Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Augus posted:

have you considered the possibility they're just being retarded

gently caress, I forgot this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

but he died…

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Didn't he fuckin die in the original movie? Maybe he's in flashbacks or they're just gonna retcon it idk . Smh

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They're gonna go with the alternate ending I bet

which is something more movies need to do when they realize they botched something in the original

just ignore it altogether

Evil Dead 2 does more or less the same thing and it's awesome for it

I mean hell, writers do it all the time with revised editions of their books.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1791122894468133374

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

"Totalitarianism is when someone tells me to take a shower because I smell bad."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Canceled Sheldon

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
original ending absolutely happened but somehow he gets away with just a bandage over his head

maybe an eyepatch

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They're gonna go with the alternate ending I bet

which is something more movies need to do when they realize they botched something in the original

just ignore it altogether

Evil Dead 2 does more or less the same thing and it's awesome for it

I mean hell, writers do it all the time with revised editions of their books.

They said they were using the alternate ending yeah, which is honestly the better ending and has a more satisfying character arc

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

By firing squad no less

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:negative: noooooooooooooooooooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Old Sheldon next please.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Home Improvement cinematic universe remake staring Sheldon as the new tim allen

cbs give me money i just printed you a billion dollar post

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

It is. I totally forgot that song happened. The dude pretty much instantly got mad at his right wing media handlers, blew them off, released an album in March to no attention, and is doing nothing again.

his understanding of capitalism was "people from states north of virginia are loving us over" lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

I think the miners hang dong at least once

in the first scene where the do they make a point of having the miner dude walk multiple yards toward a couple other characters with his junk bouncing around the whole time. he even seemed to have a little spring in his step lmao

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Sharon Stone, Liam Neeson and more actors are coming to the defense of Kevin Spacey and calling for his return to the industry at large. Spacey has not worked in Hollywood since being accused by several men of sexual misconduct starting in 2017. The two-part documentary "Spacey Unmasked" recently aired in the U.K. and is now streaming on Max and features previously unheard of testimonies about Spacey's alleged sexual misconduct, including a claim that he allegedly groped another "House of Cards" actor on set.

In statements given to The Telegraph, Stone and Neeson were joined by the likes of Stephen Fry and F Murray Abraham in their calls for Spacey's return. Abraham himself was accused of sexual misconduct during the production of the Apple TV+ series "Mythic Quest," which reportedly led to his firing.
"I can't wait to see Kevin back at work. He is a genius. He is so elegant and fun, generous to a fault and knows more about our craft than most of us ever will," Stone told The Telegraph, adding that it was clear aspiring actors "wanted and want to be around him."

"It's terrible that they are blaming him for not being able to come to terms with themselves for using him and negotiating with themselves because they didn't get their secret agendas," Stone added,

Neeson told the publication he "was deeply saddened to learn of these accusations against" Spacey, but added: "Kevin is a good man and a man of character. He's sensitive, articulate and non-judgmental, with a terrific sense of humor. He is also one of our finest artists in the theatre and on camera. Personally speaking, our industry needs him and misses him greatly."

"I vouch for him unequivocally," Abraham said. "Who are these vultures who attack a man who has publicly accepted his responsibility for certain behavior, unlike so many others?…He is a fine man, I stand with him, and let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Fry took aim at the documentary "Spacey Unasked" and said that to "bracket [Spacey] with the likes of Harvey Weinstein" and "to continue to harass and hound him, to devote a whole documentary to accusations that simply do not add up to crimes…how can that be considered proportionate and justified?"

Spacey himself has already slammed the documentary. In an interview with journalist Dan Wootton, the Oscar winner lamented being shut out of the industry, saying: "Nobody in Hollywood has ever presented a path back for me. There's no coursework material. I've been given no boxes to check, no nothing. It seems that some are content with just canceling me forever. It's a life sentence."

