Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/500-georgia-students-in-quarantine-after-super-spreader-halloween-parties.html

quote:

Hundreds of middle and high school students in Walker County, Ga., attended two Halloween parties that led to a surge in COVID-19 cases, prompting Lafayette High School to switch to a hybrid in-person/remote schedule, reports ABC affiliate WTVC. 

At least 35 students within Walker County School District have tested positive for COVID-19, leaving at least 500 students quarantining as of Nov. 11. At Lafayette High School, which is part of the district, nine staff members were also out due to a confirmed case or close contact. The switch to a hybrid schedule is the first time the district has had to incorporate remote learning since the start of the pandemic. 

The district updates COVID-19 reports weekly, with the last report from Nov. 6 stating there were eight positive cases and 87 students quarantining. The Walker County Association of Educators is now pressing for daily COVID reports amid the recent surge. 

Within the last 14 days, cases in the county have increased more than 5 percent, according to WTVC. As of Nov. 11, there have been a total of 2,139 confirmed cases in Walker County, 47 deaths and 100 hospitalizations since March.

Edit: cat snipe

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 23:42 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
today's deathscore of 2,662 = 0.889 9/11s

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i wonder if these people existed in china and what the government did with them if they expressed it publicly

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Shipon posted:

i wonder if these people existed in china and what the government did with them if they expressed it publicly

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/world/asia/china-expels-journalists.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/06/us/politics/china-us-journalists-visas-expulsions.html

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

lol 200k next Friday?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Wolfy posted:

lol 200k next Friday?

Trumo is having a rally tomorrow in DC so, yes

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
I thought I was pretty much numb to this poo poo by now, but I guess not. These increasing numbers are still terrifying, even though I expected nothing less

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

snoo posted:

mr gently caress COREY PERRY sir this is good to put in that third post as well thank u

NO

maybe

fine

done

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I worked in a second rehab facility today to cover for another speech pathologist. The company neglected to tell me that he was off because he had COVID, I had to find out from the staff there. After I had treated all his exposed patients.

One of the patients on caseload popped a positive result just as I was about to walk in. One of the floor nurses grabbed me by the collar as I walked by and was like, yeah, you don't wanna go in there.

I hate to say this, but all my treatments today were garbage because I just wanted to nope the gently caress out. Sorry, patients.

At this point it's just a matter of time until my lungs are a pile of goo on the floor.

SchrodingersCat has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Nov 13, 2020

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

ok perfect, I need this gang tag

mods plz replace the *JOE tag with covinksnoo, thank u

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I look forward to the NYPD swat team gunfight against federal agents on the tarmac of JFK when the vaccine shipment lands.

whoever wins will steal the shipment for their own team and sell it to the highest bidder.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/chicken1basket/status/1327368155145129984

Ignore the typo. This is how places get around the indoor dining ban

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drat this owns

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

beautiful

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

173,000+ holy gently caress

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

worldmeters abruptly blew well past 170k, not sure which state put it over the top

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Air Flow from Ceiling Fans

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

gently caress that's perfect and I need it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Americans believe fan death applies to viruses

the fans chop up the virus

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

173,000+ holy gently caress

Innocuous posted:

worldmeters abruptly blew well past 170k, not sure which state put it over the top

colorado doing some work.

anyway nebraska and idaho still have to put up their number sothats probably another 3k there. If some other states that already reaported still have a few to add, we could hit 180k today lmao

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/chicken1basket/status/1327368155145129984

Ignore the typo. This is how places get around the indoor dining ban

lmao

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol this is fantastic

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/12/coronavirus-testing-capacity-labs-concerned-436399

quote:

Clinical laboratories are warning they could soon face delays processing coronavirus tests, similar to slowdowns this summer, as infections again surge to record numbers across the country.
The nation’s testing capacity has increased, but not fast enough to keep pace with the swarm of new cases. Over the past week, the U.S. conducted nearly 10 million coronavirus tests, an increase of 12.5 percent from the previous week, while confirmed cases rose 40.8 percent to more than 875,000.

Quest Diagnostics this week said its average turnaround time for PCR testing is two days, but private labs say results will take longer to process once the number of new samples begins to exceed testing capacity.

Someone itt called this last week or so. I'm surprised it's not already happened

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

This is amazing

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBCBusiness/status/1327381306779590657?s=19

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Corona Safe Santa, Aalborg, Denmark

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Wolfy posted:

lol 200k next Friday?

why not today?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pingui posted:

Corona Safe Santa, Aalborg, Denmark

This is the kind of ingenuity we should be seeing,
instead of that stupid tent poo poo where they just reinvent the idea of indoors.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Eddy Allan P. posted:

THE “Red Death” had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal—the redness and the horror of blood. There were sharp pains, and sudden dizziness, and then profuse bleeding at the pores, with dissolution. The scarlet stains upon the body and especially upon the face of the victim, were the pest ban which shut him out from the aid and from the sympathy of his fellow-men. And the whole seizure, progress, and termination of the disease, were the incidents of half an hour.

But the Prince Prospero was happy and dauntless and sagacious.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

+155,746 with just under 3 hours to go :^)

States not yet reporting: MA, CO, NE, ID, NM, AK, HI, NH

I also think CA/TX didn't fully report? Not sure

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yeah we are hitting 170k today lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFnCzUxLU8&t=44s

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Lol, that's amazing.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
rehab hospital around here is expanding their covid bed capacity and making more room because of uncontrolled spread , like where physicians examine people in private rooms

hospital might furlough since in an email they linked to UI guides

lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

snake and bake posted:

Ok, gonna try to make a respirator effortpost cobbled together with quotes from the thread

Quotin' for myself too

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Looks like the Greenland flag, finally, Greenland is the owner of Denmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
only 36 nations on earth have a higher total covid count than the USA added today alone. today's daily case increase in the US is now greater than Sweden has ever reported in total.