Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You need to find a new lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You need to find a new lawyer.

I thought the ability to convince yourself that obvious bullshit was true would be a good skill for a lawyer to have.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Z-Magic posted:

I thought the ability to convince yourself that obvious bullshit was true would be a good skill for a lawyer to have.

That's like a DC 120 skill check. That's some epic level poo poo there.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
He's good at his job, but last time I went in he told me a 30 minute story about how he traveled to Egypt with his family and tried to convince his guide that the Koran says that there are three ways to be accepted into Islam:

1) Convert completely and follow all tenets set forth, even then you will not be accepted.
2) Give 40% of your income to the Islamic church and be ok with the fact that they can kill you at any time.
3) Become a slave (literal) to the church of Islam.

He's crazy as hell.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Letting this man represent you in the legal arena is A Good Idea.

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you.
I read an article that was linked here (or perhaps the Republican primary thread) about how America's politically uneducated majority doesn't result in the best candidate and/or president, it only helps ensure that we don't get the worst candidates/despots. Thus, we're stuck with mediocrity.

Does that ring a bell with anyone? A friend posted a comment on FB concerning this topic and I'd love to find that article again to show her.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! http://news.yahoo.com/people-arent-smart-enough-democracy-flourish-scientists-185601411.html

Solaron fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 19, 2012

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I remember Obama said he'd stand with labor unions if things got ugly for them too, and we all saw how that worked out. :allears:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

The Rokstar posted:

I remember Obama said he'd stand with labor unions if things got ugly for them too, and we all saw how that worked out. :allears:

"I'll be there on that picket line" if I recall correctly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maybe the counter protest line.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe the counter protest line.

Nah, he'd offer tax incentives to corporations for hiring Pinkertons to bust up the picket line. Then go on TV and say he created a thousand new jobs.

I really hate how cynical I've become.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

synthetik posted:

Here's the one I got today (from my laywer!)

Don't take other people's word for what he wrote in his books; read them yourself. I did. Let me save to some time and tell you what he said.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Thank you Facebook for providing me with "the liberal definition of freedom."

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/409725_371493552870715_100000302202796_1225126_456787630_n.jpg

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Asnorban posted:

Thank you Facebook for providing me with "the liberal definition of freedom."

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/409725_371493552870715_100000302202796_1225126_456787630_n.jpg

Had you not said so, I would literally have no idea which side of the political spectrum posted that about the other side.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Not a forward but Facebook. Never really seen these from a left-wing view.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Not a forward but Facebook. Never really seen these from a left-wing view.

Anything given for free holds no value; that's why I pay my wife for sex.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Love, the most worthless thing you can give someone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

She must be in favor of a 100% inheritance tax.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

quote:

any thing given for free holds no value

This is why I never give gifts to friends or family. They'll enjoy things much more if they work for them themselves.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

TerminalSaint posted:

This is why I never give gifts to friends or family. They'll enjoy things much more if they work for them themselves.

Honestly a mom gives birth to their child for free. Far as I can tell they're in debt already, why do kids get given all this food and clothes?

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
The only other time I've heard that "given" line was in Starship Troopers. The teacher played by Micheal Ironsides says "something given has no value." Then talks about forces and military coups. It's like that person heard that and just didn't realize the context, at all, and just parrots it back without thinking about it at all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
A former employee still has his email attached to some super right wing poo poo. Every once in a while I scan our catchall to forward on people's misspelled email addresses. Just got this gem:

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/

"World's Leading Obama Eligibility Challenge Web Site!"

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Honestly a mom gives birth to their child for free. Far as I can tell they're in debt already, why do kids get given all this food and clothes?

Kids are the ultimate leeches on society. Think about babies...they're the worst. Needing constant attention and care and what do they provide? Nothing. At least toddlers fall and hurt themselves a lot.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

facebook shitheel posted:

RT @cclaudiaa poo poo like OWS makes me embarrassed to be a new yorker like you're shaming our loving city. You are poor, get over it.

quote:

RT @OCongress Our legal system can arrest a person for setting up a tent in a park, but not a man who fatally shoots of a teenager?

He can somehow mindlessly retweet two opposing opinions, within minutes of each other. Cognitive dissonance, y'all.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

red19fire posted:

He can somehow mindlessly retweet two opposing opinions, within minutes of each other. Cognitive dissonance, y'all.