Since claims of Spacey's alleged inappropriate behavior and sexual assault first arose in the wake of the #MeToo movement in 2017, several legal cases have been brought against the two-time Oscar winner. In 2022, a jury in New York concluded that he did not molest actor Anthony Rapp, who had accused him of sexual assault in the early 1980s when Rapp was 14. The next year, a U.K. court found Spacey not guilty of nine charges of sexual assault from four complainants. Several other charges and lawsuits have been dropped. Spacey has denied all the allegations.

"Spacey Unmasked" includes a handful of new allegations leveled at Spacey, including one claim that he made "aggressive sexual move" on a classmate in high school. Another claim alleges Spacey masturbated in a cinema next to an actor while watching the opening scenes of "Saving Private Ryan."

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

Sharon Stone, Liam Neeson and more actors are coming to the defense of Kevin Spacey and calling for his return to the industry at large. Spacey has not worked in Hollywood since being accused by several men of sexual misconduct starting in 2017. The two-part documentary "Spacey Unmasked" recently aired in the U.K. and is now streaming on Max and features previously unheard of testimonies about Spacey's alleged sexual misconduct, including a claim that he allegedly groped another "House of Cards" actor on set.

In statements given to The Telegraph, Stone and Neeson were joined by the likes of Stephen Fry and F Murray Abraham in their calls for Spacey's return. Abraham himself was accused of sexual misconduct during the production of the Apple TV+ series "Mythic Quest," which reportedly led to his firing.
"I can't wait to see Kevin back at work. He is a genius. He is so elegant and fun, generous to a fault and knows more about our craft than most of us ever will," Stone told The Telegraph, adding that it was clear aspiring actors "wanted and want to be around him."

"It's terrible that they are blaming him for not being able to come to terms with themselves for using him and negotiating with themselves because they didn't get their secret agendas," Stone added,

Neeson told the publication he "was deeply saddened to learn of these accusations against" Spacey, but added: "Kevin is a good man and a man of character. He's sensitive, articulate and non-judgmental, with a terrific sense of humor. He is also one of our finest artists in the theatre and on camera. Personally speaking, our industry needs him and misses him greatly."

"I vouch for him unequivocally," Abraham said. "Who are these vultures who attack a man who has publicly accepted his responsibility for certain behavior, unlike so many others?…He is a fine man, I stand with him, and let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Fry took aim at the documentary "Spacey Unasked" and said that to "bracket [Spacey] with the likes of Harvey Weinstein" and "to continue to harass and hound him, to devote a whole documentary to accusations that simply do not add up to crimes…how can that be considered proportionate and justified?"

Spacey himself has already slammed the documentary. In an interview with journalist Dan Wootton, the Oscar winner lamented being shut out of the industry, saying: "Nobody in Hollywood has ever presented a path back for me. There's no coursework material. I've been given no boxes to check, no nothing. It seems that some are content with just canceling me forever. It's a life sentence."

Since claims of Spacey's alleged inappropriate behavior and sexual assault first arose in the wake of the #MeToo movement in 2017, several legal cases have been brought against the two-time Oscar winner. In 2022, a jury in New York concluded that he did not molest actor Anthony Rapp, who had accused him of sexual assault in the early 1980s when Rapp was 14. The next year, a U.K. court found Spacey not guilty of nine charges of sexual assault from four complainants. Several other charges and lawsuits have been dropped. Spacey has denied all the allegations.

"Spacey Unmasked" includes a handful of new allegations leveled at Spacey, including one claim that he made "aggressive sexual move" on a classmate in high school. Another claim alleges Spacey masturbated in a cinema next to an actor while watching the opening scenes of "Saving Private Ryan."

remember when liam neeson went walking around in public to find a random black person to attack after his friend got raped?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Justin Tyme posted:

They said they were using the alternate ending yeah, which is honestly the better ending and has a more satisfying character arc

it's more satisfying to me for him to die

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when liam neeson went walking around in public to find a random black person to attack after his friend got raped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNe2L9l1Vr0

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember how he pisses himself in public all the time

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its Neeson Season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*Brooklyn guy voice* I saw Neeson pee, son

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Another claim alleges Spacey masturbated in a cinema next to an actor while watching the opening scenes of "Saving Private Ryan."

