Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

evilweasel posted:

i know how motions to dismiss and summary judgment work, but they don't usually work within an hour of the guy filing, unless the tweet about the guy filing the lawsuit wasn't actually when he filed it

a motion to dismiss takes time, you gotta write your motion, they oppose, you reply to their opposition, then you argue it in front of the judge, then he writes an order

I wouldn't be surprised if the judge had all the paperwork 90% done in anticipation of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

i know how motions to dismiss and summary judgment work, but they don't usually work within an hour of the guy filing, unless the tweet about the guy filing the lawsuit wasn't actually when he filed it

a motion to dismiss takes time, you gotta write your motion, they oppose, you reply to their opposition, then you argue it in front of the judge, then he writes an order

He filed in June and it got booted on standing since he isn't a resident of SC

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

evilweasel posted:

i didn't even know you could get a lawsuit dismissed that fast

Lack of standing per follow up:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Yoojin_Cho/status/900769695665729536

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whats he say?

I'm at work.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FizFashizzle posted:

whats he say?

I'm at work.

Overwined posted:

What a vile piece of poo poo. For those tldw people, he pretends to slip up and says "Martin Luther Coon".

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
if you ever wondered what a dog turd would look like if an evil witch transformed it into writing:

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/23/a-strong-opinion-stop-counter-protesting_partner/

botany fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 24, 2017

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

FizFashizzle posted:

whats he say?

I'm at work.
Bloviates about about how a rebel rag deserves to decorate our government buildings, then references MLK but "slips" and says "Coon" instead of "King"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

This is some 1984 poo poo.

I mean, Reagan was technically head of a union, the Screen Actor's Guild. However his tenure as SAG head was basically a stepping stone to becoming Cali governor on the corpses of the 'communists' blackballed from the industry.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
My motion seeking a standing order establishing Taco Tuesday in the 4th Circuit Eastern District faced a similarly ignoble fate.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really hate old people, very few of them have any decency. Most people just dismiss them as because they're old and see them as cute/frail so they get away with doing terrible poo poo. These are the people running the country.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

botany posted:

if you ever wondered what a dog turn would look like if an evil witch transformed it into writing:

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/23/a-strong-opinion-stop-counter-protesting_partner/

This is quite literally why Trump won

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

evilweasel posted:

i didn't even know you could get a lawsuit dismissed that fast

probably couldn't get through the proceedings without uttering a few more slurs

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Invalid Validation posted:

I really hate old people, very few of them have any decency. Most people just dismiss them as because they're old and see them as cute/frail so they get away with doing terrible poo poo. These are the people running the country.

No one over seventy five should be able to vote

Statistically they're already dead. They have no skin in the game.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I mean, Reagan was technically head of a union, the Screen Actor's Guild. However his tenure as SAG head was basically a stepping stone to becoming Cali governor on the corpses of the 'communists' blackballed from the industry.

Then Reagan illegally crushed the unionized FAA air traffic controllers setting a tone across the country that Reagan's DoL wouldn't enforce the law against companies illegally acting against organized labor.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Too thin and papery.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

PhazonLink posted:

Also MLP reminder.

Two times it came up during the 2016 crazyness.

1) Zodiac Killer said the apple horse was his favorite.
2) When Donnie Wife #3894759852398 rippoffed Michelle Obama's speech, a talking head went to TV and said that Tropy-wife#2348975928759 was obviously quoting a MLP episode.

This is one of those too crazy to be true thoughts, but with this administration you never know. What if Donnie gave the plagiarized speech to Melania to set her up to fail spectacularly? He doesn't want any attention being focused on her and it would completely undercut her confidence and desire to pursue any attention grabbing First Lady duties. This is a dumb and malicious plan. It would make no sense to do it. It therefore satisfies Trump's razor.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Your honor, at this time plaintiff moves for a pizza party, and seeks the entry of an order by mandamus which would require the furnishing of such pizza party ad is reasonable and customary for parties of pizza

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

botany posted:

if you ever wondered what a dog turd would look like if an evil witch transformed it into writing:

this loving piece of writing is actually making me more angry than i've been in a good, long while. what a loving piece of privileged poo poo, god drat.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

botany posted:

quote:

Without counter-protesters, without violence, there would be no blanket cable news coverage. And probably no innocent deaths.

Well! Now that we've got that figured out, I propose that I can end thievery by getting rid of all the money! :smug:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/whitehouse_diff/status/900772233530003456

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's not the 80-90 year olds from the greatest and silent generations who are loving us. It's the 55-70 year old boomers.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

BlueberryCanary posted:

To be fair to Bush, he really wanted to send in the army to provide relief for New Orleans immediately after the hurricane hit. The only reason he didn't is that the law prohibited the federal government from intervening in state matters such as emergency relief without a formal request from the governor, and the governor of Louisiana was a total shithead.

That is verifiable not true.

Additionally, the Bush Administration blocked foreign search and rescue teams.

Sorry, but whiteknighting for Bush on Katrina is ridiculous.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What's going on with the active shooter in Charleston

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/900783051202060288

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Fun to see even generally conservative papers getting in on it.

https://twitter.com/indystar/status/900785309843050496

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

"Bare" Obamacare?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Hostage standoff per CNN.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hollismason posted:

disgruntled employee in a restaurant just regular crazy bullshit and not politcal crazy bullshit

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Covok posted:

"Bare" Obamacare?

Counties without any insurers offering plans on the exchanges.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Anyone have a link for the press briefing? Can't seem to find one.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Covok posted:

"Bare" Obamacare?

I can only assume they mean there are no counties with 0 insurers participating in the ACA individual markets.

Covok
May 27, 2013

aware of dog posted:

Counties without any insurers offering plans on the exchanges.

I guess knowing the Repubs taking over doesn't mean the end of Obamacare made people less trepidious. Odd considering Trump wants to defund them. Then again, I heard the dems found a way to stop that.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Anyone have a link for the press briefing? Can't seem to find one.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-4

should start shortly

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Covok posted:

"Bare" Obamacare?

The Article Is Literally Linked In The Tweet, It's Right There

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/upshot/obamacares-bare-county-problem-looks-mostly-solved-for-now.html

Literally The First Paragraph posted:

A few months ago, it looked as if large swaths of the country might end up without any insurers willing to sell Obamacare insurance in 2018. But in the last few weeks the “bare county” problem, which President Trump had cited as a sign the markets were failing, has nearly solved itself.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ugh its probably bad that my immediate thought was " oh good someone didn't shoot up a elementary school and it's only a hostage situation"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cheers. :suspense:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

From earlier but I'm not sure why Obama decided against having his library and museum operated by the NARA.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hollismason posted:

Ugh its probably bad that my immediate thought was " oh good someone didn't shoot up a elementary school and it's only a hostage situation"

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

PhazonLink posted:

Do Texas politicians understand that a decent part of their state's GDP(and therefore taxes) is from blue cities?

Yes.

That just makes it easier for them to whip up rural and suburban votes with anti-local-control rhetoric because the dastardly democrats on the city councils can't be allowed to strange the great Texas economy which runs on freedom and low taxes (no education spending needed).

• Locked thread