If their main view is "government bad, money good" and that's as much thought as they put into it, I can see how they could simultaneously agree with both tweets - the first being "gently caress poor people", the second being "lol government broken".

Still stupid, though.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

red19fire posted:

I mean, he may be a shitheel but you can be against something and not think that the people involved should be arrested. I'm offended by the movie Jack and Jill, but I would definitely have Zimmerman go to jail before Adam Sandler.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
Another reply from the only entertaining thing on my facebook. He posts a link about the media "attacking" the solider who shot 16 Iraqi civilians, quickly gets distracted by people calling it stupid, then starts a rant about completely unrelated poo poo. I try to wrap it up for him:

I posted:

America is exceptional despite the best efforts of sabotage by Obama and George Soros. These lamestream lie-bural media outlets are attacking soldiers by reporting on them murdering innocent civilians. Planned Parenthood and ACORN are fronts for radical muslim infiltration. The unemployed need to get off welfare and pick themselves up by their bootstraps, even if there are literally no jobs available to them. Did I miss anything?

He posted:

You forgot that this whole woman's reproductive rights debate was manufactured by the obama administration to distract us from his failures. Obama and most liberals hate jews, even though most jews are democrats. The media and democratic party give a pass for bigotry and sexism when it's aimed at black or female republicans. Liberals demand separation of church and state unless it's the state trying to destroy the church. Most liberals would abolish the Catholic church if given the chance even though its the largest charity in the world. I think that's most of it.

So he somehow agrees with the crazy stuff I wrote, and then shovels more right on top of it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

K. Farb posted:

Another reply from the only entertaining thing on my facebook. He posts a link about the media "attacking" the solider who shot 16 Iraqi civilians, quickly gets distracted by people calling it stupid, then starts a rant about completely unrelated poo poo. I try to wrap it up for him:

So he somehow agrees with the crazy stuff I wrote, and then shovels more right on top of it.
Its like attempting to troll Freep. You say the most ridiculous poo poo you can imagine and they agree with you because their operating level is already at the ridiculous poo poo stage.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

K. Farb posted:

People believe this.

People actually believe this.

I'm torn between laughing, crying, and drinking.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
These border security alerts are getting pretty crazy.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

K. Farb posted:

Another reply from the only entertaining thing on my facebook. He posts a link about the media "attacking" the solider who shot 16 Iraqi civilians

Afghani

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I like how the people from China just showed up. The world's water availability and usage were perfected calibrated until these Chinese just teleported here from space.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

So China's coming for our water supply, but P.S. our water supply is messing up our sex drives?

I've got an idea! Let's actually let the Chinese take our water. Then, when the bisphenol-a gets into their bodies they'll stop having sex. No sex, if you'll remember from high school biology, means less babies which means in a couple of years no more Chinese! Then we take our water back!

Seriously though, what is this? Some fringe Minute Man newsletter?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Brennanite posted:

I like how the people from China just showed up. The world's water availability and usage were perfected calibrated until these Chinese just teleported here from space.

I also love how Great Slave and Great Bear Lakes are completely ignored despite being pretty well as unpolluted as you can get.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Riptor posted:

Afghani

I assumed his Facebook friend didn't know the difference.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

To be fair there are legitimate concerns around water shortages.

But I don't think China is going to invade us for our water supplies any time soon...

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Clean water clearly is an issue, but the biggest concern is that the US will invade Canada over our supply. :colbert:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh ffs, another one of these.

First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-person-earn-more-100-000-still-feel-151200753.html

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh ffs, another one of these.

First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-person-earn-more-100-000-still-feel-151200753.html

These are useful. You can segue these into "Imagine how a family making half that would suffer."

I find these articles very frustrating as well, but I do think they can be used for a good end.

Also who the hell spends a grand on food for a family of four? What the hell are they eating?

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

CCKeane posted:

These are useful. You can segue these into "Imagine how a family making half that would suffer."

I find these articles very frustrating as well, but I do think they can be used for a good end.

Also who the hell spends a grand on food for a family of four? What the hell are they eating?

Arugula and Grey Poupon :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Those people love to talk about how they aren't rich on 100k a year, but they are able to do things us poors would never dream of like paying for their childrens college and saving a large chunk of money for retirement and spending 1500 loving dollars a month on gas and food. That rear end in a top hat spends almost as much on gas and food as I take home in a month. In conclusion, gently caress the author.