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

my_custom_username posted:

When I beat Leffen at Genesis 7, I was wearing a red
pair of Adidas pants with white stripes on them. These
pants would become synonymous with my run at that
tournament.

A few months after Genesis 7, someone sent me a picture of Leffen wearing a red Adidas t-shirt with white stripes on its sleeves while editing a digital controller’s
button layout. Again, this wasn’t a coincidence. It was a psychopath’s way of showing that he wants revenge.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I saw saving private Ryan in the theaters about four seats away from Sinbad and he was with his dad I think and both kept it in the pants.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

remake the nes game

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

S7E14: "Der Untergang"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Al! posted:

a lot of decisions like that make a lot more sense if it treat it as if they were writing about the american government. you cant totally treat it that way because they seem to care whether the plant melted down or not
There was an article at the time where the showrunner claimed that it was a show about government dysfunction, and how the people running the state can get so caught up in the ideology of the state that they completely lose touch with reality and the people they govern. Also leaders being hella old. And explicitly calling out that this was not a Communist thing, but an issue that affects the modern US in exactly the same way as the gerontocratic late USSR.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

everyone in that gerontocracy was younger than our gerontocracy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah but they didn't have superior capitalist tech to keep their bodies and minds perfect forever

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Yeah but they didn't have superior capitalist tech to keep their bodies and minds perfect forever
80 is the new 60

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hollywood should focus on something everyone wants to watch jnstead: the 90th planet of the apes movie/reboot

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

There was an article at the time where the showrunner claimed that it was a show about government dysfunction, and how the people running the state can get so caught up in the ideology of the state that they completely lose touch with reality and the people they govern. Also leaders being hella old. And explicitly calling out that this was not a Communist thing, but an issue that affects the modern US in exactly the same way as the gerontocratic late USSR.

Lol. Also aside from the (obviously bad) events that led to the disaster the government performed very well in the show?? It took very little cajoling to get the top bureaucrats to understand what was happening even if some of the midlevel guys like fat Belarussian dude or the plant middlemanagers were idiots. And like yeah a couple times they didn't do enough but all it took was like one phonecall or meeting scene and the Committee would send what was needed. Genuinely even this failass anticommunist show portrays an unthinkably efficient government response to a disaster

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Lol. Also aside from the (obviously bad) events that led to the disaster the government performed very well in the show?? It took very little cajoling to get the top bureaucrats to understand what was happening even if some of the midlevel guys like fat Belarussian dude or the plant middlemanagers were idiots. And like yeah a couple times they didn't do enough but all it took was like one phonecall or meeting scene and the Committee would send what was needed. Genuinely even this failass anticommunist show portrays an unthinkably efficient government response to a disaster

yeah they really failed at showing government dysfunction imo

it took a little doing to get everyone moving at the beginning because something had happened which was theoretically impossible, and there were some one-off scenes where someone was a doofus, but it All Worked Out In The End

even in the aforementioned goat-shooting scene the old lady came off like a myopic stubborn whiny moron and shooting her loving goats came off like the right thing to do

they stumbled into making a pro-communist show by accident imo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I did not even consider the old lady goat scene to be a negative thing until someone said it yesterday. They were already supposed to put down all the infected animals?? I mean sure fine some old country grandma is stubborn and doesn't know what the real danger is, that's fine by me. But the boys were doing the right thing anyway

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Remembering when the kid first gets to the army camp and the veteran guy is like 'Jesus, they're running out of men' as if the troops were dying in their thousands lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hollywood should focus on something everyone wants to watch jnstead: the 90th planet of the apes movie/reboot

I like that they're putting out a de-cgi'd version they should have to do that with all movies going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lemme see the cut where the actor is marveling with wonder as they pet a green tennis ball on a stick