs for the patch yesterday on my work machine, but at home it finished instantly. I don't get it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, gently caress me. I joined a Guided Nightfall and we blitzed through it together, with seven minutes on the clock - of course because I don't have a regular fireteam my Rat King questline hadn't been advanced past the first stage, so that performance didn't count for anything.

:negative:

Run a few of them now and I still don't understand the aversion to having more open matchmaking for Nightfalls.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
What they should have done is implement a sort of matchmaking board in-game, where you'd post yourself or your group and then get to choose who you group with. This would remove the gigantic hassle of having to find people on third party sites and then add them to your friend list while still keeping the idea of having to be social to complete harder content.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, that'd be workable.

I just I'm just a little sour because the playtime where I have access to VOIP doesn't give a lot of flexibility for stuff such as raids, so I'm pretty reliant on random in-game matchmaking. I got annoyed with the first Destiny because I missed out on quite a bit of story due to running in the No Raid Group wall.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

poptart_fairy posted:

Haha, gently caress me. I joined a Guided Nightfall and we blitzed through it together, with seven minutes on the clock - of course because I don't have a regular fireteam my Rat King questline hadn't been advanced past the first stage, so that performance didn't count for anything.

Run a few of them now and I still don't understand the aversion to having more open matchmaking for Nightfalls.

The glory days of World of Warcraft

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Doing CRC in arbitrary blocks (maybe 1MB or any other size) is trivial.

This show how little Sony care about the internet.

A fat guy in his mother basement writting a torrent tool put more trough on this than all the developers of the PSN. We pay, but we are not the customers. Their objective is winning internal office politics.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 14, 2017

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
bungie should have just copied the100.io system, maybe tie it into the app or whatever.

but that would go against their vision for the game which is basically burning crusade era wow.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

It seems like doing it guided counts for nothing, neither milestone nor trophy, so I'm not really sure what the point is beyond just seeing it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like doing it guided counts for nothing, neither milestone nor trophy, so I'm not really sure what the point is beyond just seeing it.

It fulfils the trophy and milestone, or I just got really lucky with a glitch and the game took pity on me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

It fulfils the trophy and milestone, or I just got really lucky with a glitch and the game took pity on me.

Oh it does? Cool. The game seems to list them as separate so I didn't think so.

Reading up on the raid and that Cabal booklet, the Emperor sounds like a pretty cool dude. He's Hedonismbot and helping you out! Sort of.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 14, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Doing CRC in arbitrary blocks (maybe 1MB or any other size) is trivial.

This show how little Sony care about the internet.

A fat guy in his mother basement writting a torrent tool put more trough on this than all the developers of the PSN. We pay, but we are not the customers. Their objective is winning internal office politics.

The psn being fragile poo poo does not discount the fact that Bungie loves to live dangerously. If the patch gets corrupted because light goes out and the Fs journal did not save the correct checkpoint then you have to re-download everything from launch day. It is not how it worked on vanilla through house of wolves. Bongo has to take their part on the shame train.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Ularg posted:

Does it still take all night to load a map in their editor to move a resource a couple inches?

From what I understand they have improved their workflow quite a bit and this is no longer the case.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the lore on the raid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Calaveron posted:

What's the lore on the raid

Emperor Hedonismbot wants to help you to get huge because the light sort of sucks.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mazerunner posted:

no? just part of the story missions. You do the stuff on IO, get the exotic, and then go back to Earth

I never got that unless I'm just missing something. Weird.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, that'd be workable.

I just I'm just a little sour because the playtime where I have access to VOIP doesn't give a lot of flexibility for stuff such as raids, so I'm pretty reliant on random in-game matchmaking. I got annoyed with the first Destiny because I missed out on quite a bit of story due to running in the No Raid Group wall.

If you can't talk you can't raid, there's honestly nothing to be sour about other than whatever circumstances keep you from being able to communicate.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bungie celebrating world first

https://twitter.com/JasonSussman/status/908097522387755008

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Got it done. Finally killed the last fucker and completed the raid.

All up got a helm, chest, scout and pulse.

Without giving anything away i will say this, i got the most dps in all segments of the raid using this setup. Its godly:

Striker. Top skill tree with double pulse nades (they are amazing for any dps). Full auto shotty for all encounters except last, where i used a high impact sniper. Sweet business and auto rifle secondary with the titan chest that reloads your auto rifles from inventory.

Its hard as hell. Good luck to anyone trying a full run. Took us 12 hours as 6x 290+ players who are all 2.5+ pvp kders.

Would be literally impossible with lfg.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

If you can't talk you can't raid, there's honestly nothing to be sour about other than whatever circumstances keep you from being able to communicate.

I can talk, just not at the times a primarily US based raiding group makes my UK playtime reliable, hth.

I dislike story content and the like being tucked away in group content, and that's the extent of my complaint. In a game that's mostly pretty open it's a bit of a downer.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 14, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This is so dang cool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Emperor Hedonismbot wants to help you to get huge because the light sort of sucks.

Do you kill him at the end

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Do you kill him at the end

You kill a robot that looks Iike him. You literally pull the boss by shooting his wine goblet from his hand. After he dies he tries to convince you to join him and says some stuff that implies you'll get to fight him for real later, then opens the treasure room where you see that there are many, many robots just like the one you just fought. It's pretty cool, but I only saw it on stream since I'm out of town this week.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

I can talk, just not at the times a primarily US based raiding group makes my UK playtime reliable, hth.

I dislike story content and the like being tucked away in group content, and that's the extent of my complaint. In a game that's mostly pretty open it's a bit of a downer.

90% of the game's content is available for you without having to communicate with others and I'm sorry that's not good enough for you. If you can't find a goon group that raids at an ideal time for you then Bungie.net has an lfg system.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I just finished my MIDAs questline.

The Scout rifle rolled at 292. I didn't realize they got such a crazy bump (Light at time of turning was 274ish).

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Raid: 280 required, 270 recommended

:thunk:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

CheeseFactory posted:

Would be literally impossible with lfg.

but i just want to see the raid!!

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I will be doing my weekend cross Atlantic runs again once I'm ready hopefully. Normally like 2pm est/7pm GMT on a sat/sun

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

boho posted:

Raid: 280 required, 270 recommended

:thunk:

That's only in guided, I thought

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

90% of the game's content is available for you without having to communicate with others and I'm sorry that's not good enough for you. If you can't find a goon group that raids at an ideal time for you then Bungie.net has an lfg system.

LFG doesn't have a functionality for raids. Sorry your status as a tier 1 pro raider is threatened by a mild complaint of mine, I guess.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
Needs Looking For Goons option.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh goody may favorite part of MMOs creeping in! Elitism rules

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao dude, it's not 'elitism,' it's "can you communicate y/n?" The raids require you to talk and have precise coordination so no, you can't just shuffle along with no mic unless you have achieved literal symbiosis with your raid group.

poptart_fairy posted:

LFG doesn't have a functionality for raids. Sorry your status as a tier 1 pro raider is threatened by a mild complaint of mine, I guess.

My bad, I guess there are still like three third party lfg sites to choose from then. Maybe when you move out of your mom's house you won't feel so much pressure to keep the noise down and you can finally see a raid. Good luck!

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

poptart_fairy posted:

People seem to be using up for anything